• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 279 Views, 0 Comments

Eyes - Sputniik



(An Oc backstory) After a hurricane in the villiage of Wintry Wisk Hollow, Misty, Vapor, and her infant sister Cupcake must learn to surive this disaster of a life, and Misty must hide their past from her sister's knowledge.

  • ...
 0
 279

Chapter 2

The wheels clanked against the side of a large rock, rooted into the ground. As the hours passed, and the ride grew further and further from the hollow, water reduced to meer puddles and little lakes, and a splash sounded like a young ocean, when the wheel ran over it.

Misty blinked, her head tiredly hung out of the window of the carriage. Something plopped onto her flank. She spun around, the sight of Morning Moon resting on her waist gave her little comfort. For Moon, Misty remembered. Don't be such a--

The carriage swerved a sharp right, the sogged wood scraped against a tree, snapping branches in half. Vapor jolted awake, her body tossed to the bottom on the carriage. Cupcake was awakened, her bright blue eyes blinked in fear. The ride halted.

"Eh... I, uh... sorry,"

A tan colored stallion stuttered."Y-you're gonna have to go on hoof from 'ere, kids," Morning's eyes dulled. "What? You... you can't leave us here! We're weeks away from Ponyville!" The other colt shook his head briskly.

"Facts are facts, kid. Now scram, sittin' in there won't do you no good. She's way beyond damaged," he waved a dismissive hoof, Vapor scrambled out and headed for the trail. Misty grabbed cupcake by her neck, and trotted off after her sister.

Morning glanced at her worried. "Where are we gonna stay? We can't sleep out here in the wilderness!"
Misty sighed. "No, Vapor, don't worry, we--"

"There's pony-eating monsters out there! Like..."

"Morning, it's fine, I--"

"... and manticores, and dragons, and Ursa Majors...."

"Morning, calm down--"

".... and Cockatrices, and werewolves, and vampire bats, and--"

"Morning Moon! Listen to me!" She raised her voice to an audible level. Her sibling visibly backed down. Misty looked away, shameful, and lay Cupcake on the ground by her hooves.

"I'm sorry for yelling, but we don't have time to panic!" The hybrid nodded. "Like said, we can find somepony to stay by, until we find another carriage to take us to Ponyville," Misty glanced back for approval, while her sibling looked thoughtful.

"Well... okay... but, aren't we not supposed to talk to strangers?"

Suddenly, thunder crackled in the distance, followed by a bolt of white.
The pegasus filly swore.
A soft voice echoed in her ear, yet both menacing and warning.

Water.

In an instant, she grabbed Cupcake's neck, biting down a bit too hard. She felt her teeth pierce soft skin, and the foal wailed in pain. Morning Moon stared ahead, confused at her sister. "Woah, wait!" She fluttered her wings a bit, enough to give her a boost. Eventually, she'd tailed her fleeing sibling.

"W-why.... are y-you..... running....?" She panted, her voice dry and raspy. Her eyes buldged out, the sight of blood dripping from her sister's jaws. Her eyes trained over to her bawling youngest sister, the red coated the back of her neck. Then, realization hit.

"MISTY! STOP!"

The filly refused to slow her pace. She, infact, only got faster. It was until now that the hyrbid took in her surroundings. The dark forest, she'd heard ponies murmur around the hollow all the time. Her heart was in her throat.

Up ahead, was the bone chilling sight of a cabin, deep in the forest they'd entered long ago. Moon felt tears prick the corners of her eyes. "STOP! STOP, MISTY!" Nothing. She glanced over at the lifeless pink blur that was Cupcake, in the careless hold of Misty. With horror and sadness, Vapor shrieked over the howling of wind, drizzling of rain, and her sister's cries.

"YOU'RE KILLING YOUR SISTER!"

There was painful silence.

But this time, the filly scooted to a halt, Morning making impact with her flank, tumbled back. She dropped Cupcake from her jaws, the bloodied foal's body lay weak in the wet grass. Rain trickled frim the sky, and slid down her pale face.

Misty stared back in horror, self shame. She lowered her muzzle towards her younger sister. A strand of her fur touched the foal, who flinched back in fear, and began crying again. She stood up on all fours, hurt. Her ears lowered, worried. Heartbroken.

"C-cupcake....?" She stuttered out in utter fear. She lowered her head again, but in return, the foal kicked back, in defence, Misty's muzzle, dripping with red. She didn't want to. She couldn't. But she knew it was true, facts were facts.

Cupcake feared her.

"She's... scared of me...?" Misty seemed to be in denial, backing away from the scene with uncomfort. She backed into Moon's chest. She spun around, her eyes flooded like the hollow, but this liquid was not of lifelessness and sunlight.

"She's scared of me..."

Her eyes were filled with pain.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment