• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,903 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,903

Page 15

~*~

I don't know about you, but I always liked the feel of nursery rhymes and lullabies. They kind of have this back and forth to them, this up and down. Like being pushed on a swing. With part of a line you go forward, then come back under the power of the next part. Then back out, and back in. The rhyme or rhythm is what pushes you, so the words have their own motion to them, a sort of life. Maybe that's what makes them so memorable.

I... do feel better. Thank you for bearing with me while I recounted that. I feel... a little more composed, more like myself. And I really hope you liked that too. Maybe you feel a little more relaxed as well? I can at least hope so.

You didn't seem to flip the page as if you were panicky at least. That could be an indicator of something I'd suppose.

I admit, I like trying to guess your feelings and motivations. I like trying to imagine what your face is doing with its expressions. Are you smiling? Frowning? Are your lips moving as you read these words, sounding out each syllable I put onto the page? Are you saying it out loud, thereby making my voice into your own? Is your hair dark or light? Are your eyes clear or clouded? Does your voice hang in the air like mist, or drive forcefully like hail? I may never have answers to these questions, but it doesn't stop me from wondering.

I even wonder... if you wonder about me too.