• Published 9th Feb 2018
  • 1,736 Views, 2 Comments

The Life of the Alicorn Sisters - Rakoon1



This is the story about the lives of the three alicorn sisters and how they ended up driving apart.

  • ...
 2
 1,736

The Vanishment of the Crystal Empire

The news that Sombra had been able to conquer the Crystal Empire worried the alicorn sisters a lot. After the fall of the Light Kingdom, those were the worse news they could get as now the Pony World was now even more inclined to Chaos.

After Orion took Rose Quartz to a guess room so she could rest, Celestia and Luna started discuss what to do regarding Sombra. However, their opinions regarding what to do couldn’t be more different.

“We have to act now” Luna replied. “We can’t let Sombra get his way with the Crystal Empire and having the crystal ponies as slaves.”

“And we won’t, but we can’t forget that Sombra may have dark ponies guarding the streets and the castle” Celestia said. “We need to gather an army. Don’t forget that he created an army of dark ponies to invade the Light Kingdom.”

“And that’s why we have to act now” Luna replied back. “We owe that to Princess Aurora and the Generals. Besides, we can certainly deal with dark ponies easily and I’m certain Sombra doesn’t stand a chance again our combined power. He is just a cockroach that can’t do anything without the help of his dear master.”

“I believe you’re underestimating Sombra, Luna. Have you forgot what happened with Discord? We can’t make the same mistake again. The all Pony World is counting on us.”

“You’re right about that, but that’s why we have to go after him now when he least expect and with everything we have. You know I’m right, Celestia.”

Celestia hated when Luna tried to make her pass over her reasoning and was successful.

“Okay, but I’ll make sure we have access to the Elements of Harmony” Celestia replied. “They are the strongest magic that we have.”

“It’s fine by me” Luna replied.

So the two got ready, wearing armors with Celestia holding a spear and Luna holding a sword, and flew all the way to the Crystal Empire, landing some distance away. They start observing the empire, noticing the dark ponies guarding the outskirts, while others watched over the enslaved crystal ponies.

“It’s a horrible scene…” Celestia commented. “Poor crystal ponies… How can a pony do this to others?”

“Sombra is evil, sister” Luna replied. “And also a coward… Walled up in his fortress like it were a tomb, while his dark abominations guard him.”

“In a way, I think it was good that we left our forces back home” Celestia said, while looking around. “With all these dark crystal, it would be hard for our earth pony and unicorn guards to advance and I bet he has ways to deal with pegasus as well. We will have to deal with those dark ponies ourselves. If we purify their star seeds as we pass by, they will turn back into normal ponies again.”

But Luna didn’t seem too much interested in the dark ponies or in any of her explanations, but, even so, Celestia continued:

“We only need a window of attack. He can’t hold his ground against both of us. And, with the Elements, we shall dispose of him.”

“And what if they don’t?” Luna asked.

That question caused Celestia to frown and then she asked:

“Why would they fail?”

“Hypothetically speaking…” Luna added.

“Well, hypothetically speaking, we’re prepared just in case” Celestia replied, holding her spear.

That caused Luna to chuckle and then said, with a small smile:

“Indeed. He doesn’t know what forces he is tampering with. Let us not delay his end any further.”

And she took flight. Celestia took a few seconds to do the same, as she noticed that her sister looked weird. However, she thought that was due to the fact they were facing the one pony that led to the fall of the Light Kingdom and the disappearance of Princess Aurora and her Generals of Order.

The two alicorns advanced towards the empire, while channeling directly the powers of their star seeds, purifying the dark ponies and returning them to normal. So they arrived to the castle and get in throne one of the windows, joining then their horns together to create a blast against King Sombra, what created a smokescreen.

While hoovering at the air, Luna asked:

“Is that it?”

But, suddenly, using a platform of dark crystal, Sombra erected in the air, holding a scythe made of dark crystal, and hit Celestia, while giving a wicked look to Luna. He charged her with a dark beam and he princess of the sun fell hard on the floor.

A light appeared and blasted the platform where he was and Celestia and Sombra crushed their weapons. While getting up, Luna noticed the broken pieces of crystal falling on her and used the sword to defend herself, defending then a blow from Sombra coming from above. The shock caused them both to move back a few hooves.

However, Luna soon took flight and she and Celestia started an attack from both ways, but Sombra, using his dark magic, made shadow tentacles appear and protect him, while covering the two sisters and turning into crystal. Celestia, nevertheless, managed to get free and tried an attack on Sombra who turn into shadow and disappeared, causing the princess of the sun to hit the ground with her spear.

“Show yourself, you coward!” she yelled.

But the only answer she got was his evil laugh.

“Have you sunken too much in your master’s darkness to be able to face me?” Celestia asked. “Well, I think I shouldn’t be asking that having in count what you did both to the Light Kingdom and the Crystal Empire.”

She then felt his presence behind and was quick to defend herself from his scythe with the spear, but after that blow she managed to stab him in the chest, being not to harm him but to prevent him from turning into shadow.

“It’s over, Sombra” the alicorn princess said. “Yield!”

But the dark king just laughed, with the dark magic passing through his eyes and horn, and said:

“So… much… hatred!”

And he tried to attack Celestia with the scythe, forcing her to retreat. Sombra then said, while passing towards her:

“You speak of cowardice? Your dear Aurora was a bigger coward than I can possibly be… sitting in a throne while having all those Generals serving as shields and preferring to die instead of facing me. Did you know it was because of her that I became who I am?”

With anger overflowing Celestia for everything Sombra said, she attacked and the two of them shared more blows, with Celestia yelling:

“I don’t care what dark paths you’ve made! I don’t care if you have the help of the Lord of Chaos himself! You will fail and pay for all of your crimes!”

“It appears that even the Lord of Order’s favorites lack purity in their hearts” Sombra commented, still while exchanging blows with Celestia. “I can taste your wrath… and it is delicious!"

Trigged by Sombra’s words, Celestia shouted:

SILENCE, YOU CUR!

And she casted a powerful beam of solar beam. Sombra, however, turned into shadow again and dodge, with the beam hitting the crystal that was holding Luna, and he advanced to Celestia and covered her.

The crystal holding Luna cracked, what caused her to wake up. She then looked to where her sister should be, but saw nothing but shadows. The princess of the night knew she was is trouble.

Surrounded by darkness, Celestia said:

“Show yourself!”

She then heard movement and saw a figure that looked like Luna nearby, standing to a window where the night sky could be seen.

“Oh, sister… it’s you” Celestia said, relieved. “Thank goodness…”

But then, something caused Celestia’s face be invaded by shock and despair, while she said with her eyes being invaded by mist of dark magic:

“No… Luna… please… Sister… it doesn’t need to be like this. LUNA!

In reality, Celestia was lying on the floor, completely under Sombra’s influence, living her worst fear. Before that, he prepared to end her, but, before he can do that, a shadow sword hits him, disappearing after making contact. Sombra, recovering from the blow, looked back and saw Luna, now free from the crystal, landing while waving her sword and summoning more of the shadow swords.

The two shared intense looks and then Luna shot her shadow swords which Sombra defended with a crystal wall, throwing it against Luna who cut it in half with her sword, advancing then. The two adversaries crashed their weapons, starting a brief confrontation that ended with Luna sending Sombra back. He then said:

“Relentless… Why such lengths to protect your petty imperialistic interests?”

“You’re a fool, if you think that’s what I’m trying to protect” Luna replied.

Having said that, Luna used a spell to accelerate her speed and made some attacks on Sombra, leaving some damages, but, eventually, he managed to catch her and subdue her, making her sword land at some distance away.

“I already faced Heartbeat’s swift nature and you’re not at her level” the unicorn king told to the alicorn princess.

He then noticed her eyes and realized she was using her magic. He looked up and then saw it: a bigger shadow sword falling over him. With quick reflexes, Sombra dodged the shadow sword. With the two of them taking their time to stare each other while taking their breath, Luna and Sombra healed their respective wounds. Then Luna tried to take her sword, but Sombra made it disappear and summoned crystals around Luna, creating a cage for her.

“Release me now” Luna demanded.

Sombra chuckled and then replied:

“In due time. I was curious to know the Lord of Chaos’ interest in you. But then again, after seeing how your sister fears you, I guess I don’t have to theorize the reason.”

“She doesn’t fear me” Luna responded.

Approaching Luna, always chuckling, Sombra said:

“You’re not the first sister that she fears. You shall see that before long. Do you think she honestly understands the night and all its glory? Not even that Lord of Order of yours values it, as he only sees it only as a way to balance the day.”

“Do not pretend that you do in turn” Luna replied.

“Oh, I understand perfectly” Sombra answered. “You find me a tyrant, and yet the best kind of slave is one who is willing.”

With rage bubbling, Luna shouted:

SILENCE!

And she unleashed a powerful wave of magic that, despite being able to shake the crystal holding her, wasn’t able to free her. Still with his cocky smile, Sombra replied:

“You can deny my warnings as you wish. It won’t change your fate. If I was able to force Princess Aurora to freeze the Light Kingdom and all the light ponies, tell me what can two little princesses do against me?”

“Save your breath” Luna said, giving a smirk to Sombra.

“Even if by some miracle you were to defeat me, you will only fall to your sister’s will” Sombra told. “It has been always like that, isn’t it? She is always the one getting the glory, while you just ask for the others to notice you. I, for one, find that pathetic.”

Luna could feel her anger and her hate being provoked.

“Silence…”

“Would not make sense for us to stand together, strong and powerful?”

“We would rather take our own lives than submit to you or your master” Luna said.

“Submit?” Sombra repeated. “Just like you did to your sister?”

That caused Luna to remain silent, as Sombra continued saying:

“I admire your resolve. You’re strong, unlike your sister. Far more fit to rule than her and far more deserving of respect. You have the opportunity now to take her place. Together, we can show everyone what it is to fear the night.”

There was a pause, where Luna had her head down. It was then that she said:

“You’re a fool…”

And, stomping her hooves, she unleased her magic in a way that broke the crystal, with her eyes full of fury shining with her magical aura. She was ready to fight.

“So be it” Sombra said, smiling.

And he turned into shadow and the two advanced to face each other. But that shock ended with Luna falling in the floor in the same state as Celestia, but being able to still be conscious.

“Such a shame…” Sombra said.

Luna painted heavily, while trying to fight Sombra’s magic. But then she stopped and started laughing manically, much to Sombra’s confusion. The princess of the night got up and started advancing, with her face covered by darkness, while saying:

“You think you’ve found an ally in darkness? Do you even comprehend the gift your master gave you? The same gift I was born with?”

And she let light illuminate her face, revealing eyes with slit pupils.

“Where do you think the shadows go to hide from the precious light?” Luna continued, while continuing advancing and getting Sombra’s scythe. “Just who do you think stands against them? What you possess can’t even compare to their might, the same one that I stand unyielding against each and every night.”

Sombra could feel the negative aura and power that Luna was emanating and that really scared him.

“Stay back!” he shouted, while charging his horn with dark magic.

He attacked, but Luna blocked the attack with great ease and she continued:

“You’re nothing compared to them… You’re nothing compared to ME!

And she prepared to attack him, but then she heard movement. It was Celestia that had been able to free herself from Sombra’s influence and was starting to get up.

“Sister…” she said.

Taking advantage of that distraction, Sombra attacked Luna again. When she noticed that, it was too late for her to even create a defense. However, Celestia appeared just in time to protect her sister with a protective barrier.

“Are you okay, Luna?” Celestia asked.

“Yes…” she replied. “Thank you, sister.”

“Well, let’s go” Celestia said. “It’s time to end this, once and for all.”

She rose up in the air and Luna followed her exemple. They then summoned the Elements of Harmony and made them circle them in a way that created a glowing rainbow circle. Seeing that, and knowing what happened with Discord, Sombra attacked the two princesses, but is attack was quickly nullified by the power of the elements. Knowing he would be able to defeat them, Sombra said to them:

“You may win this battle, but you can be sure that you won’t save the Crystal Empire and I will return to claim what’s mine!”

Celestia and Luna ignored him and, with their eyes glowing with the power of the elements, they joined the tip of their horns and shot a rainbow beam against Sombra. It hit him and the dark king screamed in agony, as the elements sent him away, opening a rift right in the Artic North and throwing him there, closing it soon after. The two sisters ended the magic and landed, smiling at each other, happy that they defeated Sombra, avenging Princess Aurora.

But, suddenly, the ground started shaking.

“What’s happening?” Luna asked.

“I don’t know” Celestia replied.

There was a flash a light that blinded Celestia and Luna for a few moments, with them shielding each other, and, when everything was over, they couldn’t believe what had just happened. The Crystal Empire had disappeared, along with the crystal ponies. The only ones that continued there were the alicorn sisters and the dark ponies they were able to reverse.

“But… what happened?” Luna asked. “Where’s the Crystal Empire… and the crystal ponies?”

Celestia looked around and, despite not knowing what happened, one thing was certain to her.

“Looks like Sombra was able to still curse the Crystal Empire and all its inhabitants” she said.

She noticed something, hidden in the snow. Celestia took it and saw that it was a crystal, the only physical evidence of the existence of the Crystal Empire.

“He was right” Celestia said. “We may have won the battle, but we didn’t save the Crystal Empire.”

Seeing that scene through one of his mirros was the Lord of Chaos, sitting on his throne.

“So right you are, dear Celestia” he said. “Sombra had already cursed the Crystal Empire to disappear in case he ever got defeated. I have to said that was the best plan I ever made. But the best part is that Sombra was able to plant the seed that will allow me to unbalance Equestria.”

And he laught maniacally, while he looked to none other than Luna.

Author's Note:

The battle between the alicorn sisters and Sombra is based on the video "Fall of the Crystal Empire", belonging to SFS Animation