• Published 3rd Mar 2018
  • 1,336 Views, 11 Comments

Future for Princess Starlight Glimmer - ninjintonic



Starlight faces newer challenges that she has never been taught by her mentor, Twilight Sparkle. As destiny awaits her, she will have to face it alone.

  • ...
6
 11
 1,336

Chapter 1: Wow, I don't know what to say.

Chapter 1: Wow, I don't know what to say.

Twilight ended her beautiful singing of honoring Starlight Glimmer to prepare for her newly blessed gift, both the alicorn and the mare were in a purple-spacious realm. They were standing on empty space with the use of Twilight's magic to define gravity. This was quite unusual for Starlight in terms of time traveling, this was well beyond her expectation. Clueless what to expect next, it made her confused more. There was no harm in it, but the puzzled mare is known to dwell on events that are unexplainable.

Twilight's song for her was a preparation of her long-awaited speech for Starlight. The alicorn proudly grinned and approached her prized student. She gently raised her student's muzzle with her hoof, and said, "Starlight Glimmer... You are ready.."

The soft spoken words made the confused student comprehend what she really meant. Ready for what? Is she ready to find a stallion of her dreams? Is she ready to study a deeper meaning of friendship? Is she ready to leave the castle? Starlight's anxiety rises as her thoughts continue to linger. The worried mare took a big gulp, and replied, "I.. I'm not sure I know what you mean, Twilight.."
Twilight chuckled lightly. She finds her student cute, but even cuter when she's clueless. Twilight preserved the same expression, "Starlight... You've come this far as my student to reach the goal you've been trying to achieve for the longest time."

Starlight still preserved her confused expression, "Uhh... I still don't get it.."

Twilight's grin slowly turned into a doleful look, "From here, you are no longer my student..."

Starlight gasped. She couldn't believe what her teacher is saying. Moments came rushing through her head thinking what she'd done wrong to be rejected as a student of friendship, but she couldn't think of any reasons. Except for the time when she stole all the cutie marks from a small village, but it was an old manifesto, which Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 had forgiven her anyway. Why? What could she have done to deserve such a thing? Starlight's eyes began to gloss with tears.

Twilight continued, "You're a princess now..."

Starlight's eyes widened, "Huh?!"

Twilight chuckled, "You're so cute Starlight. These are the things I always adore about you. But hey... We all have to move on at some point, you can't be my student forever."

Starlight gasped in overwhelming amazement. She had no idea, well, she did, but not this soon anyway. This big news made her heart raise, and let out tears of joy. She wasn't sure what to say, but thanking her teacher for all she had done was a start. Starlight instinctively jumped towards her teacher for a squeezing hug. As they were both intact for a good length of time, Starlight finally liberated herself, wiping the tears from her eyes, "Am I really?"
Twilight nodded with a grin. She silently urged Starlight to a step back from where she presently stood so she can channel her special spell that only an Alicorn, like herself, can use. "This may feel weird at first, but just go with the flow." Her horn slowly began to form a luminous spark. She took another glance smile at her student, "I haven't use this kind of magic before, I've been waiting for this day to come, I'm so excited!"

Starlight raised one eyebrow, worried what result might come of it, "So... Merely, I'm your test subject..."
"I was going to say Guinea Pig." Jokingly remarked by Twilight.
"It's not funny."
"Oh c'mon, you worry too much. Besides, I'm your teacher. Well... I was before... But I think you may safely trust a good deal more than any pony else on this planet.."
Starlight let out a fake cough to fill in the pause, then Twilight continued, "Oh umm, of course you have Trixie, Maud, and Thorax and all, but.."
Starlight interrupted, "Umm, I think I heard enough."
Twilight took a serious glance at her student, and nodded with agreement, "Right."

Twilight's horn illuminated an even greater spark of magic, shaking the ground beneath their hooves. The spark shot out from her horn, fixating at her student, and caused her body to levitate at a higher point. Magical beam of light radiantly shun out in multiple directions from Starlight's body, blinding Twilight in the process for five seconds. It was beautiful. As five seconds lapsed, Starlight's body slowly descended, and landed at the same area from where she was last standing. Her appearance haven't changed much, but she felt one thing different. She gained an extremity that she now allows herself to voluntarily control. She took a couple of seconds to get herself accustomed to her new condition, and finally spanned her wings. The ascended student gasped with joy at her newly blessed gift from her teacher, "Oh Twilight.. Um.. I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything." Twilight responded, "I'm just proud to see my student shine in front of my eyes."

Starlight's eyes began to gloss with tears, happy as she is, she couldn't think of any word to say but Thank You.

Twilight smiled. When Starlight's formation has now finally ended, the space around them began to morph in spiral motion between the two alicorns, causing to burst in explosion like the big bang from space. After a fracture of a second, the speed of teleportation brought them back one peace: The Cutie Map Room inside of Twilight's Castle. Spike was startled as he was mopping the castle floor, seeing two alicorns appear right in front of his eyes. Spike took a second or two to finally realize he wasn't seeing double visions. As it finally sunk in, he rushed, and jumped in with a hug towards Starlight with an act of wonderment. With Spike's hug still intact, "Congratulations, Starlight!"

Starlight returned the hug, "Thanks, Spike. If it wasn't for the greatest teacher ever, I wouldn't become the pony I am today."

Twilight's happy tears streamed down her face after hearing such nice words. With that, she pulled both Starlight and Spike in for a squeezing hug. "I love you both so much!"

Spike's face turned red and replied with a croaky voice, "Me too, I'll have to say the same for Starlight because your literally taking us both to squish city..."

"Oh... Sorry." Twilight released her bear hug from the two as she realized that she was suffocating the life out of them. Twilight wiped her tears from her face. "Now, the next thing we gotta plan is... Your Coronation!" Twilight let out a very wide, gleeful smile.

Starlight is indeed very proud of herself as chosen to become a princess, but something struck her at that very moment. Sure, she was happy when she finally got her new pair of wings, but now a crush sense of paranoia made her think of what may come next, merely because she doesn't want to make the same past mistakes. Multiple scenarios rushed through her head about the 'what ifs' and the 'should haves' rather than thinking about something positive for once, especially at a time like this.

Twilight preserved the same expression of a smile, "Uh, Starlight? You okay? You haven't said anything for the last five seconds or so."

Spike merged in with an answer, teasing Starlight, "eh, she's probably to excited to say anything. Right Starlight?"

Starlight snapped into reality from her deep thought, "Oh... Yes! I can't wait!" Letting out a nervous laughter, "But uhh... Aren't I supposed to learn how to fly first?"

"Flying is easy. You'll learn it quick, I promise." Twilight reassured.

"Yeah right.. This is coming from some pony who took almost a month to perfect flying." Spike whispered to Starlight, "This goes without saying how much bruises and bumps I got."

"I heard that!" Twilight pouted and stomped her hoof.

"Well uhhh Anyway... I'm going to continue mopping here. Don't mind me." Spike picked up the mop, sauntered away towards the castle hall, and continued his unfinished chore.

Twilight trotted towards her seat by the cutie map table, and began gathering a bunch of invitation cards, documents, and folders in order from left to right. The new alicorn moved in close, peering with an eyebrow raised, curious as to what Twilight is doing, "Ummm, so... What are you doing now?"

"Preparing invitations for your coronation of course." Twilight had said while humming a familiar melody.

"Riigghhtt...." Starlight wasn't enthused of the idea, and the more Twilight blurts out the word coronation, isn't really helping with her anxiety level.

Starlight spent most of her time studying under Twilight right after her event of reformation. She had redeemed herself without a doubt, quite an overachiever as well, just like the teacher herself. She made plenty of friends since then, helped almost every pony, and even saved Equestria. She was busy doing lots of good things, but unlikely to stop and think of what her future will become, which may happen tomorrow or the next moon. Will her life be the same? Will she be able to still enjoy kite flying with Maud, goofing around with Trixie, and broaden her magic studies with Sunburst? "It's too late now...". As her thoughts lingered, none of that should flare her concerns, but a part of her is still apprehensive about this whole new life, and it's really scaring her.

"Ummm..." Starlight let out a nervous laughter, "Do you really have to start that now? I mean it's almost past midnight..."

"Do you even know me at all?" Twilight continued listing names on a notepad with a quill, "There are lots and lots of things to prepare! This is big!"

"Uhh, okay?.." Starlight used her magic to grab a seat next to her teacher, "This doesn't have to be such a miraculous event, ya know.."

Twilight paused from listing the fourth name on her notepad, and glanced at her student with both eyebrows raised, "If Pinkie was here to hear what you just said, I swear... you'll never hear the end of it..."

"Right, but don't you think I should prepare first?"

"Prepare what, Starlight?..."

"Ya know... to be more like a princess and stuff.."

Twilight raises an eyebrow, "Princess and stuff.... What do you mean?..."

Starlight sighed, "Politeness, Mannerism, food etiquette... Just like the other princesses.."

Twilight leered, "And you're saying I'm not all those things?!"

Starlight clarified, "Uh no of course I didn't..."

Twilight's expression slowly formed into a grin, "Oh Starlight, you're so gullible." She then continued listing the names on her notepad.

Starlight exhaled in relief, "So... Are we just going to skip all the preliminaries? 'cause you and I both know that this will take time."

Twilight paused again from listing the names on her notepad, suspiciously observing her former student. "Is everything alright, Starlight?" Twilight sensed something off about her. Starlight tried to bounce back a reply to undo the obvious implications, and her only way to remedy it was a nervous laughter.

"I'll truly be honest with you... This is all happening too fast."

"It's ok, Starlight!" Twilight let out a cheerful tone, "I know this is too much to take in... I used to be like you, I felt the same kind of emotions your experiencing. That'll all mend away, I promise."

"Really?"

"Of course! Just be grateful for what you accomplished."

"Awright..." Starlight said with an approval tone.

Maybe she's right. Starlight is exaggerating on the issue a little too much, blinded from her own inner ego, yet never giving a chance to experience the good things that may come from being a princess. Twilight closed her notebook, hid her quill away, and yawned loudly, "Perhaps you're right. Alicorn magic can wear a pony out. I may have to continue this tomorrow."

Starlight looked at the nearest table clock, and couldn't agree more. To her relief, it's indeed a good way to end the night, for now at least. Till then, both alicorns got up from their seats, wished each other good night before they trotted the opposite directions to their bedrooms.


Couple of days later...

Another great sunny day at Ponyville, despite the fact that it was routinely scheduled for a rainy day. Through Twilight's request from Rainbow Dash, it has to be a sunny day. Equestria is going to have another princess. So early in the morning, Twilight made a double check, a triple check, maybe even a quadruple check of the entire castle before the beginning of the coronation. Pinkie Pie and Rarity are decorating the castle floors with velvet carpets, wall curtains, and displaying multiple castle banners within the castle grounds of an art of Starlight's cutie mark. Apple Jack has been in Twilight's castle all night preparing the banquet, and Flutter Shy made sure her birds get plenty of moments rest so her birds can chirp and sing the right notes without a hint of exhaustion from all the intense practicing they have been doing for the last couple of days. Already, some ponies of Ponyville had begun to camp around Twilight's castle. The royal guards were also there to make sure things don't get out of hand. Twilight wants to make everything perfect for her beloved student, and it's exactly what she's doing.

"How's Starlight?" Twilight assertively asked Spike while inspecting the side castle wall from the outside.

Spike sighed, "She's in her room, Twilight... How many times you have to ask me... SHE'S OKAY!"

"Hey! I've only asked you four times, besides, you do know what happens during coronation day, do ya'?"

"Uhh.. No?.."

"Ugh!... Do you ever listen?!"

"Ummm..."

"Coronation day is the day where all ponies of Equestria are gathered around to celebrate the ceremony of the new princess..."

"Uhh... I already know that Twilight.. I'm not stupid.."

Twilight paused, then blankly stared at the baby dragon, and continued, "It's also the day that could attract danger."

Spike replied earnestly, "Oh.. Ok."

Twilight trotted along, Spike followed, she continued surveying the corners of the castle, "Other than trying to make this day perfect for Starlight, she's like my little sister. So it's kind of my natural instinct to be a little protective."

"So... Where are you going to send her off to."

Twilight stopped for a moment, brooded about the idea of where she'll be sending her off to.

"Twilight?... Don't tell me you haven't thought this through again like that time when you were teased by Discord about not having a speech prepared for her when she saved us all from the Changeling Queen."

Twilight continue to brood, "No, Spike.. It's not that. I was so busy with other things, and never stopped to think about the 'what ifs'."

"I'm sure she'll be fine. She's very strong willed." Spike reassured, "She learned from the best!"

"Thanks, Spike."

Spike continued, "Seriously though.. Before, she was a mean, time-controlling brat who you couldn't stop and..."

Twilight interrupts, "Okay Spike, I already said Thanks... That was supposed to be your cue to stop talking."

Spike sighed, "Can I say one more thing?.."

Twilight giving a deadpan look, never showed emotion until she gave Spike another chance to speak. Spike cleared his throat, "Not all that matters anymore compared to how she is now, reformed to be one of the most sweetest, caring pony of Equestria, and is now a princess of...."

Twilight waits in expectation for Spike to finish his sentence.

"Princess of..." Spike didn't have that much difficult time saying the right title for Starlight since the time he almost confessed his crush towards Rarity.

One of Twilight's royal guards showed up behind them to update her the status of the preparedness for the ceremony. "Your Highness, everything seems to be in working order. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are here, and they're in the castle waiting for you."

"Really?!" Twilight blissfully smiled, "We'll be inside."

The pegasus guard bowed, and flew back to his post in front of the castle entrance.

Twilight and Spike began trotting their way towards the entrance of the castle. Spike reinitialized the question of where she's going to be sending Starlight off to, "So?.... You still haven't answered my question."

Twilight sighed, "Germaney..."

"Germaney!?" Spike was startled by the idea, "But that's so far!"

"Spike.. I already made my decision."

"Are you crazy?!"

"What? Coming from someone who says she's strong willed? What's gotten into you?"

Spike humphed, and crossed his arms, "... Whatever..."

"It was a hard decision. But I'm only doing what's best for her and the ponies of Germaney."

"So... How are you going to tell her?"

Twilight sighed, "One step at a time, Spike... One step at a time..."


Couple of hours later, hundreds of ponies gathered around inside of Twilight's castle, awaiting for the main event. Only a couple of minutes remaining until Princess Twilight finally announces her speech. All of the princesses are seated at their corresponding thrones; Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Princess Flurry Heart, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and a vacant throne just to her left respectively for Princess Starlight Glimmer. All of the princesses exchanged nods and glances as a cue for Twilight to ready her speech at the present moment. She got up from her throne, and trotted forward in front of hundreds of ponies from above the royal balcony. She took a deep breath, and smiled. "We are gathered here today in celebrate of a momentous occasion, my most faithful student, Starlight Glimmer, a pony who has done many extraordinary things. She lived in my castle to learn about friendship, and has now ascended to a newer level: Redemption. Through her, she had helped many ponies, most importantly has turned evil onto good and saved Equestria from the Changeling Queen. She created new magic, proving without a doubt she is ready to be crowned Equestria's princess. Fillies and gentle colts, may I present, Princess Starlight Glimmer."

The entrance door of the castle then opened, showing Starlight Glimmer in a beautiful, sparkling dress that Rarity had spent many days to perfect. It was a traditional dress as old as time. She slowly trotted down the velvet carpet, followed by a choir of ponies singing the traditional song, and Flutter Shy's birds we're chirping and singing in harmonized tunes. As she continually walked down the carpet, Twilight notices her student's facial expression. Twilight let out a teething grin towards Starlight as a sign of protest to put up a smile on her face and not frown while walking down the carpet. Starlight seeing this, she then finally relinquished a smile. When she got to the end, she walked up to the balcony, and faced hundreds of ponies from above.

Twilight whispered to her student, "Do you have something to say? Say it now. Oh! Don't forget to say how great your mentor is, eh?" Twilight chuckled.

The crowd's volume began to diminish, waiting in expectation for Starlight's speech. She took a deep breath, "I really don't know what to say... But if I do have to say one thing, I would like to thank Twilight and her friends for showing me the better life than what I was used to. If it not from them, I wouldn't be standing here in front of you today..." Her tone was somewhat monotonous and dull. She didn't really have to say anything, but a speech is a speech, and it came from the new Princess, Princess Starlight Glimmer.

Princess Celestia got up from her throne, holding Starlight's crown with her magic, and trotted closer to Starlight to place the crown upon on her head. But before placing the crown, Starlight took a couple of steps back, refraining herself. This action brought Princess Celestia in a state of puzzlement, and to all of the ponies around her. "Is everything alright, Starlight Glimmer?" Princess Celestia questioned.

Starlight was hesitant to respond, paused and looked at her surroundings with a haunting expression written all over her face. Thinking she could tolerate the whole event from start to finish, but at this point, she failed. Her voice let out a quiver, "I uhhh... I'm sorry... I have to go." She abruptly galloped down the stairs of the balcony, dropping the crown in the process. She hastily galloped her way out of the castle exit as fast as she could, bringing unison of gasps from the crowd.

"Starlight! Wait! Where are you going?!" Twilight shouted. Twilight removed her dress so that she may acquire more speed of movement to catch up with Starlight, "I gotta go get her, something is up.."

"We'll go with you." Princess Celestia added.

"No. I can handle this, I'll be right back, princesses." Twilight flew fast towards the castle exit, making an attempt of an effort to catch up with Starlight.

Comments ( 11 )

To be honest, the concept seems very interesting yet this first chapter felt rushed, like you wanted too much to happen in it. Furthermore the grammar and structure are also a little off. I suggest getting a proof-reader or something to help you. In any case, I wish you luck.

Good start hope you will update soon

8772243
Yep, stay tuned ^^

Since when did Starlight ascend to an alicorn!?

8773096
Have you read the story?

8773511 Not yet, but I looked at the coverart.

8773665
Fan made cover art.

I wonder if that's what she will look like if (and when) it happens.

Rarity mentioned that you become an alicorn for some Princess worthy deed. The way Starlight is racking them up, it's only a matter of time.

They also did say one of the reasons Starswirl never became an alicorn is because he didn't understand friendship. I think Starlight knows it very well now.

8773669 I finished reading the chapter. So far, I couldn’t find any errors, but I’ve got a strong hunch that anyone who’s going to ascend won’t be able to use their heightened magical power except when they’re not around anyone. Luna’s out of touch, what with still regaining her magic. Twilight’s gonna be busy taking care of the future replacement capital of Equestria. Celestia can’t fight her way out a paper bag without somepony holding the paper bag and Cadence just has her hooves tied with Flurry Heart and the Crystal Empire... and doing the horizontal with Shining Armor every weekend.

On a side note, Starlight here might be too occupied with sauerkraut and Germane’s equivalent of the autobahn or something like that.

8773683
I actually think Starlight would hate being sent far away, like she is in this story. It would mean leaving all the friends she has made ( Spike, Mane 6, Maud, Sunburst, Trixie).

When will this story be updated

Germaney. Yeah as if they haven't had enough dictators there.

Login or register to comment