• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,903 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,903

Page 58

To whom this may concern,

I write this note having discovered this book on the floor in the back of my library. I was tasked with protecting it by Princess Celestia, working with the pony trapped inside it, and showing her what goodness and peace can be gained through friendship and forgiveness. I had tried using it once before, but it seemed to defy my magic, like it had thrown up a wall, and I couldn't talk to her. She talked to me at first, but that soon stopped and she became aggressive and violent. She didn't understand compassion, and she was just so angry and blind. I put the book away for another day, once I had figured out how to better approach the situation.

Obviously, I failed to do that.

I do not know who found this book, and I can only read what she said to you, but I hope you realize what it is you have done. I'm writing this to you in the book, in case you come back to it for some reason. I'm not sure how, but you showed her the power of friendship and caring in a way I could not, and you made her understand it, in her own way. But you offered her no guidance. You gave her no direction, no help to understand what she had been doing wrong. She seemed to latch onto you, but she didn't even realize the horror of the things she had done. I don't even know if you fully understand the things she has done, and is now about to do.

She was kept here to learn, yes, but also to protect us all from her rash actions and impulses. She would stop at nothing to avenge her brother, and she had figured out so many spells and gained so much magical knowledge, some of which even I don't have. Books that have now sadly been lost to time. She didn't know how much power she was sitting on or what she could do with it. I feel like now she might know. Now she might understand how strong she is, and she's even stronger after speaking to you. She knows the secret to the words. She knows the power to put behind them to make them work. What else could be so strong that you could lasso the moon for s3omeone?

What she'll do now, I don't know. I don't even know where she's gone. But I know she's free, and stronger than ever. You helped her free herself, and she still has revenge on the mind, by what I've read here. I will read over this more thoroughly, see if she has hidden any information here, has given any hints as to what her next move will be. I don't know that I'll find anything here except for riddles and games, and maybe the odd love poem too, to my surprise.

I suspect you don't know the danger you've put us all in by reading this book. And it might be that she never tries to harm you, since she obviously cares for you so deeply. Maybe you even freed her on purpose and you support her in her quest, I don't know. But I do know this:

She is coming for us. She won't be stopped this time. She is free, powerful, angry, and now has something new to protect. You.

In the coming days, I will do what I can. I can already see a deep glow in the eastern sky, where the moon always rises. Maybe she doesn't know that Luna is back with us in Equestria now. Maybe she intends to kill her, destroy the moon itself, kill us all as well, I don't know. What she does will be drastic and violent, I'm sure of that much. Celestia is preparing her forces even now, knowing that she will be a target as well. She is coming for us, and she will kill us if she can. No book can contain her now. Her magic is as great as that of any unicorn. Its source is the most powerful force in existence, after all.

I don't know what will become of us. I don't know if you truly understand who and what she is, what you've unleashed on this world. I just hope that whatever powers and forces there are in this life smile on us, and keep us alive until we can stop her. I have my doubts, but we have to try.

May the powers have mercy on you for what you've done. And on us.

Twilight Sparkle
Princess of Friendship