• Published 2nd Mar 2018
  • 20,753 Views, 2,027 Comments

Night Wing - Gravity012



A human In equestria story. Except the human isn’t a horse......he’s a bird.

  • ...
56
 2,027
 20,753

The Everfree

Third Person

The Everfree castle was quite the sight. It had huge stone walls with parapets and watchtowers. The brand new stone bricks were unmarred by vines or other such plants, and had an almost shiny quality to them. The walls surrounded a small village with a couple hundred houses. Heavy and the village he brought had picked up other settlements on the way, making for quite a sizable population.

The houses where mostly wood walled with straw roofs and poor quality glass windows. But there were some houses closer to the castle that were different. These houses were more like marble mansions. A few nobles from the old pony tribes had shown up. And of course they began sucking up to the princesses and building big mansions. These mansions were ridiculously over the top. They had white marble walls and gold plated roofs. Perfectly clear glass in the windows and marble columns around the outside. Fortunately there were only three, and they weren’t huge compared to some things on earth. They were about three times the size of the other homes though.

Then the castle itself sat in the middle of it all. Beautifully built walls and a large front gate. It had four large towers with bridges connecting them to each other. The stone brick walls were accented by the gold roofs and silver door frames. The front gate was solid oak with silver framing the outer edges. Under the silver however was a solid iron frame to stop any sieges against the castle. The windows were large and ornate with silver plated iron frames, and large balconies for every room in the towers. The floors inside the main hall were white marble with black at the edges, where the walls met the floor. There were large white stone columns with gold spiraling around them to the roof, and a raised platform upon which sat two thrones. A large gold throne with silver accents, and a large obsidian throne with the same silver accents. The Batponies had supplied the obsidian for Luna’s throne. They said that it did the night queen justice.

They weren’t very happy that Luna was ruling alongside Celestia, but they grudgingly accepted when they were told that they were sisters. They were however, very happy about Night. Which made it much easier for him to get into their cave and snuggle them endlessly. Much to their confusion.


Nightwing

Give me all the snuggles!!! I shouted in my head as I attempted to strangle a Batpony in my wings. “Please let me go...” Said Batpony asked nervously. He looked all the more adorable in his bright blue armor. “Eeee!” He let out a bat squeak as I squeezed one last time before I let go to find my next victim.

“Night! Stop torturing the poor ponies!” Shouted Swirl. He held a hoof to his face as I gave him a sad look. “Please act your age.” He stopped to think for a minute. “Or at least act mature. I’m not sure how old you are.” Fiiiine. I suppose I can hold for a little while... I stepped away from a shivering guard mare. But not before giving her a look. Ill be back for you...... She seemed to shiver even more.

“Just...follow me Night. We have spent far to much time here as it is. We need to get you acquainted with the town. Most ponies do not even know you exist, and you were not awake for the reward ceremony.” Swirl grumbled a little bit as his look soured. “Oh how I simply can not wait for the joy of introducing you to the crowds.” Ow, my feelings. Starswirl must have realized how it sounded becuase he apologized. “I am sorry Night. It is just....with the arrival of the Lunar Pegasi, ponies are already on edge. They are a completely new species, to to mention they possess slight dark magic.” Starswirl sighed. “That alone nearly brought the ponies to a riot. I had to make a public announcement that because they are creatures of darkness the dark magic will not drive them insane.” Swirl stopped to rub at his temples. “You have no idea how many questions I was asked about them sneaking into houses and drinking everypony’s blood. They do not even drink blood. They eat FRUIT!” Swirl once again sighed. “And that was the reaction to a new herbivore species. I do not want to imagine the reaction to a new carnivorous or omnivorous species. Which ever one you are.”

“Chirp!” I leaned over to comfort Swirl with a wing rub. “Puuuur!” I purred at him, trying to calm him. He just sighed again.

“Please just, don’t scare them to much.” He began to walk to the outer wall’s gate. “I know the ‘Batponies’, as you call them, love you and Luna. But normal ponies will have a much more......unwelcome reaction to you.” The gate was open at the time so we walked on through. The gate didn’t close until nightfall, and It didn’t open until sunrise.

Already we were getting looks by the ponies walking down the roads. Yes, they even had cobblestone roads. I’m amazed they got this all done in a month! Magic! Several ponies went out of there way to stay as far as possible from me. Hmmm. It appears Swirly may be right about one thing. These ponies are ready to run from me at the slightest hint of danger. Starswirl was headed for a large stage in the main square. The main square was directly in front of the main castle door, and had most of the market stalls held in it. As we made our way to the stage ponies had already began to gather. All of them looking nervously at me.

We went around to the stairs on the side and Swirl walked up onto the stage. I followed behind, or at least tried to. The steps were a bit small for me. Welp, more than one way to skin a cat I suppose. I opened my wings and flapped twice to get onto the stage top. Almost all the gathered ponies took a step back and gasped. Yes yes. I’m know I’m beautiful. No need to make a big deal about it. I laughed at my internal monologue and stood beside Swirl as he began to speak.

“Attention fellow ponies! Today is another fine day in Equestria is it not!?” Swirl shouted at the top of his lungs. He seemed to be trying to break the ice with the crowd. “Today we have a very good friend of mine and the Princesses with us! He has been incapacitated for the last month and was unable to attend the reward ceremony!” The ponies seemed less nervous and more curious now. Why was I getting a reward they seemed to be wondering. “Nevertheless! He was instrumental in bringing down the shadow beast plaguing our lands! May I introduce Nightwing! Avian of the Night! And Princess Luna’s personal guard!” Wait what? The ponies all perked up at this announcement, seeming to forget most of their nervousness. “As such I present to him a token of our thanks!” Swirl levitated up a blueish Silver breastplate that seemed made for me. “This enchanted breastplate, made of metal created from his own feathers! Crafted by our own Heavy Set! May It grant you eternal protection!” He levitated the breastplate over to me and slipped it over my chest. It seemed to lock around my neck, and gently caress my wing joints. It was made of the same material that made my wing blades, and had a small obsidian crescent moon in the center.

The ponies all cheered as me and Swirl walked away from the stage and into the castle. ‘So when did I get promoted to personal guard?’ I asked on the paper I brought with me. “Oh that was Luna’s doing. But do not worry. You will not be working alone.” Swirl opened a side door to reveal four Lunar Pegasi in the same armor I was wearing, but with silver moons instead of obsidian. And among them were Silver Wing, and the guard mare that escaped my clutches earlier. All the Batponies perked up at my entrance except those two. They knew better. They knew the carnage I was capable of committing. They shivered as I stepped into the room and locked the door. Swirl just sighed and shook his head.

Author's Note:

Surprise chapter attack!! So how was it? This was mostly just filler.