• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 4,882 Views, 20 Comments

Tales of Love (Re-Write) - Mister Phoenix



A complete Re-Write of the first Tales of Love Story; A bunch of romantic Spike short one-shot ships with the members of the main six.

  • ...
10
 20
 4,882

Into Something Good: (SpikePie)

Light cerulean colour eyes watched the Castle of Friendship like a hawk. A pale, light grayish raspberry coloured hoof knocked against the door, before running into a green brush. Spike rubbed his tired green colour eyes, looking down at the box, the male dragon open to see and smell delicious chocolate chip cookies.

Spike licked his lips at the site, looking around trying to see who left it, with a small note on the top of the box 'To Spike, From Your Secret Admirer.'

"I sure I hope this goes better than the last time some pony left baked goods on my doorstep." Spike said to himself, looking towards the blue sky, lost in thought.

A few weeks before, another knocking at door of the Castle of Friendship happen, Spike open to see a large white cake. Pinkie popped out of the cake with two sparkles in her two front hooves, the joyful pink party pony with a brilliant raspberry colour mane, puffy like cotton candy, gave a wide smile, waiting for the sparkles to go off.

"Awkward?" Pinkie asked, Spike gave an eye roll.

"Awkward." Spike answered, Pinkie let out a nervous giggle.

"It'll only take a minute." Pinkie said, Spike just let out a sigh, rubbing the side of his head.

The male dragon shudder at the thought, slamming the door, the rustle in the bushes, popped out the puffy mane and the head of The Element of Laughter herself; Pinkie Pie, her cutie mark being two light blue balloons on the side with a bright yellow balloon above. She brushes off the leaves on her coat, she hopped away from the Castle of Friendship.

She doesn't know the feeling that she had for Spike either be love or just a silly crush that would fade away in the flow of time. She gave waves to any of her pasting friends, wearing the bright smile that shine like the burning sun in the bright blue sky above her.

The whole town itself seemed silence, a creepy silence that made Pinkie start shaking with the new icy cold wind blowing through her mane, she shudders, she kept her smile on her face, with a raindrop hitting her on the nose. Pinkie shook her head to dry off her coat, just to have another small rain drop hit her coat and then another.

Pinkie Pie; Party Pony of Ponyville. She shrugged her shoulders and started to hopped around the rustic town of Ponyville with a joyful smile on her lips, while the bright blue sky was slowly getting covered by dark storm clouds. She looked up with her blue eyes, it didn't bother her much. A little bit of rain never hurt any pony, she looked around, everypony else had gone, hiding inside from the upcoming storm.

Pinkie jumped in surprise hearing the loud roaring sound of thunder in the dark sky, rain began to pour down hard towards the ground. Pinkie felt dry, seeing a yellow umbrella covering her from the rain, held by a claw. Pinkie looked up and gave a smile toward Spike, who smiled back to her.

Pinkie's cheeks heated up, feeling her heart fluttering. She always hides away her secret crush for the male dragon, with the bright yellow umbrella, she and Spike walked together, towards the crystal castle. Pinkie Pie could hear the rain pouring getting louder and heavy, the sound of thunder rumbling in the dark storm clouds.

"You can stay here until the storm clears away, Twi' isn't here. She's busy in Canterlot with Moondancer and Starlight Glimmer." Spike said

"Thank you," Pinkie said, Spike lighting up the fireplace for The Element of Laughter.

"It's no problem, Pinkie, anything for one of my friends, just stay here for the rest of the day or until the storm calms down enough for you to get back home." Spike said, Pinkie wrapped her hooves around Spike, hugging the male dragon.

Pinkie broke the hug, moving her hoof in a circle on the ground, her head facing away from the male dragon, her cheeks heated up in a bright pink blush, she was just lucky it bend in her coat. Spike put a white towel over her coat, Spike left to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate for the pink earth pony.

Spike gave her a warm smile, giving her a cup of hot chocolate filled with marshmallows, the hot stream rise from the cup. Pinkie let out a hmm, smelling the delicious stream from the cup. Taking a small slip, her upper lips, covered in form, Pinkie looked herself in the mirror and let out a small giggle.

"Spikey, look. I have a moustache." Pinkie said, Spike just a smirk.

"Pinks, the power of the Stache has come to you use it wisely." Spike said, Pinkie fell on her back, letting out a chuckle.

"Teach me your ways, Spike." She couldn't stop her laughter.

Spike pulled her up back to her hooves, Pinkie's nose touching Spike's face, their lips near each other. Spike broke away, an embarrassing blush on his cheek, he rubbed his arm.

"Well, I go and start dinner... I mean lunch, I'll start lunch!" Spike said, leaving to the kitchen.

Spike shook away the thoughts of kissing Pinkie, he didn't want to have these feelings about one of his best friends in his mind, especially Pinkie Pie. Spike liked her enough, but the Element of Laughter is a little too crazy for his taste, it was one the things Spike liked about Pinkie, that she can make him laugh and smile, but that the same time, there was only so much that he could take and it less Pinkie knew that.

She normal switches normal weird to just a lovable mare to be around whenever she hangs out with her friends. But still trying to find different and new ways to make others smile, there was many different reason why Spike didn't want to date Pinkie, but at the same time, wanted to kiss her on those sweet lips of hers.

Spike shake his head once more, putting a daisy sandwich for Pinkie and just a couple of gems for himself. Pinkie hopped in the kitchen, she smiles, seeing one of her favourite food just to snack on whenever she was in the mood. The pink earth pony never realized how much Spike does or have done for her.

'Do I love Spike?' She question in thought, hearing the rain pour finally calming down.

Pinkie bought Spike into a warm hug, loving the warm feeling of his hard scales, Spike broke the hug, giving The Element of Laughter a kiss on her cheek. Pinkie's smile shines bright like the rainbow in the sky, bouncing out of the castle in joy, knowing that she knows loves Spike, and with that kiss, she knew he return her romantic feelings. Pinkie felt like she could cry out loud to the skies above.


Spike slowly flutter his eyes open the next morning, letting out a surprise yell seeing Pinkie sitting on his bed. The male dragon back against the wall, while the pink party pony didn't change the smile on her face.

"Pinkie!" Spike cried out, "What the heck are you doing in my room?" He asked

"Just to wish you a good morning and bring you breakfast in bed, my love." Pinkie said, holding out a tray of pancakes covered with sapphire sprinkles.

"Thanks.... Wait, love?" Spike question, Pinkie nodded her head.

"Yup, now we can be together! Because I love you and you love me!" Pinkie said, pressing her lips against Spike, focusing the male dragon to taste her lips that are sweet like candy.

Spike pushed Pinkie away from him, The Element of Laughter fell off his bed and hit the hard ground with her rump. Pinkie just stutter and hugged around Spike's neck, while the male dragon carried the pink party pony underneath his right arm. Before Pinkie could even blink, she sat outside the Castle of Friendship, with the large double doors behind her slammed and locked.

Spike just let out a small sigh, wanting a nice cup of coffee to wake himself him, that was before he got tackled to the floor, by Pinkie Pie, with her kissing Spike on the lips again.

"How did you even get back in here?" Spike asked, Pinkie waved her front left hoof.

"That's easy, I just used one of the many entrance this castle has! I learn them all once Twi-Twi got the castle, just in case for surprise birthday parties." Pinkie said, putting on her serious face.

"That's great Pinkie, but..." Spike said, trying to push her out the door.

Pinkie just jumped out the way, once again pulling Spike into a hug. He was annoyed by her behaviour, it was easily readable by the expression on his face. Spike rubbed his head, muttering under his breath, he stares down at The Element of Laughter.

Spike let out a hmm, a thought coming to his mind. Deciding on giving Pinkie the worst date of all time, he gave a smile glaring at the ceiling.

"Well Pinkie, want to go on a date with me?" Spike asked, Pinkie's smile lit up like an hearth's warming eve tree. She started bouncing on the spot.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes!" Pinkie cried out.

Spike took her by the hoof, leading the Element of Laughter to the Divine Rest Diner, Pinkie looked at the flying lantern, poking one of the lanterns with her front right hoof. Making it float away, one of the waitress, glare at that Pinkie, who moved next to the male dragon.

Spike ordered one plate of spaghetti, covered with daisies with an emerald, sapphire and amethyst. The waitress wrote down their order with a bored expression on her face, with a sigh and an eye roll, the earth pony mare left to the kitchen. Spike smiled at Pinkie, who had a dreamy expression in her eyes.

"So, Pinkie... How's Sugar Cube Corner?" Spike asked, not knowing how to start off the conversion.

"It's good, Pound and Pumpkin Cake are getting so much bigger. It feels like yesterday when they were cute little foals, and about to hit five years old!" Pinkie said

"Huh." Spike just let out.

"What about you? Has Thorax or Ember needed your help at all?" Pinkie asked, Spike gave a shrug.

"Not that much, since ponies have finally gotten used to both Changelings and Dragon being friendly, they haven't really needed me at all." Spike explain, right when the waitress put down the meal.

Both Pinkie and Spike began to eat their lunch, not realizing that the one of the noodles are the same, making their lips connect in a short but sweet kiss, before Spike broke away. Spike broke away, his cheeks blushing bright red. Spike couldn't find words, but he did find the small embarrassing smile that Pinkie wore on her face is rather cute.

"I need to go, I'm sorry Pinkie." He said, bolting out of the small cafe, leaving Pinkie sitting all alone, looking over to where the male dragon left.


Spike kind locked himself away from Ponyville, causing many of his friends to worry for the male dragon who just stayed in his room. Spike didn't know what he was feeling for Pinkie Pie, it was strange, when she started to kiss him in the morning, it felt strange, but nice enough.

Then the kiss at the cafe, just felt different, it felt better, it just felt right. Kissing Pinkie, being with Pinkie, laughing with her, everything little thing The Element of Laughter did, made the male dragon either smile or laugh, with Pinkie joining in with the joy.

Spike couldn't believe that he fell in love with Pinkie Pie, he wanted to be with her. Knowing that she most likely didn't want to be with him anymore. He let out a soft sigh, finally coming out of The Castle of Friendship, the male dragon notice that there was no sign of a joyful pink ball of energy bouncing around Ponyville.

Spike decide to head towards Sugar Cube Corner, he open the door, hearing the bell ringing. A kind earth pony with a coat colour of very light cerulean, her mane is a light crimson with pale, light greyish crimson stripes colour, she stares at the male dragon with her brilliant rose colour eyes.

"Good morning Mrs. Cake, is Pinkie here?" Spike asked, noticing the cold glare that Mrs. Cake was giving him.

Spike just looked to the left and right quickly, he gave a grin, Spike had always found Mrs. Cake cold icy glare scary, he felt chills coursing through his body from those rose colour eyes.

"Pinkie's upstairs upset, because I left in the middle of our date." Spike said, Mrs. Cake nodded, giving Spike his answer.

"I'll go and talk to her." Spike said, lowering his head to avoid Mrs. Cake's glares.

Spike knocked on the wooden door, slowly open the door, seeing Pinkie lying down on cerulean colour bed with two large pink pillows next to each other. She looked at Spike, sticking out her tongue towards the male dragon, throwing a cupcake at his forehead, before her head fell back on the pillow.

"Yes, I'm an idiot, I shouldn't have left you at the cafe. I didn't know how to feel when you kiss me, I at first didn't love you, but well... I remember how much you make me smile and laugh, you're amazing. I'm an idiot for not seeing that sooner." Spike said, Pinkie lifted to look at him.

"If didn't love me before, why didn't you say anything?" The Element of Laughter asked, Spike lean on the wall.

"It's mainly because I didn't want to break your heart. You make so many ponies happy, I rather not be the one to make you sad." Spike answered.

"I don't know Spike, I do have feeling for you, but after what you did. I'm not sure if I want to be with you again." Pinkie said, Spike let out a sigh.

"I understand you, when you feel ready we can try it again. Until then, I'll wait for the beautiful pink party pony mare to shine her smile once again." Spike said, Pinkie faced the wall and blushed, slightly smiling at Spike's kind words.

Author's Note:

Alright, Pinkie Pie x Spike, the only ship out of the main six that I somewhat used to thanks to Weekend With The Pies, the rest of the main six however I haven't shipped with Spike since the first Tales of Love story. Meaning fun times ahead, :yay: I decide to finish all these chapters just so it wouldn't be on hiatus or cancelled. Tomorrow I'm heading to a ship that for awhile I had this strange feeling to write a story about, Twilight Sparkle x Spike.

Now I did try and add a comedy part to this chapter seeing it based around Pinkie Pie, I don't know if I did it right or not, I still think my best comedy story is What About Mummy? Where I somehow wrote in the line "Screw The Magic of Friendship" from Fluttershy of all ponies.

But well here's the random picture and the song that the chapter not even based off, just a fair warning, non of the chapters are going to be based off the song that the title is label after, you may ask why would I call the chapter after a song the answer is simple, it's umm.....