• Published 15th Feb 2018
  • 1,054 Views, 6 Comments

Donut Nights 4: Hearts and Hooves Day Redux - Azure129



Hearts and Hooves Day has come yet again for an eager Luna and Donut Joe. But when the happy couple realizes their dreams for the future might not align, they put their holiday plans on hold to face a difficult truth.

  • ...
0
 6
 1,054

Epilogue: Sweet Dreams

A couple years later...


“I can’t believe you roped me into doing this.”

“Oh, I think you enjoyed being here, Discord. And you played a very important role.”

“Witness to the ceremony.” Discord rolled his eyes. “Celestia, really, you couldn’t have come up with something more original for me to do? I would have killed as the entertainment. Or I could have made a six tier cake and popped out of it. I could have even turned the rings into flaming hula hoops and had an interesting walk with them down the aisle as ring bearer.” He chuckled.

Celestia nudged him and laughed. “Discord, you can show off later. Right now we’re at a wedding.”

“Isn’t it technically over?” He raised an eyebrow. “I mean, you said all the official stuff, they said ‘I do’…”

“It’ll be over when they’re done kissing.” Celestia glanced forward with a light blush.

Donut Joe and Luna were still locked in a deep kiss.

Discord rolled his eyes to the side, blushing lightly. “It’s been almost two minutes—don’t you think we should say something or zap them somewhere private or…”

“No.” Celestia’s smile grew. “Luna still has to throw her bouquet.”

“Ah, got it. Well, that can’t take too long, right?” He shrugged. But then the chaos master blinked and glanced around Celestia’s study—except for the happy couple and Celestia who had officiated the little private ceremony and himself who had acted as witness there was no one else there. “Uh…Celestia?”

“Shh…” she merely whispered, eyes bright, “I think they’re almost done.”

And finally Luna and Donut Joe pulled back with deep breaths, laughing, eyes hazed. Luna had little silver veil over her head while Joe wore a nice tux and a midnight blue tie. And along with a set of real silver rings they each they each had a donut on their horn.

“Luna,” Donut Joe started, finally finding words, “you managed to get a whole entire week off for a honeymoon. Are you sure you don’t want to go somewhere special?”

She came close. “I just want to spend it in the shop with you, helping you bake and take care of customers; being beside you for the days with you and the nights.” Her eyes hazed. “After all, we’ll only have the occasional day at a time to live so closely thanks to our time travel spell. So I’d like to savor as much of our new private arrangement as possible right now when we can live it in real time.”

Donut Joe’s eyes hazed too. “Let’s go then, Luna Love. Our donut shop awaits…” He took her hoof in his.

Luna giggled then glanced to their companions. “Thank you very much, sister and Discord—for your help in our endeavor and for agreeing to keep our matrimony a secret. I think Joe and I will be happier having it be a private part of our lives.”

“Oh, relax: all I did was watch your wedding—it was the least I could do for all the amusing drama your relationship has let me witness.” Discord waved her off but smiled a little.

“Of course, sister. I’m just so happy to be here,” Celestia replied with a smile as she wiped some tears from her eye with her hoof.

Discord raised an eyebrow. “Celestia, are you crying?”

She laughed. “Maybe a little.”

Donut Joe grinned. “You two have a good night. And thanks again for everything. Luna…” He glanced at the bouquet then back to her with a meaningful gleam in his eye.

Luna looked at her bouquet of silver lilies and moonflowers and blinked. “Oh yes, I almost forgot. Catch!” Then she tossed the bouquet over her shoulder.

Naturally, Celestia caught it.

Discord just sighed deeply and put on his best aloof look. “All right, all right—you two crazy kids get out of here already before all this boring formal mush makes me want to chaos this wedding into a blow out house party.”

Laughing, Luna went to power her horn but Donut Joe beat her to it. “Allow me, my lady. I’ve been practicing for months to be able to take us there in one trip. Hold on tight.”

Luna wrapped him up in a vice grip hug with one forearm as Donut Joe just chuckled and finally teleported them away.

There was silence for a moment as Discord and Celestia were left alone.

Then Discord sighed. “So, what do you think you’re going to do with that bouquet you caught, pray tell?” He eyed Celestia with a dull look but a clear blush in his features.

Celestia just shrugged. “Oh, I’m not sure. What do you think I should do with it, Discord?” She eyed him with a cunning grin.

Discord’s eyes widened slightly and he leaned back a little. “I think the first thing you should do is get any funny ideas out of your head.”

Celestia just laughed. “Oh, what, about the old tradition? That the mare who catches the bouquet is the next one to get married? Discord, really…” she gazed at the flowers then set them in a vase on her desk, “I’m afraid I’d need far more than the suggestion of a quaint ritual to marry anypony.I hope I haven’t given you any wrong ideas.” Yet she still grinned.

Discord relaxed a bit but still eyed her. “You are a very confusing mare, Celestia.”

“Or maybe I just like messing with you a little. It is a special occasion after all—the perfect excuse for some romantic teasing,” she replied with a wink.

Discord blinked but then began to grin. “Oh, I see. Well, in that case…you know, Luna and Joe decided to rope us into this little elopement so suddenly that neither of them had time for a bachelor or bachelorette party. And since they’re both busy right now, want to take care of that for them? We could even celebrate together.”

“And where would we go, Discord?” Celestia’s eyes brightened as she raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged casually. “Well, we have to keep a low profile to keep Luna and Joe’s little elopement under wraps. But this castle of yours is crawling with guards and servants, so…I was thinking my place? I’ve re-rigged the booby traps and set up some new ones: we could play Chaos Tag…”

‘Chaos Tag’ was the term they had come up with to describe a little game reminiscent of Celestia’s first visit to Discord’s cottage during which she had chased him around his room trying to talk. Except the game in its current form involved Discord rigging surprise traps all around his house while he and Celestia alternated chasing each other around.

Celestia’s eyes hazed. “And could we have wedding cake afterwards? That six-tier cake you described popping out of sounded interesting.”

“Only if you’re ready for the biggest frosting fight of your life.” He chuckled.

“And can I spend the night?” Celestia added, blushing a little. “Since Luna won’t be here with me at the castle and since it’s already so late?”

“Bunk beds in my room okay?” Discord asked with a blush of his own.

Celestia nodded. “I’d like that.” Then she leaned up and lightly kissed his lips.

Discord beamed for just a moment then his usual smirk returned and he held up his fingers as his lips separated from hers. “Let’s go.” He snapped, and the happy pair disappeared in a burst of magic.


Even after their small wedding and eating fresh donuts in the shop and retiring to Donut Joe’s little room to set Luna up for her week there and to celebrate being married until they fell asleep, Luna and Donut Joe’s time together continued.

They found themselves in a shared dream where they lingered.

They rested on a silver cloud over a lake and under a night sky. And the way the stars and moon reflected on the water made it look like they were fully surrounded by a beautiful cosmos. The smell of fresh donuts somehow filled the air around them as they stayed close to each other. Luna gazed at the moon as Donut Joe gazed at her.

“Mrs. Donut—what are you thinking about?”

She smiled. “Just that the moon looks so much nicer when she is clear. I’ve found constant joy in her again.”

“I’m sure your moon’s happy to have you looking over her again too, Luna.”

“And what are you thinking about, my nocturnal prince?” She glanced at him.

He blushed, smiling more. “How happy you seem right now. How we’ve both changed. And how grateful I am to have you by my side for the rest of our changes.”

Luna giggled. “We art each other’s dream.”

“Yeah,” he nodded, “I guess we are.”

The two held hooves.

Their dream continued peacefully long into the day, and waking only brought them into the same state of bliss but in reality. Luna and Donut Joe, holding each other in Joe’s small bed: an unlikely couple bound together in love.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Sorry this is a little late, I tried my best to get it up for Valentine's Day ^^ Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the conclusion to the Donut Nights storyline :yay: It's been so much fun writing about this couple lol. Thank you all for your patience and support with my writing--I appreciate it as always :twilightsmile: And I hope all of you had a nice holiday!

Take care,

~Azure129

(Also, I'm sorry, I don't have a source for the cover art ^^ I was googling screenshots of Luna and Joe, trying to find one to use, and this gif of Luna in a donut came up. But when I clicked the gif to go to the source, I got brought to a 404 error page with a lot of stuff written in Chinese. So I just took a screenshot from the gif for the cover. But if anyone knows the source please let me know so I can ask the creator for permission :) Thank you!).

Comments ( 6 )

Yay! So glad you updated. It was great as always and I can't wait for the next chapter of MCDE as well as Interesting Nights and KCCO

Looks like Luna found the stallion of her dreams...

Or maybe his dreams.

8738846
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

8758566

Guess who's back, back again...
Woo! Highschool is crazy! (especially when you have to keep your all A streak while being addicted to watching anime and reading light novels and also reading a multitude of other authors while also doing like 3 month long projects every month :applejackconfused:) Your romance and comedy writing is a real nice stress reliever! :rainbowkiss:

I haven't actually read anything yet! Just wanted to show that I'm back again! Going to go ahead and read anything I missed and all your latest chapters and stories before any else. :rainbowdetermined2:

Its been so long since ive actually read anything from fimfiction....or anything internety really...and i am so happy right now! Because now i have a new chapter of MCDE and this to read YAY!

9214072
Aww, yay, I hope you enjoy both!!! (Also thanks for the favorite on this story :raritywink:). I don't have an ETA for when the next chapter of MCDE will be posted, but I'm definitely working on it (and it's got sooooo much :heart: lol). :scootangel:

Login or register to comment