• Published 16th Apr 2019
  • 1,047 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Mages: Omitted Tie - Foxhelm



Sunset's life seems to be flawless, but the next morning no one remembers the good she has done. Looking for answers she has to make a deal with... The Great and Powerful Trixie!

  • ...
5
 21
 1,047

Gone, Gone, Gone

Sunset and Sci-Twi were in the library of Midnight Castle. They sat opposite each other and they each were reading a book, “Isn’t book night great?” Sci-Twi asked as looked from her book. Sunset lowered her book and gave a clearly forced smile. Sci-Twi laughed sheepishly, “Sorry. I know books are more my thing.” she sighed as she put her book down.

Sunset also put her book down and reached to place her hand on Sci-Twi, “Bae, it’s okay.” she tried to reassure her girlfriend. “We don’t like all the same things, and this was not a bad idea, just one that won’t work.” The two shared a smile. Sunset then got up and walked around the table to be next to Twilight. She cupped Sci-Twi’s chin and pulled her into a kiss on her lips. “I’m going to bed,” Sunset then started to leave. “I hope you enjoy that book,” she said with a sultry tone as she brushed the book with her hand alluringly.

Sci-Twi gave an annoyed laugh, “Ha, ha. I’m not some kind of bibliophile!” she then puffed out her checks in a pout.

Sunset gave Sci-Twi another kiss, “Do you know how cute you are when you try to be all pouty?” she asked rhetorically as she placed her forehead on Sci-Twi's.

Sci-Twi continued her attempt to pout, but it was fruitless. She then kissed Sunset, “I guess it's good night then.” she asked Sunset nodded. The two then shared a hug and Sunset got up.

As Sunset turned to leave Sci-Twi, she bumped into someone, “Oh sorry, I guess I didn’t see you there.” she apologized to the person she bumped into, a woman about her age, dressed in a brown sweater and denim pants. She had green unruly hair and light brown eyes.

“I’ve been trying to get your two’s attention halfway through the first kiss.” the woman said blankly. The couple looked at each other and blushed fully embarrassed.

“Sorry, I’m Sun…” Sunset started.

“Sunset Shimmer.” The woman then turned to Sci-Twi, “And you’re Twilight Sparkle, better known as Sci-Twi because there is another person with the same name.” She then raised her right hand showing the palm, “And before you ask, I’m Wallflower Blush,” Wallflower turned her focus back to Sunset, “We met when arrived and made your deal with the late Baroness Cinch. And we bumped into each other when you went to catch the Daring Do premiere like last week.”

Sunset looked around nervously for a second, “And it’s good to see how you are doing.” she forced herself to say.

Wallflower just looked at her blankly for a second, “And we’re to work together for Baroness Flare’s upcoming naming day celebration.” she pointed out. Sunset could only laugh in a weak apologetic way. Wallflower sighed and handed to Sunset a piece of paper, “And here is the itinerary for the day, it’s not finalized yet.”

Just then another young woman entered the library, “Excuse me, The Great and Powerful Trixie demands to speak to the head of ceremonies!”

Sunset groaned, “That’s not my title nor is that what the position is called.” she said as she tried to maintain some composer. “What do you want, and aren’t you suppose to be back in Mystica?” she asked after a second of thought.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is a traveling show-woman able to travel the globe as she sees fit!” Trixie started. “Also Starlight got all huffy about me teleporting the Aura Map without actually knowing where I was sending it when she wanted me to teleport an apple, and she said that I didn’t take the whole matter all that seriously.” she almost sheepishly confessed. Everyone groaned. “But that is beside the point.” She then took the itinerary from Sunset, “Why wasn’t my act selected as the main event? Not even selected for the warm-up. In fact, it’s not even listed!”

Sunset closed her eyes and seized the bridge of her nose, “How should I put this?” she asked rhetorically. “Your act didn’t make it because it’s not a major act,” she informed Trixie.

“Hmm, and neither has your ‘Fire Dance’, but that didn’t stop you from performing it.” Trixie pointed out as she showed the itinerary of a previous naming name celebration with the penciled-in ‘Sunset Shimmer: Fire Dance.’

Sunset looked down and groaned, “But that’s not Sunset anymore.” Sci-Twi spoke up in her girlfriends’ defense, “She’s earned to be remembered differently.”

Sunset smiled and hugged Sci-Twi, “Thanks, bae.” Sunset said in gratitude. She turned back to Trixie, “Look, Trixie, we're not having a showing of the ‘Grrreat and Powerrrful Trrrixie: Cross The Mirror Tour’,” Sunset finished. “I’m sorry.”

Trixie scowled in response, “Oh, you're the one who'll be sorry, Sunset Shimmer! When you least expect it, I'll have my revenge, and then I'll disappear!” Trixie then pulled a smoke bomb from a pocket in her cloak and threw it to the ground filling the area with smoke with a poof which caused the three others to cough in response.

Once the smoke cleared, “Alright, well Babe, I am goin’ to bed.” Sunset said kissed Sci-Twi good night.

“About the…” Wallflower started.

“Good night, I am gonna read some more, but I should first but these books where the librarian can put them back.” Sci-Twi cut her off and Sunset and Sci-Twi left Wallflower all alone.

“itinerary?” Wallflower finished with a sigh of exhaustion.

Later that night, as Sunset slept, a strange mist-like substance traveled throughout the castle and the whole of the domain of Midnight Castle. As the substance traveled, it weaved its way into and out of the ears of everyone that lived there and then weaved out with copies of Sunset’s Aura Mark in the mist.

The next morning, as a crow of a rooster woke her, Sunset found that she was alone, “Oh bae, another all-nighter in the library.” she muttered as she reluctantly got out of bed. She stretched her arms and back, “or maybe she's tinkering with her automaton project.” she added after some thoughts, “whatever, that girl really needs to get some real sleep.”

After getting dressed for the day, Sunset exited her bedchamber and started to feast hall to get some breakfast. As she traversed the castle, Sunset was greeted by faint cries of horror as some ran from her and nervous worried smiles and glances that revealed the people were uncomfortable around her. Some nervously walked away from her. This left Sunset utterly befuddled. And more concerningly, this reaction to her plagued her as she ate and while she looked for Sci-Twi. It took about two hours, but she found her girlfriend in the library's automaton section, “Hey Bae.” Sci-Twi squeaked and tried to run away, “Hey, what is going on?” Sunset asked as she grabbed Sci-Twi’s arm stopping her.

“Please don’t hurt me.” the girl whimpered as she closed her eyes and started to cry.

Sunset raised an eyebrow in confusion, “Why? You’re my girlfriend.” Sunset asked.

“No, the only interaction we had was when you yelled at me because I couldn’t control the power that Cinch made me with.” Sci-Twi cried as she weakly tried to break Sunset’s hold.

Sunset’s eyes widened in terror at that, “But what about your reforming from the oak, what about seeing Daring Do and the Rings of Destiny?” Sunset asked in disbelief. She then closed her eyes and took a breath. She then opened them and saw into Sci-Twi’s memories and bit by bit Sunset saw herself being erased from all the good ones. Sunset released her hold and covered her mouth as she was about to cry. “No, it can’t be. I’ve… we’ve… all… erased.” She turned and left the frightened Sci-Twi alone.