• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,904 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,904

Page 4

~*~

I mentioned we could play together, didn't I? Well, I wasn't lying. I don't have a physical body anymore, so I can't come skip rope with you, or swim in a pond with you, or climb trees. All of those are pretty fun, but I can still play in my own ways, if you're up for a challenge. What do you say?

Back when I was a pony, I really liked riddles too. I was pretty good at them, and I've memorized quite a few so I could retell them to my friends. If you want to play, I'll tell you a riddle, and ask you to guess. Then I'll put the answer on the next page. You can do your best to guess, then you can find out if you're right when you keep reading.

Bet you never thought a book could play games, huh?

Okay, let me think of a good starter one for you.

Hmmmm...

...

OH I've got one! It's an oldie, but depending on how much time has passed, you might never have heard it before! But I bet you'll get it quickly, it's not too hard. Okay, here we go...


What is always a music you feel inside,

but no note do you have to play?

What has a slower tune at night,

than it does during the day?

What notes begin before you are even born,

and continue with your first cry?

What music serenades your birth,

But stops at the moment you die?


...


Have you got it? Do you give up?

Go ahead, I'll write the answer on the next page, so turn it whenever you're ready...