• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,903 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,903

Page 44

~*~

Please don't hesitate. Are you worried about my past? Please don't worry, I know I was put into this book to learn, and I have. I've learned that what I did was wrong, that I went about things the wrong way. I know where true power lies now. I know what strength really is. You can trust me on that, I've had a long, long time to think about it.

I still have my goal, still have a mission, but I won't make the same mistakes twice. I have regrets about what I did last time, what I lost in the attempt. What others lost. I know better now. I don't have to lose things I care about, I have to fight for them instead. I don't have to basically kill myself with late nights and effort and tears shed and blood lost. No. Others can die instead.

You can trust me. I will never harm you, I will never break a promise to you. And I'll promise to always be a friend, always protect you. I promise you will always have a part of me with you, just as you have given me a part of yourself, in a small way, even if it was just your time. I'm your friend, always. We're friends, aren't we?

You've listened. You've helped.

You'll keep helping me, won't you?