• Published 6th Feb 2018
  • 844 Views, 16 Comments

A Star that Falls to Canterlot City - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends tried to find a ghost, but find Falling Star's human counterpart with a huge problem.

  • ...
4
 16
 844

Chapter 7: Trouble Needs Fixing

In Sun's bedroom, Falling Star is staying under the covers. She hasn't left the room in some time. In fact, she hasn't been feeling well at the time. Sun walks into the room along with Screwball to see how she is doing. The two girls sit on the bed to see Falling Star under the covers, and looks like she isn't awake yet.

Screwball asks, "Falling Star, are you okay? You haven't come out of Sun's room for three days."

Falling Star lifts the covers to see two of her hosts. But something seems to be wrong with her. She looks very weak and tired. In other words, she looks completely drained.

"Falling Star, are you feeling alright?" Sun asks with concern.

"Yeah. You don't look so good," Screwball adds feeling very worried.

Falling Star sighs as she shakes her head, and answers, "I… I don't feel good at all. I feel that I've lost a lot of my energy."

Falling Star then lays her head back on the pillow and is feeling very drowsy. Sun and Screwball look at each other, and think the situation is very serious. Just then, the door opens and Eris comes into the room. She looks so see Sun and Screwball are worried about Falling Star. Eris has a bowl of chicken noodle soup for the girl suck under the covers.

Eris asks, "How is our guest is feeling?"

"She doesn't seem to be doing well, Aunt Eris. Something is terrible wrong," Sun answers, worriedly.

Eris puts the bowl down, and says, "Well, maybe it will be a good idea that our guest have something to eat. Also, your dad wants you down stairs."

"How come?" Sun asks.

"He said that he needs your help with something," Eris answers.

Sun nods her head, and answers, "Okay."

Sun gets up from the bed and head out to see what her had needs. After Sun is gone, Eris and Screwball slowly pulls the covers to see how Falling Star is feeling.

"Are you hungry, sweetie," Eris asks.

Falling Star opens her eyes, and quietly says, "A… a little."

"That's good, cause I have a bowl of chicken noodle soup with your name on it," Eris answers with glee.

Falling Star slowly gets up and decide to try eati, since she hasn't feel like eating much for the past few days. Eris and Screwball are glad that Falling Star is able to eat something.

Downstairs in the living room, Sun is shocked to hear what her dad, Discord want Sun to help him with.

"A ghost… at the school?!" Sun asks with a stunned expression on her face.

"I know it sounds hard to believe, but all of this is true," Discord says, feeling a bit skeptical about the details.

"When was this going on?" Sun asks.

"According Principal Celestia, it happened a few days more alike over a week ago. There has been strange going on from the school. Papers being misplaced, lockers unexpectedly opened, and desks being moved. But so far, the past few days, it has becomes destructive. The security has been seeing a strange figure that gives off a dark blue aura. None of us have any idea what it is or what it wants," Discord explains.

Sun asks looking concern, "But what does this have to do with me?"

Discord scratches the back of his head feeling a bit concerned about the detail, and explains, "Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna believed that this could be a magic related problem like the ones we faced before. So she wants you and all your friends to see the creature for yourselves, and try to figure out how to stop it."

Sun is shocked to hear what her dad is saying. The principals of her school are trusting her and her friends to go into the school at night to find out what is causing the destruction of the school. She is also wondering what this 'ghost' is doing in CHS and why.

Sun says, "I'll see if I can talk to my friends and if they can help us with this problem. But first, I need to talk to Twilight. Falling Star isn't the only one who has been behaving strangely."

"Really?" Discord questionably asks.

"Yes. And… I think I know why," Sun sadly answers.

Sometime later, Sun is at the front door of Twilight's house. She decides that it's time to have a heart to heart talk with Twilight. Sun knocks the door, and hopes someone answers. The door opens to reveal a woman that has light gray skin, light blue eyes, and white and light purple striped snort hair. She is wearing a white shirt with three dark purple five pointed stars in the middle, dark blue skinny jeans, and black slip on shoes.

Sun recognizes the woman, and politely says, "Hello Ms. Velvet, how are you doing today?"

"I'm doing fine, Sun. but please, just call me Velvet," Velvet says.

Then Sun asks, "Do you know if Twilight's home today?"

"She's upstairs in her room. I can take you up there," Ms. Velvet answers.

Sun smiles and replies, "Thank you."

Twilight Velvet leads Sun inside and are going to see Twilight Sparkle who is in her room.

In her bedroom, Twilight Sparkle is simply reading one of her Daring Do books. She shows a sad look on her face, and looks at the picture of her friends. She feels bad for not wanting to be with them for a few days.

Just then Twilight hears a knock on the door and hears her mom says, "Twilight, your friend Sun is here for a visit."

Hearing Sun sighs is making her feel worried. However, she knows that she can't avoid Sun or her friends forever.

Twilight calmly says, "Okay."

Twilight walks over to the door and opens to see Sun and her mom.

Sun waves her hand and asks, "Hey Twilight, how are you feeling?"

"Good. I guess," wilight answers, but not in a good way.

"Velvet, is it alright if I talk to Sun… alone?" Sun asks.

"Of course. Do either of you like a snack?" Ms. Velvet replies.

"No thank," The two teens answer the same time.

Ms. Velvet closes the door and leave the two girls to talk. Twilight saldy sighs and walks over to sit on her bed. Sun simply follows her and sits next to her. The two sit quiet for a short amount of time, and are not sure who should speak up first.

Sun decides to break the silence, and asks, "Twilight are you feeling alright?"

"Of course, I am. Why would you say that?" Twilight nervously replies.

"Well I can give you a few reasons. One, ever since you starting admitting a purple aura, you were scared stiff. Second, you also been avoiding me and the girls for the past four days. And finally, I've noticed that you've been acting strange since the Friendship Games," Sun firmly explains.

Twilight shows a sad look and turns her head away from Sun. she then wraps herself with her arms and begin to shivers. Observing the situation, Sun is right about her suspicions.

Sun tries to be calm about it as she asks, "Twilight, is… that what's been bothering you. Are you… afraid that Midnight Sparkle is going to com back? Also… are you afraid about you being exposed to Equestrian magic?"

Twilight doesn't say a word, except turn her face around and fear of facing Sun. Sun sighs sadly, and can tell that is the problem.

Twilight turns around to face Sun with tears coming out of her eyes, and admits, "It's true. I'm… I am afraid that Midnight Sparkle will come back and take control over me."

"Wanna tell me what happened?" Sun asks.

"It happened three days after the Friendship Games. I've been having terrible nightmares, about Midnight Sparkle coming back and try to take control over me. Then the past few weeks, I've been feeling that she's been watching me, and waitin for the right moment to get me," Twilight explains, shedding a few tears.

She then says, "And what's worse is that I'm the reason why she was hre to begin with. The reason why both here and Equestria nearly got merged together, just because I wanted to learn magic."

Twilight then begins to cry, and wipe the tears from her face. Sun can tell that Twilight is very unhappy about what happened to her. In fact, she understand what it's like being in a situation that has been too difficult to ask for help or to talk to. Sun then hugs Twilight to give her some reassurance. Twilight then hugs her back as she still continue to cry. The two let go, and Twilight is able to stop shedding tears.

Sun asks with a calm smile, "I'm guessing you've been itching to get that off your chest."

Twilight simply nods her head in reply.

"Twilight, I can understand why you've been feeling that way and feared about talking to us about it," Sun reponds.

"But… how do you know?" Twilight asks.

"Let's just say, I've been in some situation that is too hard for me to talk to, but I learned that it's not good to keep things quiet or try to run away from it. Plus, what happened at the games and with Midnight Sparkle wasn't your fault. Principal Cinch and your classmates pressured you into releasing the magic to win for Crystal Prep. And dealing with being threatened, pressured, and confused made it worse on you," Sun explains.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asks with a confused look.

Sun sighs and explains, "Magic can sometimes tell how you feel, and sometimes comes out with more than what they're capable of. It happened to me too, but I didn't got fully consumed by it."

"Oh!" Twilight replies with a straight look.

"The best thing to do is to try not to let it happen get to you. Plus, you can also talk to Adagio and the others about it. They also know what it's like to have magic consuming them with their negative emotions," Sun says.

Twilight smiles, and says, "Thanks. I take your word for it."

Sun smiles and glad that she can help Twilight with her problem.

Then she mutters, "If only I can help help with two more problems."

"Why do you say that," A familiar voice asks.

The to girls look down to see Spike walking up to them from the floor.

Sun smiles and says, "Hey Spike! I was wondering where you are."

"I was just sleeping in my bed, until I heard Twilight cry," Spike answers as he stretches.

Then he asks, "I'm guessing Twilight told you about your problem."

"Yes, yes I did. But it's still going to take some time to fully get over it," Twilight answers.

"Fair enough. So what are the two problems?" Spike asks as she jumps on the bed.

Sun helps him up as she explains, "For one, Falling Star hasn't been feeling well. And two, my dad along with Principal Celestia needs our help to find a strange ghost that's been attacking a school.

Twilight eyes widen and shockley asks, "A ghost? Is that what responsible for the vandalism at the school lately?"

"Yes. I believe so," Sun answers.

Then Spike asks, "And what's going on with Falling Star?"

"I honestly don't know. She refused to tell me where she lived or what happened. And a few days ago, she becomes spooked when he saw Adagio," Sun explains.

"Why?" Twilight asks.

"I don't know. But I do know that something is bothering her, and we need to help her," Sun answers.

Sun sighs and says, "And she really needs help. For some reason, she so weak and tired, like a lot of her energy are being drained away. It's making her unable to eat much and hardly been able to get out of bed."

"Oh my!" Twilight replies with wide eyes.

"Yeah. I'm very worried about her. But whatever happened to her, it's making it hard for her to talk about it," Sun sadly says.

"That doesn't sound too good," Spike replies.

Sun shakes her head, and says, "No it's not."

"What do we do?" Twilight asks.

"I need to contact the others and we can meet at my house to talk about the ghost problem at the school. I'll be sure to tell them about what happened to Falling Star while we're there," Sun answers.

Sun brings out her cellphone and begin texting all of her friends. She also mention that Twilight will be joining them too.

Back at Sun's house, the large group of friends are in Sun's living room to talk about the two situation they need to deal with. Sun has explain to them about the ghost situations the school, and everyone, excluding Twilight are hocked about it.

"Wait an apple pickin minute! There is some kind of supernatural spirit in the school!" Applejack shouts in dismay.

"Is that the reason why our school has been experiencing vandalism?" Rarity asks.

"According to dad, it seems like it," Sun answers.

Fluttershy shivers nervously, and says, "That sounds terrible."

"And spooky!" Pinkie adds in an eerie way.

Rainbow scratches her head, and skeptical says, "I don't know. A ghost sound a bit strange, and usually ghost aren't that rea. Plus, how do we know that this is a magic issue?"

"Well, after what happend at your fall formal, the musical showcase, and at the Friendship Games. I think magic seems to be coming at the school lately," Sonata bluntly says.

Aria rolls her eyes, and says, "Yeah. It's like magic has been drawn to Canterlot High like it's a magnet or something."

Then Adagio asks, "How was Falling Star, and do you have any idea why she was so scared of me?"

"I don't know, but she seems to be getting worse," Sun sadly answers.

"So we have two problems and we have no idea how to fix them," Rainbow replies.

"Seems like it," Twilight agrees.

Then Aria asks, "So what is the plan anyway."

Sun then begins to explain the girls their plan about their ghost mystery. Since the school is big, they need to split up and find the ghost or any clues at different part of the school.

In Sun's bedroom, Falling Star is laying in bed, and it seems she is feeling worse than before. Falling Star is sleeping and still trapped in her nightmares. The dark blue aura begins t surround her body again, and it seems to be getting stronger. Since she is alone in the room and too weak to talk, she can call for help or say anything. Falling Star feels like something in her is ready to snap. There is nothing Falling Star can do.

Author's Note:

Next time, is going to be ghost hunting.