• Published 16th Apr 2018
  • 379 Views, 0 Comments

Equestrian/Griffon War: Season 1 Episode 1 - BlackFeather



Months after the start of the war between Equestria and the Griffon Empire Twilight and her friends must move fast to put the finishing touches on her own personal army.

  • ...
 0
 379

chapter 2

Chapter 2

Four hours earlier

The Legionaries stopped their pace and relaxed for a good minute or two before they set out again. They had been marching for two days and Ponyville was another half day away. With a little more push, they could be there within the next three hours but then the men would be exhausted. Colonial Windger of the Vector Brigade of the third Griffon Legionnaire army had walked up to the hill not thirty yards away and used his spyglass to scout ahead.

Through said glass he saw towards the north burning smoke and knew it was Iron Wing’s work. to the west on a mountain side he saw Cantor lot, the Equestrian Capitol. To the south, he saw Ponyville, his target and home of the Traitor who helped the Princess of Friendship in retrieving the Elements of Hierarchy or whatever is was. He was to cause disrupting acts in the south to keep Princess Twilight focused on them and not Iron Wing. He had free rein to do whatever he thought necessary to do so.

“Colonial sir” Windger looked to his side and saw his lieutenant, Gorgan. An able bodied and trustworthy Griffon if there ever was one. “The men are ready to proceed with marching sir”

“I think we shall make for the northeast side of the Everfree forest and make camp there” Windger said with an alluring voice.

“Why not engage the town now and cause the Princess some trouble” Gorgan asked.

“I want to know how strong the militia is before anything. They have trained soldiers training them and that is an issue”

"So what is your proposal” Gorgan asked.

“Send in squads S1 and G3, have them cause panic and then tell them to fall back here on the southern side of the Everfree forest”

"yes sir” Gorgan left to rally the said squads.

The way squad designation worked in the Vector Brigade was that scout teams were identified with an S, a Guard squad with a G, an Assault with A, and Ravagers with R. that and numbers differed up the squads in that category. Scouts were agile and quick and good at getting info and caused harassment to the enemy. The Guards gave a bit of muscle and were trained to stay awake for two days straight for long night hours of guard duty. The Assault Teams were good at attacking in ranks and good for sieges against enemy forts or castles. Ravagers were only told to kill and make it look bad. If the enemy could fear a Ravager than they had done their work. a Ravagers offense was on point and his defense was even pointier.

Windger would not give the Equestrians the fear that Iron Wing probably used already so he would wait and see. He had a good five hundred and fifty Legionnaires in his Brigade and he would use then swiftly and efficiently.

“Sir I send the squads forward to the town, they will arrive in a few hours” Gorgan said.

“Good, well then let’s continue forward ourselves. Forward Men” Windger yelled his order to his Brigade and they all began marching.