• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,903 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,903

Page 6

~*~

See, that one was probably a little harder, wasn't it? But you didn't do too bad, getting on to this page so quickly. It was at least faster than I did, when I first heard it. Anyway, did you get the answer, or did you give up?

The answer was loneliness.

If you tell someone you're lonely, it means you're not alone. You can't touch loneliness, but everyone feels loneliness sometimes. The only way to get rid of loneliness is to find someone else to be with, thereby getting rid of both of your loneliness. And when you're alone... it feels like you have nothing. Believe me, I should know. I've been alone for a long while.

But now you're here! And that makes me so happy. The way you answered that last one had me giddy with anticipation, it made me feel really alive for a moment there. I hope you're amused by all this as well, after all, that's what I'm here for! So how about one more riddle, okay? This one might be pretty hard, so think about it carefully before you answer. Remember, appearances can be deceiving. Here we go...


It cannot look up, it can only look down

It is all over everything, but we can never touch it

No matter where we hide, it will look for us

It is both darkness and light, sometimes both at once

It can blush, it can cry, and it can roar if it so chooses

It gave life, and it also gave death

What is it?