• Published 10th Mar 2018
  • 9,710 Views, 526 Comments

Twilight Daylight - thedarktome



Twilight has always been the mare to go to when you have a situation. But what happened if no one looked to her for help anymore? Her sole purpose was to help ponies and give them information. That's why she loved the library. But......what now?

  • ...
34
 526
 9,710

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21 - Preparing The Future

After the meeting with Sunset Shimmer, Arcadia closed the portal and sighed into her hooves, already worrying even though it wasn't so obvious like it used to be in the past. Madun gave her a supportive smile and a much appreciated stroke of her wing. "What are you planning?" He whispered.

"Well, obviously this is going to be a nationwide debate," she muttered before lifting her head out of her hooves. Arcadia sighed once more and stood up from her throne. "I must speak with my soon-to-be mother in law. We both know the Pseratep Government is not going to like this." She stalked off the throne and made her way towards the door while Madun smiled.

"I agree. Good luck, sweetheart. Whatever decision you make, as long as it's kind, I will support it."


After Arcadia explained the situation to Her Majesty Molten Ice, she was looking sheepishly to the nonchalant expression of the past Queen. Molten sighed before looking out the windows they were standing in front of for a moment, overlooking Psera. "Even though I am all for socialization among other civilizations, I am not so sure about that one, Lady Arcadia," she finally responded. "From what I have heard, you do not support Equestria anymore, correct?"

"Yes, that is true," she nodded in agreement. "However, I'm not too fond of disharmony amongst other ponies either. Other creatures that may attack ponies there is a big difference. The problem that I am seeing is not that Equestria is running out of stable building, heating, and weapon material. But that Equestria is going to go through the same thing it did in the dark ages. They will fight each other for what they have, and steal what they can get. Everypony is on their own. Blood will be shed, breakouts will happen, as well as killings, which Equestria very, very rarely sees. Once it happens, and it will, it will be so common afterwards that ponies will be desensitized to it. There will be a special unit of Royal Guard sent out, all without metal, to stop attacks all over Equestria. Sadly, I don't think it will work. There will be a civil war, and Equestria will no longer be the land of Harmony that it was raised to be. It will be the Land of Disharmony. All because of the lack of metal."

Molten pulled in her lips and sighed, looking out of her observatory glass. "I am not so sure the Pseratopian Congress will agree with helping out another land, considering it would put another chapter in our history books. When we first helped out another world, it brought problems."

"I am aware. But I am sure that Celestia, even if I am still slightly angry at her, will watch out for any interlopers—"

"I know she will," Molten interrupted. "But the rest of the congress do not know that. So you will have to convince them. Not I. I suggest you call for an assembly with them immediately if you wish to help as fast as we could. We have so much metal here, thanks to you. I do believe it is only fair that you share your creations with your homeland during a time of crisis. However, other ponies will not agree entirely."

"I really hope they do," Arcadia replied softly. "Like I said, I am not fond of Equestria. But I'd rather not hear of them destroying themselves. What has happened here in the past, will certainly happen again in Equestria."


That afternoon, Spike walked with Sunset Shimmer down the empty and silent hallways of the Castle of Friendship, the silence between the two sounding like thunder. It was empty, save for the two. After informing Celestia about Twilight's plan and possible help, she went back to Earth to talk with the others for a while before coming back to Ponyville to receive a status. So far, most of the buildings in Ponyville have been broken down to relieve them of their metals. Which included Sugarcube corner, the Carousel Boutique, Fluttershy's cottage, and Applejack's farm. The only one who was fine was Rainbow Dash. Who lived up in the sky. Rainbow was fearful of the upcoming winter. It was going to be freezing according to the weather report she receives from Cloudsdale everyday in the mail. And there will also be rain. The only thing actually keeping the ponies down on the ground warm was by cuddling and fires made from wood and flint.

Sunset stepped outside of the castle and stopped at the scene in front of her. Every building inside was being slowly broken down to the point where they'd be better off without walls. And there were a lot of miserable ponies walking around with hatred written all over their faces. Some were heard yelling at each other and pointing hooves, as well as snarling like wolves.

"Soon, they'll run out of food," Spike said after a while of watching. "Then things will get very ugly."

Sunset sighed and nodded in agreement. Then added, "We can't just ration out our food either. We have a lot of food that actually doesn't need to be cooked. But we only have a lot because we didn't have to eat it so much. We used other dishes to keep us satisfied. But the Equestrians will now have to go through that reservoir of food like...."

"Like they're digging for gold," Starlight suggested when she trotted up next to Sunset with Trixie right behind her. Both of them had worried looks on their faces, evident of the upward narrowed eyes. "Equestria isn't looking so good. Even Our Town is in shambles. Me and Trixie just came back from there. It's like the ponies are just sleeping in the dirt since most of the homes were metal structures holding up wood and stone."

"Well....I have some good news," Sunset whispered before she looked around. "But you can't tell anypony."

"Not a word," Starlight responded, speaking for all of them. Sunset sighed and leaned in close to them.

"Okay. Well earlier today, Celestia was having a meeting with other ponies about the shortage. Of course, there weren't a lot of options. So she decided to go with science to try and change the molecules of other things to create metal."

"That's a very, very, very long shot," Trixie commented in a whisper.

"I know, I know. Well after they dismissed them, Luna and Cadance suggested...Arcadia." They stopped and looked at her in surprise. "I know right? Celestia was extremely reluctant to even think about asking her. She was more bent on earning her trust back than anything else."

"That is so sweet," Starlight cooed. "And it was going to kill us all too. Kill in the name of love is so overrated."

"Yeah, well I told her about the possibility of Disharmony in Equestria returning among the pony tribes. Notice how all of the Pegasi are well off. Rainbow Dash for instance was walking on the ground the other day eating a stacked Daisy sandwich while the unicorn and Earth ponies were stuck with rationed apples from the Apple family. Eventually, things are going to blow up out of jealousy. So Celestia caved and decided to go ahead and ask her. But she didn't do it herself, so I did for her. I went to..." She looked around for a moment before whispering. "I requested an audience and went to Psera when Arcadia and Madun approved. And spoke with them about what was going on in Equestria. Arcadia was definitely about to scream out a flat and loud 'No', I could feel it coming. Madun I'm not so sure. Whatever goes on in Equestria is Arcadia's domain and I don't think he can say anything in it. But before she could I told her that Celestia was willing to let Equestria got to war with each other than break Arcadia's trust. So, Arcadia decided to see what she could do."

"That's a big job," Trixie commented. "She'll have to defy the law that states that Psera isn't allowed to interact with other ponies outside of its borders."

"I know," Sunset agreed. "It'll change two hundred years of history and make a big statement on Arcadia. Whether she'll be a good leader or a bad one. If they don't like it, something may happen to her."

"I don't want to know what," Starlight agreed. "Celestia is going to be kissing some hooves at the end of all of this, I can feel it."


The next day, Arcadia was scheduled to meet with a few major important congress members, as well as General Bold Shoulder about the possible attempt at assistance to Equestria's metal shortage. She was prepared for some reluctance. As well as some rebuke. She sighed after eating breakfast, thinking about positive outcomes, and the negatives. Madun was currently taking a shower, getting himself ready for the meeting as well. The media of Psera was already informed about everything that was going on and were obviously making a big deal about it. The news had spread over the nation within five minutes. This decision could mean the first attempts at a Pseratopian integration with other Pony worlds once more in Equestria. Of course there would be a 'yes' somewhere, as well as a 'no'. There was no predicting where this moment could lead. Psera works fast on applying laws to its citizens, so she wasn't really worried about the documents and more. And she could carry the giant block of metal to Equestria without breaking much of a sweat. Which in Equestria would be literally impossible. There is nopony able to do that. But she could. And has.

She took a sip of her drink while referring to her notes that were in front of her. She had the problems, solutions, and dangers written down. But now she had to think about the benefits of Equestria working with the Pserateps. Everything that Equestria has is practically old fashioned. Psera had already went through most of the things Equestria currently has. Including food and weapons. There could possibly be something, but she'd have to go and find out herself from the horse's mouth.

"What are you thinking?" She looked up at Madun walking into the kitchen with a light blue bathrobe on to make him some breakfast. Arcadia sighed in response.

"Well I know Psera will want something in return and I know that it will be a very big trade. Metal for something. But I do not know what that something could be."

"Gems." Arcadia looked at him baffled. "Psera needs gems. We use a lot of metal but we do not have much in the way of gemstones. Diamonds, rubies, Red Beryl even if we suggest it. The ponies here love jewels, but we don't have it to please them."

"Red Beryl is really expensive here," Arcadia stated matter of factly before she gave a pleased grin. "And Equestria is overloaded with it. Rarity uses it in her clothes when she can find it. How much do we need?"

"As much as they are willing to trade. Don't tell them that I gave you that idea." He walked over to the table and sat down across from her as she wrote down the recommendation. "They may think you're unoriginal."

"I could throw you down on the carpet right now, stallion," Arcadia teased with a wink of her eye. Madun cleared his throat to try and change the subject while she laughed. "Of course I want to marry you first."

"Speaking of that, the auditions are coming up. You prepared to be the judge and juror?"

Arcadia grinned and gave Madun a peck across the table, looking at him with lidded eyes. "We'll see. Let's get going. I have to bring two lands together."


When the two royals walked out of the offices of the Castle, they were immediately swarmed by the press, all trying to see the two heading to the meeting and ask questions. The Press works fast as well so it seems. The guards surrounding Arcadia and Madun calmly pushed them out of the way and led the royals towards the other side of the building, where there was a large meeting room, filled with the more important members of the Pseratopian Congress. There were a lot. They all stood up and bowed towards them as they sat in their chairs. "Rise, my fellow Pserateps," Madun instructed before they did so and got back in their seats. "Thank you for attending this meeting on such short notice. Arcadia has some very important information that will indeed change the history in Psera...as well as Equestria."

They all turned towards the lavender Alicorn-Pseratep taking a deep breath before going into her speech. "Earlier today we received an audience from an Equestrian, and my only remaining friend over in Equestria. Sunset Shimmer. A Unicorn. She informed me that Equestria is in the midst of a dangerous shortage. A metal shortage."

"Metal?" One of them asked her in confusion. "That's it?"

"Yes. Equestria runs on magic, but their everyday life is used with at least five different types of metal in it. Steel, copper, gold, silver, and metal alloys. Their chariots? Metal. Their homes? Stabilized with metal. Heating and cooking? Made possible by heating up metals. Weapons? Metal. The castle? Metal. All of Equestria has some type of metal in everything. And recently...they had to strip it all. Every home and business has had metal taken out of it, majority of chariots broken down, most tools archived for future use, and you can imagine the rest. I was also informed that when they attempt to reforge the metal it completely melts. They are suffering. But that is not the reason I am concerned.

"Sunset informed me that Celestia was not going to put us on the table because she wanted to keep my trust. And Equestria is about to go through a civil war because of it. Earth Pony versus Pegasi versus Unicorn. The tribal wars once more where ponies lost a lot of lives over who gets what. Except this time it will be even worse. Ponies will fight over food because they have no metal to cook from. No weapons to defend themselves. No warm place to sleep at night because their homes were broken down. There will be no friendship and everypony will be fighting each other. Equestria. Needs. Help. Yes, I am not fond of them. Yes, they have betrayed me in the past. Yes, I loathe Equestria. But I'd rather not see them destroy themselves while we have extremely more than enough to assist them.

"I remember when I first came to Psera. The land was destroyed, your water was dirty. Homes were destroyed the wounded were lying around with their loved ones, protecting them as best as they could. Then I arrived and gave it my all to help you. And you have honoured and allowed me to be in a serious relationship with your King and become Queen in a few months from your approval. Now Equestria is about to go through the same thing. We have the tools to help them. Let us help them."

The table was completely quiet with expressions full of shock and surprise. Even Her Majesty Molten Ice couldn't, and wouldn't do speeches like that. "You do realize," one Senator sighed. "That if we are to help them, we will be comprising and rendering void the International Isolation Stature."

"I am aware, Senator."

"What does Psera get out of this?" Another asked. "We cannot just give them our massive blocks."

"Gems!" Arcadia responded happily. "Like how Psera is extremely rich in gold Equestria is rich in gems. You could be walking down the street and see a rich depository of them randomly on the side of the road. In Equestria, because they are so common, they are not as expensive. But On Psera they hold extreme value."

The Senators all turned to each other and got into a quick discussion while Madun shared a glance with Arcadia. She returned the look quickly, giving him eyes filled with hope and determination. Madun could see that she was really worried about Equestria. He knows she doesn't like Equestria, but she is doing everything in her power to help them. That shows just how much of a good mare Twilight is. He leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek, putting a smile on her face. She returned it with a nuzzle. "I'm proud of you, Twilight," he whispered. "Everypony is."

"Thanks, Madun," she whispered back. They turned back to the table before the senators stopped talking and looked towards the royals.

"Before we make a final decision," a mare asked. "We wish to see this Equestria for ourselves and determine how bad it is. Is that at all possible?"

"I would have to get the royals of Equestria to look into security," she responded. "Of course with everything going on there, there could be ponies who are deeply irritated by this future they may have to face. So they are on edge. I will send a letter to Celestia and ask her. It is her land after all. Give me a moment." She lit her horn and teleported out of the room and back to her and Madun's to grab a letter, leaving the King with the senators.

"What do you think about this, your highness?" Bold Shoulder asked him. "Do you think it is wise to help ponies we do not even know?"

Madun sighed and stroked his mane. "To be honest, I am feeling mutual about the whole situation. Yes, I am scared to reveal ourselves to Equestria. Based off of what Arcadia told us, they are extremely irritable. Like how our people were before she arrived. Then she got rid of all the desolation and destruction, and look at us now. Better than ever. On the other hoof, sometimes things could go wrong. And ponies can change their minds. But then again...Arcadia is our most powerful asset here in Psera. If she says we should do it, I think we should. And I'm not saying that because I love her, I am not biased in this situation. But because I do not want to see another land end up like ours and we have the tools to stop it. We have four grand blocks of steel in Serl. All half as long as the Castle of the Gods in case something like what happened to us in the past happens again. That's twenty story blocks. Twenty, by twenty, by twenty. We are only giving them one block. That should sustain them enough to hold themselves together until everything is stabilized. No doubt their economy could use some rebuilding too. I really hope Arcadia is strong enough to actually heft that thing."

The group muttered agreements before a loud crack sounded off beside Madun, frightening them before Arcadia reappeared with a book floating next to her, looking sheepishly towards everyone else. "Heh, sorry. So I have spoken with Sunset Shimmer and she will speak to Celestia immediately on the situation. I am awaiting a response back soon."

"Excellent," a senator on the right responded to the news. "While we are waiting, how are you two? Are you nervous about your wedding?" Arcadia and Madun shared a look of embarrassment before Arcadia chuckled and nuzzled his cheek.

"Madun is a darling," she answered before turning back to them. "Of course I'm nervous. I cannot speak for the tough stallion though."

Madun chuckled and wrapped a wing around Arcadia while she leaned into him. "Well of course I'm nervous! I have to impress you somehow and you can do practically everything!"

"Noooo.....I can do maybe three fourths of everything," Arcadia corrected with a point of her hoof. "I'm mainly just a hard thinker mixed with an insane amount of magic. I'm the giant bag of gold that Equestria lost and wants back."

"Will you be going b—"

"No," Arcadia interrupted him. "No, Equestria lost me and they will not be getting me back. I am just helping them out. But my heart belongs to Psera." Everyone in the room applauded her happily by stomping and tapping their hooves before the book vibrating on the table caught her attention. She picked it up and flipped it open to the page. Then began reading it aloud. "'Dear Lady Arcadia. Princess Celestia has given you the okay. She says she will have a crew of guards waiting for your arrival to inspect the land. She also suspects you will be bringing your own guards. The ponies in equestria have indeed become more irritable like you predicted they would. Considering that the Pegasi are all well off while the ponies stuck on the ground are suffering. Somepony had noticed and spread that information. What day will you be arriving?' Senators? What day?"

"We've agreed as soon as possible," Bold Shoulder told her. Arcadia picked up her quill and quickly responded.

***

Sunset was currently in the Princess' castle and war room where Cadance, Luna, and Celestia were waiting for a response. Sunset was standing in the front of the table, looking at Arcadia respond. "Annnnd....she said as soon as possible!" She informed them. "They will be bringing their own guards as well to add to our own."

"Excellent!" Celestia commented with a clap of her hooves. "All we have to do is take them outside. Cadance grab Shining Armor and let them know of a group of VIPs coming to Equestria. Don't tell him who yet. Luna grab our guards and get some armor for them. Twilight is coming to Equestria for a visit. Sunset? Let Arcadia know that we will be happy to have her group come here tomorrow."

Author's Note:

Oh man! Something's good about to happen to Equestria!...Or will it? Somepony will end up a little jealous. Care to guess who?

PreviousChapters Next