• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 7,461 Views, 111 Comments

Diplomacy - CosmicWaltz



Discord seeks citizenship in Equestria, with strange terms

  • ...
10
 111
 7,461

Chapter 3: Concession

Diplomacy
by CosmicWaltz


Chapter 3


Twilight's eyelids fluttered, her eyes spinning as the magic faded from her dizzy mind. The more she was subjected to the far-reaching teleportation Discord so easily commanded, the less disorienting it became, but she still wasn't willing to say she could ever truly adjust to it. She was, however, glad she hadn't eaten much at the restaurant before.

Her senses quickly returning, she saw that they were now far out of Canterlot, standing on the equally busy sidewalks of Manehattan. The streets were clogged with innumerable carts, each pony at their head honking small horns mounted before their teeth in frustration. Vendors peddled various goods at each curb, shouting out why their own products were better than the exact same being sold just around the corner. Even above, the skies were jammed with cart-hauling pegasi lined end-to-end in a stalemate, which seemed silly given the open nature of flight.

"You see, Twilight!" Discord attempted shouting over the noisy crowd, each resident too absorbed in their own ordeals to even notice the odd being. "You can find chaos everywhere!"

In the boisterous melee, Twilight could hardly hear her own thoughts, much less the draconequus standing beside her. "Ugh! What are we doing here?!"

With a gesture, Discord pointed to the marquee just above them. "It's the only place to find the good films!"

Twilight turned, seeing that they were standing in front of a theatre ticket booth. "Well, let's hurry up and get inside! I'm going deaf out here!"

Moving towards the booth, she saw the ticketmaster inside. She was a dully colored mare, around Twilight's age. She leaned back in her seat, eyes half-shut as she apathetically flipped through the pages of a Canterlot Living magazine. Twilight noted how she had never before realized just how few ponies actually pay attention. Of course, when a good book came her way, she was no better. More than once she had run into somepony with an exciting read before her.

Stepping off the street and into the slightly recessed walkway of the theatre, the racket of Manehattan hushed enough to hear again. "So, what are we watching?" Twilight asked. She half-expected a cartoon or something comedic. For all she knew of Discord, however, they could end up sitting in the lobby watching the popcorn bounce in the machine for the next hour and a half.

"Les Épines d'une Rose Rouge," Discord replied, the syllables rolling off his forked tongue as though they were native to him. "Une histoire classique française de romance!"

This was the second time that night that the chaotic being had shocked her by being anything but chaotic, and almost refined if the word could be applied. She decided, in lieu of asking the plethora of screaming questions that now scorched hot in her mind, to just go with it. "You owe me popcorn. Just so we're clear."

--

Twilight sat in the auditorium, her head rested on her hoof, propped on the armrest of her seat. There was barely anypony else attending this showing, and even less chose to sit anywhere near her and her immortal date. An hour had passed in the movie already, which couldn't have drawn on longer for her. The film, as Discord had described, was a classic French romance, but showed its age none too well. Black and white frames flickered by, marked by hard scratches and spotted from years of play. Twilight was having difficulty following the story, as she only had a loose grasp of the film's language. She didn't need to know what they were saying however to know just how sappy and overly emotional the film was. The overacting was as thick as Sweet Apple Acres Apple Jam on a cold day, and she had heard "Oui!" huffed out through the lead actress' wispy voice enough times that she was starting to feel the need to visit the little filly's room.

She sighed, using her magic to lift a scoop of popcorn. As she tossed the kernels into her mouth, she again thought back to when she briefly had fingers from Discord's earlier mischief, and how much more useful they would be now. At least, she thought, the immortal had kept his end of the bargain and purchased the snack for her, if not without incident. The resulting disaster in the lobby nearly got them kicked out, but she was able to convince the staff that they could easily get all of the peanut butter off of the ceiling, and that the usher looked even better than she had before with that dashing moustache. She silently decided to opt out of telling the Princess about that particular run-in with chaos.

Twilight looked over. Discord sat at her left side with a satisfied, if almost jaded look on his face. He held a large glass mug of soda upside-down in his claw, none of the fluid within spilling out. A winding, looping straw was held in his lips, connected not to the glass, but into his ear, which surprisingly still drew in the drink, each sip draining the contents from the mug in hand. Even this early in their night, Twilight had become so accustomed to chaos that she hardly even noticed this twisting of physics.

Curiosity, however, was getting the better of her. "Why did you want to see this?"

Discord's eyes never left the strobing screen. "Don't you have any respect for the classics?"

This curt response slapped her in the face. Classics were one thing, but this was affection-soaked torture. "And you do?"

Crossing his arms behind his head, and leaving his drink to float midair, Discord leaned back in his seat. "Nah. But you're supposed to watch this kind of junk on a date."

Twilight smiled. She had expected as much. "So, how long is this movie then, if neither of us are interested in it?"

"Only about two more hours."

Caught mid-bite, Twilight choked on her popcorn, hacking up small flakes of the junk food. "Two more hours?! Geez, I didn't even know they made films that long!"

"Well, it has to be long," Discord remarked. "These romantic pieces of drivel have to be long enough for colts to work up the nerve to do this." He staged a faked yawn, stretching his arms out over his neck. As this heavy suspiration ended, his arm fell, wrapping around Twilight's shoulders with nonchalant precision.

Twilight rolled her eyes, though in playful humor. "Trying to be romantic? I'm shocked."

Discord chuckled. "Romance-schmomance, I'm just trying to get at the popcorn." With a quick flip of his paw, he tossed a swindled handful of kernels over Twilight's head, each piece landing in sequence in his open mouth. "You were hogging it all."

With her magic, Twilight lifted Discord's arm off of her, placing it back on his side of the seat. "Hands off, pal. You should have gotten your own."

The immortal ran his butter-stained paw over his beard in rhythmic thought, tinting the white hairs yellow with each pass. "Good idea!" In a show of his own magic, the seat at his other side was suddenly replaced with the popcorn machine from the lobby. A distant shriek of surprise echoed down the halls behind them, no doubt coming from the concession stand.

As Discord grabbed a handful from the pilfered popper, Twilight shook her head in amusement. "You know, I don't think I'll ever understand you."

"Ah, Twilight," Discord began, taking another uncanny drink of soda. "That's the thing about chaos: just when you think you understand it, that's when you realize there was never anything to stand under in the first place! It's wonderful!"

"You know you're supposed to have given that all up, right?" the unicorn countered. "A tall order for you, it seems."

Discord scoffed, waving a paw dismissively. "A zebra can't change his spots?"

"He certainly can't stop rhyming."

Discord smirked. "Everypony likes rhymes, Twilight. Everypony but you."

"And yet," Twilight replied, "you wanted a date with me, and not, say, Pinkie Pie."

"Variety is the spice of life," the immortal answered, sticking his nose up in a snooty fashion. "So is cumin."

Twilight looked back to the screen. "Well, Croissant de Lune and Rose Rouge have stopped inhaling each other's faces in the café and have started inhaling each other's faces on the bridge now, so I guess we missed a scene." She shifted, making herself comfortable for the remainder of the film they were to suffer through. "Hope we didn't miss anything important," she sarcastically added.

"Well," Discord purred, an idea flashing with a literal lightbulb over his head. Taking notice of this anomaly, he reached up to grab the lit bulb. Unscrewing the bottom, he took a drink of the light therein, the liquid glow sloshing about as he removed the glass half-full from his lips. "We can always just skip straight to the walk."

The scholarly part of Twilight's mind acknowledged the significance of classic films such as this, and was telling her to see it through. Sure it was dismal, but it was a relic of time. The bored part of her mind however would rather throw herself into traffic than endure another second of poorly scripted romance and the kind of lip-locking that should have come with a marriage license. "Yes. Now."

The doors burst open into the theatre behind them. A moustached filly in an usher's outfit entered with two uniformed security stallions at her sides. "There's the miscreant! And our popcorn popper!"

Discord quickly took hold of Twilight's hoof. "Guess that decides it!"

A bright flash blinded what few attendants were in the dark room as the two strange patrons vanished.

--

When Twilight opened her eyes again she wasn't exactly sure what she was seeing. She found herself standing on a bridge between two halves of a large city, the placid river below reflecting the stars above. The magnitude of the location, however, was offset by how it came to her. Warm greys flickered in a dull flutter, with strange marks passing by her field of vision. She slammed her eyes shut, trying to wash away whatever strange effect the travel had had on her this time.

Two surprised gasps came at her side. "Qu'est-ce que c'est?" asked a feminine voice as smooth as silk.

Twilight recognized the voice, and immediately knew exactly where she was. She opened her eyes, turning to see Croissant de Lune and Rose Rouge, the characters from the movie she was just watching, staring back in surprise. She was no longer in Equestria; she was in the film.

For a moment, both groups were silent. Twilight didn't know how to respond. This wasn't the actors of the movie. There were no cameras focused on them or a director watching over. It was just the characters that those actors portrayed, completely oblivious to anything amiss in their world of film noise and scene changes. And from their perspective, their romantic moment was just ruined by the introduction of new players into the scene.

Twilight blushed, though it was hard to tell, her fur tinted in the same grey-tone as the world. "Uh, pardonne-nous!" Her French was rusty, but she could at least excuse herself from the awkward intrusion. It was then that she noticed she was alone, sans the immortal that had brought her to this impossible point in time. She spun, looking all around for the draconequus, only to find empty streets in either direction. "Uh, I mean, pardonne-moi, I guess..."

The two characters continued to stare, almost unsure of how to take their new guest. Twilight would have found the silence unnerving if not for the soft patter of a film reel that seemed ambient to this strange world, which put it into a new dimension of disturbing.

She slumped against the railing of the bridge, gazing listlessly into the dark waters. Where was Discord? As impressive a prank as this was, she was almost hurt to think he would leave her, well, wherever she was! Throughout their date, he had pulled many stunts at her expense, but nothing as cold as this. Being abandoned in a world that didn't even technically exist was probably at the top of the list. "That jerk."

Rose Rouge gave a low murmur of sympathy. "Aw... Cette pauvre fille..."

Twilight felt a warm smile cross her face. "Nah, it's fine. Um, je suis bien." Even from a pony that existed outside of her world, the condolences were a welcome if unnecessary sentiment.

Rose returned her own soft smile, which almost glowed in the two-toned world. Even Twilight had to acknowledge the stunning, flawless features of classic beauty that Rose radiated. It was no wonder she got the role of lead mare. "Oui? Ah, bien."

Without even a pause to punctuate the tender moment, the filly turned, again latching onto the lips of her stallion in a kiss so passionate it was near-vulgar.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Twilight called, shielding both her eyes and her blush with a hoof. "Get a room!"

"You heard the filly!" called another voice behind Twilight, this one as smooth as velcro. "Save it for the sequel!"

The unicorn turned back from the railing, again seeing the mismatched features of her escort. "Discord! You're here!" Though normally not the sight for lonely eyes, Twilight was overjoyed.

The two lovers, however, were not as ecstatic. In a unison shriek of terror, both characters hopped into the air, before dashing away with hooves never even touching the ground.

Discord gave a menacing laugh. "Haha! Still got it!" He shot a smile back to his date. "Sorry I'm late. You have no idea how hard it is to hail a cab in the city."

"What took you so long!" Twilight scolded, though a relieved hint in her voice.

"I ended up the next scene over," the immortal replied, joining the unicorn by the railing. "And trust me, wow, is this film not for kiddies!"

Twilight returned her gaze over the gentle waters. A large burn mark flashed in the top right of her vision, a jarring reminder that this was not their ordinary world. "So, we're in the movie?"

Discord gave a light chuckle. "Yep! Romantic, right?"

"Not really." She looked up to the full moon above, still emblazoned with the mare in the moon. The film was recorded before Nightmare Moon's return, so her image still marked its surface. "Did we just change the movie?"

"Nah," came the reply. "Call it a Director's Cut. No one else will even know what happened."

This was a relief to Twilight. Though she had covered for many of Discord's antics tonight, she wouldn't be able to vouch for him if the evidence of his mischief had rewritten a piece of classic film.

As she looked over the scenery, Discord was looking at her. "Like the view?"

In Twilight's eyes, the reel became off-center, catching mid-frame between two stills. She rubbed her eyes, hoping to end the strange effect. "It would be better if it looked like I was actually here."

Opening her eyes again, though, revealed just that to be the case. Color again painted the world, and the strobing effects of a reel had vanished. She now saw the light glinting in the nearby city, and the distant twinkle of space above. A soft, salt-touched wind came off of the river, flourishing her mane back. "Whoa."

"Better?" Discord asked with a smirk.

Twilight could hear the distant sounds of merriment as music rose over the housetops. "Is this place real?"

Discord shuffled his hands. "No, actually. The movie was shot in a studio, in Canterlot even. All rigged sets." He suddenly vanished from Twilight's side, his head darting out now from the small space behind her. "But that doesn't stop me," he whispered.

Twilight backed from the rails, now seeing the immortal hanging upside-down from the beams above, his head still oddly right-side-up. "Well, let's see. Your contract states you are not allowed to alter reality. But, as you've pointed out, this isn't reality. I guess we're clear." It wasn't like her to bend the rules, but when having this much fun, sometimes it was worth it.

Discord dropped down from the beams, landing in front of her. "But I'm also not to force the will of anypony, so let me ask," He held out his talon. "Want to go for a walk?"

With a smile, Twilight gave him an amused face. "Discord, you can't walk hand-in-hand with a quadruped."

"Right you are," he said, quickly lifting his talon to stroke his mane as a cover-up for the faux pas. In a flash, he shifted again into the rough shape of a stallion. Somehow, it seemed a little less unsettling to Twilight this time. "Well, how about shoulder-to-shoulder?"

Twilight marched passed him, head raised high. "Now you're just being sappy," she said with a giggle.

In a moment, Discord, once again his normal self, caught up to her, and they began their walk through a scenic land that never existed.

--

"So Starswirl's beard was fake?!" Twilight asked, aghast.

"Fake as Rarity's lashes!" Discord merrily replied. "And Celestia's mane? Not her natural color!"

Twilight lifted a hoof to catch her gasp. "Princess Celestia? No!"

The draconequus could hardly hold back his laughter as he revealed Canterlot's greatest secrets. "Oh yes! She's a natural pinkie! And she has extensions. Poor girl is so caught up in image."

Twilight slanted her eyes at him. "Now I know you're just pulling my leg."

They passed through the quiet city of the film, its sleeping residents unaware of the other-worlders in the streets below. Soft lantern light illuminated the way through the cobbled paths as they walked with no direction.

"Believe what you want," Discord said, turning his chin up. "But it's true either way. The things I could tell you about that mare could fill more than a few gossip columns."

Twilight let the thought of knowing more of the hidden life of her mentor flash through her mind for a moment. Her respect for the Princess however let the idea wane. "As your adjustment assessor, I'd advise you keep that info to yourself."

He scoffed at the unicorn. "Bah! There's no fun in secrecy."

This gave Twilight an opportunity she couldn't pass up. "Then, if you don't like keeping secrets, why did you really want this date?"

Without missing a beat, Discord answered. "A magician never reveals his tricks."

"So hypocrisy is a part of chaos too, I gather?"

"A coin with many heads, isn't it?"

"Well, what will you tell me?" Twilight asked, hoping to at least get something to feed the ravenous question that had been burning at her since the negotiations earlier.

"Hmm..." Discord thought for a moment, staring off into space. "Ah! I know! I'll tell you not to think so much!"

The unicorn sighed. "Yeah, big help there."

"It's the only help you need," Discord added. "You keep wondering why I asked you out on this date-"

"Forced me, more like it."

"- and you keep ignoring the obvious."

There was a pause, prompting Twilight to continue. "And what's obvious."

"That I'm on a date with you."

It was like bashing her head into a wall. "But why!"

"It's time for a set change," Discord answered, more to himself than her. He looked up, staring into the sky. "You know, some say I'm Luna's biggest fan."

Twilight cocked a brow. "And what does that mean?" She followed her date's gaze, again seeing the huge moon overhead. The answer came to her quickly. "Oh, of course. A 'lunatic'."

"The lunatic, thank you!"

As she looked on, she noticed that the image of Nightmare Moon was again removed from the satellite's surface. "That's odd. Wasn't the moon jus-"

"And here we are!" Discord announced, his arms opened expressively towards Twilight's library in front of them.

The unicorn came to a stop at this sight, confusion clouding her head. She spun, seeing Ponyville around her again. The antiqued roads of the fictional world were long gone. "When did we get back here?!"

"When, why, how, who, what," Discord mocked, mouthing the words with a talon that now bore an uncanny resemblance to Twilight. "It's always questions with you." He lifted his paw up, looking at a watch drawn on his wrist that hadn't been there a moment before. "And right on time too."

He held the arm up for Twilight to see. Sure enough, the drawing showed 11 on the dot, which wasn't a surprise from a drawing. A soft toll from the clock tower in town began to ring, however, confirming this.

Confusion aside, the night was finally over. Twilight walked past the immortal, headed to her front door. "Well, Discord, this has... sure been something." After the long and frankly weird day, she found herself almost prancing at the thought of putting up her tired hooves and resting with a good book. A good, sane book. Mathematic study, perhaps.

Instead, as she opened the door with a tired pulse of magic, she was met with the cluttered mess of a library just as she had left it.

Her jaw hung slack as she looked around the main room. It would take hours to sort all of the tomes lying about. "Spiiiike..." she hissed through clenched teeth. The dragon, missing from the scene, would certainly be in for it later.

Discord peeked in over her shoulder. "Oh, my. Looks more like my place." A flash of inspiration fired behind his eyes. "How about a parting gift for such a lovely evening?"

With a snap of his taloned fingers, the books lifted themselves all at once, sorting themselves out on the shelves.

Twilight felt the weight of the chore lifted from her as she watched on, before a small nagging thought dragged her back. "You are arranging them alpha-numerically by the Dewey decimal system, correct?"

Discord sighed, rolling his eyes. "Yes. And never expect this again."

As the last of the books set itself in place, Twilight turned back to the immortal. "Thanks, Discord."

"It was the least and most boring thing I could do," he said, now hovering in a relaxed pose midair. "I had fun tonight."

Twilight herself had to admit to finding the evening entertaining, if not out of her element. Still, sometimes it was fun to leave her comfort zone. She knew, though, that curiosity wouldn't let her be just yet. "I've gotta ask, Discord; why me? You could have asked for anything. You gave up so much. Just for a date? Why?"

Discord laughed, placing on a set of sunglasses from behind his back. "I'll never tell! Hahaha!"

Twilight could almost feel her brain exploding with a million unresolved questions. There had to be some motive, some ulterior incentive, and she couldn't rest until she knew. Even if it meant begging. "Ple-ee-ease!" she cried, shuffling on her hooves like an eager foal. "That isn't fair! You've been leading me on all night!"

Discord hopped down from the air, lowering himself to her level. "Just can't let it go, can you?" He removed the glasses again and stared into the unicorn's eyes. "How about this then: I'll tell you without saying a word."

This concession brought with it its own questions. "How-" She stopped herself. This was the closest she would get to hearing his reasons, so she wasn't going to press it. "Whatever. Fine. Why did you want a date with me?"

Without warning, Discord darted forward, planting a heavy, wet kiss on her lips. Twilight jumped in shock, almost breaking the tie if not for the talon she found wrapped gingerly around her neck. Discord lingered, letting the gesture truly connect with the unicorn before he pulled away, leaving the lightest strand of saliva between them to stretch and break as their lips parted.

He looked back at her with an affectionate gleam that seemed surreally natural. "Worth it."

Twilight felt her cheeks flush, a strange mix of chilling confusion and the warmest sensations of affection quickly overtaking her like a fever. Her mind raced trying to figure out the right response. "Discord..."

Before she could find a reply, her date hopped back into the air, replacing his spectacles. "See ya around, Twilight. We have got to do this again sometime!" In a final burst of light, he was gone, leaving Twilight to herself.

It took a few moments for Twilight to find her wits again. A goofy smile spread on her face. "Sure thing," she answered to nopony, yet knew that somehow Discord would hear. "But next time, I pick the movie." She turned, entering the library for a well-deserved rest.

She paused just inside the doorway. "And it may be fun to go as a draconequus, too," she off-hoofedly mentioned before closing the door.

--

Spike quietly entered the dark library just past 2. He cautiously glanced about from behind the door. "Looks like she's asleep, Peewee."

The phoenix woke from its slumber on his tiny shoulder, mustering just enough strength to fly to his perch before falling back into sleep.

"Yeah, it's past my bedtime too," Spike answered, a yawn soon following. "I'll see you in the morning little guy."

He quietly made his way to the stairs, being careful of the squeaky boards. As he climbed, he pulled at one of the ribbons Apple Bloom had tied to his tail. He had lost big on the table today, not expecting the girls to be either that good at cards, or just that lucky. He had lost his favorite scale and much of his dignity in the process. Each loss came with new and emasculating results. Apple Bloom had decorated him in stickers and ribbons, Sweetie Belle practiced her makeup on him, and Scootaloo was now using his shiniest scale as a necklace, no doubt planning to say she wrestled it from some mighty dragon in combat at school. He'd worry about finding each of the glittery stickers attached to him tomorrow, but for now, bed was calling.

At the top of the stairs however, attached to the door, was a note addressed to him. He paused, taking the time to read over the notice.

Spike,

You didn't clean up like I asked.

He gulped. "Uh oh." Having so much fun today, he had forgotten his one chore while Twilight was gone. He continued reading. In his defense, though, she hadn't exactly asked him.

I'll let it go this time. Just be sure to do as I ask next time.

-Twilight

Spike sighed in relief. "Close call."

He carefully entered the second floor study, climbing the final set of stairs to reach the bedroom. Sure enough, Twilight was wrapped cozily in her blanket, sound asleep. As he passed, he made a mental note to ask her about her date tomorrow. For now, though, he was ready to get to sleep.

That was, until he reached the small basket he called a bed, finding the small container stacked to the ceiling with books. His jaw dropped.

Another small message was attached to the side of the book tower.

Sorry for the mess. I'm sure you won't mind, NUMBER 1 ASSISTANT!

As the dragon let out a frustrated groan from across the room, a smile crept over the not-quite-asleep unicorn. "Good night, Spike," she quietly said, snuggling comfortably into her warm blanket. Perhaps the occasional mischief was okay she thought, as sleep finally took hold.

Comments ( 51 )

Complete? What madness is this?
A curse upon your open ending! This must be continued!

Loved every moment of it!
Can't wait to see what you come up with next (whether this story or other)
Frostwyrm.

That. Was. Magnificent. :twilightsmile:

You must continue this.
Or else.

:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Well I certainly enjoyed it. Is this the end or will there be more to the series?

1384636 Thanks! You know, ideas have been slow lately. :twilightoops: I really need to work on that...

1384686 Ah-ah! Not my style. :unsuresweetie: Besides, I like promoting creativity. And yet, nopony has ever bothered to try making an extended sequel to one of my works, despite me even encouraging it. Kinda makes me sad. :applecry:

1384739 As far as I have planned, this is the end of the ISotS/Diplomacy series. I may touch up on this in the future, but it's not really something to expect. :moustache:

1384885
Know that feel bro...
I'm still trying to finish a re-write of one of my stories, and in the process, have doubled the word count.

In regards to your reply to source1's comment - are you implying that you would like people to write spin-off/sequel stories to this?

Frostwyrm

1384885
Too bad. This is really good and could go on further. As for others creating sequels, most are probably intimidated.

1385109 It'd definitely be cool. Half the fun is trying to inspire. That's why a lot of my works have open endings. And yet, nothing. Hay, I don't even get artwork off of my stuff. :fluttercry:

1385130 As I said, I might try to pick up on it later, but only if an idea fits it. This is really the only time I've ever even made a sequel(-sorta thingie), and it was only because while working on the original I came up with the idea. :rainbowlaugh:

And, yeah, perhaps. I'm hoping it's the imagination part that's intimidating and not me. :applejackconfused: How weird would that be? The "bad boy" of the fanfic writers? Yep, that's totally me. Filled with such unfettered self-righteousness and vitriolic hatred of all that tries to approach me that I just now casually let two spiders that fell on my face while in bed go free outside. :rainbowlaugh: Although, on a positive, maybe I'm encouraging others not to imitate or expand my works but to create from scratch their own! Which would be awesome if somepony would then tell me about that... :pinkiesad2:

1385188
Yup. Cool is where it's at, and we're not quite there yet.
:fluttershyouch: - "I'd like to be a tree popular author with a bigger fanbase..."

We'll get there one day....

1385209 Would you believe I have over 500 watchers/fans across two sites? :pinkiegasp: I mean, yeah, some of those are likely repeats, and I'm not going to be filling seats any time soon, but that's a decent lot, right? Heck, one piece of artwork I made has – let me go check ... over 37,000 views and over 1,200 favorites. Again, not amazing, but... you'd think I'd hear something, right? :rainbowlaugh:

Haha Discord you sly dog you

1385188
Tempted to draw the kiss scene right now, bro.

complete? with a completly open ending?
mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3859-thismakesmeasadponypinkie.jpg
author, WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?

tis beutiful.........:twilightsmile:
:flutterrage:I NEED MOAR!:flutterrage:

Oh I had all but forgotten about this one, sure made me happy when I saw it updated though^^ Pity it has ended already though I suppose that's just how it goes sometimes. Anyhow great story all around, I mean who doesn't love a well written Discord?

This was fun. I would love to see more, Twilight and Discord bounce off each other so well. Plus I would love to see Celestia's reaction to finding out Twilight intends to continue dating Discord.

If you don't make more i'm breaking someones leg

NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO!!!! About my reaction after finding out this was the ending!!!! I HATE YOU!!!! I NEED MORE!!!!

the awesome story you present to us
yes, the sequel you should write :yay:

1387559
Ditto

It's just starting to get interesting, how could you do this to me us?

Aww....just 3 chapters??? :fluttercry:

There's not enough stories featuring Twilight and Discord(Not twicord alright?) .

1386945 I'm sure she will fear Twilight starts to accept chaos and sees it as a threat. THEN She will neglect her duties and gives her responsibilites as a princess to Luna. THEN she will start disguising as a normal pony to stop Twilight and Discord from dating further hoping she can save Twilight from joining the God of Disharmony against her(which is most unlikely to happen). Well that's what I think.dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/shrug_Luna_apple.png

YES more! XD i hope to have another story to this series! XD

This was great! Not only that this was a 100% worthful sequel, comparing to the awesome work of 'In Search of the Sun', but also a great pre-quel to a Discord-is-a-ponyville-citizen-universe. On the one hand I am satisfied by that, but on the other I think that someone really has to write the daily adventures of this universe down.

A great job you did there! :ajsmug:

1385706 A approve this message. :moustache:

1385188

Just for that, I am tempted to write an over-dramatic grimdark civil war sequel where Twilight joins Discord all the way on the deep end of the alignment pool. To see if I could make you regret those words. :trollestia:

Except I am not actually any kind of writer. Still, tempted.

1390143 Okay, so... I may have a kinda sorta maybe idea about another maybe fic maybe. Possibly. Maybe. ... Yeah, a bit.

Oh snap! We got our selves a sequel over here!

I'm going to favorite this anyway.

I can picture this perfectly as an episode in my head, but I can't sketch a storyboard out... Curse you, brain! :twilightangry2:

Signs of a good author, you leave us wanting more!

CDR

Sir, target aquired, and prepared to fire. Just give the word.
No need. Just hand me the activator and make sure it keeps tracking.
Right away sir.

*Steps out of his dropship*

Now, CosmicWaltz, my good sir. I have one word for you. Moar. Wouldn't want things to get messy now would we?

1401831 Bring it! I was born messy! :pinkiecrazy:

Face it. Nearly everyone who has commented says that want more. So you will give us more. OR YOU WILL SUFFER! :flutterrage:

1404096 "The Neverending Story" had a sequel, too. See how well that worked out? :twilightoops:

And with this already being a sequel, that will make the next one I make the "The Neverending Story 3" of this series. And if you've ever seen that one... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

1404096 That being said, however, I do have an idea for another in this series. XD

What a nice story. Didn't read the first one, thought.

Now that's, how you Discolight :ajsmug:

3352877 I just do what I do, because that is how I do. Thank you kindly. :moustache:

3353608 No, thank you for the ride~

I would absolutely love to read Twilight and Discord coming out to her friends.

Well you have officially turned me into a Discord/Twilight fan. And you write it so well. Can't wait to see if youll explore it again! :pinkiehappy:

I LOVED this! I'd love it even more if it was continued, though it's pretty awesome as it is. You write very intelligently and I enjoyed your style :raritywink:

That was a fun little read. And Discord does feel much more like himself when he can make random things happen all the time. I think the previous story would be improved somewhat if Discord was more of his "no sense of personal space, moving weirdly all the time". That would keep some of the chaos in his behavior, even when he is unable to use his magic.

One thing, which goes for both this and the previous story: You use the verb "humor" really weirdly. From what I understand, "to humor" means to indulge someone as in "I think your idea is stupid, but I'll humor you." You seem to use it as a complete synonym for both the verb "amuse" and the adjective "amused". I'm pretty sure that's wrong. If you're "humored" it means someone else is indulging you. I suggest having a look at the precise meaning of the word, because that is an egregious flaw whenever you use it.

Though, admittedly, it isn't a big thing, but it is a consistent flaw you seem to have, unless I happen to be wrong on that count.

Wait, this is where it ends? THIS?! :raritydespair:

Not bad, but I think these French film-characters should shout something like: "Ah! Le dieu fou!" (Ah! The Mad God!), "Ah! L'esprit de Conflits!" (Ah! The Spirit of Strife!), or "Aidez-moi! C'est Désaccord!" (Help! It's Discord!) when they flee from him.

Hahahaha, such a good ending! :heart:

"Les Épines d'une Rose Rouge," Discord replied, the syllables rolling off his forked tongue as though they were native to him. "Une histoire classique française de romance!"

I could put an overused Pulp Fiction meme here, especially since it's a story about Discord trying to gain citizenship to Equestria, but I'm not going to. Plus, being a French student, I actually understand what it means so well-played. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment