• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 1,158 Views, 62 Comments

Pony POV Series Origins: MAJESTY vs TIREK! - Alex Warlorn



Majesty's story and Tirek's story has been told, now they're on a collusion course for the battle of the century!

  • ...
2
 62
 1,158

Epilogue

Applejack The Fifth of the Fifth Line

"Alright, this here is the address alright," Ah said to mahself. The day was turnin' foggy, which had made making up for chores all the more tedious, but Ah needed to make time for a round trip to Canterlot twice in two days. Canterlot's weather pegasi must have thought it would be 'charmin' or somethin'. Goldie Delicious was family, but she lived farther away and Ah was already in Canterlot, and Moon Dancer looked to be in worse trouble over this than my cousin. "Moon Dancer! Ah know yer home!"

The door creaked open, revealing a Moon Dancer with a frazzled mane. "Yes? Applejack?"

"Ah've got somethin' that Ah know ya wanna see! Something Ah know is gonna help ya tons!" Ah show'er mah precious cargo. Moon Dancer knows her books, and she can tell what Ah'm holdin'!

She pulls me inside on the spot! Then she locks the door behind us like she's worried there are ponies in back out there out to get us!

And Ah thought Twili' really loved books, Moon Dancer looked like she could open her own library! All of it organized and everythin', there was also some light and astrology gizmos Ah wouldn't know from one of Apple Bloom's science projects.

"Where did you get this?!" She pulled the book right out of mah mouth with her magic!

"Ah don't lie, so ya know what Ah'm sayin' is true! Ah told Princess Luna how ya were down in the dumps! Ah found some nasty stuff 'bout mah family Ah wasn't about tah swallow hook line and sinker, and figured from what ya said it had ta be the same boat. Yer bein' royal commissioned to publish the truth in a way the average pony can get!"

"... I've already seen the truth... and it's ugly and vile and our only legacy is one of shame." She gestured at a little table.

Ah looked at the book that got Moon Dancer's mane in a twist. Alicorns and Demons by Stan Auburn. It was full of bookmarks and dog eared pages that Moon Dancer had prob'ly marked to keep track of where it referred to her ancestor. She and Twilight had a lot more in common than Ah think either realized.

Ah was about to take a look inside when Ah noticed another book underneath it.

The Starswirl Code by Stan Auburn.

Wait... No way! This was written by that guy?!

"Moon Dancer, ya mean ta say ya were takin' a book written by this varmint seriously?" Ah couldn't' believe it. "Ah wish Ah'd known this was the same fella that wrote The Starswirl Code when ya mentioned him before. Ah'd 'a been able ta tell ya it was horseapples."

"Well, when you see it all together in the book it ends up making so much sense."

"The book is a load of hogwash! Even for fiction, it's unbelievable! Ah've heard about it, but everyone Ah've talked to says it's one of the dumbest things they've ever read. Twilight ranted for two straight days about how badly done and inaccurate the darn thing was, even for just a story! And Twilight was able to turn her brain off for Daring Do surviving a dark magic volcano eruption by hiding in a fridge."

"Well…"

"Moon Dancer," Ah sat next to her. "Ah think yer still torn up inside after what happened at the weddin'. Believe me, so am Ah. Havin' that witch in your head for days is gonna leave some marks. Then, when yer already feelin' lower than a rattlesnake's belly button, in comes some high falootin' book tellin' ya all the things yer guilt's been sayin' already. And ya feel so bad that ya're ready to believe it. And ya feel like ya deserve to be punished for it."

"...It's like Discord all over again." She sounds like she's ready ta burst into tears.

"Thing is, what Discord and Chrysalis did to ya wasn't yer fault. Ya didn't want to hurt anypony. Those snakes twisted ya up into somethin' they wanted ya ta be. They're just a couple of big bullies who want to hurt people and then laugh when they think it's their fault. And that's what happened ta our ancestors too."

Ah turned her to look at her. "What happened wasn't their fault, and it didn't make them bad ponies. And neither did what happened to us. And that's the Truth, Moon Dancer."

And Ah could tell she saw that in mah eyes, just before she hauled off and hugged me so hard my bones creaked.

"So, ya feel like spreadin' the truth around a little bit?" Ah ask when she finally lets go. "Cause Ah've got the truth right here from the horse's mouth, if you're interested in hearing it."

"Yeah… I think I will."

When she got to the part she was looking for, she hugged me tight.

"Thank you, Applejack…"

"Aww shucks, just doin' mah best tah help other ponies," Ah said.

Unlike Luna, Ah decided tah wait till she read over what she wanted to read before dropping the big bombshell.

"Moon Dancer, Ah got something else we're gonna need tah talk about….There's this queen who erased herself from history tah save everypony from losing faith, and Ah'd like to-"

Ah...there's the 'Gifted Unicorn face'. Okay then, guess trying to get a brainiac to listen to a big historical thing is easier than Ah thought.

"A queen who erased herself from history?! Holy horseshoes this is huge! This changes the entire study of ancient history! All those books needing to be revised, all the secrets of our past, all the new discoveries it could lead to! There would be YEARS worth of research, fact checking, cross referencing! CHECKLISTS! The checklists alone would take years to compile! It's a historian's dream come true!"

...Oh, sweet Celestia, what have Ah done? I can only hope she doesn't get Twilight in on this, or Equestria will get buried under an avalanche of research notes.


Boy howdy, Ah forgot how long it takes to get ta Goldie Delicious' place. Ah swear, it's a miracle the trip takes this long even without me runnin' inta some kind'a problem. And why da heck was there fog everywhere? Glad Ah was at least able to steer clear of that creepy lookin' cave.

-
Ponythulu never understood why ponies kept trying to take a shortcut through his basement. Maybe he needed to get around to patching those holes on his domain's walls. He'd tell them to politely avoid his realm, but last time he tried that he drove someone insane. And he'd have to tell Cousin Slendy to stop crashing there every other day between stalking the woods. Not that he didn't love family get togethers, but a little heads up would be appreciated instead of just showing up. Even if showing up with no explanation was Slendy's whole shtick. That and Slendy was allergic to stuffed animals that were truly loved and Ponythulhu had to put away his daughter's before a visit.
-

Finally got to Cousin Goldie's place. Ah could hear 'er cats yowlin' for the last quarter mile. Heh, at least Goldie never had a problem with mice and having that big old cat of hers scared off a lot of predators. Funny. Seems like a lifetime ago since Ah came here the first time and got this whole mess about our ancestor started.

Ah carefully stepped around the few cats that were napping by the door and gave a strong knock.

"Cousin Goldie!? It's Applejack! Ah bring good tidin's!"

Ah heard the noise of cats scatterin' as the door opened. Cousin Goldie saw mah similin' face.

"Applejack? What happened?"

"Ah found out the truth, Cousin Goldie. The full truth. And a friend of mine's helpin' me spread the word."

Ah pulled out a manuscript for the first draft of Moon Dancer's new book. The Truth of Midnight Castle. The cover sketch showed the Paradise Ponies includin' our ancestor. The 'Forgotten Queen of Ponyland' wouldn't be ready to be published fer six years Moon Dancer said, but better than never!

"Ah got a lot ta tell ya about Applejack the First, Goldie."

"Wha… I… was she…?"

"She was a hero, Goldie. She got hurt by some dumb monster like a lot of ponies have, but she was an apple to the core. And her story's got a lot more to tell than even that."

Cousin Goldie smiled as a tear ran down her wrinkly cheek.

"Also, mah friend was fixin' ta write another book all about the Apple family, goin' all the way back to Applejack the First, and she'd like you to help her write it."

"Me?!" Goldie gasped.

"Well, sure, you're the Apple Family historian. She wants your expertise and getting all the details that other folks never heard of. And lemme tell ya, the way these books are goin' there's gonna be a lotta ponies who wanna know more about our family pretty soon."

The old gal looked ready to dance, she was so happy. "Well, come in in, youngin'. Ah'll put some tea on and we'll have ourselves a chat about our family."

"Sounds like a great idea, Goldie."

Ah'll tell yah one thing: listenin' tah the story of the worst baddie in history and the one about a queen that was lost to time? It was worth it tah see the look on Goldie's face when she learned the truth about our ancestor… even if she was a silly pony.

~Fin

Author's Note:

With what she set out to learn in the first place at last, Applejack goes out to set the record straight with a friend and a member of her family.

Written By Wolfram-and-Hart
Edited By Alex Warlorn
Grammar check by Docontra
Fridge Logic hunt by Quantum-Plasma-Field


This story is a direct sequel to Majesty's saga AND Tirek's saga!
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/334725/pony-pov-series-origins-queen-majesty

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/217434/pony-pov-gaiden-history-of-tirek

Don't forget to visit the trope page!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/PonyPOVSeries




First Chapter: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com/art/Pony-POV-Series-Fluttershy-FlutterCruel-Pearls-260092460

Copyright Hasbro!



Cover by Iguanodragon. https://www.deviantart.com/iguanodragon/art/Pony-POV-Series-Rescue-at-Midnight-Castle-761397712