• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,896 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,896

Page 10

~*~

Well, you turned the page, so I guess that means it's okay? You can turn away from this page at any time if you like, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything. But... I don't know. I don't usually have someone to talk to. And... I'd really like to just say something:

I know what it's like to be alone. Given that you're just sitting here, reading, I figure you're alone right now too. And, well, that's kind of sad. N-not that you're sad! Not that I think your life is lacking in some way, or... or...

Let me start over.

I'm glad you're here. I know that, when you're alone, it can feel like you'll always be alone, that there's no way out of it. It's like being trapped underground, trying to claw your way up to the sunlight, and just feeling patch of earth after patch of cold earth under your scraping hooves. It feels endless, and helpless, and terrible. And sometimes, that terrible feeling can turn inward, until the inner parts of your thoughts and feelings feels as dark as it all seems outside. You can start to hate yourself. You can start to feel bad about the way your life is going. You start to think something is wrong with you, that you've done something to deserve this.

I just want to let you know that none of that is true.

No matter what you have done, no one deserves to live their lives in solitude. No one deserves eternal silence, to never feel another's touch or words. You do not deserve to be alone.

I do not deserve to be alone.

So, if you're alone out there, especially if you're alone a lot, and feel the way I described... please don't let it overpower you. Don't let it tell you that you're worthless. You're not. If nothing else... you mean a lot to me right now. I know that probably doesn't help a lot, but right now you're reading. And it matters to me, in my strange little life.

I may be just a book, but you're not alone while you're reading.

I'll stay with you.

But enough of that. I got too serious I think, got too personal. I hope I didn't come across as too intrusive, or presumptuous or harsh or... anything like that. I just think everyone deserves to be told that once in a while. You can only say it to yourself in your own head so many times before you stop believing it.

Here, let me try to make you smile. How about a dancing pony? Or even two? Together, so they don't have to be on their own. I can actually make them move, like I told you before. Watch!

Isn't it nice to have them dance for you? Isn't it nice to be able to almost hold them as your own, in their little box? I may have created them, but they dance for you. I hope they make you smile...

If not, maybe I can try a little harder.