• Published 18th Jun 2018
  • 325 Views, 2 Comments

Magical Mishap - Lotus Moon



Lily found an interesting new spell...performed it...and went it wrong...

  • ...
 2
 325

Lotus Moon

The sun is getting close to the horizon and signaling the end of the day as I make my way home.

"Finally my day is over. Now to settle down for some mild R&R."

I trot back to the quaint cottage after a long day of work. Working part-time doing commissions (posters, business cards, flyers, etc.) takes a lot out of me since most clients are demanding and insist on almost a thousand revisions. Then change their mind and say they preferred the first version better! But it does have its perks since I get to travel around a lot and get paid a good amount of bits for my work. But it was finally the weekend and time I got to relax. My cottage in Ponyville looked like it was just big enough for a bachelorette like myself to live in. But, with a little inspiration, it's like that house from Howl's Moving Castle. Normal on the outside but more than it appears to be on the inside...and it doesn't move as inside is simply an ethereal realm. I pull out my key and unlock the door, walk in and close it behind me. Inside, the wheel (or as I call it, the Cutie Wheel) just above the door changed over to my cutie mark, signifying that I came home. The other two parts of the wheel are for Lily's side (which - I think - looks like her own personal version of Tartarus) and Midnight's side (which looks like a dreamscape Princess Luna would love). And though we each have our own sides, we all meet in the middle since that's where the kitchen and dining area is.

I waste no time in grabbing a book and settling into my reading sofa and hunkering down for, what I believe to be, a few hours of light reading to unwind from a long week of work. My room was, well, a writer/otaku/fic reader's nest. A bookshelf full of fantasy, manga, adult and young adult books. My recording equipment and computer set up in a makeshift booth in the corner. A second computer and camera set up on the opposite side (for my anime channel) along with anime posters and wall scrolls decorating the walls. And finally a closet full of cosplay along with regular clothes. My phone, for what it's worth, was full of useful apps. But I mostly just used it to play Voltage romance games till the battery died (and my wallet cries because of my addiction).

I was in the middle of reading the third book in the House of Night series when...

"Lotus!!" A loud banging came to my door. That could only be one pony...Lily. And she sounded very cranky (which is normal). "Lotus Moon, get your flank out here! I know you can hear me!!! It's nearly 7 pm and it's your turn to make dinner!"

I look at the clock and groan. "Ok already. Keep your horseshoes on, Flower Flank. I'm coming now." I put my bookmark in my pause spot, closed the book, and hop off my reading sofa. "That book is too good to put down, but if I don't cook, Lily will definitely flay me alive. Looks like another all nighter~! I gotta know what happens to Zoey." I trot out of my room and head to the kitchen to make dinner.