• Published 26th Feb 2018
  • 2,622 Views, 126 Comments

Blazing a Trail to the Past. - Daylight_Dreamer



After a freak accident, I wound up in equestria with a Jeep. Offroading where nobodys driven before. Or am I?

  • ...
6
 126
 2,622

PreviousChapters Next
20- Just the start of another long day.

I woke up around five in the morning. I was shocked at how fast my sleep schedule had shifted. I had been in Equestria for a week and I was already waking up at my old bedtime.

It had been a while since Gilda stopped by and I was getting tired of carrots and cupcakes. So I had sent a letter with Derpy the day before to order supper from Gilda. So I figured I better stop by the farm for breakfast. If I missed both meals that Apple Bloom was home for I was sure to hear about it.

I once again greeted my OC on my phones opening screen, as I do every morning. I now had a cutie mark for him. I thought a fire and ice yin-yang would look awesome on his black fur.

Too bad I'm no artist. I had to hire an artist at a convention to draw him the first time, and I just took a picture to get it on my phone.

I just used my imagination.

I pictured him flying with the Wonderbolts. Dark blue mane flowing behind him, beard billowing around his chin. I imagined him in an outfit similar to the one Commander Easy Glider would have worn according to the episode Testing Testing One, Two, Three, His cutie mark coming in view as he makes an extreme left turn.

I pulled myself out of my daydream remembering how important it was that I make it to breakfast.

Reaching the main house I knocked on the door.

"Why the hay you knockin'?" Granny Smith yelled, "Get yer rump in here and sit down. Breakfast is almost ready."

I laughed at my own stupidity as I walked in and greeted the Apples around the table. Apple Bloom was fidgeting so much I almost didn't notice Scootaloo next to her.

"You made it to breakfast!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Yea," I said, "looks like I did." I took a seat between Big Mac and Applejack. Applejack immediately got up and got me a cup of coffee.

"Ah'm glad ya came too, Sugar Cube," Applejack said.

I was used to her calling me that by now, but I still didn't like it. I never let anyone call me by anything but my name back home. This exception was only for Applejack and Rarity. I respected them, that didn't mean I liked it.

"Why is that?" She was always glad to see me, but I had to ask.

"Twilight wanted me to let you know that she managed to get you an appointment with that DJ feller. It's at ten o'clock this mornin' though." She replied.

"Oh, sweet," I said, "I finally get to meet Vinyl."

My thoughts of the DJ were cut short as Granny Smith brought in a platter of pancakes, hash browns, and eggs.

"Dig in," she said.

"Oh, just a heads up since I know this time," I told Granny, "I'm having supper with a friend tonight."

"That's good to know," She said, "you know I worry when you don't show up."

One week in Equestria and I had an adopted pony grandmother. I decided not to complain.

"Are you gonna have any time before supper?" Apple Bloom asked anxiously, "The Crusaders and I were hoping to talk about your cutie mark."

"As long as we're done by six," I said, "I asked Gilda to bring supper around seven and I want to be there if she's early."

"No problem," Apple Bloom said excited, "We can meet at your place after school. We'll talk at the clubhouse, but we still gotta show you where that is."

"Sounds like a plan," I said, "I'll make sure I'm home."

I noticed Scootaloo was the only one not eating.

"Ya know, Scootaloo," I said, "If you don't eat, your wings will never get any stronger."

"Oh," Granny waved a hoof, "that filly's stubborn as a..."

Just as Granny was dismissing my effort. Scootaloo was grabbing a few pancakes and sticking a fork into them.

Granny just looked at me. Then she looked at the filly already halfway through her plate. Then back at me. Her eyes were about to pop out of her skull.

I just shrugged.

"So," Applejack chimed in, "any other plans for the day? Other than the Crusaders and dinner with your 'griffin' friend?" I detected a hint of jealousy.

"Well," I said, "I am getting tired of wearing the same two outfits, and Rarity said she would have some new clothes ready for me."

"Ah still don't get why you're so worried about it," Applejack said, "It's not like any of us normally wear clothes."

"You'd like it if I went around here naked wouldn't you?" I teased.

"Yea," she leaned in toward me, "ah would."

That was not the reaction I was going for, but I don't know why I expected any different. I could tell Applejack wanted a piece of me. I had come to learn that inter-species relationships were not unheard of in Equestria. They were, however, few and far between. Things have to line up. Not just figuratively either.

Even if I was ready to date again with my divorce still so fresh. It was gonna be a while before I could even entertain that idea, and if I'm being honest. I got over my country girl crush in high school.

"Anyway," I said, "I better go get those clothes. I'm hoping for a new outfit to wear when I meet Vinyl."

"You and Rarity aught to git along," Applejack grumbled.

I wasn't sure if she knew I was aware of her advances. So far I had managed to deflect them all. She was clearly getting frustrated. I cringed at the thought that I was actually going to have to address this eventually.

"Thanks for breakfast, Granny Smith," I said, "I'll see you at lunchtime."

"You know you can just call me Granny," She said, "Take care now."

I decided to stop at my place before going to town. I'm not really into fashion or fashionistas. So I wanted to adjust my attitude. Rarity was doing me a huge favor, the least I could do is keep calm and appreciative, and choke down my revulsion at the overuse of gemstones.
---
Arriving at the boutique I was greeted with a yawn.

"So sorry," Rarity covered her mouth and turned bright red, she was the only pony so far that I could clearly see blushing, "Thank you so much for coming. I was up all night putting the finishing touches on your new wardrobe, and I just can't wait to show it to you. I see the suit I sent for your lunch with Celestia fits just fine. I do hope they got it to you in time."

"It was just in time," I said, "Thank you for going through the trouble."

"Oh," she giggled into her hoof, "it was no trouble at all. I only wish I had more time for the trim work. Some rubies would really set it off."

"I'm not really into flashy outfits," I said.

"Yes," She said, "I did get that message, but, well... Just look at your new outfits and tell me its too flashy."

She rolled out a rack full of clothing. She was right, it wasn't too bad. For her anyway.

Two coats hung at one end of the rack, the first a darker blue with small black gems embroidered in the lapel, the other was black with red gems and embroidery, five pairs of pants hung in the middle each with embroidery down the legs, two pairs had fire streaked down the sides and two more had an ice-like pattern with snowflakes, the last had fire on the right and ice on the left, every pair had a pair of fire and ice yin-yangs on the back pockets. The five black button-up shirts were rather plain in comparison, but all had either flame or snowflake patterns on them, aside from the last one, it had a large fire and ice yin-yang on the back and the sides were colored with red on the right and blue on the left. It was flashy, but I could live with it. Maybe...

"I call it 'Jerry's Cutie Mark Couture'. Do you like it?" She clearly wanted approval but wasn't waiting for it, "I figured you could wear the blue coat with the fire design pants to meet Vinyl, She'll like that the coat matches her mane, and the black coat with the frost pants would look stunning at your cutecenyera."

"You really think of everything don't you?" I asked.

"Yes, yes I do," She said, "Which is why I know that you need to be at Vinyls place in twenty minutes."

"Shit!" I exclaimed, "I shouldn't have stopped at the house... Sorry. Can I change here?"

"Of course, right this way," She led me right past the perfectly good dressing rooms to a room in the back where she did the sewing, "go ahead, darling."

"Um," I said, "a little privacy, please."

She seemed to pout but didn't argue. If Applejack's chances were an ice cube in hell, Rarity's were a snowflake.

PreviousChapters Next