• Published 19th Jun 2018
  • 436 Views, 4 Comments

Escaping East St. Louis - StormLuna



It is just another day in America's most dangerous city and Marcus is doing his best to simply survive. On a day that he thought might be his last, events unfolded that caused him to be transported to a strage place he had never seen before.

  • ...
17
 4
 436

First Contact in Equestria

A couple hours had passed and Marcus was finally coming to. He looked around and nothing looked familiar. He groaned, "Ugh, where am I?"

He tried to stand up but no sooner than he had got up, he found himself right back down on the ground. He could not figure out why he could not stand up but very soon he discovered the shock of his life. He looked down at where he thought his hands were but they were not there, he suddenly had hooves. He looked down in shock and asked, "Hooves? How in the world could I have hooves?"

He turned around and looked towards his backside and saw the same thing. He gasped, "What in the world has happened? It looks like I've turned into a horse!"

He realized that whatever was going on, that he would have to stand on all fours. Once he got up and looked into the mirror he had emerged from, he would be even more surprised when he took a look at himself. Not only was he gray with large brown eyes but he had a horn coming out of his forehead. He gasped, "What the hell, I've suddenly become a gray unicorn?"

As soon as he said this, he heard voices coming. He heard a female voice and what sounded like a juvenile male voice. His very first reaction was that it was the police so he tried to hide by the backside of the bed but fell in the process. When the door opened, a lavender Alicorn shrieked when she saw a gray unicorn in her bedroom.

He looked up and saw a look of disapproval coming from the pony that had discovered him, "Who are you and what are you doing in my bedroom?"

Marcus had already seen more crazy things in the past few minutes than he had in his whole life but this was beyond crazy to him, a talking unicorn with wings. He was speechless when the winged unicorn continued to glare at him and asked, "Well, who are you?"

He could tell that the pony meant business so he replied, "My name is Marcus Jackson and I came through that mirror."

Twilight took a look at the mirror and noticed that it was indeed open. One part of her was wanting to shove him back through but another part of her was telling her to let him stay and get answers from him. She allowed him to stand up and then he saw something even more odd than Twilight, a small dragon. He pointed his hoof at Spike and asked, "Is that a dragon?"

Before Twilight could say anything Spike replied, "Yeah, my name is Spike!"

Spike found something laying on the floor, something that he had never seen before. He picked it up, pointed it towards Marcus, he screamed, "Don't shoot, please don't shoot!"

Twilight levitated it out of Spike's hands and began to analyze it and asked, "So Marcus, what is this thing and what do you use this thing for?"

Marcus replied, "It is a gun and you use it to shoot people and kill them if they're trying to kill you."

The very moment Twilight heard the term people she couldn't help but laugh, "You're kidding me, right? Everypony knows that humans aren't real! Everypony knows they are just inventions of comic books!"

Marcus gasped, "But they are real! I was one on the other side of that mirror!"

Twilight replied, "You know, I have a very hard time believing that." She headed towards the mirror and continued, "I'm going through that thing to see for myself."

Before Marcus could warn her about what was on the other side, she went through and would be shocked by what she found. On the other side, it was fairly dark in the closet so she was just barely able to see anything. She looked down and gasped, "What are these things?"

Almost immediately, bullets began flying through the closet door, causing Twilight to go rushing right back through the mirror. She had seen what humans in comic books before and realized that the pony in her room was indeed telling the truth. When she returned she was in a state of shock. She gasped, "Marcus, while I was on the other side, things came flying through a door and one nearly hit me! What are those things?"

Marcus replied, "Well they are bullets, they are what come out of a gun."

Twilight pointed it towards the wall and fired it until she exhausted the ammunition. She took a look at her wall and saw how the bullets had chipped away part of her wall. She commented, "Well I'm glad none of those projectiles hit me, they could have killed me!"

Marcus replied, "Yes they could have."

Twilight headed to the mirror and deactivated it as she realized that something weird had happened and that it would be best if it was not open given what is on the other side. Twilight began to exit her bedroom and said, "Follow me, I want to know more about you, about that place you came from and why you came here."

Marcus figured that it would be best to follow the winged unicorn and tell her about his past but given that she was wanting information from him. Despite her seeming like somepony that was in charge, he decided that he was going to ask her some questions of his own.