• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 32,418 Views, 1,968 Comments

The Secret Life of Rarity - BronyWriter



Rarity has a deep dark secret that she cannot control but must hide from the world.

  • ...
94
 1,968
 32,418

What Boasting!

Rarity giggled like a maniac as she sewed a string of lace onto her latest design. She sat down on the floor to get a closer look at the underside and rubbed her hooves together when she saw the flawless stitching perfectly in place. "It's almost complete!" Rarity sang.

Rarity shot to her hooves and moved a bolt of sky blue fabric over to her table. She cut several strips out of it and effortlessly attached them to the sides of a soft yellow dress. It was almost complete, and it would have been so if somepony hadn't chosen that precise moment to loudly knock on her door.

Rarity's eyes narrowed. "WHO DARES TO DISTURB ME WHEN I AM CREATING A MASTERPIECE OF MODERN FASHION?!" Silence fell over the room as Rarity gained control of her anger. However, just as she did, the knock came again. Giving a frustrated groan, she stormed over to her door and opened it.

Standing on the other side of the door were the two most beastly colts in Equestria: Snips and Snails. Oh, they should have been thankful that they were not classmates with Rarity, or else she would have left their sliced up corpses for the timber wolves to feast on. She silently rued the day when she Pinkie Swore to herself to never kill foals. Once they hit sixteen, though...

Trying her best to not lose her temper and kill them where they stood, she forced a grin on her face. "Oh, it's you two. How may I help you?"

"There's a new unicorn show in town! We were told by her to go gather ponies to see her show!" said Snails.

Gracious, his voice was even more grating than Rarity remembered, and she found it more difficult to maintain her grin. "Oh, you don't say? Well, I suppose I should have to go see this new show then. Uh, thank you for letting me know. Goodbye!" Rarity slammed the door in their faces and shuddered. The mere presence of those two colts made Rarity feel dirty. She did her best to push thoughts of them out of her mind and get back to work.

A half hour later, Rarity finally managed to finish up her dress. She grinned and circled around her creation to make sure that it was perfect. Her examinations revealed what she had hoped: the dress was perfect in every way. She certainly didn't expect to have it in stock for very long.

She ignited her horn and moved the dress form into her washing room so the dress could be cleaned before it went on her clothes rack. She glanced at a clock inside the wall and noticed that it was closing time. To her surprise though, the thought of this traveling unicorn performer was stuck in her head as she put away her sewing supplies. Ponies that were constantly on the move were easy prey for Rarity as they were often overlooked by most, and she mused that she had not had a kill since Gilda a few months ago. Rarity shrugged, she might as well see if she couldn't get this one in her basement if the mood struck her.

She trotted over to her door and exited her shop. Locking it behind her, she followed an increasingly large crowd of ponies to what appeared to be a trailer of some sort in the town square. It was a simple little trailer, and was completely normal aside from the garish flag that hung from the door.

Spotting her friends, sans Twilight, she walked over to them. "Hello there Applejack, Rainbow. How are you this fine evening?"

Applejack shrugged. "Ah'm doin' alright, Ah guess. 'M just standin' here, waitin' for this here show to start." She motioned over to her apple cart. "Ah was about ta pack up and go home fer the day when this crowd and wagon showed up." Applejack surveyed the crowd and smiled. "Ah like traveling shows like this. Ah hope this one's good."

"Yeah, I expect some good stuff out of this," Rainbow Dash agreed. "Since all unicorns can do some magic, this one must be pretty good if she's got her own show going."

Rarity nodded and opened her mouth to respond, but she found herself cut off by the most obnoxious, self-centered, boastful voice that she had ever heard in her life.

"Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of The Great and Powerful Trrrrixieeeee!"

At that name, the trailer began to morph into a stage, complete with a kitschy backdrop. Once the transformation was complete, a powder blue unicorn female appeared on the stage, sporting the most unbecoming grin. She was wearing a purple hat and cape with multicolored star patterns on them. Rarity's jaw dropped slightly at the sight of her. She could have created a better design using nothing but the skins in her basement... in her sleep... drunk... with one eye.

"Watch as The Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feats of magic ever seen by pony eyes!" Trixie pushed herself onto her hind legs as more fireworks and sparks appeared behind her.

Rarity's face hardened into an annoyed glare. "My, my, my, what boasting."

"Come on," said Spike beside her. "Nopony is as magical as Twi... Twi... Twi... oh! Uh, hey, Rarity." Rarity glanced over at Spike who was stuttering something about a mustache. Before Rarity could say anything, Spike zoomed away.

Rarity looked at the retreating form of the baby dragon with confusion. What was that all about?

Before Rarity could ponder it further, Twilight trotted up to the gathered ponies. "There's nothing wrong with being talented, is there?"

"Nothin' at all," said Applejack. She shot a glare in Trixie's direction as the showmare conjured some flowers. "'Ceptin' when someone goes around showin' it off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons."

"Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us," Rarity agreed.

Rainbow Dash flashed her trademark smug smile. "Especially when you have me around being better than the rest of us," she gloated, prompting a sharp glare from Applejack. Rainbow Dash flinched under Applejack's piercing gaze. "Uh... I mean... yeah, uh, magic, schmagic! Boo!"

Rainbow's forced response did nothing to lessen Applejack's glare, but Trixie turned her boastful attention to the group. "Well, well, well. It seems we have some ne-e-eigh-sayers in the audience. Who is so ignorant as to challenge The Great and Powerful Trixie?!" Trixie glared at them. "Do they not know that they are in the presence of the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria?"

Rarity merely gave Trixie a bored stare and shook her head. I wonder if I should tear her horn off before or after she wakes up in my basement. Unable to verbalize those thoughts, she blew a raspberry. "Just who does she think she is?"

"Yeah!" Spike interjected. "Since we all know that Twilight here is—"

"Spike!" Twilight cut off her dragon assistant and pushed him away from the group. Meanwhile, the others continued to argue amongst themselves, with occasional snide remarks from Trixie, about what should be done about her. Rarity inwardly scoffed. This one is going to be fun. I do wish I could cut her horn off now to take her down a peg, but I don't suppose that would be very fun.

Rarity shook her head as both Applejack and Rainbow Dash went up to challenge Trixie. Rarity knew that both would fail to best the snide performer. It wasn't as though Trixie would really fight fair anyway.

After Rainbow Dash recovered from being sent spinning around like a top, Spike, Applejack and Rainbow Dash began making subtle hints that Rarity should be the next one to challenge her. How petty of them.

"What we need is another unicorn to challenge her. Someone with magic of her own," said Spike, nudging Twilight.

Rarity rolled her eyes. Don't fall for this nonsense, Rarity.

"Yeah! A unicorn to show this unicorn who's boss!" agreed Rainbow. Rarity fought to keep her composure.

"A real unicorn-to-unicorn tussle!" said Applejack.

Well that did it; Rarity had had enough of this nonsense. "Enough, enough all of you!" she chided. "I take your hint, but Rarity is above such nonsense. Rainbow Dash and Applejack may behave like ruffians, but Rarity conducts herself with beauty and grace."

Trixie gave Rarity an evil grin. "What's the matter? Afraid you'll get a hair out of place in that rat's nest you call a mane?"

Rarity didn't even try to control her anger. This bully had to be taken down a peg even before Rarity dissected her later.
"Oh, It. Is. On!" she snarled, rage coursing through every molecule. "You may think you are tough with all of your so-called 'powers', but there is more to magic than your brutish ways. A unicorn needs to be more than just muscle." Rarity used her magic to bring Trixie's curtain towards her. She half wished that she had verbalized her thoughts to Trixie that she could create a better outfit while asleep and drunk, but a demonstration would have to do for now.

Within seconds, Rarity had made the most delightful and fashionable gown out of the curtain. The ponies in the crowd oohed in awe of Rarity's skills. "A unicorn is not a unicorn without grace and beauty." Rarity struck a pose that accented her dress the best. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

At that moment, however, Rarity felt her hair being enveloped in a bright glow. Something was wrong with her hair. Something was very, very, very, wrong with her mane. "QUICK!! I NEED A MIRROR!! GET ME A MIRROR!!" Rarity screeched. "What did she do to my hair? I know she did something terrible to my hair!"

"Nothing," Twilight lied.

"It's fine," Rainbow Dash reassured her.

"It's gorgeous," agreed Applejack.

"It’s green," said Spike bluntly.

Green hair! That monster had turned her hair green! She looked up at it and not only had she turned it green, but she had made it look like a rat's nest! Oh, Rarity would make sure that Trixie suffered like none of her victims had ever suffered before.

"No! Not green hair! Such an awful, awful color!" she wailed as she ran away.

* * * *

Once back home, Rarity had turned her mane back to normal with a simple spell, but after her third hour of scrubbing it, she still didn't feel as if it was clean. Trixie had to die; there was no doubt in Rarity's mind about that. Tears fell from her eyes as she remembered what her mane had looked like after Trixie had used her magic on it. She could endure her mane being soaked in blood, it came with her work, but that went far beyond crossing the line.

As she contemplated her next move, she heard a large roar coming from outside. It was not a roar from an animal that Rarity was familiar with, so she exited her shop to see a crowd of confused ponies walking directly towards the strange noise; Applejack and Rainbow Dash among them.

The crowd arrived in the town square just in time to her what Rarity had suspected all along. "I can't! No one can vanquish an Ursa Major, I just made the whole thing up to make me look good!" said Trixie. Rarity gave a satisfied smile. So, Trixie wasn't so 'Great and Powerful' after all.

Before Rarity could question what brought about the confession, she saw a truly terrifying sight: a giant, transparent, starry blue bear-like creature appeared behind a house, standing on its hind legs. Rarity had never seen a creature so massive! Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked just as worried as Rarity herself was. Maybe this creature would take care of her Trixie problem for her... on the other hoof, maybe it would obliterate the town with it.

Before she could contemplate her imminent destruction, Rarity saw Twilight walking directly in front of the Ursa Major, almost as if she was going to... no, she couldn't possibly. Even the Element of Magic couldn't do that! The proof was in the pudding, or magic, Rarity supposed, when Twilight's horn began glowing brighter than Rarity had ever seen it.

As Twilight continued casting spells, Rarity heard the most soothing music which made the Ursa rock back and forth sleepily. Against all odds, Twilight was doing it! She was vanquishing the Ursa!

If Rarity was impressed with Twilight's performance thus far, it was nothing compared to the shock of what Twilight did next. She actually used her magic to lift up the Ursa and place a gigantic water barrel into its paws before levitating it back to wherever in the forest it had come from.

Rarity and her friends looked on at Twilight in awe. A cheer began to form in the crowd and Rarity eagerly joined in, happy to know that she wasn't about to be destroyed. "Heavens to Betsy!" said Applejack in an impressed tone. "We knew you had ability, but not that much!"

To Rarity's surprise, Twilight looked at her friends fearfully. "I'm so sorry, please don't hate me!"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity looked at Twilight in confusion. "Hate you?"

Rarity smiled reassuringly at her friend. "Why, whatever do you mean, darling?"

Twilight looked away uneasily. "Well... I know how much you all hated Trixie's showing off with her magic tricks and I thought--"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Magic's got nothing to do with it," said Rainbow Dash with a frown. "Trixie's just a loudmouth."

"Most unpleasant," Rarity agreed.

"All hat and no cattle," said Applejack.

A look of uneasy surprise crossed Twilight's face. "So, you don't mind my magic tricks?"

Applejack gave her a warm smile. "Your magic is a part of who you are sugar cube, and we like who you are. We're proud to have such a talented unicorn as our friend."

"And after whuppin' that Ursa's hindquarters, we're even prouder!" said Rainbow Dash. Rarity and Applejack gave grunts of agreement.

Well, Twilight was happy for now. Rarity tuned out of the conversation and looked around the crowd for Trixie. After a few seconds, she heard Trixie speak up. Target acquired; she wouldn't be getting away. Rarity's eyes were trained on Trixie. If she could just get her alone... However, before Rarity could contemplate how, Trixie had vanished in a puff of smoke. Rarity looked around wildly for her and saw her running down the path out of Ponyville. Rarity inwardly growled, but mumbled something to Applejack about needing to get back to her shop which prompted a nod from Applejack.

Rarity bolted away from the crowd and towards Trixie. The puff of smoke was only a distraction, so Trixie couldn't be that far away.

As she continued running, she heard crying coming from some bushes not far away. She trotted up to the bushes and looked behind them. It was Trixie. Her hat was crooked on her head and she was sobbing into her forelegs.

Rarity cocked her head and cautiously approached her. Unfortunately for Rarity's plans, she stepped on a twig and the resulting noise caused Trixie to bolt up when she heard somepony walking behind her. Wheeling around, she came face to face with Rarity. She shrank back at the sight of the one of her supposed tormentors.

"What do you want?" she asked accusingly. "Have you come to make fun of Trixie? Make her even more miserable?"

Rarity resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Even now she was still boastfully referring to herself in the third person. However, she instead gave Trixie a kind smile. "No darling, I haven't. I think the way that they treated you back there was just ghastly," said Rarity as she put a sympathetic hoof on Trixie's shoulder.

Trixie cocked her head and a confused look spread over her face. "You...you aren't here to make fun of Trixie?"

"Of course not! I'm here to offer you some help if you need it," said Rarity.

"Even after I ruined your hair?"

Rarity chuckled and waved Trixie's unease away. "Oh darling, I overreacted to that. It just took a simple spell to turn it back to normal. No real harm done there." Trixie nodded glumly. Rarity smiled comfortingly at her and used her magic to straighten Trixie's hat on her head and readjust her cloak. "I know that your trailer was smashed in the Ursa attack; I saw the remains. Do you have a place to stay for the night?" Fresh tears formed around Trixie's eyes and she shook her head. "Well, you are welcome to stay at my house for the night. I have a guest room that you can use for as long as you need it. We have to be careful to not be seen when we get back into town as I imagine that you won't get the warmest reception. It would probably be beneficial to avoid such unpleasantness."

For the first time that night, a genuine, albeit small, smile crossed Trixie's face. "I-if I won't be imposing, I would like to have a place to sleep for the night."

"Well then, you are welcome in my house." Rarity walked behind Trixie and nudged her forward. "Come with me. We'll get you settled in for the night."

Trixie returned Rarity's kindly smile with a slightly wider one of her own and, before Rarity could react, Trixie threw her forelegs around Rarity's shoulders and hugged her close. "Thank you," she whispered. "I didn't expect you to be this kind."

Rarity chuckled and patted Trixie on the back. "Oh it's not problem at all, darling. I'm happy to help you out."

Trixie pulled out of the hug and Rarity beckoned her onwards. The two walked quietly towards Rarity's house, making sure that they were not seen once they arrived in Ponyville. Rarity had become adept at knowing when they were being watched or even glanced at. Thankfully, nopony saw them.

As they entered Carousel Boutique, Rarity led Trixie into the kitchen. "Would you like anything to drink before bed?"

Trixie nodded. "Just a glass of water is fine."

Rarity nodded and walked into her kitchen to pour Trixie a glass of water. She glanced back at Trixie to make sure that she wasn't looking. She was examining some photos on Rarity's mantlepiece and not paying attention to her hostess. Rarity allowed herself a small grin and pulled a small pouch of a sleeping drug that she had developed from a book she had checked out in the library. She poured the contents into the drink, watching the liquid for a moment to make sure everything had dissolved nicely. The bright red powder almost instantly dissolved, leaving the water only a touch murkier than before.

Content that the drug was hidden well enough, Rarity trotted back over to Trixie with the glass in her magical grip. Trixie smiled at her and thanked Rarity as she accepted the cup. She took a small sip.

As Trixie nursed the water, Rarity motioned to her hat and cape. "I can take care of those for you if you need me to." Trixie tilted her head in a nod and Rarity ignited her horn. She lifted Trixie's garish hat and cape off of her and laid them on a nearby chair after neatly folding the cape. Doubtlessly they would be burned once Trixie was dead.

Rarity looked back over to Trixie who was just beginning to feel the effects of the sleeping potion. Her eyelids drooped, and her head kept tilting forwards as if she was going to fall asleep where she stood. "Uh, I guess I'm more tired than I thought. Uh, where is your guest room? I'm feeling really sleepy right now."

"Oh, it's in the basement darling if you will just follow me," said Rarity. With some effort, Trixie got up and slowly followed Rarity, becoming more disoriented with each step. Rarity was actually surprised when Trixie managed to get down the stairs without collapsing. "Here we are!" said Rarity happily motioning to the horrors that made up her basement.

Trixie's eyes widened in horror. "I... wha... w... uh..." Before she could run from the basement, Trixie collapsed onto the floor.

Rarity smiled at the unconscious form and ignited her horn, lifting Trixie into the air. "Time to get started."

* * * *

As Rarity finished strapping Trixie to her table, she remembered Trixie's horn. Her horn would need to come off before she woke up. If Trixie's talent was magic, it would be best if she didn't have that when she woke up. Rarity grabbed her hammer and with one powerful swing it was done. Trixie convulsed for a few seconds, but did not wake up. Rarity tossed the broken horn into her bucket and sat down to wait for Trixie to wake up.

Blood was already starting to ooze from the severed horn as Trixie slowly started to wake up. She was groggy at first, but she came to full consciousness soon enough. "Ah, so glad to see you're awake darling. I was worried; I don't have all night and the more tired I get, the more disoriented I am. However, we're both wide awake now so we can begin!"

Trixie let loose a tiny squeak of fear as she looked around in horror at her surroundings. "What are you going to do to Trixie?" she whimpered.

Rarity tisked rolled her eyes. "Well first off, if you refer to yourself in the third person once more I am going to cut out your tongue and slice it to pieces in front of you. Is that a good start?" Trixie squealed in fear and clamped her mouth shut. "Well, aside from that, let me tell you a bit about what it is that I do down here." Rarity motioned to her surroundings paying particular attention to her wall of pony skins. "I bring mean, nasty ponies that hurt me or my friends in some way and I make their last few hours as miserable as possible. If I like their manes or hides, I put them on my wall. Simple enough, yes? Now, you hurt and embarrassed not only my friends, but me as well." Rarity glared at Trixie and levitated her tray over to her. "I don't like ponies that do either."

Tears began falling from Trixie's eyes. She scrunched up her eyes and concentrated in an attempt to perform a spell to get her out of this mess. The attempt only made the blood coming out of the stump where her horn used to be flow faster.
Trixie realized that her horn wasn't working when streams of blood began trickling down her face. Her eyes shot open and she looked up to where she thought her horn would be. She began to panic when she didn't see it. "WHERE IS MY HORN?!" she screamed. Rarity took Trixie's horn out of the bucket and levitated it in front of her. Trixie stared at the broken off horn in shock.

"Did you really think that I would forget to do this part? I mean, you do have magical talent, I won't deny that. As such, it was my best interests that this had to go as soon as possible," said Rarity. Trixie's eyes widened as she stared at the horn. Suddenly, she let out an ear piercing scream that caused Rarity to drop the horn and cover her ears. She rushed over to Trixie and pressed a knife against her throat. Trixie stopped screaming at the feeling of sharp metal against her throat. "I WOULDN'T DO THAT AGAIN IF I WERE YOU!" yelled Rarity. Trixie regained control and started breathing heavily.

Rarity placed the knife back on her tray and sighed. "I know that you had no way of knowing this, darling, but I really hate it when ponies do that. You see, this room is soundproof so you could scream until your throat bled but nopony could hear you. Nopony except me that is. So, for the sake of my ears, I must ask you to not do that, okay?" Trixie shut her eyes and nodded.

Rarity walked over to a shopping bag that she had gotten a while ago. "Now, I was going to use this to potentially repaint my bathroom, but decided that now would be a better opportunity to use this." Trixie opened her eyes and looked at Rarity in time to see Rarity pull a bucket of green paint out of the bag. She turned towards Trixie and used her magic to levitate the bucket and pull off the top. a malicious smile crossed Rarity's face. "I think green hair is simply horrid, don't you?"

Trixie's eyes widened and she struggled to get out of the straps but it was no use. Rarity levitated the bucket over Trixie's head. With a giggle of glee, she flipped the bucket over causing the contents to spill over, drenching the hapless ex-unicorn in green paint.

Trixie began to panic again once she felt the pain splash all over her and she started to thrash about. Rarity groaned quietly. She hated it when ponies thrashed about. It was so undignified. "Trixie, I must insist that you calm down, you're getting paint all over the place."

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow," Trixie whimpered.

Rarity raised an eyebrow and cocked her head. "Ow? It's just paint, darling, how does it... oh, I see." Rarity grabbed a washcloth and began cleaning paint out of the stump where Trixie's horn used to be. Trixie's eyes filled with tears of pain as Rarity continued to clean green paint out of the bloody stump.

After a few minutes, Rarity placed a bandage over the hole. "I'm so sorry, I didn't even think about the paint getting into the hole. Do forgive me, darling." Trixie shook her head. Rarity frowned. "Well, there really is no point in being polite with you, is there? I didn't have to clean the paint out of the horn you know!" Trixie just continued to whimper as tears of pain fell from her eyes. Rarity rolled her eyes. "Well, I suppose we should just get along to the main event shouldn't we?"

Rarity grabbed a large steak knife out of her workbench. She was particularly fond of this knife as she had to order it from Griffonia. Ponies didn't eat meat and as such, they didn't have knives designed for cutting meat. Griffins weren't so picky.
Rarity went back over to Trixie and started slicing her open, causing a gasp of pain from Trixie. Rarity stopped cutting and ran her hoof over the cut. "Oh dear. I'm afraid that because of the paint I can't cut as smoothly as I want to. Just give me a minute while I clean the incision area out, will you?"

Rarity ran upstairs and grabbed a fresh washcloth and filled a bucket with warm water. Going back downstairs, she saw that Trixie was staring blankly at the large cut on her stomach. Rarity dipped the washcloth into the water and began scrubbing the paint off of Trixie. Rarity noted that Trixie had a look of resignation on her face, as if she had accepted that she would die here. Well, she wasn't wrong of course. She most certainly would die here.

As Rarity continued scrubbing, Trixie began talking to her. "I come from Hoofington originally, did you know that?" Rarity shook her head and continued cleaning the paint off. "Five years ago, my father left our family to go on a business trip to Ponyville and he never came home. We searched frantically for him, but we never found him. Eventually the police gave up and told us to get on with our lives, so we did. My mother was never the same after that. It was just her taking care of four foals all by herself. As the oldest, I had to take care of my younger sisters while my mother was sitting in her room, drunk off of whatever she could get her hooves on. It was very tough."

Rarity nodded. "I can see how that would be the case."

"My father always told me that I was his magical little filly. I was amazing at magic, even at a young age, and I was going to go to Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. I got in, but I quickly learned that I wasn't able to keep up with the schoolwork that they set. I didn't have the magical range that I thought I did, so I had to drop out after a few months. My father was disappointed, but he told me that he was still proud of me and that he would never stop loving me.

"My mother, on the other hoof, was visibly upset, and it came out in the way she interacted with me. I could tell that, unlike my father, she actually loved me less because of what I couldn't do." Tears now fell from Trixie's eyes. "She kept her verbal abuse to a minimum around my father, but when he disappeared... I don't know, she just kind of snapped. She began hitting me and my sisters, until she discovered alcohol of course. We were sure to never be around her when she was drunk... or sober for that matter."

"So you turned to performing in order to try to make your mother love you again is that it?" asked Rarity.

Trixie nodded. "I thought that if I could become the most powerful unicorn in Equestria, then maybe some of the scars that my father's disappearances left would heal and we could be happy again."

"If your mother was here right now, what would you say to her?" asked Rarity.

Trixie chuckled weakly. "Help, this crazy unicorn broke off my horn and is about to slice me open."

Rarity smirked and put the washcloth back in the bucket. "Alright darling, I'm finished now. We can begin." Rarity ran a hoof over Trixie's clean stomach and chest, searching for any last remains of paint. Finding nothing, she grabbed the knife again and began slicing Trixie open once more, starting from the original incision point. As she sliced, Trixie tensed up and tears of pain fell from her eyes once more. As Rarity continued to cut Trixie open, a question crossed her mind. "What was the purpose of that story, darling? Was it meant to inspire sympathy in me so I would let you go?"

Trixie gave a few squeals of pain before she answered. "I... I... I don't know... maybe I suppose."

"Hmm, 'maybe you suppose.' Interesting. Well, I do feel a little sorry for your situation. Are your mother and sisters still in Hoofington?" she asked. Trixie nodded. "Good, I'll be sure to look for them when I go to deliver some dresses next week."

Trixie's eyes widened in fear. "No! Please don't hurt my sisters; they didn't do anything to anypony!"

Rarity glanced up from her work. "Are you sure?"

"Yes! Please don't hurt them!" Trixie begged.

"Well, would they be better off with your drunken, abusive mother or in foster care?" she asked. Trixie began weakly struggling to get out of the straps once more. Rarity sighed and began twirling her knife. "Look, if it is any consolation, I don't kill foals. I haven't since I was eleven years old. If the story you told me is true, then they would be better off without her." Trixie didn't respond. "Well, at any rate I'm finished with this part." Rarity pulled the flap of skin open and Trixie almost passed out from the shock and pain, but Rarity injected a adrenaline needle into Trixie's neck. "Come on now, there's no need to pass out."

Trixie's body convulsed from the drug, but she remained awake. Rarity got to work cutting Trixie up. As she was worked, Trixie weakly started to say something to Rarity. Rarity stopped cutting and leaned in next to Trixie. "What's that darling?"

Trixie took a few labored breaths before speaking again. "Did... did you kill my father?" she asked in a weak whisper.
Rarity mused for a second. Five years ago, businesspony stallion... She shrugged "I don't know, what did he look like?"

"Light brown color, darker brown mane, suitcase cutie mark." Rarity scanned her wall and pointed. Trixie looked to where Rarity was pointing. She turned away and began sobbing harder than she had this entire time.

"Is that him?" Rarity asked. Trixie merely nodded. Rarity returned the nod as she went in for the kill.

* * * *

One week after Trixie's death, Rarity was sitting in a bar in Hoofington, relaxing for a moment after a particularly large sale before she went back to Ponyville. Her client had recommended this place to her as a good place to get a quick drink. It was only a few seconds after she had sat down that the bartender came up to her. "What'll it be?"

"Oh just a cranberry juice, please," she said, placing a few bits on the counter.

Rarity heard the most unbecoming laugh to her left and glanced at the source of the noise to see a drunken unicorn mare. "A *hic* cranberry juice? Lookie here fellas, *hic* this pony here can't take her booze!"

Rarity turned to glare at her, but stopped when she saw that this unicorn looked oddly familiar. She had the came coloration as a certain paint splattered pelt that adorned her wall right next to a light brown one.

The drunken unicorn continued to act in a most unseemly manner. "Hey, you're a unicorn! My daughter Trixie is a unicorn. She calls herself *hic* 'The Great and Powerful Trixie!'" The mare frowned. "More like 'The Useless and Abandoning Trixie.' That useless slob was supposed to have been home two days ago!"

Rarity raised an eyebrow, a new interest in this drunk. "Trixie, you say?" said Rarity sipping her cranberry juice. She began drinking her juice quickly and once she drained the cup, she leaned in close to the bartender. "I think she's had enough, don't you?"

The bartender looked at Trixie's mother and nodded. "Alright miss, you've had enough. Pay up and get out of here!"

Trixie's mother suddenly bolted out of the door without paying. The bartender got up to follow her, but he didn't pursue her beyond the door of the bar. Rarity quickly exited the bar as well and quickly chased after Trixie's mother.

The chase was not a long one and before too long, Trixie's mother went inside her house and slammed the door behind her. Rarity quickly began looking through the windows of the house and was delighted to see Trixie's mother asleep in what Rarity guessed was her room.

Slowly Rarity opened the window from the outside and climbed inside the room. She landed silently on her hooves and looked down at the mare unconscious on the floor. Igniting her horn, Rarity slipped the dirty bed sheets off of the small bed in the room and twisted them into a noose. She slipped it over Trixie's mother's neck and began pulling. The sudden loss of air woke the mare up immediately, but in her inebriated state she could do little to prevent the noose from crushing against her throat.

"Shh, just go to sleep, darling," Rarity cooed. "Just fall asleep. It will all be over soon."

The mare clutched at the sheets as her horn emulated weak sparks. Within a minute her struggles became weaker, and with one final sharp tug on the sheets she was still.

Rarity smiled to herself, but continued tugging on the sheet for another minute to ensure the kill. When she was satisfied, she opened up the closet in the room and pushed aside the few dresses and formal wear that were hung inside. She dragged the mare's body to the closet and tied the end of the sheet to the wooden bar inside the closet before lifting the mare up and moving a nearby chair under her. She stood the mare up on the chair and tightened the noose one final time.

Rarity put a hoof on the back of the chair and looked up at the mare's body. "Just a sad drunken mare who couldn't take it anymore and wanted to end it all."

With one more burst from her horn, Rarity pulled the chair out from under the mare, leaving the body hanging inside the closet.

Rarity chuckled to herself and trotted back to the window. "Perfect, Rarity. Absolutely perfect."