• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 4,870 Views, 20 Comments

Tales of Love (Re-Write) - Mister Phoenix



A complete Re-Write of the first Tales of Love Story; A bunch of romantic Spike short one-shot ships with the members of the main six.

  • ...
10
 20
 4,870

Black Magic Woman: (TwiSpike)

In the Dragon Lands, a foot tapped against the ground. A foot belongs to the Dragon Lord Ember. Her scales are a brilliant colour of cyan with pale turquoise underbelly and wing membrane gradient of moderate indigo to light cobalt blue, her spikes straight and sharp being a moderate phthalo blue colour. She stared at a sleeping Spike with brilliant red colour eyes, her horns in a curve facing down a light apple greenish grey colour.

She breath out smoke, Ember kicked Spike off the smooth rock that he fell asleep on, the male dragon crashed against the ground, waking up. He quickly looked to the left and right with his tired green eyes, he stared at the Dragon Lord, who had her arms folded, while she flared with anger at the male dragon. Spike just let out a dry chuckle while scratching the back of his head.

"Sorry Ember." Spike said, giving a cheesy grin, she just rolled her eyes.

"Spike, you're the..." Ember said, letting out a groan. "Friendship ambassador to The Dragon Lands, can you not sleep when I'm talking to you!" She yelled, causing Spike to wake up again.

"That's great, could you at less say friendship with less sass." Spike said, meeting Ember's cold glare, he wore his nervous grin.

"Never mind! I'm sorry, it's Twilight, she keeps up all night for the past few days because of her cuddling problem." Spike said, causing Ember to raise a brow.

"Whenever Twilight has took too much work or just had a stressful day, she needs to cuddle with something to go to sleep. But she likes my warm scales, meaning that I'm her cuddle buddy." Spike said, letting out a groan of annoyance.

"Could you try saying that with less sass?" Ember said, giving off a grin, Spike just glare at his dragoness friend.

"Real funny." He replied, letting out a dry chuckle.

"I'm serious, Twi' has a real bad case of the cuddle bug." Spike said, before he rubbed his forehead. "I can't believe I just said that." He said in a mutter.

Ember folded her arms, looking at the male dragon. "Then just tell her to find a new cuddle buddy." Ember said, finishing with an eye roll.

Spike fell onto a large red rock, putting his fist to his cheek.

"I can't, because it's the only time I get to be with Twilight. Well close to her like that." Spike said, his cheeks heating up in a blush.

Ember slapped her forehead with the palm of her claw.

"Great, you're in love with The Princess of Friendship. I should've seen that coming." Ember said, Spike stepped back in surprise.

"Love? I can't love Twi' she like a somewhat sister to me. To be fair, we're not related, since Princess Celestia decided to take me as her son, meaning Twilight would get me as an assistant when she was ready. But we been together our whole lives, sure when she cuddles close to me, it feels amazing and I just want to hold her close." Spike said, Ember roll her eyes once again.

The female Dragon Lord let out a groan, watching Spike panicking, the male dragon walking back and forth, his claws on his head, while he kept saying both pros and cons about liking Twilight. Ember decided to sit down, watching her friend in a panic.

Her eyes moved back and forth, with Spike's movements, blinking a couple of times. Ember lean back, placing her claws behind her head, Spike finally seemed to stop, the female Dragon Lord let out a yawn of boredom. The male dragon looked over at his Dragoness friend, he gave a cheap grin, noticing Ember's annoyed expression.

"Are you done?" She asked, Spike just chuckle with a nod of his head.

"Good, now can we get back to business?" Ember asked

"Yeah, what is up with the Yaks and the Dragons?" He question, Ember let out a sigh.

"Well, from what I heard from my father, is that, many moons ago, Dragons and Yaks fought over the land that is now Yakyakistan, and their battles caused considerable damage to the land. A peace was eventually established between Prince Ulysses of the Yaks and Dragon Lord Scintilla." Ember explains to Spike.

"So, why start another war?" Spike asked, Ember stomp her foot in a rage.

"Because Prince Ruftherford is a complete battle hungry idiot. Always looking for a fight or start a war with anything that can breathe!" Ember shouted out.

"Dragons normally fight between ourselves over gems or mates, but with the Yaks they only care about what their want and not how other feels." Ember said, causing Spike to let out a small laugh, causing the female Dragon Lord to shot up a icy cold glare.

"I'm sorry! But, you kind of started sounding Twilight and the rest of the mane six when their learn a friendship lesson." Spike said, Ember let out a groan.

"I been hanging out with you to much. I always forget that you're not a real dragon." Ember said

"HEY!" Spike cried out in anger, Ember gave a smirk.

Spike folded his arms, glaring down at Ember who only raised her brow, Spike let go of his folded arms and started to mutter under his breath. Ember put her claw onto Spike's shoulder giving him a soft smile, he let out a deep breath, rubbing his forehead.

"Look Ember, fights always happen, but I believe in Pinkie that she'll talk the Yak's out of war." Spike said, Ember looked away from the male dragon.

"For them, since The Dragons would've destroyed them, burning down all their homes!" Ember cried out, fires of rage fill her eyes, Spike moved away from the female Dragon Lord in a bit of fear.

"Yeah, let's just not go there. Since the Dragons might start going to war with other Kingdoms like The Changelings or Griffins." Spike said, Ember let out a soft sigh.

"Yeah, you're right." Ember said, Spike gave her a soft smile.

"Trust in Pinkie, she'll work everything out. I need to go back to Ponyville." Spike said, spreading his wings.

"Good luck with Twilight and her cuddle problem." Ember said, mentally hitting herself for saying 'cuddle problem;

Spike let out a healthy laugh, with Ember throwing a orange rock over to the male dragon before he bolted back into the open sky, cloud by dark grey clouds.


At the small rustic town of Ponyville, right beside the Castle of Friendship stood the School of Friendship, where Ponies, Buffalo's, Yaks, Dragons, Griffins, Changelings, Diamond Dogs, Zebras, Hippogriff's, and many different creatures that went to the school to learn about the magic of friendship.

The Princess of Friendship and the Principal of the school; Princess Twilight Sparkle walked down the halls of her school. Her coat is a pale, light greyish mulberry colour, her mane is a dark sapphire blue with moderate purple with brilliant raspberry streaks. She looked at the pasting students with her moderate violet colour eyes, her Cutie Mark is a big purple star surround by five smaller stars.

Giving all her students a small, entering her office, her eyes widen and her expression somewhat dropped seeing the mountain of paperwork on her desk and filling the ground. Twilight lit up her horn, seeing papers from Applejack, most of them from Rainbow Dash, the ones that she barely couldn't read was Fluttershy, Twilight blinked at some of Rarity's "requests" sounded more like demands, Pinkie's paperwork shot out confetti, even Starlight wanted this and that.

Twilight let out a soft sigh, knowing that she has a lot of paperwork before the day was over. The sun in the sky was almost to sunset when Spike finally return to Ponyville after visiting the Dragon Lands, he noticed Twilight's eye fluttering. Spike put his claw onto her shoulder.

The Princess of Friendship, looked up at her assistant, giving a soft smile. A soft blush on her cheeks, finding that Spike has been growing up into a tall handsome dragon that made her heart began to flutter.

"Come on, Twi' it's nice for you to get some rest." Spike said, picking the Alicorn princess in his arms.

"No, no, you can't make me!" Twilight said, waving her two front hooves in the air in a wild manner.

"I'll let you cuddle with me tonight." Spike said, letting out a soft sigh.

Twilight's eyes widen in joy, giving her assistant a hug, her two front hooves wrapping around Spike's neck, while he wore a neutral expression. She had a small cute smile on her face, while she rubbing close to Spike's face, letting out a soft sigh. Once their arrived back at the Castle of Friendship, Twilight wrapped her wings around Spike.

"Spikey ~ you promise me snuggles. I want snuggles!" Twilight demanded with a blush on her face, Spike couldn't breathe being so close to her.

The male dragon let out mmph mmm, causing Twilight to smiling feeling the warmth of his scales against her coat.

"You're my snuggle buddy!" Twilight finished, bring the male dragon closer to her.

Spike would be lying if he said that he didn't enjoy Twilight's snuggles, feeling her soft fur against his hard and warm scales. Her head against his chest and under his chin, while Spike comb down her back. Twilight letting out soft purrs, her wing feathers tickling the male dragon's side, his large wings wrapped around her.

Twilight loved the feeling of having Spike close to her body, the feeling of his warm scales against her, it made The Princess of Friendship worries to just wash away in a sea of peace and gentleness, Twilight remember telling Moondancer about her strange feelings that Twilight soon began feeling for her assistant.

Then the word love started to sneak it way into Twilight's head, her thoughts filled of pictures of both her and Spike together as a romantic couple, the male dragon taking her hoof, them sharing a kiss under Luna's lovely moonlight, then maybe Spike would take her out to the Divine Rest Diner.

Knowing that he has always been there for her, letting Twilight cry on his shoulder when Flash Sentry only decide to date her and like her because Twilight was a princess. After Spike learn about that, the male dragon fist soon meets the male pegasus stallion face.

"Twilight." Spike said, the Princess of Friendship let out a small hmm.

"I don't know about this, but I think I love you. I just love being close to you, holding you, being your snuggle buddy." Spike said, finishing with an eye roll.

"Wait, you do?" Twilight asked, lifting her head up, Spike just nodded.

Twilight gave a light smile, pulling the male dragon into a kiss, their lips meeting with each other. Spike's eyes widen in complete shock. When Twilight broke the short kiss that the two of them share, she noticed the frozen expression on Spike's face and let out a small cute giggle in her hoof.

"I love you too Spike, after everything that you have done for me. I'll be crazy if I didn't fall in love with you." Twilight said, blushing.

Spike gave tackling The Princess of Friendship into another kiss, Twilight let out a surprise epp, when her new boyfriend cuddling close to her, while the two share a kiss filled with the passion that they shared with each other.

Author's Note:

I know this wasn't as long like the others before it, but it was one of the TwiSpike stories that I had in my mind. A nice cuddle story, with Twilight and Spike, I did add a romance to it, but for awhile I been wanting to write these two as a couple, but never got around to it.

I got the feeling around in the middle of Scootaloo's Accidental Harem which I was focus on, I did write down a brainstorm for the one-shot. But, I didn't want to make that story for Tales of Love Re-Write since it's a little too weird, and I'll like to keep to the canon as close as possible while making these stories.