• Published 9th Feb 2018
  • 2,195 Views, 51 Comments

NOW KISS!: A Tale of Trixie and the Shipping of Starburst - Amethyst_Dawn



Trixie knows that Starlight is somewhat oblivious to a few things, but this?!

  • ...
4
 51
 2,195

BONUS

"TWIIIIIILIIIIII-HII-HII-HIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

It was close to Midnight as the panicked shout echoed through the castle of Friendship and into the palace library, where the sudden sound of it caused the pony for whom it was meant to jump from her chair, dropping her book. She ran to the door, forcing it open with her magic just in time for a blue blur to rush in, and disappear behind a large futon. Twilight's face dropped into one of concern as she closed the door, barely noticing a steadily growing light leaking in from the window.

"Trixie?" She asked nervously, walking towards the couch. "What happened?" The unicorn was huddled in the fetal position, holding a lock of her mane in her teeth as her eyes stared into the distance with a look of pure terror

"It's... S-S-Starlight!" She whispered. "I'm scared, Twilight. Very very scared."

"Starlight?" Twilight stepped back, looking towards the window as the light grew even brighter. "What's wrong with her? What's happening?"

Trixie jutted a hoof towards the window as a faint beat started to sound in the distance.. "The light! Beware of the light!"

Twilight was now thoroughly perplexed. "The sunrise? I thought I just stayed up all night again..." The color drained from her face as she raced to the window. "Is Starlight raising the sun?!"

"No," Trixie shuddered. "Worse, it's a lot worse!"

"I don't get it, did something go wrong?" She shook her head, and rubbed her ear with a hoof. "And where's that singing coming from?"

"Everything went perfectly, Twilight..." Trixie muttered. "I think that's the problem..."

Twilight turned back to the window, now utterly confused, insatiably curious and a little scared. She watched as what she originally thought was the sun reached the top of the hill on the other side of Ponyville, before descending down the other side. A chorus of mare's voices now unmistakable as the bright light inched ever closer to the Castle of Friendship.

"What..." Twilight held her hoof up to her eyes, protecting them from the light as she summoned a pair of sunglasses. "What is that?"

Trixie's voice rose in volume as she found herself needing to shout in order to be heard over the chorus. "That is apparently what happens when Starlight kisses a colt!" Twilight put on the shaded lenses, and focused on the source of the blinding magic. Her eyes went wide at what she saw in the center... Starlight Glimmer herself.

Starlight was glowing a vibrant yellow, as if she was a crystal pony that swallowed a thousand fireflies. She pranced in perfect tune with the music as her hooves struck the ground in sync with the beats, her dopey grin threatening to swallow her face as she skipped and swayed. Her eyes glowed with a bright pink hue, and her horn let out a constant stream of similarly colored magic that took the form of several hearts as it trailed behind her like the smoke of a locomotive. Each of the hearts grew a mouth once they were big enough, revealing the source of the constant singing as up to four at a time floated into the air before popping like bubbles.

Twilight slowly closed the blinds as she stepped back, her expression once again unreadable.

"Trixie?"

"Y-yes, Princess?"

"We did this?"

"... yes, Princess."

"..."

"..."

"Trixie?"

"Yeah?"

"Hold me?"

"Of course, Twilight. We did this together, we die together."

Author's Note:

Y'all know the drill by now. :rainbowlaugh:

Comments ( 14 )

LOLOLOL
Did not see that coming.

Now that was the best shipping outcome I have ever read.

Well that escalated quickly and in a very unexpected way.

Hah! I knew you couldn’t resist that adorable face of Woona!

:rainbowderp: Well, that happened.

Um. ok. Seems cute.

Just kind of put off by the fact that this is featured in the "Trilight" group... and the fact that some people are saying that Trixie (female) has a crush on Starlight (female)... Hopefully they meant Sunburst...?

:unsuresweetie:

(Please PM me. I'm feeling confused and I'm worried about what I do understand (mainly in the comments))

8847276
I have absolutely no idea why it's in that group. People will do what they want, I suppose. :facehoof:

8847282

Ok. Thanks.

Sorry to bother you :ajsleepy:

8847286
It's no bother, thank you for the heads-up!
Hopefully I can get this cleared up with said group soon. :twilightsmile:

Best Ending Eva!!!! I think there's a Trixie shipper inside all of us:trollestia:

9136580
I did, but that's only because I like the series.

I'm surprised that it wasn't Candace doing here.

YES! LOL!! MAGNIFICENT ENDING!!! :pinkiegasp: :rainbowlaugh: :yay:
I always enjoy a good twist, and this was perfect! Thank You!

Oh shit here we go again, grab these to survive:
Hard Helmets
Kevlar Armor
Sun Glasses
Head phones/corks
And a Hugging Partner

Login or register to comment