• Published 28th Feb 2018
  • 4,925 Views, 117 Comments

A Mother's Love is Eternal - Flaming_Nova



Celestia has a secret that no pony other than her sister know's, will her hopes for the future come true of will they crumble to dust?

  • ...
4
 117
 4,925

A Mother's Love is Eternal Chapter 1 Re-edit

Author's Note:

hey ther guy's thanks for reading my second FimFiction on this website it really means alot to me i hope you enjoy reading it us much as I did when writing it, if you have any idea's for what could happen next or just want to tell something leave me a message in the comment section bellow. now let's get on with the story.

Of all the great architectural marvels that dotted the landscape, few compared to the beauty of the cliff-hanging palace of Canterlot. Princess Celestia, ages ago, asked her royal architects to construct it as a sign to the subjects of her eternal watch over pony kind. But it was also in remembrance of the sister the Sun Goddess had to banish to the moon for millennia. But with that time long since passed, the burden of her actions still waged heavily on the Sun Goddess’s mind. That was until the events of the 1000th summer sun celebration in which Twilight her friends had managed to free Luna from her eternal nightmare.

Throughout the many beautiful chambers of Canterlot Castle, one of the most beautiful was the private study of Princess Celestia. A collection of books lined the shelves of her study. There were whole bookcases devoted to literature covered in a foreign script, as well as holy texts. Scientific and Arcane studies covered another, along with local novels and poetry. It was an extensive compilation, but not overbearing, at least for a princess with all the time in the world to pour over them.

In the room which was designed for peace and tranquility, Princess Celestia was jarred from the photo album she currently held in her golden aura as someone burst into the room. As Princess Celestia turned to see who had dared disturb her relaxation time she was relieved to see it was none other than her younger sister, Princess Luna.

“Oh, Lulu, thank Faust it was only you, you startled me,” Celestia stated with relief radiating in her voice.

“Sorry to disturb you, dear sister, but there is a matter of the utmost importance that we must discuss with thou.”

“Dialect Luna,” Celestia playfully teased her sister, which only returned by a groan from the younger alicorn.

“Tia now is not the time for your games, you know as well as I what I have come to speak to you about,” Luna said with tension etched on her face.

Celestia turned her head back towards the album, which she still grasped in her golden aura. She then set the album gently down onto the desk next to her. After setting it down, she stared intently at the open page of the album, it had been damaged from years use and tears. Even after all these years, Celestia could still remember what had once been written beneath the picture. "My baby girls, may my love be your guiding light when everything else seems dark."

“I know Lulu but what if when I tell them the truth they never forgive me, I don’t know if I would be able to bear it,” Celestia said while trying to hold back some of her tears, but it was too late as a single tear ran its way down her cheek.

“Oh, sister I know it is going to be hard, but you must remember who it is we’re talking about here.” Luna reminded her sister in a calming and somewhat motherly tone that would give Celestia herself a run for her bits.

With the same breathing exercises Cadence had shown Twilight, Celestia had managed to win back some semblance of her former composure. “I know Lulu, you are absolutely right this is something must do. But just to be safe would you…”

Celestia couldn’t finish her sentence as she was immediately scooped up into a loving embrace by her younger sister. “Dear sister, thou should already know we wouldn’t let thou face this problem alone.”

“Oh Luna, you're falling into the old equestrian dialect again. You don’t want our subjects to think you've become crazy mare now do you?”

Celestia had finished she was greeted by a swift bop on the back of her head by Luna’s right foreleg. “Tia, I will say this once more stop correcting me it’s infuriating.” Luna puffed out her chest in utter annoyance which managed to get a rise out of the sun princess.

“Alright then, I will ask them to meet us here tomorrow at the castle, and then we'll tell them the truth. How does that sound to you Luna?” Celestia questioned her sister with a knowing look on her muzzle.

“Yes, that should work perfectly sister. But we will need to postpone the day court if we are to both be in attendance don’t you think Celestia?” Luna replied with a hint of her inner prankster showing through.

“Alright then, why don’t you inform my attendant Silver Feather about the change in the schedule, she is currently in the Castle archives,” Celestia informed her sister with a sinister gleam in her eye.

With all said and done Luna was about to make her way to the door but was then stopped as she heard her Celestia say.

“Oh Luna, just a head’s up nut Silver Feather can be even more of a stickler for schedules than Twilight.” Celestia teased her sister try to hold a fit of giggles behind her hoof.

This new information had caused Luna to stop dead in her tracks and wince as she had been witnessing to the terror known as Twilight Sparkle Queen of checklists & schedules. Luna turned to face her sister who was known laughing like a hyena.

“Tia, are we sure you are not secretly the Queen of Tartars,” Luna said with utter annoyance radiating from her like Celestia's sun.

"I love you too Luna, but yes I’m quite sure that is not the case," Celestia responded to her sister’s obvious attempt at sarcasm.

"Very well, sister then, for now, I will bid you awed," Luna said as she was trying to keep herself from face hoofing.

"Alright Luna then I shall see you tomorrow, but please do try to get a decent night sleep as I don't want the first thing our guests to see when they arrive to be the Queen of bed head." Celestia teased her younger sister, who’s only responded with a glare that could pierce through a solid diamond.

Without another word spoken Luna made her way out of the study and to the inevitable scolding, she was sure to receive from Silver Feather, Once her sister had left the room Celestia turned back to face her desk. It was then She grabbed a vat of ink, a quill and a piece of parchment with her magic. She then started on the letter that she hoped she would never have to write.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Dear Twilight,

My sister and I are in urgent need to speak with you and Rainbow Dash, But it is imperative that none of your friends find out about this matter outside of Rainbow Dash, When you have finished with this letter please show it to Rainbow Dash. I'll be awaiting your arrival in Canterlot Castle.

Sincerely Yours Princess Celestia
........................................................................................................................................................................

With the letter finally finished, Celestia rolled it up in her magic and with a flash of green fire, she sent the smoke on its way to the belly of Spike the Dragon. As she returned to the album, which still lay open on the desk she could only hope that Luna was right. But Celestia couldn't help but feel a sense of unease at what the results of tomorrow's inevitable discussion might have in store for her.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The End of Chapter 1