• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 4,880 Views, 20 Comments

Tales of Love (Re-Write) - Mister Phoenix



A complete Re-Write of the first Tales of Love Story; A bunch of romantic Spike short one-shot ships with the members of the main six.

  • ...
10
 20
 4,880

Sh-Boom: (AppleSpike)

Spike wore a deadpan expression on his face, blinking his eyes before letting out a soft sigh. Hanging his head lower before letting out a loud yawn, the male dragon looked towards the rising sun on the east, he noticed that the moon still hangs in the sky, slowly moving down for the blazing bright sun.

Spike enter Sweet Apples Acres, before he enters the fields he noticed the soul reason why he's here. Applejack; The Element of Honesty. He remembers that Apple Bucking Season was coming around and for some bizarre reason he agrees, and then completely forgot about it the next day.

When Apple Bucking Season was just around the corner, Applejack tied a rope around Spike's feet and drag the male dragon all the way to Sweet Apple Acres, causing many ponies to just raise their eyebrows at the site, but then shrugged their shoulders and went on to with their day.

Applejack had a brilliant gamboge colour coat, her mane is a pale, light greyish olive tied up in a ponytail covered by a brown stetson hat. She turns and looked at Spike with her alluring moderate sap green colour eyes. Her Cutie Mark is three red apples, she gave a smile towards the tired Spike, who was dragging his feet towards her.

The male dragon crashed on the ground, causing Applejack to blink in surprise, shock that Spike was about to fall back asleep on her. Giving him a hard kick on his side, Spike bolted awake, shaking his head and quickly looking away.

"I swear Twi, I sorted out all the papers!" Spike cried out, before he noticed Applejack's deadpan expression while The Element of Honesty stared at the male dragon.

"Are ya done?" She asked, Spike gave a weak nod.

"Good, now ah wanted ya here early even if Apple Bucking Season doesn't start until next week, ah'm going to need all the help I can get. Unfortunately, ah can only get ya. Sorry partner, ah know ya a hard worker, but last night was a mess. No pony like it, one of the worst moments in history ah some say." Applejack explain lean his head back.

"Yeah, I know. I was a baby at the time and just overexcited to be helping you." Spike said, Applejack gave a smile.

"That's fine, Spike. Just try and keep a level head. Ah need to be calm and ready for anything, Apple Farming isn't for everypony." Applejack said

Spike gave her a saluting, Applejack blinked at the male dragon, causing Spike to let out a nervous chuckle and quickly put both of his claws behind his back, with a smile. Applejack raised an eyebrow and just shook her head, before she could explain anything, Spike let out a laugh, causing The Element of Honest to blink at the male dragon.

"Please, how hard could it be?" Spike question, Applejack looked away to the left, with a smirk on her lips.

"Alright Spike, have fun, I'll sit here and wait for it." Applejack said, deciding to sit under the shade of one of the apple trees.

Spike shook his head, turning to face the apples trees behind him, cracking his knuckles he glared at apple tree standing tall with the apples just waiting to fall. He grips his claws on the tree, he could feel Applejack's smirk glaring at him, wanting to prove her wrong.

The male dragon began to raptly shaking the tree, Applejack just raised her eyebrow at the site of the male dragon, she shook her head sideways, he let out a growl. No matter how hard Spike shake the tree with his claws, the apples wouldn't fall. Applejack's laughter echo through his ears.

The Element of Honesty stood up and moved Spike out of the way, with one strong kicked with her two back hooves caused all the apples to fall into the wooden baskets. She crossed her two front hooves and gave a cocky grin to Spike with a nod of her head.

The male dragon crosses his arms, looking at the apple farmer with that grin on Applejack's face speaking a million different words with Spike listening to all of them.

"Show off." Spike said, Applejack let out a laugh.

"Cry about it later, ya was shaking the tree wrong. It was too rough, ya need to be kind and show that you want to need the apples, not want the apples." Applejack said, combing the tree trunk with her right front hoof.

Spike blinked in confusion at The Element of Honesty, Applejack let out a soft sigh, knowing that all the information just flew over Spike's head, reading his expression that was frozen on his face. Applejack rubbed her forehead in annoyance.

"Alright then, beside shaking the tree, ya scales are hard enough so ya won' get hurt. Meaning if you punch harder enough against the tree trunk the apples should fall." Applejack said, Spike raised his brow at her.

"Are you sure?" Spike asked, causing Applejack to nod her head.

Spike made his claw into a fist, lining it up with the center of the tree trunk of the apple tree, with a hard punch most of the apples on the tree fell towards the grassy ground below the apple tree. Applejack gave him a large smile.

"Great job Spike, ya have this down in no time!" Applejack said

"Thanks AJ." Spike said, the female apple farmer tipped her hat at the male dragon.

"No problem Spike, can you carry the apple baskets to the farm house?" Applejack asked, Spike gave her a smile.

The male dragon picked up the baskets that were filled, Applejack a little surprise that he could even carry it. The apple farmer knew he had grown up into a tall handsome dragon, but it felt strange for her to see him like that. She only knew him as a cute baby dragon, but now with him grown up and looking handsome.

It made her blush at the site, but always bashed those thoughts away, she bangs her head against the tree trunk, letting out a groan of frustration, wanting to get those thoughts of her and Spike together, sharing a picket in Sweet Apple Acres, under the moonlight, Spike holding her close by.

She fell to the ground, letting out a sigh, looking towards the clear skies above. Leaning against the tree trunk, she knew the reason on asking Spike to help her with Apple Bucking Season was just because The Element of Honesty wanted to spend time with the male dragon.

Once she saw Spike returning back from the barn, she gave a smile, feeling her heart give a little flutter. She bangs the back of her head against tree she leans against, causing the apples to fall to the ground. Wanting to get those romantic thoughts out of her head.

Spike blinked at her, he held out his claw to help her back. Applejack took a hold of his right claw, with a light pink blush on her cheeks. Applejack quickly pulled her hoof away from Spike's claw, letting out a cough in the hoof that used to be held by Spike's claw.

"What's next?" The male dragon asked.

"Nothing, ya done for the day, Spike. Big Mac is going to help me out for the day, ya can leave." Applejack said, walking away from the male dragon.

Spike scratched the back of his head in confusion. Shrugging his shoulders before leaving the apple farmer to kick the apples off the tree with her two back hooves. He let out a soft sigh, he was looking forward to spending the day with The Element of Honesty, he gave one last looked towards Applejack before he left Sweet Apple Acres.


Throughout the week, Spike kept working at Sweet Apples Acres, but each time, Applejack kept pushing the male dragon away, causing Spike to work half way across the apple tree fields. Applejack tried to not look Spike in his eyes when The Element of Honesty was talking to him.

Applejack didn't want to look at his eyes, not wanting to have the feeling that she had whenever she saw Spike. Applejack didn't know how to explain the feelings that she had for her dragon friend but seeing Spike's smile or his worry expression whenever the apple farmer was upset about something.

"Spike, can you bring these apples to the Divine Rest Diner for me?" Applejack asked, Spike rubbing his nose with his right thumb.

"You got it!" Spike said, picking up the two the two boxes.

Applejack let out a small sigh, watching Spike walking away from Sweet Apples Acres. The Element of Honesty walked back to the fields, surprise to see her older brother just standing in front of her. Big Mac had moderate sap green colour eyes, his mane is a brilliant shade of orange and his coat is a brilliant amaranth colour, with his hooves light yellowish grey colour.

"Eeyup." The male stallion said, Applejack let out a sigh pushing past him.

"Yeah, yeah. Shut ya mouth, I don' love Spike!" Applejack cried out, Big Mac just raised his eyebrow, Applejack looked away giving off a pout.

"Ya think you know everything don't ya. Just because you got a marefriend doesn't make you Mister Right!" Applejack cried out, pressing her right front hoof against Big Mac's chest.

"Nope," Big Mac spoke, The Element of Honesty turn her head away from her older sibling.

Applejack let out another soft sigh. Her eyes watched the ground, her hoof kicking the dirt on the ground, Big Mac walked past her, knowing that the apple farmer was muttering under her breath, something to do with her nosy older brother. She fell on the ground, leaning against the barn, her eyes looking towards the sky.

She bites on her bottom lip, a light coughing caused Applejack to look at her younger sister. Apple Bloom blinked at her older sister, the earth pony filly had a brilliant gamboge colour eyes, her mane is a brilliant amaranth colour with a large light brilliant crimson colour bow. Her coat is pale, light greyish olive.

"Big Mac talking about ya crush on Spike?" Apple Bloom question, Applejack looked away.

"It's not a crush! I don't like Spike like that, ah would never!" Applejack cried out, storming away from her younger sister.

Apple Bloom rushed up to Applejack, trying to keep up to her older sister side.

"Ya know that what Scootaloo says whenever Sweetie Belle gives her a hug or a surprise kiss on her cheek." Apple Bloom explain, Applejack rolled her eyes.

"Ya don' need to lie to yourself. Ya might be The Element of Honesty, but ya seem to lie to yourself a lot." Apple Bloom said, Applejack looked towards her younger sister.

"Maybe ya right sis, ahem just not sure." Applejack said, Apple Bloom gave her a smile.

"Then just tell him, ya might not know how it will work out, but ya can still give it a go." Apple Bloom explain, Applejack raised her eyebrow.

"Ain't I the one who meant to give sister advice?" Applejack asked, Apple Bloom let out a laugh.

"Well ah not the one having relationship troubles, anyway, I need to meet Scootaloo and Sweetie at the park." Apple Bloom said,

"Later sis!" Apple Bloom cried out, rushing out of Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack just shake her head.

The female apple farmer walked through the fields, noticing Spike return, no longer needing to carry those heavy boxes. He gave a smile towards his earth pony friend.

"I finished with the boxen." Spike said, with a smile.

"That great, wait did ya just say 'Boxen?'" The Element of Honesty question, he just nodded his head.

"Yeah, plural for box is boxen." Spike explain, Applejack could only rub her head in the pain that Spike was causing to her.

"Spike what the heck are ya talking about?"Applejack question, Spike shrugged his shoulders in confusion.

"It was what I thought it was since I was a baby dragon." Spike said, the female apple farmer gave him a deadpan stare.

"That was five months ago." Applejack stated, Spike just let out a chuckle.

"You just like ruining everything for me?" Spike asked, Applejack gave a laugh towards the male dragon.

"It's what ah do partner." Applejack said with the tip of her hat.

Spike fell against the wall of the barn, his feet sore from walking such a long distance. Applejack sat next to him, leaning against his warm scales, he wrapped his right wing around The Element of Honesty, giving her a small smile. Biting his bottom lip, not wanting to tell her how he truly feels, unable to say three simple words.


When Apple Bucking Season finally arrived, Spike sat in the living room by the last member of the Apple Family before the male dragon could go outside and help Applejack and Big Mac out. Granny Smith stared at Spike with her brilliant light orange colour eyes deep into the male dragon's soul, her mane is light grey, with her coat is light lime green.

"Umm, can I help out AJ?" Spike asked, with a nervous grin on his face.

"What ya think of my granddaughter." Granny Smith said, Spike just looked away.

"Well, Applejack, she's amazing. She's gorgeous, pragmatic, industrious and kind." Spike said, Granny Smith raised her eyebrow at the male dragon.

"Fine, just be nice to her. Ya can date her." Granny Smith said, causing Spike to lean back in surprise.

He waves his claws rapidly, Granny Smith just let out a laugh, hitting Spike's head with her cane. He left the farm house, feeling the fresh air hitting his face. He saw Applejack kicking the tree with her back hooves, rubbing sweat away with her left front hoof, with the golden light from the sun shining on her, made her rustic beauty stand out.

Spike shook his head, getting the thoughts of Applejack out of his head. It was hard to do, with Applejack wanting to keep a close eye on the male dragon. Spike couldn't work right, always looking over to Applejack to see her shining beauty and her lovely smile and alluring moderate sap green colour eyes.

He couldn't think straight. Her smile, her eyes, even when she glared over at the male dragon who stop his work, she raises her eyebrow at him. Spike let out a chuckle, with a punch, getting the apples off the trees, Applejack shook her head moving to the next tree in the line before giving it another hard kick.

Spike finally got his thoughts back together, forcing himself to not look at The Element of Honesty, and focus on the work that he needed to do. The male dragon got many baskets filled to the brim some over flowing with delicious red apples, Applejack looked over at him and gave him a large smile.

"Great work there, Spike!" Applejack said, Spike gave a blush.

"No problem, AJ. I thought that this would be harder." Spike said, letting out a laugh, which soon die down seeing Applejack's smirk.

"Ya won' last again five minutes." Applejack stated, causing Spike to glare at her.

"You’re on!" Spike said with a smile.

Another four minutes past by and Spike began to drag his feet, his claws both hurting from punching trees too much, he glares over to The Element of Honesty who hadn't broken a sweat. Spike fell to the ground, to noticed Applejack's cocky smirk with her staring down at him.

"Ya done?" Applejack asked, Spike just gave a weak nod.

"Yes, AJ. I learn my lesson." Spike said while groaning.

Applejack gave a grin, helping the male dragon back to his feet, the male dragon began to brush off all the dirt that was on his scales, muttering out "I been spreading too much time with Rarity." It was louder enough for The Element of Honesty to hear and let out a laugh.

She gave him a push with her head, moving the male dragon along, Spike let out a soft sigh. He turns to look at Applejack once more, opening his mouth to try and find words to tell her how he felt. With none coming out, only a dry breath, Spike closed his jaw, going on with the rest of the work.

When Apple Bucking Season finally finished, Spike had no reason to keep returning back to Sweet Apple Acres for work. Applejack was just surprised when the male dragon began to help her out whenever he had free time, it made the apple farmer smile, giving a helping hoof to the struggling male dragon whenever he was having troubles with an apple tree.

"Hey AJ." Spike said, causing The Element of Honesty to turn her head to face Spike.

"It's just, umm, I love... Working here." Spike said, giving off a fake grin.

Applejack only raised her eyebrow, Spike began to slowly move away from the glare that the apple farmer was giving him. Applejack rolled her eyes, wishing that he would say something else, she also noticed Spike banging his head against the tree trunk that was able to shake the apples off the trees.

"Is something wrong Spike?" She asked, causing Spike to stop banging his head against the tree.

"Nah, I just wanted to try a new way to get the apples off the tree." Spike lied, Applejack could only blink at the male dragon.

"Right then. Just don' hurt ya self." Applejack said, Spike gave a smile and a wave of his claw.

"Please, I'm a great and powerful dragon!" Spike said, puffing out his chest.

"Be careful there, Sugar Cube, ya started to become Rainbow whenever she starts boasting about herself." Applejack stated, causing Spike to lean down.

He just let out a sigh, looking back at Applejack before returning to his work.


It was about a week when Apple Bloom got sick of her older sister and dragon friend just giving each other the lovely dovely eyes to each other without even saying anything. The youngest apple sibling stormed up to Applejack, glaring at The Element of Honesty with her big and adorable eyes.

"Enough is enough! Just ask Spike out already! The only reason why he's still working here is because he loves ya!" Apple Bloom said, Applejack turn her head to see the male dragon rubbing away the sweat off his head.

Applejack gave her younger sister a smile, totting over to the male dragon. Spike turn to see Applejack and gave her a kind smile; The Element of Honesty couldn't find the words that was right to tell the male dragon how she felt. Apple Bloom let out a soft sigh, and then jump when a idea came to her head.

The youngest sibling of the Apple Family sneaks up behind Spike, pushing the male dragon against The Element of Honesty, making their lips pressing against each other. The young earth pony filly did a little pump with her front right leg, with a little giggle she ran off.

Spike held Applejack close their accidental kiss soon becoming a real kiss, with Applejack tackling him to the ground and staying on top of him, letting their tongues dance. When the kiss finally did break, Spike couldn't find any words to describe how wonderful it felt.

"Do you want to go out some time?" Spike asked, Applejack gave him her reply with a quick kiss to his scaly lips.

Author's Note:

I ask for help, and no one gave ideas that I liked enough to use for Tales of Love. I do thank everyone who gave me ideas. But my idea is "Bulls:yay:t until finished and hope for the best."

From original Tales of Love author notes: "There will be no sequel,"

Looks to the left, with Tales of Love Two, Three and the Re-Write sat.

Alight guys, you heard past Mister Phoenix, I'm cancelling everything! All Tales of Love stories are getting deleted since there is no sequel. :rainbowlaugh: I'm just kidding, but still I laugh at the stupid moment back in the author notes.

Applespike, is my favourite ship between Spike and the main six, but I hadn't wrote an Applespike story since the original Tales of Love, meaning that this was fun. Like how Sparity and SpikeDash was fun.

But, if you readied the original you know what's coming up, the harem chapter. Oh lord help me, :fluttershysad: I'm not looking forward to the next chapter, I hate how I made this, curse past me.

I also hate the fact that I came up with a great AppleSpike idea, with them being in the power ponies world and falling in love there, beside what the heck I just wrote for this chapter if anyone wants that AppleSpike Power Pony Idea, go ahead and make it. It's not much of an idea since I was halfway through this when I thought about it.