• Published 11th Mar 2018
  • 1,254 Views, 19 Comments

I'll Run Anywhere with You - PinkieDashLover



Sonic has a secret. Rarity and Pinkie Pie find out about it and want to help him fufill it. How will this play out?

  • ...
31
 19
 1,254

Chapter 1: The Secret Is Out

Author's Note:

Okay so if you saw the cover image and you don't ship Sonadow, that's fine and you don't have to read this story.

But if you DO ship Sonadow, then I really hope you all enjoy this story!

Also, please tell me if I did Rarity correctly. I have a hard time writing how Rarity talks, so please let me know if I wrote her right.

Sonic trudged down the streets of Ponyville, his eyes downcast, ears flat against his head, and his heart sunken. He wasn't completely sure where his legs were taking him, but he didn't really care. The blue blur hadn't felt this depressed in a long time, he couldn't even remember why he had been sad back then.

Before he could even realize it, there was the chime of a bell and the scent of fresh baked goods and sweets filled Sonic's nose. It finally dawned on the blue hedgehog that he had walked into SugarCube Corner, he guessed that this was where his feet wanted him to be, so he searched for an empty table. Once finding one, Sonic didn't waste time in sitting down, and allowing his head to slump onto the table.

"Nice going Sonic," Sonic thought with a sigh, "You once again lost your nerve and booked it before telling him how you felt, and to think you're supposed to be the fearless hero. Guess that's a lie"

"HIYA SONIC!!" A high-pitched voice broke into Sonic's thoughts. He looked up and saw a pink earth-pony and white unicorn trotting over to him, he didn't bother to put on a fake smile for them.

"Hey Pinkie. Hey Rarity," The blue hero grunted, addressing the pink earth-pony first then the white unicorn.

Rarity reacted to Sonic's sadness immediently when she asked, "Darling, whatever is the matter?"

Sonic lifted his head slightly and answered with, "I tried to confess my feelings for someone, but I lost it and got out of there was fast as I could."

"Awww," Pinkie said, putting her hoof on Sonic's hand, "still couldn't tell Shadow that you love him? Don't worry Sonic, you'll be able to do it next time."

Sonic shot up like a rocket while Rarity's face froze, "WHAT!?" they both shouted at the same time.

Pinkie looked at both of their dumbfounded expressions and asked in an almost innocent tone, "What?"

"Wha-......How-.......When did you figure this out!?" Sonic demanded, still in shock that Pinkie had said his secret out loud.

The party pony tilted her head, "I thought it was pretty obvious when you're always smiling when he's around, that you always praise him to us when he isn't around, not to mention that one when I caught you staring at Shadow's-"

"Alright!" Sonic snapped, his face turning a brilliant shade of scarlet.

Rarity looked over a Sonic and smiled, "Oh Sonic, there is no reason to be embarrassed," she said, "There's absolutely nothing wrong with loving someone of the same gender."

Sonic gave a small - real - smile, but shook his head, "No, it's not that Rarity," he sighed, "It's that I can't seem to tell him the truth, I just run away and beat myself up for not telling Shadow my love for him."

Both Rarity and Pinkie thought for a moment, before Rarity brightened and sang, "Idea!🎵"

Sonic and Pinkie looked at the white unicorn and gave her questioning looks, then Sonic asked slowly, "Rarity, what are you thinking?"

Rarity looked at Sonic with a large grin and a sparkle in her eyes, "Why I'm thinking that we're going to help you confess your feelings to Shadow!" she cheered.

The blue blur's jaw fell open, "What? No! You don't have to do that!" he exclaimed in a rush, "I'm sure I'll muster up enough courage to tell Shadow how I feel one day."

Rarity rolled her eyes, then her brow fell straight, "Oh come now Sonic," she argued, "you've been in love with that black hedgehog for goodness knows how long and you always lose your nerve. Do you really think you can muster up some courage on your own after all this time has passed?"

Sonic opened his mouth to retort, but upon realizing that she was right, he closed it. This was rewarded with a triumphant yet somewhat smug smile from Rarity.

"Yeah!" Pinkie suddenly shouted, making the blue hedgehog and white unicorn to jump and look at her, "You don't have to worry any longer Sonic! We'll help you tell Shadow the truth! Then the two of you will live happily ever after!"

Sonic gave the two ponies a grateful smile, "Thanks girls, I don't think I could have asked to better friends to help me out with this," he replied, then added, "But if we're going to start planning, can we do it somewhere more private?"

Pinkie nodded vigorously, then a large lever appeared from no where right next to the party pony, "Sure thing, we'll go to my Party Planning Cave!" she exclaimed.

Then, Pinkie pulled the lever and the three of them slid down into the Party Cave to start brainstorming on ideas to help Sonic with his problem.


The moment the three of them made it down there, they each took a seat on one of the cupcake chairs and leaned on the table in the middle.

"Alright Sonic," Rarity said firmly, putting her front hooves on the table, "why don't we start off with you telling us why you love Shadow and what you love about him. That way we'll be able to think of plans that will appeal with Shadow more while hinting your own feelings for him in the process."

Sonic paused for a moment, then began to think about all the things he loved about Shadow. When they all came to him, he explained it with, "Well, I love Shadow because he's really mysterious and hard to figure out. It makes to me want to become closer to him and understand him more, he's always keeping to himself and I want to help him truly open up to at least one person. He's also super brave, almost always diving head-first into action when it's needed, and never letting up when the odds are against us. I also love how straightforward and to-the-point he is when he talks, it's nice to have someone who doesn't beat around the bush when we're trying to give bad news. And the last big thing I can think of are those eyes, while Shads may not know it, he has some of the most expressive eyes that I've ever seen. They always show when Shadow is upset about something, and I always confront him about. And that's it, that's why I love Shadow."

When Sonic finished, both Rarity and Pinkie Pie had tears in their eyes.

"Awwwww!!" They both squealed in delight with huge gins on their faces, making Sonic blush.

"That was so romantic!!" Rarity gushed, "I had no idea you had this side to you Sonic."

"Yeah," Pinkie agreed, "That was the sweetest thing I've ever heard you say!"

Sonic blushed madly, making him cover his face, "Thanks," he mumbled, "now can we start brainstorming on ideas for me to tell Shadow how I fell?"

The two ponies nodded, and they all began sharing their ideas. And in truth, Sonic had ever felt more eager to tell Shadow his feelings now that he had help from two great friends.