• Published 26th Feb 2018
  • 2,622 Views, 126 Comments

Blazing a Trail to the Past. - Daylight_Dreamer



After a freak accident, I wound up in equestria with a Jeep. Offroading where nobodys driven before. Or am I?

  • ...
6
 126
 2,622

PreviousChapters Next
13- My lucky day. I suppose.

I woke up feeling very rested. I didn't remember getting a new bed, but it was super comfortable.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and checked the time, silently greeting my opening screen. It was my OC, a black furred pegasus with a dark blue mane and a long beard. I never came up with a name for him or a cutie mark, but he was me as a pony so I guess his name was Jerry and I had a few ideas on the mark.

It was noon. No time to watch any MLP. Gotta be in by one today. I put on my glasses and looked to my dresser, only it wasn't there.

'I'm not home,' I thought, 'that explains the bed, I gotta get the brand on that.'

I didn't remember staying anywhere, and it's not like me to go on a bender. So I was confused. I decided to smoke a bowl about it.

Once I was in the right mind frame to grasp the aftereffects of a blackout I checked myself out.

I was in my boxers like I always sleep, and my clothes were scattered on the floor in my usual fashion so I got into bed on my own. My wallet was in my pants with cash and cards in place. I must have just gotten too drunk to drive, but my cash was still there. I don't use cards at the bar because it's too easy to lose track.

I decided I better just figure out where I am so I could get to work.

I stepped out of the bedroom to find I was in a rather swanky cabin, judging by the look out the windows it was at least on the edge of the woods. I saw my Jeep out front and felt a little comfort.

I kept trying the GPS on my phone but it had absolutely no signal. Just gotta find the interstate, I always get signal there. 'Guess MLP was always out of the question, no internet.' I laughed to myself, 'Darn, I really wanted to watch a Crusaders episode.'

The only question left was 'Whose cabin?' I tried the other bedroom but it was empty.

I just shrugged and opened the front door when I was greeted by a familiar southern accent.

"How are you enjoying your cabin?" I looked down to see none other than the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the flesh.

Everything went black.

"I think we broke him," I swear that was Scootaloo. I couldn't bring myself to check.

"He's been through a lot," yep, that was Apple Bloom, "Give him time to adjust."

"That is why we're here, we just gotta take this slow," that was Sweetie Belle alright. I gotta see this.

I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was laying on the couch in the cabin. The Crusaders were lined up next to me, they had pushed the table out of the way.

I slowly sat up and looked them over. They were about what I expected of a pony made real. Except for the actually being real part, that was right out of left field.

The colors matched the cartoon but were a little less pastel. I think muted is the word. At any rate, their face structure was a little different, hard to explain, more squared off I guess. Made me wonder if the stallions heads were rectangular. Being how angled they are on the show.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Do you remember last night?" Apple Bloom asked.

"No," I said, "Just taking off for work."

She took a deep breath. "Twilight warned me about this, it's normal to forget with all you went through."

"So I'm really in Equestria then?" I asked.

"Yes, you are," Sweetie Belle said as she and Scootaloo sat on opposite sides of me. Applebloom was still on the floor seeming to hold back tears for some reason.

Sweetie and Scootaloo looked to Apple Bloom and back at me. "Do you want us to tell him?" Scootaloo finally asked.

Apple Bloom just nodded, yes.

"Apple Bloom was trying to help Twilight." Sweetie started.

"Twilight found something, she's not even sure what it is. Twilight wasn't even sure if we should tell you, but all things considered..." Scootaloo trailed off.

"Apple Bloom thought it was in a prophecy that said we needed a pony of old by the name of Daylight Dreamer, only he understands what's inside," Sweetie took over, "but the spell backfired and you were brought here, and Apple Bloom was being twisted into ball of what used to be a pony by the wild magical energy!" Sweetie was getting a little frantic. She was standing over me on her back legs. Scootaloo put up a hoof to stop her. "Sorry." She sat back down.

"Long story short," Scootaloo said, "You were able to save her with that jeep thing outside by getting her to Twilight in time."

"That's when Twilight sent you to get that wagon that's hooked up to the jeep," Sweetie had calmed down, "and when you got back the Apples gave you this cabin for as long as you're here, which looks like..." She was cut off by Apple Bloom.

"YOU'RE STUCK!!!" She wailed, "and its all my fault."

"Now Apple Bloom," Sweetie said, "We don't know that yet."

"It's OK," I said, sliding off the couch to hug Apple Bloom, "I remember last night now, and I remember my life before. Do you remember what I told you outside the cabin?"

"Yea," Apple Bloom wiped a tear away, "That you weren't mad, cause you knew I didn't mean to, and you didn't know me well enough to be disappointed I didn't know any better."

"That still applies," I said, "only now I remember how much my life sucked and how much I used to daydream about living in Equestria. So I guess I should thank you."

"Really," Apple Bloom was clearly skeptical but relieved I still wasn't upset.

"But," Scootaloo chimed in. "How did you know about Equestria before? If you had never been here, how did you dream about it?"

Great! Now I had to explain to 3 fillies that their life is a cartoon where I come from.

PreviousChapters Next