• Published 19th Mar 2018
  • 6,162 Views, 52 Comments

Godzilla: Clash of the Titans - Gojipower12



Godzilla and the Main Six are in for a loop when a three-headed space monster arrives to Equestria with a thirst for destruction.

  • ...
1
 52
 6,162

Chapter 10

Onix leaned back on the pilot’s seat, crossing his arms behind his head. Letting out a deep sigh, the stallion opened a small compartment and took out a worn and slightly grainy photo of a smiling unicorn couple with a filly. The small family all wore a smile on their face, which in return brought a small smile on the former sergeant's face. As Onix kept longingly staring at the photo in his hooves, he didn't notice Twilight standing in the entrance.

"What are you looking at?" She asked with genuine curiosity. Onix let out a soft sigh before putting the photo back into the compartment before turning to the lavender alicorn.

"Nothing important." Onix replied. "Shouldn't you be going over some battle plan with your friends or something?"

"Celestia believes its best to call for additional support. I came to ask if you would fly us to the Crystal Empire."

Onix let out a loud huff as he rolled his eyes at the alicorn's statement.

"I think that's the most intelligent thing Celestia has ever said on this journey. Still, I honestly wonder what you see in Celestia. It can't be the fancy galas, that for sure." Onix said in a deadpan tone.

"Well, I for one really want to know what your problem with Celestia is. She may have ordered your imprisonment and closed that program you probably worked hard for, but let's be completely honest here: it’s your own fault your program was shut down and you were sent to jail!" Twilight exclaimed, earning a slightly shocked expression from Onix.

"I've been working on that program for a long time. I knew that with my technology, we could keep Equestria better protected from those giant monsters. Especially that lizard! If I was able to prove my program worked by killing the lizard, I would...."

"Get fame and fortune and become a great hero by slaying a innocent creature that just so happened to be twice the size of a dragon....?" Twilight asked with a frustrated tone.

"Why do you keep defending that big-ass iguana like if it was some treasured family dog? It's a TITAN. All Titans are just mindless and bloodthirsty monsters! Three of them just proved that today!" Onix exclaimed in frustration. "If my program were still on, then nopony would have to fear being attacked by a Titan like that damn lizard anymore!"

Twilight stood up, struggling to keep herself from exploding with anger. She turned to face Onix with a hardened glare.

"That lizard is far more than some mindless beast. Godzilla has demonstrated a great amount of intelligence, kindness, and extreme loyalty we have never seen in other Titans. Back in Appaloosa, I saw how he looked at you. He definitely recognized you. You and I both knew that he could've easily enacted vengeance and killed you. But he didn’t, did he?” Twilight stated in a matter-of-fact tone. “I can’t think of any logical reason to kill Godzilla. He’s never harmed any-”

“HIS KIND MURDERED MY FAMILY!”

Twilight took a couple of steps back as she stared at the sergeant with a equally shocked expression. Her anger completely disappeared as she looked at Onix with a more somber expression. Onix sighed as he calmed down a bit, giving the alicorn a hard look.

“...... I was six, maybe seven when it happened. It was a rainy night. Me and my folks were relaxing in our house, having a nice dinner until the ground shook. Before I knew it, we heard this.... terrible roar. At first, we thought it was a dragon so we ran out of the house to escape. Before I knew what had happened next, blue fire struck the ground and I was sent flying by the force of the explosion. I somehow managed to get back on my hooves after that. I don’t know how or why, but I survived. My parents... were not so lucky.” Onix explained, earning a distraught look from the alicorn princess.

“I looked up and saw this massive mountain-sized creature staring at me. And then, it left. Since that day, I realized Titans are just bloodthirsty monsters. Every last one of them! Especially that damn lizard!”

“Onix, I... I didn’t know.... I’m so sorry... But you can’t blame Godzilla for the sins of his own kind. I can’t say the same for the rest of his species, but he’s really not like them.”

“How do you know that?”

“You weren’t the only one who lost your parents to monsters. I found Godzilla’s egg one night and brought it to Fluttershy. Since then, she raised Godzilla as if he was her own child. Godzilla is an intelligent creature that learns from his surroundings. Because of Fluttershy, Godzilla learned how to be kind, like her. I get that you’re angry, but Godzilla’s not to blame for what happened to your parents. Give him a chance.”

Onix looked at Twilight, opening his mouth to speak right before Applejack suddenly rushed into the cockpit in a panic.

“Applejack? What’s wrong?” Twilight asked.

“No time for explanation, Twilight! We got ourselves a mighty big problem!” Applejack replied in a almost panicked tone. Onix and Twilight followed the farm pony to the ship’s main control room where everyone was staring at the window.

“What’s going on...?” Twilight asked. She noticed a heavily shaking Fluttershy slowly point her trembling hoof to the window.

“H-H-H-Him....” The pegasus stammered. Twilight and Onix turned their attention to the window and nearly screamed at what they saw. Ghidorah had tore apart a large cloud, screeching with anger as the Titan barrelled towards the ship. It was apparent he’d been following the ship since the group escaped from his clutches back on the island.

“EVERYONE, DEFENSIVE POSITIONS! ALL HOOVES ON DECK!!” Onix yelled, running to the pilot’s seat.

SKREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGH!!!” Ghidorah screeched, snapping one of his jaws at the ship’s rear engines.

“OH SWEET FAUST, LET US LIVE! LET US LIVE!” Rarity exclaimed, immediately beginning to panic as she frantically strapped herself to one of the passenger seats. Onix grabbed hold of the controls and banked to the right, narrowly dodging another snap from Ghidorah's jaws.

"SKREEEEEEAAAARRRGHHH!!!!" Ghidorah shrieked with frustration. His necks began to glow with intense golden light as he opened his jaws, firing another volley of gravity beams at the ship. Onix pressed down on the handle, forcing the ship to take a nosedive and dodge one of the lightning beams.

"Man, Ghidorah must really hate us!" Rainbow exclaimed. Ghidorah kept firing gravity beams at the airship, forcing Onix to constantly swerve the ship in different directions to keep the beams from striking the ship. One of Ghidorah’s gravity beams managed to blast away the right engine, sending the ship careening towards the ocean below.

“AH, SHIT!” Onix screamed. “HOLD ON, EVERYPONY! THIS IS GONNA BE A REALLY BUMPY RIDE!!”

Onix pulled the steering handle back as hard as he could, uttering out a strained yell as it took all of his might to keep the ship from smashing into the water. The airship finally managed to gain altitude before hitting the water, skimming right over the surface of the ocean. Ghidorah hovered right above the ship, grabbing hold of the transport with his talons.

“He’s got a hold of the ship!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Not this again!” Fluttershy yelped. Ghidorah snarled as his center head peering into the front-view window and glared at the ponies inside. Rarity and Fluttershy immediately fainted from sheer terror while the rest of the group huddled together with fear. The center head snarled as it opened its jaws, illuminating his throat with golden light.

"Oh shit...!" Onix gasped, closing his eyes as he anxiously awaited certain death.

"SKREEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGK!!!!!"

The ocean seemed to explode as Godzilla lunged out of the water and grabbed hold of Ghidorah's center head and forcibly dragged the Titan into the water, causing Ghidorah to release his grip on the ship and send it sprawling into the water. The ship's engines finally died out, leaving the ship stranded on the water.

"That was...." Fluttershy spoke out, unable to finish her sentence as she witnessed Godzilla and Ghidorah shoot out of the water in a vicious brawl. Godzilla kept dragging Ghidorah into the water, violently slashing and biting at the Titan's necks while the golden Titan frantically clawed at the saurian in return. Ghidorah screeched in dismay as he was pulled underwater by Godzilla, violently thrashing around in the water. Both Titans were wildly ripping into each other in a vicious close-quarters brawl. Ghidorah whacked Godzilla in the face with his twin tails, forcing the saurian to back up as trails of blood seeped out from newly-opened wounds caused by Ghidorah's spiny tails. Ghidorah tried to escape the watery depths and fly out multiple times, only to be pulled back down by Godzilla each time. With a shrill shriek, Ghidorah slashed Godzilla in the face with his talons before swimming to the surface, making a beeline for the ship.

"GHIDORAH'S COMING BACK!" Rainbow yelled. Ghidorah's right head lunged at the ship, only for Godzilla to bite down on it and drag the head back into the water along with the rest of Ghidorah's body. The two Titans ferociously duked it out in the water for another few moments before Ghidorah finally had enough and constricted his heads around Godzilla and leaped out of the water, hauling the saurian towards a nearby island and dropping him on the sand. Godzilla snarled as his dorsal spines ignited with their blue light as he prepared to fire a atomic blast at Ghidorah. However, the golden Titan pinned the saurian down, clamping all three of his jaws on Godzilla's neck. Godzilla screeched in pain as Ghidorah began literally sucking the life out of him. Godzilla began to feel his energy quickly fading and the light of his dorsal spines ebbing. Ghidorah was draining the saurian Titan's energy and he immediately sensed it. Godzilla struggled to break free from the dragon's grip, but he was growing weaker by the second.

"SKRRROOOONNGK!" Godzilla cried out. Twilight and the rest of the ponies opened a hatch that led to the roof of the airship, climbing to the front of the ship as they began to witness what was going down.

"What's Ghidorah doing to Godzilla?!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"He's siphoning his energy! How is that even possible!?" Twilight exclaimed as well, watching the sight before her with horror. Godzilla screeched in pain, snarling in frustration as he tried to gather enough energy. Godzilla's spines began to weakly glow with blue light, flickering with low intensity as the spines transferred the power to Godzilla's body. Ghidorah's left head released its grip on Godzilla's body as it began to quizzically gawk at the now glowing saurian. Before anyone could figure out what was going on, Godzilla ushered a loud roar as he expelled a powerful nuclear pulse from his body, sending Ghidorah sprawling into the air. Celestia quickly formed a shield around herself and everypony, blocking the group from the brunt of the blast. Ghidorah shrieked in confusion and frustration, deciding it was best to leave the area and get to business. With a flap of his wings, Ghidorah took off into the sky and once again disappeared into the clouds. Godzilla, on the other hand, had expelled the rest of the little energy he had left to repel Ghidorah and finally collapsed on the sandy ground, now too weak to even stand on his feet. Using her magic, Twilight levitated the damaged ship to the island and ushered everyone to disembark the damaged transport. Fluttershy approached the downed saurian, feeling like her heart just shattered into a million pieces.

"No...."