• Published 18th Jun 2018
  • 325 Views, 2 Comments

Magical Mishap - Lotus Moon



Lily found an interesting new spell...performed it...and went it wrong...

  • ...
 2
 325

Midnight Affection

My day goes by slowly, albeit at a nice pace. I sit at my desk and try thinking of new ASMR ideas for my videos. Best to stock up for when I start posting again. I spin around a bit in my rolling chair before going to lay out on my chaise by the lake. My room is normal (for me). Part of it looks normal with my desk that houses my recording equitment and a few books. I don't really have a bed...well I do, but it's a giant soft pillow that I can just melt into. But that's just one side. On the other side, there's a meadow and a lake and my relaxing chaise (where I'm currently laying). When I lay here and stare at the sparkling water, I tend to talk to myself to make ideas come a little better.

"I can't seem to come up with anything. I feel like it's right on the tip of my tongue...but it's not coming. I want to also do more when it comes to my work...but larger scale products are so complicated. Maybe I can do short things like normal...well shorter. But what can I do? I could do character improve. That could work. But who? I don't really know who my fans like. Maybe I can do the Mane 6 or even the Princesses...maybe Queen Chrysalis?"

I think for a while and consider making a checklist of things when a sudden sound breaks my concentration. It sounded like a storm mixed with a stampede. Weird combination. "Weird...where did that come from?" I leave my room and check Lotus' room first. Nothing. The sound came again. It seemed to be coming from Lily's room. I go stand in front of her room and was going to knock when...

"Midnight, what are you doing outside my room?"

I jump and look at Lily nervously. In size order, she's the tallest, with me in the middle and Lotus being this shortest. Honestly, though I'm used to living with her, Lily still makes me nervous. "Oh...L-Lily...I heard something weird in your room. I thought you might be in trouble. But you're here...so what's in there?"

"Nothing, just something I'm working on. Nothing you need to concern yourself with. Go, go, now. Don't you have a workload to do or some appointment to get to?"

"Oh, you're right! I'll be late for my train! I run across the ethereal floor and out the door, which is linked to my loft in Canterlot. I get the feeling Lily is lying about her room, but I won't press it.

I make it in time for my train to Manehattan. I have a foal sitting appointment with a couple just dying for a night out. I love watching foals. I may be nervous and shy but I'm good with children. And for 10 bits an hour, it's perfect. If things go well, then I should be home after dinner. I check my phone for the time schedule and (to my relief) the train will arrive in Manehattan with enough time for me to get to the couple’s residence. Tonight I'm foalsitting for a new pair of clients, Cherry Blossom and Velvet Night (a unicorn mare and an earth pony stallion). Their home looked like it was in chaos and their unicorn daughter, Silky Peach, was having some magic outbursts. As soon as we found where she teleported to and the couple was ready, they left for the night and I took care of little Silky. She was an angel.

Now, I bet a lot of you are wondering why I'd be foalsitting and not out on a date myself. Well, that's because my coltfriend is busy tonight. His name is Mystic Night and he's a batpony; one of Princess Luna's Royal Guards. I know, strange that shy mare like me is dating a batpony. But he's not all bad, he's a sweetheart.

Anyway, my night goes smoothly and it seemed Cherry and Velvet had a good time too on their first date out in a while. They paid me for the night and I make it back fo the final train of the night. And with nothing to do tomorrow, I think I'll get some ASMR work done.