• Published 10th Mar 2018
  • 302 Views, 0 Comments

V.R.W.S. - FandomPlays1234



Global Genocide on Earth, gamers hunted in VR, Origins Inc. shows no mercy, the only solution, War

  • ...
 0
 302

Prologue: Escape into Paradise

Lawrence swallowed hard as held the visor in his hands. Never before had he felt so nervous about playing a game. He looked over to his left where his friend, Donny Whitestone, nodded back at him. He looked over to his right where his other friend, Zoe Elwood," clutched his arm tightly.

"Hey it's ok, I'm sure someone can help us," said Lawrence.

"How can you be sure?" asked Zoe.

"Trust me if something were happen to you, I'll do everything I can to keep you safe," answered Lawrence.

Suddenly a voice called out his name."Lawrence W. Bishop!"

"Here!" Lawrence answered loudly. Just as he did, one of the resistance members walked up to him and checked his visors to make sure they were in working order and nodded at Lawrence. Lawrence nodded back as the man walked over to Zoe and checked her visors in the process. Lawrence took a deep breath. He could remember when he first heard the announcement. Origins Inc. had taken over the U.S. Government and was now planning a Global Genocide of humanity. This wasn't good but still nobody could oppose President Clydius B Forrsoft aka Clyde for short. The only option, escape into Paradise and seek help to put an end to Clyde's evil plans.

"Alright it seems like everyone is ready," said a resistance member.

"Good, everyone, you know what to do right?" asked the leader of the resistance.

"Yes sir!" they all answered in unison.

"Well then, prepare to enter Paradise!" ordered the leader. Everyone quickly strapped the visors and switched the on button as the machines whirred to life. "I wish you all the best of luck!" Lawrence closed his eyes as his entire world was warped away into the Virtual World. When Lawrence opened his eyes he found himself in a completely different world from where he was. The sun was shinning and all the technology was replaced by nature. He looked down at himself and found himself wearing a black shirt with black pants and black gloves. He reached over to his side and felt something wrapped around his waist. When he looked down, he found a sword and it's scabbard wrapped around him.

"Hmm interesting," said Lawrence. He looked around to find himself alone in a plaza of a small village. "Welp welcome to Paradise I guess," Lawrence mumbled to himself. "If I'm going to stay here, I'll need a place to stay, better find one," Lawrence took one step to feel completely normal. "Huh I guess, this IS just VR so nothing should feel out of the ordinary," He began exploring the village hoping to find a motel or someplace that he can stay at for a while. Looking around he noticed that there were human figures but with some other animal parts attached to them such as fox ears or a cat's tail. others just looked like furries while others were completely human like with no animal characteristics to them at all. Lawrence continued to walk around in fascination when he noticed a young boy sitting on the side of the fountain while a white wolf slept next to him. "Maybe he can help me," Lawrence said to himself. Confidently he walked over to the boy. "Ahem excuse me, but would you mind helping me out?" he asked. The boy looked up at him.

"Yeah sure, what can I do for you?" he asked politely.

"You see I'm new here so I don't really know my way around, do you know where I can find a motel here?" Lawrence asked.

"We don't have one," a female voice answered. Lawrence turned around to see nothing behind him.

"Who said that?" Lawrence asked.

"Said what?" asked the boy.

"That voice," answered Lawrence.

"You mean me?" asked the voice. Lawrence quickly looked over to the white wolf who was next to him. The wolf slowly raised it's head and opened it's eyes. "You asked a question did you not?" asked the wolf.

"Whoa!" Lawrence yelped.

"Hey Evie I told you not to speak, you scared him," said the boy.

"My apologies good sir," said the wolf.

"Oh no it's fine," said Lawrence. "You just startled me that's all," said Lawrence.

"My name is Ray," said the boy holding out his hand.

"Lawrence," said Lawrence shaking his hand. The wolf jumped down and walked over to him inspecting him. "Um Ray what's your wolf doing?" asked Lawrence.

"Don't worry, even if she is a vicious wolf, she won't attack anybody unless they try to hurt me," answered Ray.

"So it's like your guardian?" asked Lawrence.

"Guess you could say that," answered the wolf.

"Oh right, her name is Evie, she's my wolf sister," said Ray.

"Your wolf sister?" asked Lawrence surprised.

"Well he says wolf sister, but really I'm just looking after him like a guardian, anyway nice to meet you dear," said Evie.

"Same here," said Lawrence.

"By the way, you said you wanted to know where the nearest motel right?" asked Ray. Lawrence nodded.

"I'm afraid to say anything, but you won't find one here," said Evie.

"What why?" asked Lawrence.

"Because of those damn A.P.S. officers of course," answered Ray.

"A.P.S. officers?" asked Lawrence.

"The Absolute Police Squadron, they are a group of officers that secretly works of the Origin's President," answered Evie. Lawrence's eyes widened as he grabbed Evie.

"You know about Origins Inc!?" asked Lawrence.

"Yeah, recently the A.P.S. has been walking around patrolling the area searching for something or someone," answered Ray.

"They currently have the motel all to themselves, wouldn't mess with them if I were you," added Evie.

"But I thought you said you guys didn't have a motel," said Lawrence.

"We don't at the moment," said Ray. "But if you can get rid of those A.P.S. Officers, we might be able to take back that motel," Ray.

"Alright I'll do what I can," said Lawrence.

"Wait are you sure about this?" asked Evie.

"Trust me I know what I'm doing," answered Lawrence. He turned around as he walked towards the motel with Ray and Evie following behind.

Author's Note:

Prologue complete. Well it seems like things are bad enough even in Paradise. Hopefully Lawrence can take that motel back from the A.P.S. Let's hope for his safe return.