• Published 13th Feb 2018
  • 784 Views, 5 Comments

Death’s Plea Bargain. - Jaycren

  • ...
3
 5
 784

Required Testimony

Chrysalis sat within the safety of the relay station. Eyes closed, sorting through the information from the code books. Any looking upon her would see a Thestral that had found an out of the way place for a daytime nap. They would see Nobody. Inside her head was a different story.

"You done moping?" Devil's Choice groused

"Shush Devil, I'm sorting."

"No, you are Moping, you have your orders. You know what he needs you to do. Why is it hard?"

Chrysalis snarled. "I am Queen Chrysalis, I am going along with your master because he fascinates me and because he has delivered on every promise so far!"

Unbowed and Unafraid Devil shot back, "So, answer the question, why is going to meet Cadance and crew such a deal? Is the Big Bad Queen Chrysalis guilty?"

"NO, Yes, I'm not sure. I owe her a debt. I owe her a wedding day. What I had to do I did for my species. I would do it a thousand times over." Chrysalis sighed. "I wanted things to be different. Amore and I used to be friends. Damn that Sombra when he broke her. I had a deal with her. The Changelings were her last ditch security, we guarded the Crystal Heart. That's why Sombra was able to take over. He did so from the inside. By the time I could do anything there was nothing to do."

"Did you try any other way with Cadence?"

"I'm able to sense emotions. The Poor Girl was raised on tales Celestia told her about the monster she trapped in an active volcano. Another case of ponies leaping in before asking any questions. The kidnapping was not planned, Cadance got scared, damn Amore for keeping our agreement secret, when I saw Cadance's fear and hatred, I watched all hope of my people vanish. We were starving, 10 years was the maximum. So I gave her a time out in the caves. Damn fool Princesses. It was why I knew nothing of Twilight's relation to any of it. I had to keep Armor wound up tight and weak or the whole thing would turn to dust, along with us. After that, the hatred all was on me, any peaceful solution was gone. Even Twilight wouldn't have given me a chance."

She smiled, "Then along came Spike and made a friend of Thorax. I let it happen. Thorax was a rouge, he couldn't be traced back to the hive. He no longer knew where it was. I could've killed him, but I wanted to see where it'd lead. I couldn't wait however, my next brood where on their way and I had to provide. This time I slipped to far into my starvation induced madness, and fell to mania upon it's relief. Thorax had already been claimed as king for the hive and then Glimmer made that naive offer. I almost took it. Then looking behind her, I saw, that of the rest, only Twilight would have been willing to accept any contrition. All the rest looked to me with revulsion. And you've already figured out the rest."

"Still haven't answered the Question, Your Majesty. Why's it so hard to meet Princess Cadance and her entourage?"

Rounding on Devil, Chrysalis snapped. "What'd you want me to say? That she looks so much like Amore that Cadence hating me hurts. She reminds me so much of Amore that her hatred actually burns against my skin. That after Starswirl accidental created me, Amore was the only one I was able to call a friend, even conditionally. That she reminds me so much of that amazing Mare that I want to crawl and die whenever she looks at me with those poisonously hateful eyes. That Princess Celestia ruined any chance I might've had with connecting to the ONLY PEICE OF AMORE I HAVE LEFT!!!!!" Chrysalis sank to the ground, sobbing. Devil wrapped his arms around the Changeling Queen holding her.

"There, you needed to get that out. I know I'm only a mental reflection of the King on the Iron Throne, but he wouldn't want you to poison yourself with that anymore. Trust in your King, he's more cunning then you'd ever know and he's been instituting the Judgement of the Dead a long time. He'll deliver as promised. Now, in order for the wrongs to be made right and what was divided by idiocy be brought together you have to go lie to a barely legal Alicorn, her husband, their two friends, the one friend's brother and the other friend's crazy marefriend, getting them to go to the Ponyville hospital."

Chrysalis laughed. "Yeah, Glimmer's nuts. But I like that about her."

With that Devil retreated back into her mind and a Thestral opened her eyes.

Lt. Nobody's Business rose and made her way to the arrival area. Her eyes glowing green for a second, she had two Pegasus prepare a chariot, destination Ponyvile Hospital. Soon, she saw the incoming chariot from the crystal empire. Within a moment the passengers disembarked and Lt Business intercepted them.

"Your Highnesses I took the liberty of preparing a chariot for all to be taken directly to Ponyville General. I wills see that your luggage is ready in your usual room and the other's luggage will be in the closest guest rooms, please this way."

"Thank you Lt. you have made the Night Guard proud." Cadance replied.

"Just doing my duty ma'am," Lt. Business said to the departing chariot, all rushing to the ailing Drake.

Turning, Nobody saw a Tall Unicorn, bearing a cane, walking unchallenged towards her, he looked familiar.

Bowing dramatically with his hand outstretched he introduced himself. "I am Onyx Nightshade, King on the Iron Throne, Bearer of the Barbed Wire Crown and Court of the Last Mortal Resolve and I was wondering, Queen Chrysalis, would you care to enslave an castle's worth of minds with me?"

Taking the Proffered hand, Chrysalis blushed and replied, "Why yes, I most assuredly would."

Author's Note:

Thus the end of this tale for now. Thus the ending will be known and all revealed in Death's Final Verdict

Comments ( 1 )

Huh, there's more backstory to that. I hope they manage to solve that too.

... Nobody's Business, it's like some parents choose their kids' names just to fuck with them.

Login or register to comment