• Published 10th Mar 2018
  • 9,710 Views, 526 Comments

Twilight Daylight - thedarktome



Twilight has always been the mare to go to when you have a situation. But what happened if no one looked to her for help anymore? Her sole purpose was to help ponies and give them information. That's why she loved the library. But......what now?

  • ...
34
 526
 9,710

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - Happy Hearth's Warming

The sun rose over the horizon of the mountain range overlooking the city of Cop, stirring Arcadia underneath the sheets of the bed she was currently occupying. "Looks like Celestia's up and kicking... Not to mention disturbing my sleep," she muttered, throwing the sheets over her head. She sighed in relief after feeling the coolness of the dark sheets on her fur, which rose on contact. "OOOOHHH this feels so good. But I can't stay underneath this bed, I have to prepare that present. But I don't wanna get up."

"Get up, Arcadia."

"No... Wait, what?!" She threw the covers off her head and sat straight up to see Merry smirking and staring at her by the door. She was holding a few dresses on her wings that she had clear intentions of placing somewhere else. Or on someone else.

Arcadia sighed and threw the covers back over her head. "Why do you keep randomly walking in my room, you're worse than Rainbow crashing through my window!"

"Who's a Rainbow?" She threw the dresses onto the bed softly that made Twilight groan in annoyance. Looks like she wasn't winning this one. So she sighed and slid out of bed to see what Merry had concocted this time. Ever since the talk with Molten Ice three months prior, Merry has been barging in her room at least two times a week to show her the dresses. Even after Twilight asked her to stop coming in there, she retorted with, "I'm royalty so I have the right to go in whatever room I want to go in." After that, Arcadia just shook her head and let her do it.

"What'd you make now, Merry?" She asked tiredly. She raised a hoof and rubbed the crust away from her eyes. "And happy Hearth's Warming."

"Happy Mercheeta, Arcadia. And I've made three dresses for tonight for your date with my brother." She flipped one of them to the side with her wing to spread it out and show what it looked like. Twilight widened her eyes at the design. It was better than what Rarity could create without using any gems! It was a teal dress with flowers on the hem and neckline. It had a bit of a train to it, she could tell already, as well as a red sash in the middle tied like a bow that would be on her back tied around the barrel.

Arcadia's eyes were filled with wonder and awe when she whispered, "This is... This is beautiful! How do you do it?"

Merry shrugged as if it were no big deal. "Meh. It's not my best work. You'll see that when you get married, hint hint."

Arcadia dropped the dress back down and groaned, "Ugh, you're still on that?" She always eggs her about getting married. She wasn't sure if she was ready for that step yet. Her mane falling in front of her face thought so.

"I told you I won't let it go until you do get married. You've made a friend that has so many connections that you should use! She knows how to sew and.... Sew more! She also knows a few ponies who can make the most perfect necklace ring for you when you DO get married."

"I'll make sure to appreciate it when it happens," Arcadia said blandly. "Now what's the hitch for me getting this dress? Spying on our date? Doing my hair?"

"Doing your hair."

"Fine, but after I drop off a package today. I have to go back to Equestria to give my niece her present. I have never missed out on a year and I'm not going to start now." She walked over to her dresser and grabbed the necklace Merry made that had a special gem that she herself spelled. It was supposed to keep down the feedback of her magic that would give away her position while in Equestria. "I planned this two months ago, so I have to do it. I've been watching her with a mirror spell and she's been growing up beautifully."

Merry laughed and commented, "You're Psera's best stalker, Nova."

"Oh hush." Arcadia slipped the necklace on while trying to ignore her guffawing friend. "Do you have the box?"

Merry stifled down her breathing to attempt the little control she had over her laughter. "Yeah... Phew, yeah it's by the door. You're a really funny mare, you know?"

"Whatever you say, Merry." Twilight walked to the closet and grabbed the bright blue and orange silk dress embedded with bright opal gems along the hems. They delivered that regal look she didn't really care for. But she had a feeling they would have see a lot more of her in the future. Next she grabbed her golden hoofshoes with leather padding on the inside for warmth.

"You're planning to make an entrance?" Merry asked. She walked near and looked her over. "Thought you were trying to keep yourself a secret."

"I have always given my niece a present in person," she replied. She threw a scarf around her neck. "I will not be changing."

"What if you see your family?"

"Then it'll be hi and bye to them. The guards will be around as well. Although out from view. Nothing is going to stop me from seeing my niece. No doubt everypony's in Canterlot. I'll place an invisibility spell on the guards and walk right in through the portal."

"Be careful though, okay?" Arcadia looked back before Merry pulled her into a hug. "I don't know what Psera would do without you... Queen Arcadia."

Twilight smiled before returning the gesture with a tight squeeze. "I promise to return." The two let go before Arcadia walked to the dresser and grabbed the gift. A box made of white and purple with a small weight applied. "There will be no socialization with the others. I know it's ridiculous... But I still haven't forgiven them for lying to me and making me become the laughing stock of all of Equestria."

Before Merry could reply she teleported out of the room to the magnificent lobby of the castle, where Bold Shoulder was standing with twenty other guards flanking his sides. He nodded with a smile and greeted, "Lady Arcadia. Happy Mercheeta."

"Happy Mercheeta, gentlecolts!" She responded. Then trotted over and stood in front of them. "You're providing security this morning?"

"Yes, ma'am!" One answered with a salute.

"Good. We're headed right into the lion's den, so stay on your wings, please. I'll be putting you all through an invisibility spell before we cross over so they only think it's me. Take up positions around the walls. The only ones who can see you will be your team."

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Hopefully this'll be quick," she muttered before turning around and looking at the area in front of her. She used her magic to summon a light blue circle with the portal behind it. "Let's go."


"Happy Hearth's Warming, everypony," Celestia greeted as the elements, Princess Cadance with Flurry Heart on her back, Prince Shining Armor, and Night Light with Twilight Velvet all walked into the canterlot castle dining room. They greeted the princesses before putting their presents in a pile to the side, more focused on the food that was present on the wooden, long, and ornate table.

"Thank you so much for inviting us, Princesses," Twilight Velvet greeted, giving them both a bow.

Celestia immediately raised a hoof and ordered, "No bowing, no bowing. We are technically family after all." She climbed out of her seat and made calm strides across tense floors for embrace.

"Thank you, nevertheless," Nightlight said. Then walked over and gave the two a hug. "You gave so much to our daughter. We just don't understand why she went rogue and off the grid. Nor how, for that matter."

Luna left her own throne and made soft strides over to her seat. The Element Bearers were common faces to the castle. So it was a quick hug and they were in their seats. Luna paid their chatter no mind. "It's a very powerful spell that only a handful of ponies know. Those types of ponies usually use them for evil deeds, shielding themselves off from higher authority."

"Do you think Twilight....."

Spike shook his head directly below them and denied, "I really doubt that." He was crunching on a ruby with a mouth covered in gem dust. "Twilight isn't the type of pony to just go out and turn evil."

"Yeah, she's way too smart for that," Sunset agreed. She sat down next to Rarity and placed a ceramic plate in front of her packed with food. "Me and her have traded what we knew about magic through the journal, no judgement. And she hasn't revealed any type of bad magic."

"I agree," Celestia admitted. She raised a wing and guided the parents to their seats. "We're still looking for her, we haven't given up hope on her return. In the meantime, enjoy the breakfast. We have cheesy eggs."

***

During the breakfast, everyone was talking about their year. Accomplishments, hard times, and in Rainbow Dash's case, how fast she flies now. "Rainbow, seven hundred thirty five miles an hour is great an' all," Applejack assured. She set down her cup she was drinking out of. "But you said those same numbers twenty two times now, give it a rest."

"Not until I beat the best score!" Rainbow said, boasting once more and making the timid pegasus beside her shake her head. "I mean, really! What pony could go as fast as me?"

"Me, but I'm not one to brag. It's not my nature." Everypony froze at the familiar feminine voice and all sounds dropped. Except for the fork Applejack dropped on her plate. Spike froze a ruby a few centimeters from his lips and Rarity held a cup close to her mouth. Slowly, everyone quietly turned towards the area behind Celestia's chair whom of which unfortunately couldn't see who was behind it.

The pony they were all looking for after a few months was right there. Twilight walked into view with a cool smile on her face. Her white dress with red bow and golden necklace contrasted against her fur like green to orange. Her horn protruded sharply from her head and her height was a little taller. Not to mention her wings the longest in the room.

They all stared in silence as she calmly walked towards them. Her golden hoofshoes made a daunting 'clink' sound every time they hit the floor.

"T-Twilight?" Celestia asked as she walked past her chair. "What happened to you?"

"Aunty Twilight!" Flurry Heart jumped out of her seat and ran straight into Twilight's outstretched hooves with a laughing glee.

Twilight held Flurry up and blew a raspberry into her stomach. Then kissed her lightly on her horn. "Oooohhh, Hello, Flurry! You're getting big! Happy Hearth's Warming!"

"Did you get me—"

"Yes, I did, that's the only reason I'm here." She lifted one of her large wings which expanded ten feet, before grabbing the dark orange box in her magic. She dropped it on the floor gently in front of her way more than excited niece. "Open it."

Well since she was given permission, she laughed and ripped off the bow followed shortly by the lid. Her mouth dropped open before she gasped and squealed. Her magical aura surrounded the gift and pulled out the extremely red, blue, and yellow diamond flooded necklace. It had to be twenty four karats, which made Rarity start hyperventilating and Spike to start drooling.

Rarity pointed a shaking hoof at the necklace and stammered, "H-how much did that cost?!"

Twilight ignored Rarity and addressed her niece. "This was a gift from a talented designer that I know. And it's spelled to you and only you. So if you lose it, it'll return right back automatically. Just walk a yard away from it."

"Thank you, Aunty Twilight!" Flurry said, giving Twilight a giant hug that was surprisingly giving her more magic. Equestria was giving her magic too? Or was it something else?

Shaking her head, she returned the hug, giving her the best one she could manage before pulling back. "I have to go now. A certain pony is expecting me for a little... Alone time."

"Awww, you're leaving already?"

"Sorry, Flurry. But I don't get days off. I have a nation to run after all. I promise to give you a book in the future, okay?"

"Okay! Bye, Aunt Twilight!" Twilight bent down and gave her a small kiss before turning around and walking back.

"We're leaving, gentlecolts!" She said, opening the portal.

Celestia gasped and looked around in confusion as a round of hoofsteps ran past the chairs, heading towards the portal. Once it was silent, Twilight walked forward and stopped right before crossing for the other side. Looking over her shoulder, she spoke.

"I'm still waiting.... Two words," she said coldly before stepping inside. The portal began closing, but one pony wasn't letting this happen.

"Hold on, egghead!" Rainbow shot forward and soared through the portal right before it closed. Everyone gasped, except Flurry, who was too busy putting on her necklace to notice anything.

Twilight stepped out of the other side outside the front of the Castle and let the spell close before a blue streak shot out, surprising her. Rainbow landed and slid across the concrete, stopping directly in front of the obelisk before standing up and turning around instantly.

"Alright, Twilight! You have some... Uhhh...." She gawked at the large expansive building she was in front of, trying to get an understanding of it. It. Was. Huge! "Oh....my....Equestria," she muttered.

Looking around, she saw the mountain range, Psera Skies, and the giant purple obelisk before she was grabbed by a strong force, thrown hard through the portal, back into the Canterlot dining room, and into a wall.

"Rainbow!" Fluttershy yelled. She darted out of her chair to check on her friend while the portal closed back.

"Uggghh," Rainbow groaned from the floor. She sat up and rubbed the sore spot on her head. "What hit me? Twilight? MAN, she's gotten WAAAAYYY stronger." Fluttershy helped her up while everyone else gathered around. "Before, Twilight was like a little spark, but now..... she's like the world's biggest inferno!"

"What did you see?" Applejack asked her. Rainbow Dash gasped at the memory.

"Do you have a clue for where she went?" Luna asked in worry. Rainbow looked at all their expectant faces before nodding her head slowly.

"I got....a BIG clue," she whispered while walking towards the doors with all the ponies on her tail. Soon, they walked outside the building and stopped in front of the doors.

"See all of these buildings? These skyscrapers, cloudsdale, all of it?" Celestia nodded. "Well, take all of that and give it the most fantastic boost you've ever seen. I'm talking gigantic buildings all over with glass walls and twenty Cloudsdales! They were very far away, but I could still see them, that's how big they were!"

"Are you telling me....Twilight is in some type of Superworld? A Utopia?" Luna asked. Rainbow nodded quickly.

"And that's not all." She walked out a few feet then turned around to face the castle before looking to Celestia. "I could use your magic for this one, I can't simply explain this!" Celestia walked forward and looked towards the castle. "Put up a square glamour. Just a basic one."

Celestia did as asked before Rainbow gave another order. "Make it longer on both sides. Two hoofball fields on both sides." Celestia raised an eyebrow before doing as asked. A minute later, she gave another command. "Now make the top as high as you can get it. Higher than the top point of this castle!"

Celestia did as asked before Rainbow told her to add brown bricks, glass windows and a large block at the top, as well as spires on the corners. "Okay, now everypony back up." Stepping back a few feet, they looked at the giant building in front of them. "THIS....was right behind me when I flew through that portal."

"That....that's impossible!" Applejack yelled, clearly in denial before turning to Rainbow. "Stop lyin', Rainbow!"

"I kid you not, this was what was right behind me when I turned around. There were a whole bunch of Cloudsdales, tall buildings with this thing, and in front of this was a taller crystal purple obelisk."

"A purple obelisk?" Luna asked, tilting her head.

"Yeah, it was taller than this building. I don't know how tall, I was too busy looking at that castle before I was thrown back inside the portal! It was.....it was something nopony has ever seen before." Celestia and Luna exchanged a glance before Rarity said something.

"You know.....Rainbow does sound believable. The way Twilight came in with all of that fashion had to be very expensive. Including Flurry's necklace, which had to cost at least seventy five thousand bits. I believe that if Twilight went somewhere it would be grand."

"Grand enough to have a designer make you a pearl white dress, a golden diamond covered necklace, and a regular golden necklace with your cutie mark as the pendant," Sunset agreed. "I believe that."

"Ok, so Twilight went to a world that has a giant obelisk and a massive castle," Cadance clarified. "If we search any surrounding lands, we'll have our location because you can't just miss a giant castle."

"We'll begin searching after Hearth's Warming," Celestia asked. "Immediately."


"So, how was it?" Merry asked while brushing Twilight's mane on her bed back in her room. "Did she like it?"

"She teared up a little bit," Twilight chuckled. "Thank you for it Merry." She walked over to a mirror and looked herself over.

"No problem, it's always for the little foals. You know....I wanted to have my own, but Blazing I don't think is ready."

"Why do you say that?" Twilight asked, looking her friend in the mirror.

Merry waved her hoof trying to come up with a reasonable explanation. "Well.....he doesn't.....seem to be......father material."

"You'll never know unless you ask. Besides...I've seen the way he looks at your flank." Merry blushed hard before Twilight chuckled. "You haven't noticed? Have you ever made love with him?"

"Well.....umm......"

Arcadia gasped and turned away from the mirror to shoot Merry a teasing look. "Whoa, the bold Merry Fire who walks into my room when I get out the shower is suddenly reduced to feathers when we talk about the stallions? What have you done with my best friend?"

"She's sleeping," she retorted, spraying on a chemical in Arcadia's mane. "What do I do?"

Arcadia turned around and answered, "Follow your heart, Merry. Everything else will follow. If he wants to make love, then allow him to. If you want to make love, go back to being Merry Fire and push him onto the bed. I'm sure he would like that."

"I'll think about it." She looked around, forgetting her task. "What are we preparing for again?"

"My date."

"Oh......OHHHH, right, right! Do you need a dress?! How about a crown?! Necklace?!"

"Merry, MERRY!" Arcadia yelled, pushing a hoof up to her mouth. "I don't need all that fancy jewelry, he'll love me just like this. With what I wore earlier. Besides, he has to give me that 'promotion' I just remembered him talking about a few months ago in advance that I am super excited for! I can't wait to hear what he has planned."

"Then go already! Last I remembered, he's at the northern mountain range looking over Merōl!" Arcadia gave her a quick hug before quickly bouncing out the door.

***

The skies of Psera were clear if you would excuse the inhabited Psera Skies floating around. The air was perfect, the flowers were blooming, and you could even hear the birds chirping as they landed in front of King Madun, who was gazing over the land of Merōl. He remembered when this land was nothing but broken wood, random bricks, and destruction. It was so bad. But when Twilight showed up, he knew his worries were gone. The empire that was built could continue to grow stronger.

A flapping of wings behind him made his ear twitch. He turned his head to see Arcadia landing quickly, then flapped her large wings. "I'm here! I'm here!" She yelled, walking towards him briskly. He grinned and stood up, giving her a nuzzle that she reciprocated. "I'm so sorry I couldn't have gotten here earlier! Merry was talking and doing my hair and Rainbow had gotten through the portal so I had to throw her back out, and-"

"Arcadia.... Twilight," he interrupted calmly, chuckling at her rambling. "It's okay, I don't mind. As long as you're here now." Arcadia smiled at him before giving him a soft kiss on the lips. Then took a seat with him down on the blanket he had setup.

"I see you came prepared with the blanket, jug of tea, and more," Arcadia commented, looking at the super romantic scene.

"Yes I did." He rolled over and opened the basket, pulling out the food and snacks. "I got everything you love. Including me."

"You're so full of cheese," she chuckled. Then lied down next to him. "But it does look delicious."

"Yep! Daisy sandwich, Chortle, Cheesy Pasta, Daisy soup, everything." He set up the scene, offering some food before him and his girlfriend had a conversation. "How was Equestria?"

"Well, it was great! I saw Flurry Heart again and she's growing like a little weed! I gave her a necklace your sister made, and she was so overjoyed, she gave me magic. Which confused me because I thought only Pserateps could give magic. So it must be something else. Either way, I enjoyed seeing her. How about you, sweetheart?"

"It was great, thanks for asking," he responded. He took a peaceful bite out of his sandwich. "Merry and I had a great breakfast with mom. We talked about some things, mostly involving Psera and a little bit of Merry's work. But overall, it was great."

"That's great." They continued eating their food for a few more minutes before Arcadia looked towards Merōl down below. "That is such a beautiful view."

"It's the reason I picked this place," He replied finishing up his food. They looked at the area for a few seconds before Madun lifted his right wing unnoticeably and pulled out his present. "Arcadia, I got you a present." She turned her head after he hid the box behind his back. "Turn back around and close your eyes."

"But—"

"Your king orders you."

"Doh! Fine." She groaned playfully before doing what he asked, keeping her eyes shut tight and listening to him mumble.

"Okay... Is this the right... Almost... Okay." king Madun cleared his throat and took a deep breath before he said, "Okay. Open your eyes."

Arcadia slowly opened them and gasped, putting her hooves to her moth. Madun was perfectly centered underneath the sun, in front of Merōl, and in the beautiful sea of dandelions with a box that was opened, displaying a ring. It had three diamonds on it. A wedding ring.

"Twilight....ever since you captured my eye I knew there was something special about you. You came on this island when all hope was lost and redeemed it. You came into my life and made me a better king. Made Psera a better place. Inspired me to be the king I was meant to be. You reassured me when I was down, advised my committee, and created a whole new world for me to rule over.

"But I can't rule it alone. Especially since my heart was stolen by the mare I first laid eyes on that actually said she loved me. A king needs his Queen. So....Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle....will you marry me?"

The mare in question looked at him with tears coming down her face, hooves still over her mouth. Her wings had flapped open in surprise when he presented the box, revealing her surprised state. A few seconds later, she lowered her hooves and jumped on top of him, sending him onto his back while she captured his lips in her own.

Breaking away, she replied quietly, "Yes," before embracing and burrying her head into his chest. He hugged her tight, with relief all over his orange muzzle. Never wanting to let go.

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone! This is what the dress TWilight would wear to the date would look like exactly!

So it finally happened! They were dating for nine months! Most wait a year, but this is Equestria,n sorry it's so late, almost nine PM.

Next chapter? Guess below

PreviousChapters Next