• Published 11th Mar 2018
  • 1,011 Views, 29 Comments

Some of Us... - The Pony of Lost Legend



Arceus Mort is a young colt, and by the orders of his mother and father...is always guarded by a tall guard named White Fire..At first he hates the treatment but then, he find he just may like it more than he thought...

  • ...
3
 29
 1,011

Chapter I

"Arceus get your ass down here," Ombre Mort calls up the stairs as he taps a hoof impatiently. Hailstorm stood at his side as they waited for their son to finally come down the stairs.

"I told you I don't want to dad!" Arcues yells in reply. Ombre huffs.

"Don't make me come up there and drag your ass down here!" he growls. Hailstorm taps his shoulder.

"Calm down, your anger isn't going to help our case," she says softly. Ombre snorts but falls silent. "Arceus please come down here, we don't want to keep this young colt waiting on you forever," she calls up the stairs. Arceus groans and comes down the stairs at last.

"Fine...but I still hate this, just to let you know," He says with a huff. Ombre rolls his eyes.

"Fairly noted by now," he mutters. Hailstorm points to the door.

"Mr. Fire is right outside, I suggest you go with him now," she says. "Oh! And do be nice, he's a fine colt and don't piss him off." she adds. He snorts.

"Yes Mom," he says sarcastically and walks for the door. "I'll show you it isn't necessary to have a commoner like me guarded by one of your guards ponies dad, just because you're high up in Celestia's ranks doesn't mean any of us are going to be assassinated," He adds with a roll of his eyes before walking out and shutting the door behind him. Looking ahead he stops.

"You must be Arceus," the tall guardsman says, he had a lower voice. Kind of soothing even... Arceus nods.

"And you must be White Fire," he replies. The colt chuckles and nods.

"Yeah that's me," he replies. Arceus walks down onto the sidewalk.

"Well White Fire I don't really need you to guard me so you can like...go do something else," Arceus says as he looks back to White Fire. White Fire chuckles and shakes his head.

"No way man, I've seen your father get angry, it isn't a pretty sight. I'm sticking with you until i'm given orders not to," he replies. Arceus sighs in frustration.

"Damn it...," he huffs. White Fire joins him on the sidewalk, his armored hooves clinking on the concrete.

"So, where you off to today Mr. Mort?" he asks with a sideways smirk. "Where ever your going just know I have to follow you like a stalker." he adds. Arceus chuckles softly.

"Noted...," he replies. If this noobie of a guard had a sense of humor, maybe this wouldn't be so bad.... As they start walking, White Fire does his best to start up a conversation.

"So, what's your story?" White asks. Arceus looks to him.

"My story?" he asks. White nods.

"Yeah, how come your parents want you guarded 24/7?" he asks. Arceus looks ahead of him as they keep walking.

"Well, it was more of my dad's idea, and my mom is always fearful to disagree with him, so yeah...," Arceus replies. White chuckles.

"Mrs. Mort seems like a nice mare, though every once in a while I find her calling your father Master," White says with a sly grin. "Makes me wonder about things I really shouldn't be wondering about." Arceus snickers.

"My dad insists she call him that, one of his...hm hm rules," Arceus says, earning a laugh out of the guard.

"Right Right," he says.

"Anyways...I was only going to hang out with a friend of mine, are you sure you want to stick around?" Arceus asks as he stops and looks back to White. White nods.

"Positive," he replies and they keep walking. "So what's her name?" he asks, catching Arcues by surprise.

"Hu?" he asks. White chuckles.

"Your friend. What's her name?" he asks.

"Archene," Arceus replies. "How did you know it was a mare anyways?" he adds. White grins.

"I have an eye for these things," he replies. "You like her?" he asks. Arceus shakes his head.

"No No," he says instantly. "She's just a good friend.." he adds. White nods.

"I see." he replies.

"I've never really seen her as anything more than a friend honestly.." Arceus says. White Fire raises an eyebrow.

"Oh?" He asks. Arceus nods.

"Yeah, besides, she's got a coltfriend anyway," he says. White Fire looks to him.

"What's the coltfriend like aye?" Whites asks. Arceus looks to him.

"His name's Midnight, he's really protective and with him being part of the Lunar Guard does make most colts run in fear," Arceus says with a chuckle. "He's another good friend of mine." White nods. "So why are you asking so many questions?" Arceus asks. White Fire chuckles.

"Just trying to learn about you since I'm stuck with you for awhile," he replies. Arceus laughs.

"I guess your right," Arceus says. "So..when did you become part of the Royal Guard?"

"About a month ago," White replies. Arceus looks to him.

"So your around my age then?" Arceus asks out of curiosity.

"Depends how old you are," White says with a chuckle.

"18," Arceus replies. White nods.

"I'm 19, I got about a year on you," he says. Arceus blinks.

"Damn, i'm being guarded by somepony barely older than me, what a blessing," Arceus says sarcastically.

"I'll have you know that you'd rather have me over the older guards. They stand there all stiff like they need a real shove of a dick in their asses," White snorts. Arceus laughs hard.

"So they're just like my dad then?" he asks, laughing. White laughs and nods.

"Just like him," he agrees.

"Damn, then i'm glad i'm stuck with you, I really don't want a pony like my dad always looking over my shoulders," Arceus says. White chuckles.

"I told you so," White says.

"Arceus!!" a tall mare says as she trots over and hugs him tightly. Arceus coughs.

"C-Can't breathe A-Archene," Arceus chokes out. White snickers as Archene lets go.

"S-Sorry, I was just so happy to see you I didn't realize how hard I was hugging you...again," Archene says in a hushed voice. A tall dark pegisi with piercing gold eyes stood behind her.

"Hello there Midnight," Arceus says as they brohoof. Midnight nods.

"Hello Arceus," Midnight says in a deeper voice than even White. Arceus steps back and stands next to White Fire.

"Archene, Midnight, this is White Fire," Arceus says. "'White Fire, this is Archene and Midnight." White dips his head to them. Archene hugs him.

"Hia Whitey~!" She says cheerfully. White chuckles. Midnight nods.

"You must be Arcy's body guard aye?" He asks. White nods.

"I am." He replies. Archene lets go and steps back as she looks Arceus and White Fire for a moment.

"I totally ship this," She says with a giggle. Arceus blushes.

"T-That's not how it works Archene," Arceus says. White chuckles.

"Give it time Arceus!" Archene huffs. Arceus blushes more. Midnight snickers.

"Please excuse her, she has a habit of doing this..," Arceus says as he fumbles and apology to White. White chuckles and lowers his voice into a whisper.

"I don't know Arceus, you are quite a cutie," he whispers sending Arceus blushing deeper. "I'm just teasing you, don't mind me," White chuckles.

"MY SHIPS WILL SAIL!!!" Archene hisses and runs away down the sidewalk. Midnight rolls his eyes and follows her. White looks to Arceus who was completely red faced.

"Have you never been told you were cute by a colt before?" he asks. Arceus shakes his head.

"N-Never," He replies. White grins.

"Good, i'll be your first," he says before walking away, leaving Arceus looking after him as he trots with him. All he knew right then and there was that this..was going to be a long night...