• Published 19th Feb 2018
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Rarity and her unusual friend - riicky83



Rarity has made a friend but he's different to a regular pony

  • ...
 0
 345

Diamond and Silk

Waking up Rarity rubbed her head as the rain started to make her hair and tail droop as they got wet, blindly running undercover she didn't realise she ran under a broken wing from the plane that she previously was on, the broken magic engine that she bumped with her flank surprised her as she turned around to see the wreckage as the flames slowly started dying out due to the rain.

Rarity had won a competition to fly a new invention a plane that ran on magic on a trip around Equestria, none of the other ponies that had won the other tickets had turned up as they found out the plane had no pilot but a magic stone programmed to fly the plane, Rarity didn't want to waste the invitation so she stepped on board with no-pony but the entire plane to herself.

Mid-flight the plane had hit a wondering thundercloud which shorted it out causing it to crash on an unknown small forest island that wasn't recorded on any maps, miraculously Rarity survived without a scratch as the magic life bubble that was installed in the plane saved her when the plane crashed.

"Oh dear," Rarity said looking at the wreckage before some noises caught her attention as she turned around to see some eyes looking at her, a Manticore slowly came out of the bushes slobbering as it hadn't eaten in a good while as it eyed up its next prey.

Rarity quickly ran off in the opposite direction as the Manticore took after her "no you don't want to eat me I'm too pretty to be eaten" Rarity said as she ran, she looked back as she ran not noticing the tree that she ran into as she ran into full force knocking her out.

The Manticore think it had won slowed down as it wanted to conserve its remaining energy as it closed in on Rarity not noticing another pair of eyes that were watching, in a flash something moved silently and bit the Manticore and bounced up into the trees as the manticore reacted to the bite.

It wasn't a strong venom but enough of a warning threat as the pain was unbearable making the Manticore run off as it didn't want to face something with venomous fangs, the new creature spat out some webbing and wrapped them around Rarity and moved her to a cave nearby so they were out of the rain.

After a while Rarity came to find out she couldn't move her limbs as she looked around, there was a small crystal that was giving off a little light as well as heat which allowed her to see the webbing around her body.

The webbing wasn't sticky but it was very soft and warm as she used her magic to cut it off her, once free she stood up and looked around seeing the glint of six eyes clustered into one spot looking at her.

The eyes quickly retreated to the roof of the cave and from the new angle she could see eight eyes in total, she used her magic to pick the crystal up to try and see who it was but it was quickly shot down by some sticky webbing.

"Easy" Rarity said "I don't want to hurt you" she broke the webbing off the crystal and made the light a bit brighter, she could now see what it creature was which made her drop the crystal.

It looked like a white pony but it had eight long thin legs with the first two ending in points rather than hoofs, the spot where a tail would be had a spider-like abdomen.

Both of them stepped backwards with the spider-like pony retreating further away at a quick pace, trying her best to be brave she carefully stepped forwards "who are you? you are a pony right?" she asked picking the crystal back up.

She saw his face which looked part frightening due to the spider eyes and the mouth had a vertical zigzag line rather than a usual pony mouth, she could see it was just as scared of her as she was of it "do you have a name?" she asked.

"Webfoot" it replied "my name is Webfoot" as it used it's front legs to try and hide its face, "Rarity" she replied "that was some nice silk you wrapped me in", she tried to make some small talk to reassure that she wasn't going to harm him "I bet with a bit of work you could turn that into threads for a dress.

A loud bolt of thunder crashed outside as the rain became heavier before Rarity's stomach growled, Webfoot turned around "follow me there is food further in" he said scuttling on.

Keeping her guard up she followed him until they reached what looked like an underground farm with fresh fruits and vegetables growing, to the side of the garden was a broken looking building that looked kinda suspicious "what is that place? she asked.

Webfoot sighed "its where I was born" he picked up a fruit from the small tree "years ago some scientist came to this place to conduct some illegal experiments on mixing DNA, a small accident occurred causing an explosion which made the scientists disappear into a portal as their latest test finally worked".

He started eating the fruit as Rarity pick one up to eat "My DNA came from a random pony and several modified Spiders, as I was opening my eyes I saw the portal swallowing the scientists" his eyes closed for a second as he remembered the past.

"I was small like a regular large spider so I hid inside a crack in the wall which kept me safe from the portal until it closed, once it was closed I was able to come out and since then I've been alone in this place, well alone outside of the other inhabitants of this island" he explained.

"Thankfully the farm they left is self-sustaining so I didn't have to worry about food and the cave entrance is guarded by several pheromones machines that drive away unwanted guests", he opened the door to the lab and revealed the first room was a bedroom "its late and you must be tired" he said as he quickly climbed up the wall to a web he had made earlier.

Rarity looked at the beds as she said "thank you" she closed the door behind her, the beds were still in good condition and still clean due to the some of the facilities cleaning functions that were still working.

Deciding to figure out thing tomorrow when the weather has cleared up Rarity climbed into bed and fell asleep, Webfoot looked at the building before sleep took over him and he closed his eight eyes.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment