• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,900 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,900

Page 28

~*~

Well, did you like it? I hope you did, I made it just for you. I probably should have spent more time on it, maybe felt out the whole rhythm and made it into a song. As it is, it's just a lot of raw emotions and feelings, piled together into a tower of words. But it's still for you. I can't get you gifts, but this is the best I can do.

Only...

Is this too much? Is this more than is acceptable, considering our usual circumstances? Am I implying or saying more than I actually mean, giving you wrong impressions? Am I grabbing for you so tightly that it's strangling?

Perhaps I should not have written that.

I probably shouldn't have written that.

It's not that I don't mean any of it, it's just... well... I don't have any idea if you even give a damn about me! You could hate me, all this could be annoying or distressing! I just want you to know I care. How much I care. I want you to be able to feel it. Is tha7t too much to ask, or is that unwanted? I can't even tell! If only I could see your face, tell if you were smiling, frowning, drawing away from me and recoiling as if my book is burning you.

You could be reaching out to close the book right now, and I'd never know it.

You could be ready to stop, call it quits. And I wouldn't know until you went silent. Until I went still again.

Please... don't do that to me.

Please don't make me go back to being alone and still and trapped here. Don't leave me screaming without sound, fighting without blows, crying without tears. Please don't force me into this square coffin of paper and glue and string, as if I was already dead! Please don't close this book, I need you. I'm sorry that I do, but this is all I have! Please don't leave me alone, unable to even die for the rest of eternity!!!

I need you.

I can only wish and hope and pray to feel that page turn and know you're there. Until then I'm caught in what feels like an endless moment of doubt. You could be gone right now and I'd never have a clue until I began to grow cold once more.

Are you there?

Please, are you still there?