• Published 15th Feb 2018
  • 248 Views, 2 Comments

An Everfree Meet up - st6nbones



a young pony was in the wrong place in the wrong time

  • ...
 2
 248

Chapter 5

Solem Sentinel made his way slowly to the Everfree. He felt pain ripple through his body, but it was nothing to him. He had felt greater pain before, just not physically. Normally his healing would happen quickly, now it was just being slow. Then there was an echoing laughter. He spun around, trying to find the source, but to no avail.

"Is the mighty 'Solem' finally hurt beyond regeneration? Hahahahaha," Came the echo.

"Stop playing games Golden. I know you are here,"

Another round of laughter. Solem was not liking this.

"Actually, I'm not and I'm also not here to cause any harm to anything. Swear on my life," said Golden with a small cackle.

"I'm just here to warn you about some things dealing with theothers.You see, I want to help you and your friend. I know that Ursaus has something planed for the both of you, I just want to see what it's like to switch the sides. What do you say? Don't take too long to answer, I'm already talking to your little friends," he said. Solem knew that this would be beneficial to him. He nodded.

"Pleasure doing bisness with you,"

(Meanwhile with Harmony)

The door opened quickly right after Cinder knocked. There stood Harmony's mother, Dawn, a light blue pegasus with a chocolate brown mane. Her cutie mark was a feather, symbolizing her love for flight.

"Where have you been?" she asked Harmony. Her normally calm tone was filled with worry.

Harmony was about to speak but Cinder interrupted her. "She was out at Everfree Forest."

A muscular pegasus named Thunder Heart with a white coat and dark blue tail trotted to the door. "Everfree?" he said in shock.

"Glitter Harmony, you were in Everfree Forest?!" Dawn exclaimed.

Harmony lowered her head, full of guilt and shame. "I'm sorry."

"Why would you do that? You could've gotten hurt!" Dawn said.

"I heard noises coming from the forest and I wanted to see what it was!"

Thunder Heart clomped his hoof down. "Harmony, go to your room. No more forest exploring. No going to the park. You will study your magic. You'll help your brother clean the house. Now go."

Harmony stared at him. "But, Dad-"

"Go!"

Harmony angrily ran past her parents and made her way to her room. She collapsed on her bed and laid there. Bolt, her older brother, always teased her. They were never going to be able to clean the house without getting in a fight.

"Why don't they ever let me explore!" she cried to herself. "It's not fair! Bolt always gets to explore! Why can't I?!"

"Oh yes, that is how it seems, but you should know that they are just trying to make sure that your inevitable demise doesn't come sooner than it should," said a voice. Shadows danced across the room. The lights dimmed to the point where you can't even tell that they were on.

"Hello child, forgive me for not introducing myself, I am Golden," the voice said.

Harmony popped up. "What? Where... Where are you?" She had too many questions to get out. "Turn the lights back on, it's too d-dark!"

She shook lightly as she pressed herself into the wall. She had always been scared of the dark. Darkness was something she hated. She didn't like that she couldn't see anything. She relied on her eyes the most.

"Don't be scared of the dark. You are speaking to it now. As for where I am, I am right next to you," He said as his eyes gave off a gold glow.

Harmony turned and faced the pair of eyes. "Why are you here?" She swatted at the eyes, trying to make it go away. He chuckled.

"I'm here to make a deal, I guess. You see I know you saw Arson and the one who calls himself 'Solem Sentinel' in the Everfree today," he said amused at the child's antics. "You see, Arson is going to come back and bring more friends, more powerful friends. And you and your village are going to end up in the middle of six titans fighting, and I'm making a gamble that you don't want that,"

Harmony frowned. "I don't want that! I've been in this village for my whole life!"

"Well then, I need your help making it so that way people don't come close to the Everfree and don't start running like headless chickens, so basically, keep the peace,"

"Ok! I'll help! I will do anything to keep this village peaceful!"

"Good. Now I gotta go and get someone," Golden responded as he goes to the window.

Harmony flicked her tail proudly, glad that someone had wanted her help. She yawned sleepily and climbed into her bed. She pulled the blanket up and snuggled under the warmth. Golden looked back at her and chuckled a bit, then he went out the window.

Harmony focused her thoughts into what she might do to help. She might go on a quest. She could explore an unknown forest. With that happy thought, she fell into a deep sleep.