• Published 26th Feb 2018
  • 2,620 Views, 126 Comments

Blazing a Trail to the Past. - Daylight_Dreamer



After a freak accident, I wound up in equestria with a Jeep. Offroading where nobodys driven before. Or am I?

  • ...
6
 126
 2,620

PreviousChapters Next
5- Let me get this straight.

"So let me get this straight," Twilight had been questioning me for some time, "You were pulled out of your world, this Earth place, presumably through a portal of some kind, and this 'half a truck' was pulled with you. And when you looked around, all you found was Apple Bloom. Who was nothing but a twisted mess that could be contagious for all you knew, but she said she needed help? So you just grabbed her and sped here as fast as you could?"

"That pretty much sums it up," I replied.

"I wouldn't have blamed you for just leaving her there, I'm sure you were scared," Twilight sounded like she wasn't sure how to place her words, "Some may even call you foolish, but you did it anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad you did, but still, I have to ask. Why?"

I pondered that a moment. Fortunately, my buzz had subsided to a nice calm. Just enough to help think.

Why did I just grab her and go? I couldn't have been that suckered in by a sweet little southern accent, I was terrified the entire time.

Sure, I really had nothing better to do and no idea where to go otherwise, but, it was more than that.

"Guess I did it on the blind hope that if I ever fuck up that bad, somebody saves my ass." Was my final answer.

"Well," Twilight clearly wasn't prepared for that answer, "You earned a favor from the princess of friendship for what that's worth."

"Just don't take my jeep away," I said remembering my thoughts earlier.

"Why would I do that?" she laughed.

"Because you don't know how it works," I replied.

"That's no reason to take it away from the one who does understand it," she laughed again, "That just means it's useless to me, while you've been here a few hours and already saved a pony's life. I'd be a fool to take it from you now."

"Glad to see that you work on logic," I said, "but what about your parents?"

Twilight's face read somewhere between offended and confused. "What do they have to do with anything?" she asked.

"Aren't they the king and queen?" I asked.

Her eyes narrowed out for just a moment before she burst out laughing. "I forget how differently Equestria’s leadership is compared to other lands." She said as her laughter subsided and she wiped a tear away with a hoof. "Here a princess is not the child of the rulers, we are the rulers. Celestia and Luna are princesses of the day and night and the main rulers of Equestria, Cadence is the princess of love and rules over the Crystal Empire, and I'm the Princess of friendship. I help keep harmony between ponies."

"So what are the others going to say about me?" I asked.

"Well, besides that we should find a way to send you back..." she thought a moment, "not much. I've already gotten letters from them, and they all seem to think I can handle this myself. They just want to be sure I can accommodate you in the meantime. I have a few plans in the works for both and Celestia will be over in a few days to check on things."

"That's reassuring," I said, "So what's the plan? If you don't mind me asking."

"For now I may as well put you to work while I study the spell Apple Bloom used, if you don't mind doing a few things for me that is." she said, "I hate to have to tell you but it's going to take a while to find a way to reopen the portal. IF we can find one."

"I may as well keep busy." I said, "What's the job?"

"For now I just want you to go gather anything else that came from your world." Twilight explained, "We can't have things like that just laying around. A friend of mine should be here any moment to go along with you and help out."

"Sounds reasonable," I replied, "So who is this friend?"

Twilight looked toward the door as hooves could be heard trotting down the hall. "That's probably Sawdust now."

PreviousChapters Next