• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 3,254 Views, 107 Comments

The Witch - DavidReinold



A young man attempts to unravel the mystery that is Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
15
 107
 3,254

Cantamen Secundo - Puella Magi (I Pars - Annecto)

Let me take a moment to get my thoughts together, since I myself am still reeling from last night's events (assuming 'events' is a sufficient word to describe all that):

The blue-haired girl and I are sitting at the dining room table. She pouts at me from the opposite end, while I stare at the ceiling, waiting for her to give in. Allow me to explain: there is no food in the house. At least, none that either of us is willing to touch. All the eggs are gone. She hates vegetables of all kinds. I'm going to need about a week before I can stand the sight of sliced bread again.

Oh, and she refuses to leave the house, meaning if I was going to get groceries, I'd need to leave her here.

Alone.

Yeah, not going to happen.

Until now, I've never had a reason to wish I was good with kids. I certainly never anticipated being in a situation like this. The strangest questions begin surfacing in my mind. Things like 'why is her hair blue? Isn't she, like, eight years old?' or 'where did she get the newspaper to make that hat...?' The human mind is so useless sometimes. If I can waste time asking these meaningless questions, I can think my way out of this conundrum.

"What would I have to do to get you to leave the house with me?"

"It's not that I don't want to leave the house, Spikey-Spike. I just can't. Not unless Twilight is here."

"What does Twilight have to do with this?"

"Everything, you silly."

"I don't understand at all. I feel like I'm missing something here. Can you please just tell me what you know?"

"Not until I get breakfast, Mister Spike."

I let out an exasperated sigh and hang my head in frustration. Something inside of me just gives up.

"Okay. Fine. You win. I'll go get groceries, and then I'll go track down Twilight. Then I'll come back here, and we'll all have tea and biscuits and have a lovely time talking about everything you're not telling me right now."

"Was that so hard?"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the absurd hiatus! I hope it's worth it!

Comments ( 11 )

ROW, ROW, ROW YOUR BOAT,
SNEAKIN' UP THE STREAM!
LOCK AND LOAD, IN TACTICS MODE,
UNITED STATES MARINE!

For some reason, I don't remember reading chapters 10 through 12, even though they were marked as read. Ah well, it just gave me an excuse to reread the whole story. (And it was even better than I remembered. :twilightsmile:)

I've mostly left MLP alone for a while now. I only pop back in here every few days so I don't miss some the amazing work the brony community continues to pump out. The main story I was following was FoE: Outlaw by Tofu, but this is just awesome.

You missed a green back in chapter three, when you changed things. Which helped the story a bit. I left a comment then to help you find it.

Also, it's nice, not having to wait out your usual cliffhangering. Now it starts again, I suppose.

I've noticed that I tend to get rather verbose late at night. I just don't know when to stop. So I'm just going to stop... now.

Thank yo---ARGH! STOP!

(P.S: The wait was totally worth it.)

3029807 Spoilers: in this arc of The Witch, everyone dies a couple of times. Also Twilight is from the future and Spike is the most powerful witch.

3033420 Thank you for pointing out the missed 'green'. Having people willing to pitch in on quality control helps a lot~

pleaaase update... :)

So... dead? :fluttershyouch:

4574412 With the introduction of the Equestria Girls movies, I had to spend some time thinking of how to allow the story to progress naturally, ambivalent to but not entirely detached from the films. I also needed to take a break from writing. Hoping to update it soon.

5088186 Good luck to you then, this is one the best stories I've read here.

78 weeks later, I've moved town, finished high school, and generally lost interest in all things MLP. I haven't touched the cartoon since the fiasco that was the season 3 ending, but every so often I get bored enough to pop back in here and look at stuff. This time I decided to reread a few of my favourites, including this.

Now, I have had over 3 months with nothing productive to do, and another fortnight to go before I start Uni. I have watched many an anime during this time, including Puella Magi Madoka Magica. So when I saw the title of this chapter and the reply to Von Snootingham's comment, needless to say I am now quite curious. Then again, I'm not sure if this fic actually has anything to do with that anime, so... I guess I'll find out when you finally manage to update.

Login or register to comment