• Published 20th Jun 2018
  • 959 Views, 19 Comments

Harmony's Parallel - Xutiepops



The flipside of Equestria where it strives off of evil, disharmony, cruelty, and selflishness. They intend to take the Harmonized Equestria as their own.

  • ...
2
 19
 959

Step One in a Multi-Step Plan: Setting the Stage

The Hollow Shades were a lot bigger than any of them imagined. Of course, none of them were used to walking on the ground for so long. All were used to an easier life. Rarity, surprisingly, lasted the longest of all of them.

"C'mon!" She shouted at Rainbow Dash. "You run heists and... whatever you do!" She spat at the mare. Rainbow rolled her eyes, rolling on her back to lay next to Applejack, who was just as worn out as her if not more.

"Oh stop complaining!" Fluttershy hissed at her. "We're tired. We've been walking for miles with nothing but egghead's magic light. Our bodies have been through a lot of stress through this whole ordeal. Let. Us. Rest."

Rarity snorted and turned away with a high head. "When did you get so defensive, Mrs. I hate everything?" She narrowed her eyes at the rude mare.

"I take care of animals for a living," Fluttershy deadpanned. "If we don't rest now, we'll drop from exhaustion at the edge of Canterlot and get caught." Rarity huffed, ignoring her and her logic.

Twilight stood up from laying next to a sleeping Pinkamena, "I'm sorry, Rarity. But she's right. We're still ponies, even Spike is tired." She pointed Rarity's attention to the sleeping dragon who had originally ignored her spiel. Rarity smiled at how adorable he was when he was asleep.

She rolled her eyes and nodded. "I suppose so." She sat near Spike, being in arm's length from him. She was intent on staying awake, but her plans were ignored once Spike grabbed her and hugged her like a pillow. She smiled widely and snuggled into the surprisingly warm scales on him.

Fluttershy snorted. "You'd expect her to be the first to drop," she deadpanned.

"I know!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, only to get shoved onto her stomach by Applejack. She smiled at the mare. She turned her attention back to the conversation her, Twilight, and Fluttershy were apparently in. "I can't believe she nagged us like that."

"I doubt she's asleep," Twilight stepped in. Rainbow and Fluttershy quickly dismissed her comment as nothing but nonsense.

Rainbow, of course, gave her defense. "So? Why should we care?"

"It could hurt her feelings." Twilight defended her. She looked at Fluttershy, "She's still a pony."

"An annoying one!" Rainbow growled, getting shoved by Applejack again. She rolled her eyes, "You'd expect farmer here to stay up the longest."

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, but didn't speak as to why she wouldn't. She didn't make it obvious when she disagreed, but made it obvious to somepony paying attention.

She looked over at Pinkamena with a smirk. Her eyes looked up at Twilight. "So, we see you have a little pet." Her smirk was, of course, rude and made it obvious what she wanted. And in the situation, she wanted Twilight to defend the little filly.

Twilight ignored her and looked down at Pinkamena. She seemed comfortable, despite the hard ground she was laying on, using her hooves as pillows. Her colors were so dull, Twilight could imagine them lighting up. The bright smile on her face was almost there next to sparkling blue eyes. Her laugh would be a melody to happiness, her presence would be a remedy to frowns.

She'd be like a clown... except not, Twilight thought with a slight smile. She looked back to see Rainbow and Fluttershy both laying on the ground, attempting to sleep. Twilight sighed and laid down next to Pinkamena, expecting some sleep as well, but it wouldn't come.

Her mind kept analyzing the situation and the plan. She was really in a different world, a different Equestria. She always knew of the place, but she never thought she'd see it in person. And... definently not in the circumstance she was in.

She knew so much of Equestrian history. The windigos, the Everfree, the night Nightmare Moon was trapped inside the moon, the legend of the Shadow Pony, and the advancement of the rulers. She only knew very little of Harmony-Equestrian history.

She supposed it was... similar. The windigos were a very likely place in this history, saying as friendship rained over the world. But she couldn't make many assumptions about the Everfree. And if the place held harmony, Nightmare Moon probably never happened.

She looked back at the Hollow Shades, she also assumed they were still stuck in limbo. She looked down at her hooves. If Discord was fighting for good, then he might be a leader, but she assumed Chrysalis wasn't, as Daybreaker said she wasn't an immediate threat.

Her eyes flashed as she remembered the wings against her back and the crown on her head. A sudden realization hit her as she frantically look around, trying and hoping the make sense of it.

She jumped up and ran over to a patch of sand, surprisingly away from everypony. She started carving how she finished the spell, replaying her memories. B-but I stole the spell... would the Daybreaker here hand it over to this Twilight? She questioned.

If so, that'd mean there were three princesses who'd fight, assuming they followed the rule of an alicorn a princess. So, that's Nightma-... Luna and ... Celestia? She ignored her unease at the unfamiliarity of the use of Daybreakers old name. Discord... and all of us... including a alicorn... She finished her thoughts in a wind of panic.

Her mind ran with 'how to do this?'s and 'how to do that?'s. She looked over each of her new colleagues, trying to analyze their skills, as she did, she wrote them down.

Applejack was close to useless, but Twilight assumed the mare could come in use for a troubled and/or worried town. Rainbow Dash, herself, and Spike were most certainly going to have to be offensive, being the main use of attack. Pinkamena could be our stealth if need be for learning about our counters, Rarity could always assist her, Twilight thought over.

She didn't have any conclusions for Fluttershy, but the mare seemed to incorporative to depend on. She started thinking over some back up plans if the princesses powers were too strong. Rainbow could teach Pinkamena combat while she could teach Rarity some magic. Once everything was done, she scribbled it out with her hoof, her worry still overriding her system.

Just the thought of three princesses, a draconequus, and six other threats made it seemingly impossible. That was just the first defense, of course. They still had to deal with the cities after that, dealing with making sure they would corporate and didn't rebel. And that was after dealing with guards!

She sighed, trying to let the fear and worry go out of her system that way. It didn't work. She collapsed to the ground with a groan of annoyance.


Daybreaker chuckled at the sight, confusing her colleagues. "They haven't even started and she's a wreck!" Daybreaker exclaimed before breaking into a set of laughter.

Nightmare Moon felt so much sympathy for Twilight, her heart broke at the sight of the mare crying out of frustration and worry. "They'll never be able to take on all of them, Tia." Nightmare Moon said, bringing Daybreaker out of her laugh. "She's worrying over this. There's so much they have to face, they can't do it. Not without out intervention."

Daybreaker rolled her eyes. "She's not an idiot, she'll handle it with the right... plan." She stared back at the image, noting she'd have to message the poor girl sooner or later. "Besides, of course we'll intervene."

"How do you suppose she gets this right 'plan'?" Chrysalis asked, hanging out of her throne. She zapped Discords hand as he tried to grab her webby mane and pull her out. He zapped her right back.

Daybreaker smirked at her. "Easy, all she needs to do is remember the development of us."

Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis both held a look of confusion as they stared at her. She rolled her eyes. "If she remembers Cadenza, she'll put a barrier around immediate Equestria and block out any interference from the Crystal Empire, one Princess postponed."

Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis shared a stare of understanding with one another. That understanding soon faltered, "But won't the tree of harmony keep the evil out of Equestria?"

Daybreaker sat in thought. Both could tell it was out of trying to word it, not the sequencing. "Here, the Tree of Harmony was a sort of... last resort. I suppose it is the same there. And with no harmony left, what does it have to strive on?

"No matter, having a Tree of Harmony is better than the Elements," Daybreaker explained. The three were surprised her condescending tone wasn't evident, as if she understood why they didn't understand.

She looked back to the screen, Twilight still crying. "They'll do it. I know they will. Friendship can't save everything."

"Friendship can obviously save the world from Chaos," Discord stated. His tone turned to serious. "You really think they can do it?"

Daybreaker didn't respond. She simply shot a magic beam at the screen, the sound of Twilight crying much more audible. "Twilight," Daybreaker stated, her voice was surprisingly comforting.

Twilight looked up, confusion etched into her face as she looked around for the source of the noise. "D-Daybreaker?" Twilight asked, her voice cracking from stress.

"Plans are the best when they're spontaneous. When does an evil plan succeed when it is fully thought through?" Daybreak asked with a small smile. "We'll assist you when the time comes, so relax."

Twilight nodded, assuming the noise was magic. She wiped her face on her hooves, stood up, and took a deep breath. Her fear and anxieties going with it. She attempted to relax, and it helped. She smiled slightly at the all-seeing eye watching over her. "Thank you," she said quietly and trotted over to lay next to Pinkamena.

She didn't hear Daybreaker's voice the rest of the night, the sleep more comforting than she'd imagine. When she woke, the rest were still asleep. She stood up, shaking Pinkamenas hoof off of her. She looked over each of them and the closeness they built in such small time.

Rarity and Spike clearly were going to defend the other, as they seemingly liked the other. Her eyes landed on Applejack and Rainbow Dash, the mutual bond of façades between the two surprisingly let them get along, despite Applejack's childish fears.

Then she looked down at Pinkamena. The mare seemed so... alone. Instead of the happiness she'd imagine her bringing, all the girl brought was pity and sorrow. But she was smarter than she looked, which made Twilight smile for her.

Rarity woke up soon enough, teleporting herself out of Spike's grip and stretching. A smile on her face as she seemed content with her sleep. Twilight stared, jealous her mane stood intact, and surprised the mare woke so early.

She looked at everyone else and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "They should be awake by now and we should get going!"

Twilight nodded. "Well, Spike's a dragon, he'll sleep for a while, and I'd rather them all wake up when they want too, it's better for their energy." Rarity rolled her eyes and walked over to Twilight, annoyance and pride filling her stance.

"Fine," Rarity huffed in annoyance. A ticked-off expression covered her face as they waited. The silence became overwhelming for Rarity, but every time she looked to start conversation, Twilight seemed too intent on thinking to have conversation.

Everyone except Pinkamena woke up with back pains and groans as they attempted to roll into a new position. The second Rarity saw eyes open, she raced over to make sure they woke up. She was lenient with Spike, saying he needed it more, taking Twilights logic.

Pinkamena was the last to wake, bouncing to life with a stretch and a smile of comfort. The rest stared at her with envy and hate for her easy sleep.

They were back to walking in a few minutes. Most of them recognized they'd get there later in the day, but still early enough to put the simple plan to action. As the tough sand left their hooves, they stepped onto a plush grass, smiles filling their faces.

Once they saw the greenest grass they'd ever seen, Rainbow and Applejack raced each other two it and jumped on it, ignoring the pain of impact. Pinkamena and Fluttershy shared smiles of happiness with the soft grass and the cheerier environment. Rarity tiptoed, afraid to get her hooves dirty. Once Spike noticed, he smiled and picked her up, offering to carry her. She smiled widely back.

Twilight looked up at the trees around them. She flew up and was stunned, the world was just... beautiful. The skies were the brightest blue she'd ever seen. The sun shone bright as she could see the glistening of Canterlot in the distance. She looked down and noticed Pinkamena trying to peek through trees.

Twilight smiled and flew down to pick up Pinkamena. Once at the tree tops, she sat the mare down and watched as awe and bliss filled the mares face. Rainbow followed suit and flew Applejack up there.

Fluttershy flew alone, following Spike as Rarity nagged him to let her see. But both were surprisingly amazed at the sight.

"Well darn," Applejack said bluntly. "This is just a beaut, ain't it y'all?" She smiled at the sight. The birds flying over the sparkling city. "I ain't never seen the sun so bright."

"Neither have I," Rarity said in awe as she looked around. The warm colors of the city contrasted the sky beautifully. She couldn't help but adore it.

Fluttershy's eyes followed the birds that flew overhead, one landing on her hoof. She smiled at it. "Well aren't you just adorable," she gushed and spoke like a child to the bird, nuzzling it after she spoke.

Even Spike and Rainbow seemed surprised by how bright everything was. "The suns never done this before," Rainbow spoke, trying to figure out why.

Rarity sneered, "Oh right." She growled and looked away with annoyance, "I forgot you pegasi had the sun."

Rainbow shook her head. "Still, it's never done this! I bet the cloud cities here look like Heaven!" She smiled at the calmness of it all, staring at the clouds, wondering if there was a city up there.

Rarity noticed Spike's blissful confusion at it all. "Is the sun not all that present in the dragon lands?" She asked, bringing him out of his trance.

"What? Oh, uh... not really. It's usually cloudy from all the smoke, and even with the sun, it's not that pretty," he said, getting lost in the view again.

Pinkamena smiled and spoke quietly, though everyone could hear in the blissful scene. "It's so... happy."

Applejack smiled at her, noticing she wasn't scared. "It is, ain't it partner?" Applejack threw her hoof around Pinkamena with a smile. Though the mare tensed, she seemed less terrified and worried.

Twilight smirked and had a condescending look in her eyes. "It'll be lovely to take as ours," she looked at each of them, letting them see how she saw it. She wasn't stuck in bliss like them. "And we will, without a doubt!" A huge smile covered her face, though maniacal, it was still a smile.

She could feel all of them notice she was their leader. They put her in power of the group, and they were right to do so. They all seemed to have hearts, even with their own barriers, they still shined and existed. Twilight didn't seem phased by the sight, lost in the happiness of it. She wanted it. The menacing look in her eyes showed that.

Her look softened as she looked at Pinkamena. "I can fly you around if you want."

Pinkamena shook her head. "I can bounce from treetops." Twilight nodded, following her as she bounced, just in case the mare fell.

"Freaky," the rest said once Twilight was out of sight. They decided to stay under the sun, the sight still captivating to each of them.

Rainbow flew Applejack around for a bit, until she tried to do the same as Pinkamena. As Rainbow acted as a guardian angel, she jumped around, pride and accomplishment filling her. Fluttershy caught her as she slipped.

"Uh, you probably need some help, you don't mind, do you?" Fluttershy asked surprisingly sweetly. Once she rebalanced Applejack, she waited for a response.

Applejack tipped her head, "Thanks partner." A wide smile on her face mirrored the small one Fluttershy had.

Spike flew past them with Rarity on his back, screaming in excitement.

"Still hate her," the three said in unison before they continued.

As they got closer to the city, they ducked under the trees for a little rest. Fluttershy fell asleep for a nap, Pinkamena joining her. Rarity dozed off against a tree.

Twilight took an apple from the trees they were under and turned it into a hourglass, sand starting to fall from the top. "It'll give us an hour, don't worry. I'll stay awake," she told the three.

Applejack eventually dozed off, leaving the three awake.

Rainbow looked over Applejack and Rarity. "It seems we have our weaknesses," she looked up at Twilight. "You sure we can do this?"

Twilight nodded, deciding to keep Daybreaker's promise a secret. "Applejack and Rarity still have their perks. Applejack seems like a fast learner, if we're desperate, you can teach her some of your combat skills." Rainbow nodded along.

She glanced over at Rarity. "And about Princess?"

"Yeah," Spike agreed. "She's useless."

"Surprised you agree."

"I might like her, but that doesn't mean she's great at everything."

Twilight shrugged, "I don't know the use of teaching her magic. But I think the three of us are strong enough."

"Even with all we're against?" Rainbow Dash asked, her tone taking a turn for serious as Applejack stirred next to her. She glanced down at the mare noticing the nightmare she was experiencing. She wanted to wake her, but decided to do that after the conversation at hand.

"What is it?" Spike asked. He pointed to his claws as he counted them off. "Two princesses, a draconequus, and seven of us?" He glanced up at Twilight for confirmation. "Sure seems like a lot for three."

"Well, one of the seven is a baby dragon, he's useless to them," she stated, lessening the numbers. She decided to keep the identity of herself in this world a secret, she could reveal it when they weren't worrying. "And the draconequus is an easy fix," she said, glancing at Fluttershy as birds pecked her pink hair.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "A little mare isn't going to make him stop attacking us, especially when he figures it out. And who says they like each other hear?"

Twilight nodded. "True, but at least when can keep him busy and deal with the others." She stated, noticing the attentiveness of the two. "And she's kindness here. She'd accept him while the others wouldn't."

Rainbow shook her head, trying to make sense of it. "That's still five mares and two princesses immediately." She looked at Twilight, worry etched in her expression.

Twilight smirked. "A mafia leader being scared?" Twilight voice turned dark and gave the two shivers up their spines. She chuckled, "We got this, alright?"

Rainbow swallowed and nodded. "Alright, egghead." Twilight smirked again.

Twilight glanced at the hourglass, seeing it almost up. It vanished, teleported somewhere inside a tree. She stood up and stretched, collecting Pinkamena in her magic. "Wake the others up," her commanding voice ordered. She started off, holding Pinkamena in her magic to let the mare sleep.

Rainbow waited until she left. "Should we be worried?" She asked Spike with genuine fear. He shrugged. The two woke the rest up and they all started to follow in the general direction Twilight went in.

They soon caught up to Twilight, finding the two played through a few games of tic-tac-toe. Twilight smiled as her and Pinkamena stepped back. A magenta aura covered the bushes in front of them, the magic moved them aside the view the edge of Canterlot only a few hoof steps away.

The sparkling city was even warmer in the soft setting sun. The orange skies blending in as they saw the dark shadows cover the sides of buildings. Rarity smiled and raced to the edge, setting her hoof down and shivering with excitement. "It almost feels like I'm made of crystals!" She gushed to herself. Spike smiled and flew next to her, admiring her.

Fluttershy smiled herself, noticing all the flowers planted next to the edge. "How lovely," she smiled. She still gave everyone a cold shoulder, but she still had her appeal for the flora and fauna.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash raced next to Rarity and Spike, admiring the tall buildings and the cleanliness of everything. Pinkamena and Twilight soon followed, taking in a second look at it.

Twilight smiled once again. "Everyone remember the plan?" She asked, everyone nodded at the question. She smirked and looked up at the city. Her eyes messed with the colors, the walls turning purple, flags of magenta and navy blue covered the walls. The sky was dark with bright magenta clouds full of magic. She smirked in desire at it. She'd never wanted something so badly, but now she did. And she was determined to have it.