• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 4,856 Views, 56 Comments

Keys of Harmony - BioQuillFiction



It's 2012 and god gives me a new life and I'm reborn as a pony with all my human memories. And I mean re born, out of the womb kind of reborn.

  • ...
19
 56
 4,856

Hollow: Part 2

The next day was a half day. Another one of many Equestrian Holidays. This one is called Beaver Give Thanks Day, or this world's version of Groundhogs day. Though, rather than seeing a shadow the beavers all chop wood to replace the wood partly ruined over winter for their dams.

Ponies would mainly go to watch or help. It’s not celebrated in Canterlot but here in Ponyville they do it. When I came home Scotch was reading over a letter. I sighed a tired, but relatively happy sigh. “Hey dear, something good come in for you?” I asked as I hung up my coat, giving it a caring pat before turning back to my shy husband.

“No. Well, sorta. It’s from Zeke’s wives. It says he woke up after becoming this realms Admin, and now about twenty people and he are sharing their body.” Scotch informed.

At that, what little happiness the kids gave me during class today, left me. A frown appeared across my face as my eyes turned sad. “Is that so…”

“Yes. It said they are all going to be going to each of their worlds to wrap up business before anything, then it says they will better figure how to co-exist as they are. Wow… I always figured Zeke as the one with potential for power… but becoming the heart of all worlds and everything… AND an admin like Cript… Someone up there must have liked him.” He said, placing the note down before grabbing their saddlebags and giving me a kiss. “Sale on some rare herbs, gonna nab some for dinner. Be back later.” With that they were gone and I was left looking at the letter.

“Someone up there like him…. More like curse him… and I did nothing to help.” I said, not even bothering to read the letter, leaving it on the table as I went to make chocolate pancakes and blend it in a smoothie with Palpu.

I admit… I have Palpu addiction. With that in hand I sat on the couch and drank it, Oath and Oblivion suddenly summoning themselves… and casting the Confetti and Fireworks spells… even my X-blade was doing it… “Alright you … three… I get it, Kingdom Hearts is whole and with Zeke… now why are you celebrating….” I said, honestly trying to fight off depression.

”You kidding!? This is the first time our maker has EVER walked among with us!

”Plus, this means older brother’s prediction will come true!” Oath them proceed to squeal like a fangirl meeting her favorite boy band member.

“Look, I get it, this is big you you all… and I know my mood is probably a downer… But your maker is currently in the form of Zeke, the same Zeke that hates being all powerful… and guess what, he is now so powerful it takes people of a similar level just to make even try at really anything. If I had it my way… I would have had you wait a bit longer… and I’m sorry that it comes off as rude, but it is how I feel.” I told them before going back to my drink with a heavy sigh.

Their fun stopped, the spells stopping as they all just fell to the floor. Silent. ”Eclipse… Look, we know you feel bad about this, but this is the first time… ever, any of us have had the chance to even meet our creator properly. Kingdom Hearts, Zeke, you really don’t get it, do you?”

“I get that meeting your creator isn't all that it is hyped up to be… trust me, been there, done that….” I said before sighing. “I get it alright… Zeke was always destined for this, why else do you think I stopped? I can fight fate all day, even if I am hesitant now, but destiny is a different fish. He was always going to make your creator whole again, you were always going to meet them, your parent. But… I just… Can’t help but think that Zeke is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb at this point. A means to an end. Truth was right… what did I just say?” I said, confused as a few flashes of… something went through my mind before fading…. Weird. “Anyways… You can be happy. You are finally meeting them after eons and eons of them being gone. You deserve to be happy. I just can't help but think at what cost.”

”It’s not that no nuts! Tell me, what does Zeke and these other twenty have in common?”

“I’m assuming being unbelievably powerful in their own right or made by Nexus?”

”Nope! Their hearts. Balanced hearts don’t just appear, and making one is, well, you get what happened with Ventus and Vanitas.”

“Yeah. Mine used to be balanced, then I converted most of it into gray.” I said. “So they were all balanced, brought Dark and light back together, Recreated the original gray, making my accomplishment unneeded, and brought back kingdom hearts after all of them were turned into X-blades against their will, ruining any chance of a life as they fused with Zeke to allow KH to truly become whole. I miss something?”

”Yes. Balanced hearts are shards of our maker. This is why they can not be created, the bigger the shard the stronger the heart, and twenty in particular were created out of literally countless. This includes yours. Hell, if you didn’t turn to grey you’d be stuck sharing body and mind with your cousin right now.”

“Lucky me.” I grumbled and sighed.

”Point is these shards needed to come together anyway. Nexus can control what Zeke is, how he was born, how powerful he can become, but there is literally no way they could have predicted what heart he would have gotten. Zeke was destined for this BEFORE Nexus could have even planned this. And it’s not like they can control him anyway. Their Psychopath blood idea is botched now.”

“Yeah… wait…. If a balanced heart is supposed to be strong, why is my still so weak?” I asked, bringing out the gray heart... Such a tinny, cracked, chipped thing it was. If it wasn't floating, I’d be afraid that a touch would cause it to crumble in my hands.

”Because your shard was the last one, all that was left of them all. Why, you may ask? Well, let me ask you this, why make an extra part when all you need is already there? Answer, sometimes it’s handy, other times… it’s not THAT kind of extra part.”

“What do you mean?” I said, looking up from the heart floating shakily in my hand.

”What brother is trying to say is that your heart was never meant to be one of the many ment to bring back Kingdom Hearts, our maker and all that. It was meant to keep them in check. Your heart was so frail, because it was never meant to be light and dark, your heart was built for grey, and if you checked your heart now…”

I looked down at the heart that was barely containing the power it held as it seemed to slowly be repairing itself… again slowly, but it was happening.

”Your heart, while the optional part, is the only part able to, if needed, keep our maker in check, or, take over them.”

“So, I’m the fallout plan… huh… doesn't feel as bad as I think it should.” I said with a shrug. “Meh, better than when I found out I really was technically never meant to exist, being a Glitch and all.”

”Your heart is why you are a glitch I would wager. So worst case scenario you and Zeke are sharing a body… somehow bet your lovers would find that kinky.”

“They give Rune an run for her money, of course they would… but I could only do that as the only option… I have kids to look after.

”Oh god imagine all those honry bitches all in the same bedroom… jesus Admin strength could not even save you.”

“Okay horndog… Sigh, Still. If given the option I won't let myself become one with Zeke. I have kids to look after, and as much as they can handle me switching forms and genders, I won’t make them deal with knowing the person they are talking to won’t always be their mother/father.”

”Actually word along the grapevine is that the people Zeke is fused with seem to be able to change to their normal bodies when they take over so that’s cool.”

“Yes but unless he gets my ability to make clones if we fuse, my kids will have to be without me again… something I promised myself won’t happen if there is not more at stake.”

”I think that would happen… hey, if Zeke is the Admin now, you wonder what his first Admin thing he’ll do is?”

“Knowing him? Attempt to find some way to get drunk… and fail. Even Devil’s Poison only gives me a very, very light buzz now, can’t imagine him.”

“Hm. Guess you don’t know dad.” I jumped. Looking behind me and seeing Zeke’s Tiara leaned against the wall.

“Seriously, isn't it bad to scare a pregnant lady or something?” I said with a shake of my head. “Alright DT, what do you think?”

“It’s not what I think. It’s what I have seen. Hm. I won’t say much, but dad gets real pissed.”

“I bet. Not ever being with power is a relaxed and down to earth as me… hell most aren't. Zeke has always had a slight temper. Guess I didn't help much… hell his last chapter was flat out insulting.”

“Heh. So far you still understand so little.”

“More than you will ever know.” I said, closing my eyes as what I saw from Truth started to become clear. “More than you should ever know.” I said, opening my eyes to the 4th wall. “More than anyone has the right to know.”

“Do you plan on ever taking it back?”

“One day… I will take back what is mine… but I have more important things to focus on that a silly, petty name… those doors showed me that much.”

“Heh. Interesting. Then tell me, what will Zeke really do?”

“Simple…. Fuck everything up… Heh… You know, I specifically made gray to be a booster in a way., based off my personality of wanting others to grow so no one has to fear the next day… and he will pervert it. He will pervert everything…. And with his power, it’ll take a man upstairs to actually give a shit to shop him, and good luck with that.” I sighed, setting down my unfinished drink and leaning forwards on the couch. “Everything I built my realm for, everything I made it for, ruined in an instant, because of his stupid, stupid pride. Gray was never ment to be good, or evil. It was meant to show that Good can be done in Evil ways, and Evil can be done in the name of Good. He will take advantage of it… of me. I am Grey...and he will ruin me.”

“And what will you do then?”

I looked up sadly at the keyblades before looking back down at my hands. “The only thing I can… I need to try and stop him. He… He doesn't understand that Light can already be evil, that Dark can be good… by screwing with the careful balance of things… he goes against even his own philosophy.”

“And pray tell, what will you do to prevent this idea of his from ever forming?”

I close my hand, tears flowing out of my eyes as I know the truth. My hand goes to my stomach, feeling a small little kick, making more flow free. “I need to join him… that's the only way I can see… I have a duty to fulfill… the final fragment.”

“The optional Fragment.” Tiara corrected. “Lest you forget, time can be rewritten, this idea has not yet been created. Therefore, you can alter Zeke’s perspective.”

I took a shaky breath. “He won’t even want to see me, let alone hear me out. Not after I gave up.”

“Don’t be so sure. Remember Zeke’s origin. You’re more than a simple friend to Zeke, your blood. Zeke never liked his eldest brother, yet when the moment came, he rather tossed him into the void rather than killing him then and there like he did your grandfather. He knows his grandfather was beyond saving, his brother, he had hope for. You need to remind Zeke of something.”

“That we are family, and what it stands for? What our family stands for?”

“Hm. You need to remind Zeke who he is. Right now, dad is letting the others take the wheel, wrapping up anything from their world up before taking control again and figuring out how to utilize their existence and powers. Tell me, did you ever know who Zeke was?”

“I think I did. He was a kind man, wanting to live a normal life. He strived to better lives, to break away for the stigma his… our family had. A brilliant hacker, amazing strategist… a friend… one who you could always count on. Now… now he is so, so self centered when he used to care about everylife. He was so selfless, now he can only see himself, and those physically connected to him.”

“You need to remind dad that he did good thing because he knew, he always knew that only he could pull off what he did, what he can do. He’s got it in his head that he was just doing it because others wouldn’t, because those meant to do this did not want to. You need to remind him that he did what he did because he knew it needed to be done, not because the others meant for it didn’t care or just weren’t there.”

I stood shakily. “I need to do this myself… no clones…” I said before waving my hand and opening a DTG. Before I entered I stopped. “DT… Why do this. What do you gain from it. Either way you still have your dad… so why.”

“Hm. The old master of time, retired. Cript kinda screwed up all timelines… so, to atone for that, me and my others will… make sure the better option course takes control. We watch time for all eternity, see the possibilities, and make sure the best one comes. Cript won’t have his power when it’s done, just his immortality. He doesn’t want the world he makes to become something it was never meant to be.”

“Let me guess, I make it a pain in the ass?”

“On the contrary, you make it easy.”

“Oh?... Would have thought my constant denial of fate and screwing with what has been planed would ruin the timelines that much more.” I admitted.

“Actually no. Wanna know why?”

“Sure, why not?” I said, using the time to Psych myself up.

“Because despite you being fateless, you still help others, do what’s right. There are many with your gift for denying fate, and all they ever do is help themselves, you help others. So, you first need to do one thing before heading off to find dad.”

“And that is?” I asked, closing the portal.

“Remember who you are.” As Tiara said those words… everything grew white… and I was… Here…

“Well now, what brings you back?” I saw Truth across from me, a blue card in his hand. “Come back so soon for this already?”

I smiled, chuckling as I slithered over to him. “Trust me Truth, the worst mistakes you could have done, was let me live, and show yourself.” I said before I raised up my X-blade and summoned all of gray, all of Insanity, all of my near endless mana… and now, all of my Drive forms and D-links, causing my very heart to become a kaleidoscope of color. “You dun fucked up.” I said as dozens upon dozens of keyblades circled me, A simple, yet signature smirk on my face as one eye was gray, the other red. “I’d like my name back, Please and thank you.”

“Hehehehehe. Well done then.” He said, snapping his fingers and… all my power was gone. “Relax, it’s just reverted to before you went Super Sayan on me. Heh. Congratulations, you passed one of Cript’s trials for you, and I’ve completed my end of our bargain.” He said, handing the card over to me.

“..... I’m going to kill my dad.” I said jokingly as I took the card.

“Hehehe. Cript knows you better than you think. You needed to forget who you are, before you can truly embrace who you are meant to be. Did you even notice the Keyblades, The Colors?”

“Well… not specifically.” I said sheepishly, holding onto the card.

Truth began laughing. “Your heart isn’t an Optional part TO this realms admin, which Zeke is now. No, your heart, is in itself makes you capable of becoming an admin. Hehehe. The Admins are a dying race, plagues by generations of newborns unable to use their powers without endangering their creations or themselves, those that took this fact in toe wanted to ensure the Admins lived on. In one form or another. For here, it was Kingdom Hearts and it’s hair, and you, your heart fragment ment to become a new Admin, for Cript’s realm, his admin guided him, and soon he took over the realm he was born into while it’s old maker went into a retirement phase. Though no peace lasts forever, nobody understands this more than him. Many of the old admins find newly created Admins like Cript and soon Zeke will be abominations that need to be put down, but fact is this new type of Admin is far stronger than the prior ones, in fact even Zeke could take out one of those old racist egomaniacs easily. And Cript has killed easily five, maybe more. Such a shame, their biggotist ideals are leading them quicker and closer to the extinction they are trying to avoid. It’s poetic in an ironic sort of way.”

“So, I'm basically a child admin… huh.” I shrugged “So, the admins aren't a title but a race, and because the young blood is so different, the old men upstairs are gonna be racist pricks and try to wipe us all out. So, what does that make you?”

“I am Truth. There are many of me, yet only one of me. I govern all of the rules and Laws of a reality an Admin oversees and make sure nothing changes those rules. The only one who can change the facts I oversee is my Admin, otherwise, it’s all the same always. Think of me as that annoying prompt on your computer that asks you if you wish for a program to make a change to your PC.”

“Oh dear God those are annoying… So, what happens now? I'm a baby admin, I am holding my name in my hand, and I'm that one Fateless bastard they no one can really predict but I care about others more than myself.”

“Hehehe. Tell me, in the new Creation that will go on for eternity, what Role do you expect Admins to take up?”

“Honestly no clue. As long as my kids are alright by the time my story is over, I'm fine. My focus is making sure their story begins with peace.”

“Well, the odds play out like this. Those who hate the generation like Cript, Zeke, and you if you take up this potential you hold, will try to eradicate you. There will be some years of war, this is unavoidable sadly. Those that settle into this new world will become what many call Gods, only, heh, well while they will lack the power to alter the reality, they will still be able to create, and as such will become gods for various things. Much like the ages ago when there was only Admins. Each will take up a role, helping govern those who seek faith. Or the very flow of this new world itself. Lord will return to his primary title, the Admin of Mentality. Anything you can learn, can build, can think, he will help you achieve it, not directly, but I’m sure you get the idea.”

I closed my eyes “If I accept, what are the rules of a admin.”

“In this world or the one to come?”

“Both. I want to know what I am walking into here. Can't afford to go in blind anymore.”

“Hehe. The rules of an Admin in the current world are simple. You get your own Realm, with it’s own Multiverse, you create who and who can live in their in the beginning, then let time flow and let the population and Evolution, heh, if you like that kind of thing, and while you can screw around in all kinds of things in your realm, you can not interact in certain events. What they are, well, you’ll know when your body begins to fight you if you want to enter this event. That’s about it really, heck I knew one Admin who’s realm was nothing but women he fucked and kept on screwing. Horndog of a Admin.”

“That's the second time I heard of him. Popular guy?”

“He was one of the more… eccentric Admins to ever exist. Anyway, the new rules mean that you no longer create whole realms, but you can create life specific to what you decide to tie yourself to. These Admins while eternal will not be immortal, you can and likely will someday die. Save for one.”

“Who?”

“Cript of course. He’s already immortal, and as part of our Deal I shall return to him something that will solidify his role in the new world.”

I opened my eyes. “I hate it…but besides Nexus, reality isn't my fight any more. It's time for new warriors to rise.” I said, thinking of Scootaloo. “Besides, I already started the mentor role. Might as well solidify it.”

“Heheh. I see. You’ll accept the role of Admin, but you wish to pass it onto a successor. Is that correct?”

“Oh fuck no. I just believe my role of main character is slowly coming to a end… it's time for new heros to rise up after my final fight.” I said with a grin.

“Hm. So you want to give this power to another, when your time is at it’s end then?”

“Meh, I'll get there when I get there. Maybe just put all it into a keyblade or something.” I said, hearing Lance bang his head against the keyboard. Weird.

“Heheh. Do as you wish then. Just remember, what you wish and what you get will always be different things. So what you get when your final moment arrives will be what you get.”

“I'm fine. As long as my family is safe when my time comes, I will have no regrets.” I said with a smile. “So, when I become a admin, what will be my title?”

“Ah, well that is up to you. Be careful though, the road to becoming an Admin is not something to take lightly. Perhaps Cript is better suited to explaining it.”

“Got it. And Truth, I hope you find peace for yourself.” I said, activating the card as my memories flowed back into me.

“Hehe. As to you, Colin Ventral.” He said… that’s me… Hehe… that’s my name, my true name… “Now then, go meet up with Cript.”

With a snap of his fingers, Truth opened the doors behind me, and I entered. I woke up back home. Cript sitting on a chair in front of me while I was on the couch. “Glad to see you passed.”

“So you knew I was basically a baby admin?” I asked, getting comfy.

“Yes. It’s something that can be random, or implanted into someone. I knew Zeke held the potential the moment I realized out looking alike was no coincidence. To be honest the lot of you have this potential. Ben, John, Okami, you. Even your Scootaloo. Never seen so many in not only such close proximity to one another, but who also know one another.”

“So, how is this going to go down? I know you are still training me to kill, but what will change?” I said, fiddling with a drop of Gray before reasorbing it.

“Well, to be honest becoming an Admin is… well, gaining the power is the easy part… actually becoming one is… that’s where the choice comes into play. I was given the exception because I was the first… no other exceptions allowed I’m afraid.”

“What choice?”

“The choice to become an admin, think of it like… taking information from a game or one program and entering it into something like an AI. Taking out the model, coding and all that from the initial game, or program isn’t exactly easy, nor does it come without consequence.”

“I have the potential, might as well achieve it.”

“You sure about that?”

“Cript… my story is ending. We are on the home stretch towards the final arc. I want to prepare for my role as mentor to the next generation… And what better way then accepting myself and becoming a admin.”

“You say that now… but if you do, you won’t change like Zeke did. Zeke became an Admin by Inheriting it, you’ll become a whole new admin. That process is vastly different than what happened with Zeke.”

“I'll accept the risks… besides, this way Nexus will be that much easier to handle, and you and Zeke won't fight alone.”

“... Then your a hypocrite.” Cript said, turning his gaze away. “Becoming a new admin, like how I did, involves erasing you from this creation and rebuilding you outside it. It will be like you never existed here. No one other than me, Lord, Truth and Zeke will remember you. You’ll lose your family, your friends… the children you are carrying. Everything. I got the only exception, because I was the first. You won’t get my merical.”

“...” I closed my eyes and let everything fade around me. Cript, the house, even the kids kicking. It was just me, my heart, all of it's connections, and my keyblade. “I'm lost… I have the potential to make sure everyone is safe… to protect my family for years to come… but… to be erased… I… I don't think I can handle that… what should I do…” I said inside my personal space.

“Aren’t you the one who screws with fate and the rules? Look, I don’t know of any other means of doing this, and sadly… wait a moment…” Cript said, a look of Realization on his face. “That could work… but in no way will it be easy.”

I walked up to my heart, no longer truly Gray, but still a kaleidoscope of colors, surrounded by miniture keyblades. “What could?”

“Well, when and Admin kills another Admin, they take over the slain Admins domain, and their power… it might be possible with the shard you have that, such an act by taking in their power and domain over their realm could count as Inheritance, like Zeke’s case. In which case you’d not only unlock your full potential, but gain new ones as well. I have a lot of enemies, so finding such an opponent won’t be that hard in all honesty.”

“As long as fate stays away… she looked like she was suffering under Nexus's thumb.”

“Yeah. You have a ways to go before you can slay an Admin though. Both in terms of power and combat skills. Power I can shortcut you to, Combat you’ll have to learn yourself.”

“Well then.” I said, accepting my shard as keyblades floated around me. “Let's get started.”

“Alright.”


Lord’s Personal realm for his living needs was like the out of bounds area of a video game, an endless white void with random buildings, things, and creatures about just scattered without pattern or reason. Makes sense I guess. I stretched while turning to Cript. “Remember, home in time to cook diner, or I’m gone.”

“Sure.” Cript said, leading me through all the weirdness as we came up to lord, who was sitting in a desk in the middle of nowhere. “Lord, she’s here.”

“Good. Good.” He said, writing something down.

“Long time no see Lord.” I said respectfully yet casually.

“Eclipsa.” He said, finishing what he was doing then standing. “Now then, Cript send me a message telling his idea, and it might just work. However, your body and powers are not quite ready yet to handle becoming an Admin yet, you don’t want to explode and kill your entire inherited Realm now do you?”

“Or my children for that matter.” I said in agreeance. “Besides that, As much as Discipline and Responsibility have finally been knocked into me, the earlier rather forcefully, I know I am not yet ready to handle being a guider for all life in a realm quite just yet, as much as I am doing well with an entire reflection.” I said calmly and cooly.

“Well whatever realm you take over won’t be that bad off with you in change, but before that, we need to alter your body and infuse power into you. Cript can pump the needed power into you while I alter your body, without harming your children or that injured mare within you.”

“So long that you do keep them safe, I see no harm. However, if it starts to go wrong, I want you to try and save spoiled, and if my children are far enough in development, them as well, and leave me. Lives of the next generation far outweigh the lives of the elder.” I told him

“Wise for such a young lass.” Lord said. “Now, stay still.” He said, raising a hand over me as my body felt… tingly. Cript placed a hand on my back and… HOLY SHIT! It didn’t hurt but I felt so… so… so strong! So… powerful… Is this how Zeke feels?! Is this how CRIPT FEELS?!

It was almost overwhelming. The occasional kick from my children being one of the few things snapping me back from reality, as even insanity felt overloaded from the sudden influx of power… that just seemed to never stop growing. Code. Fragments. Everything. “01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00111111 00100001”

It went on like this for… an hour I think, this process was just… overwhelming. When it stopped… I felt unbeatable… unbreakable… “There, that’s the bare minimum for the power requirements.” Cript said. BARE MINIMUM?!?! Like WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

“You’re telling me, that this is the bare bones minimum…. Holy jesus fucking satan in a gay bar…..” I said, rubbing my temples as I was still having sensory overload.

“... Pssst…. HA!” Cript burst out laughing.

“Hehe, that was funny.” Lord said.

Heh, yeah, it was. “Wow…. alright… uh… okay these really, really heightened… everything is going to take some getting used to.” I said before growing pale. “Gods… using gray mixed with this….”

“Now, just need to find an Admin that hates me.” Cript said.

“Should be easy.” Lord replied.

“Yeah it should. Give me a second. Oh, and Eclipsa, I’ll be leading them here so be ready to take the kill. Alright?” Cript informed me.

I nodded focusing before unleashing my, as Truth called it, super saiyan form, the mix of everything I have with a ton of keyblades circling me, with Oblivion and Oathkeeper floating at my sides while my X remains in my hand. “Ready.”

Nodding, Cript opened up a portal. Lord and I waited for… three minutes before Cript jumped back out of one, an armored Female Admin looking at him with what I can only say is the purest of hate. “Cript you unclean abomination! Die!” She yelled, throwing a spear, the impact creating a massive explosion that Cript side stepped.

“Carvisa, you psychotic bitch, meet my daughter. She’ll be your killer this evening.” He said casually.

“Wha-?”

“Such a gentleman.” I said, not even questioning how I was behind her as I brought the ocean to shore, the entire realm for a split second… or was it a nano second, hard to tell, turning into shades of gray before I sliced, all the keyblades following the one movement as the powers of everything, super boosted by gray, struck the woman in the back.

“Gah!” She coughed blood, looking over at me. That same hatred at Cript aimed at me. “You impure scum…” She wheezed, collapsing over.

“Not surprised those were her last words.” Cript said.

“That was antiClimactic.” I said with a shrug, not even caring about her words.

“When you are at the strength level, Admins aren’t much different to kill than anyone else, besides, she wasn’t that strong, she rarely entered combat herself, so I knew this would be a quick win for you.” Cript said, green… numbers began floating out of her corpse as her body began to fade, like a hologram or something. The numbers then flowed into me and…

I… Feel… Powerful… If it didn't make me feel sick..... It’d be intoxicating by how much it was. I used the x-blade to keep myself upright as I hunched over, the power overwhelming my already shot senses, the lines of code… I could feel it binding with every part of me… but avoiding my heart like the plague. “How… Handle….?”

“Hm? Use your sentences.” Lord said.

“How do you both… handle all this?” I asked, feeling slightly violated as code continued to swim through my powers… and hit gray, boosting its speed to almost insane levels.

“Well, I’ve always been an Admin, so I can’t say I’ve known the difference.” Lord said.

“I’m genetically built for this crap, I never feel the power but I know how much I have. In a sense you could say I’m a black hole for power, I never feel it course though me until I use it. Even then I never feel the strength difference. See it though.” Cript said.

I groaned, seeing the code of even the air around me flash in my eyes like a HUD. I panted and nearly screamed when the code finally tried to enter my heart….. You don’t know the meaning of pain. You could have been a soldier being tortured for information, broken to the point where you are a mindless husk… it wouldn't even be a fraction of this pure, raw, pain. I screamed and thrashed, instinctively placing wards over my babies and Spoiled so they won't feel a thing as I thrashed on the floor.

“Well, that was unexpected.” Lord said.

“Well this is a new method.” Cript added.

I thrashed like I was having a seizure, till finally my heart… no longer felt weak. After that… All the pain was just… gone. I felt so… well, tense, but my body felt… fine… better than fine. “Alright… pain over… wow… okay, this feels better now.” I said, picking myself off the floor and removing the wards.

“Great, it worked.” Cript said, clapping. “And hey, your heart is fixed.”

“Feels like it… my whole life since I could feel my heart I was always worried someone would target and shatter it… now… just wow.” I said, still blinking the code out of my eyes as they cycled through a bazillion different languages for the HUD effect I was seeing. Finally disappearing, I looked over to Cript. “So… what happens now?”

“Now… Well, guess we can see what Carvisa Realm was all about.” Lord said.

“True, it is now Eclipsa’s.” Cript said.

“So… do I just think of my realm or something?” I asked, having none of the instinct these two admins have.

“Well when we travel between realms of Other Admins then head back we just sorta… feel for where our Code is most present in the vast infinity. That typically is where your Realm is. Since you have her Code, you should be able to do that.”

I nodded and felt the code. When I first got it, it felt sickening, probably because at the time it wasn't wholly mine. Now though? It was only slightly less natural then gray to me. I pinpointed the area before opening a DTG, though this one had lines of code around its edges. “There.”

“Good. Now let’s see what this crazy bitch had in her realm.” Lord said, sticking his head through the portal, then exiting. “Well it’s all stone and dark as all fuck. It’s a castle and there’s an ugly troll/elf/goblin looking fucker waiting next to the portal with an Igor hump.”

“Not very creative.” I said calmly slithering through.

When I entered Lord was right. This was a large stone castle… very large, the little creature walked up to me. “Yous… yous smell like master, but no looks like her?” It spoke…. I can’t tell it’s gender...

“Your old master has fallen. I have inherited her power and her realm.” I spoke kindly but with a air of commanding.

“Ah. Yous new master then. Come, come. Meet others.” It said, leading the way.

“Oddly hot in here.” Cript said, following behind.

“Strange, I don't feel it.” I said with a cheeky smile as I wave my Naga tail.

“Must be her code.” Lord said, entering also. “While code works in any Realm, it is also unique to each Admin. You inherited it, as well as its current uniqueness. It will be a while before it adapts to you.” He informed. “For now, you’ve just adapted to it.”

“Ah well, I wish the code luck on completely understanding me.” I said with a chuckle, following the creature through the halls.

I arrived in a room where a tree creature was rooted, holding an orb. It looked up at me… It has… Six, seven, eight… ten, ten eyes… weird. “New Master, Rootworm.” The little creature said.

“Ah.” The tree thing spoke. “So the old master has finally fallen. And you took her place?” It asked me… Rootworm, I think it’s name is, at least, that’s what the little guy said.

“Yes, I did. She was surprisingly easy to defeat, but I suppose being blinded by rage would do that.” I said calmly, holding myself in the same manner when I am addressing those who worship me.

“Hm. Very well then. I shall inform her forces that there is a new master.” He said, the orb glowing.

“Forces?”

“Yes. The former master transformed her realm into nothing but powerful armed forces, to attack him.” It moved a branch towards Cript.

“Eh, not the first.” Cript shrugged.

I for one frowned. “Unacceptable and a complete waste… and she called us scum, abusing her position, abusing her role to have a army…. Wasted potential.”

“Well, not all Admins are good so, what do you expect?”

“I know that, does not change that it is unacceptable, and will be changed.” I said with finality.

“Well, go ahead then.” Lord said. “Your realm your rules.”

I closed my eyes, and tried to feel the code around me. So much hatred….lets fix that. I sent out a pulse of code, changing what life existed to have something they never had. Choice. Emotion. To live instead of just being alive. “Step one complete…” I said shaking my head. “Going to need to get used to that feeling however.”

“Alright. So what next?” Cript asked.

“No clue… I gave them freedom of choice and emotion… but I don’t even know where to start.”

“Eh, your Realm, your rules.” Lord said, opening his own portal. “You’ll figure out what you want, which, guessing you, is what’s best for them.” He said, taking leave.

Awww, that gave me some warm fuzzies inside. “Cript, dad, any suggestions?”

“Psst. You think I know what the fuck I’m doing?”

“I assume you at least have a base idea and then just let come what may.” I said with a smile

“Nope. I rarely ever know what the fuck I’m doing.”

I smiled and chuckled. “First thing I need to do is repair all the damage the original master had done, then maybe experiment from there.”

“Alright then.” Cript said, shrugging. “Be careful of other Admins who will try and kill you.” He said, walking off.

“Heh, yeah well, what's life without the constant looming threat of death?”

As Cript left and I began to look around this new realm of...mine… heh, that’s weird to say… “Hi.” I turned around, seeing… a kid? Bright, glowing gold eyes, a shining blue long hair, and they had a big smile on their face.

“Hey there. What's your name?” I asked with a smile.

“Hehe. Oh, that doesn’t matter, but if you must, just call me Ghost.”

Huh. “So Ghost, what do you need?” I asked. They probably aren't truly a kid, but until I know for sure, I'm going to assume they are.

“You aren’t completely wrong there Eclipsa.” They said… did they… hear my thoughts? “Yes I did.”

“Well that interesting. So what is it you need? What was your role to the old Master?”

They laughed. “Oh, just to be annoying. And they were not my master. Surprised you haven’t figured out who I am yet. I figured the hair would have given that away at least.”

“.... I blame the crazy day that I didn't recognize that power of yours…. Kingdom Hearts.” I said with a playful smile.

“Heh, please, just call me Ghost, I am dead after all.”

“Fair enough.” I shrugged “So, to what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Just left the refused parts of my heart I shattered, turning it into the balanced hearts Zeke and those others had. Yours was the only one left out of the bunch so that’s where I ended up. My last shard, not even mine anymore yet I’m still bound to it. How sad.”

“Oh…. Sorry.” I said with a scratch to the back of my head. “To be fair, you didn't really need me.”

“Yeah, that’s true.” He said nonchalantly, walking around me in a circle. “I’m impressed though, you took what was literally the scraps left after I shattered myself and made them rather powerful.”

“Well, even a child with a glimmer of light shines bright amongst darkness. I just took the scraps and trained them, forged them, and eventually made it my own.” I said with a chuckle “When did I become the wise one?”

“Eh.” He said. “Still, I’m here to tell you something.”

“Oh? Let me guess, another major threat that is going to take place on the now inert keyblade war?”

“Nope. It’s about your current least favorite subject. Zeke.”

I sighed “Alright, lay it on me Ghost.”

“Well for starters, as you can guess he’s not being who he truly is anymore, then again, neither are you it seems.”

“Meh, I just grew up. I'm still the lovable 4th wall breaking goofball who is too stubborn to die, but parenting just gave me a more mature outlook on things.” I said, summoning some paopu fruit to eat.

Chuckling, Ghost snapped their fingers, my Paopu smoothy vanishing. “There’s a difference between lying to yourself and growing up. You don’t even realize what you’re doing, do you?”

“What, gaining power so I can leave the adventure to the next generation? We both know this story is nearing the climax.” I said, surprising myself with how defensive I was being.

“Heh. Cute. You believe your own lie too. Tell me, how much as the Paopu fruit legend changed since I made it?”

“Well, it's supposed to link the destiny's of those who share it. I did it with the hubbies once I realized my pregnancy cravings we're for the fruit.”

“Heh, so only half is left. Now that’s sad.”

“Alright, what is missing?” I said, starting to get tired of this.

“The Paopu fruit links those who share one together, as well as aids in remembering those who’s bonds are weakening, or severed. Tell me, anyone been on your mind lately?”

…. ”you already know who.”

“And now you do.” They said, holding out both hands, each with a glowing orb. Between them a chain formed, then in the center it began cracking. “This represents the current state of yours and Zeke’s bond. Fractured, and the more Zeke falls into his current condition, and the more you ignore it, ignore him, the more it breaks until,” The chain broke, and suddenly there was a wall of energy between them. “No more bond… and no more bonds can ever be rebuilt between you two. Ever again.”

“What the hell was I supposed to do?!” I yelled out. “I had a choice between fighting a battle with no possibly of winning, even with my Fateless ass, or trying to get him to see as such before it consumes him and guess what, the ending would have been the god damn same!” Tears flowed from my eyes.

“True, the ending would have been the same… from a blunt perspective.” Ghost said. “If you had… convinced Zeke the event was pointless in the end, helped him realize what he already knew, but did not want to acknowledge, the ending would have been the same, but, he would still be himself, content with his destiny to replace me. Why? Because he would have had support. He didn’t ask for your help to fight against his fate, he asked you for help cause you of all people would have been able to make him realize it, and rather than stay and support him through his troubles… you left. Abandoned him… So much for Ventrals always look out for one another huh?”

I looked down at my hands. “Shut up.” I said quietly, so quiet it put Scotch to shame.

“No one likes facing the reality of their mistakes. That’s the difference between Admins and our creations… when WE live in denial… the consequences are far harder than as the average mortal. I guess that’s why Admins don’t really have families that we can hurt, much easier to accept a mistake when there’s no one but yourself that will hurt for it.”

I closed my hands, gripping so hard my nails drew blood. “I tried… he left before I could do more…”

“Then why didn’t you chase after him?”

I was silent… why didn't I? Was I really… so willing to quit on family… on Zeke, the first of my birth family to actually care about me, even if we never knew at first?... What kind of monster am I….

“Now then, what are you going to do about this little screw up then?” Ghost asked, turning around. “The bond is still there, but weak. What will you do to fix it?”

“Going to try and get through to him and apologize the only way I know how… like a Ventral.” I said, snapping my bloody fingers and creating a space where two beings of our level of power can duke it out without collateral… or the other dieing.

“Hm. Good call, sometimes a good fight, a way to let off some pent up emotions is the best call.” He said, his body, or whatever it was, beginning to crack. “Ouch, well this hurts more than expected.” He said, looking over the forming cracks. “I guess that shard of mine is now officially yours? No more room in it for me.”

“What… no no, that's…” but sure enough… the only thing that didn't feel mine was the code yet… “We can find away if you can just hold on for a little longer-”

“Eclipsa.” He cut me off. “I only look like a child. I’m older than a fourth of all other Admin creations put together. I wanted to die, for the longest time. But just because I wanted to die, doesn't mean my creation should be helpless. I set this up so one day, someone from my creation could replace me, and I could finally move on… Funny, we create an afterlife for our creations… but I’m not even sure if Admins have one. Aww well, guess I’ll find out in about, oh, two more minutes.” He said, the cracks now covering up over half his body.

I slithered over and took his hand. “Then… at least you are not alone… no one should be alone in the end.”

“Heh, maybe. Here. My last gift ever.” He said, handing me a small box, wrapped with a red bow. “Give it to Zeke, after you’ve kicked his head in.” He said, his body starting to vanish now.

“I will.” I said, giving him a hug, having just enough of a form to do so.

His body vanished, a final goodbye echoed through the room after he was gone… I felt a tear cry down, and I let it fall. It was strange… how I never… never even knew him… yet, It feels like I cared so much for him.

I held on to the box, letting Oblivion and Oath float around me, letting them mourn in peace. “It… Kingdom Hearts was the one reason I didn't just… end it back on Earth… Now that the real one is gone… it feels like he was one of my children… or I was his…”

”Whatever happens next… will be quite the future.”

“Yeah… but the future can wait… right now… I need to get my family back.” I said before snapping, hoping Zeke will forgive me sending us both to the space I created.


When I appeared in the space I made for us to fight… I was met with an unconscious Zeke. Was he asleep or…?

“Zeke, get up.” I said, dumping water on him to make sure he wasn't asleep.

...Nothing… I actually had to list him up to get the water out of his nose… he didn’t even caugh instinctually.

I checked his pulse, worry etched on my face. What I felt for a pulse was… weird. It was like constant vibrations… Crap, right, he’s Kingdom Hearts now, his heartbeat would be all hearts...

“Zeke, or anyone inside him, get up.” I said as I changed my sight to focus on what I know is Zeke's heart, which is not easy with the infinite other hearts, but I did it.

It seemed still, twenty other massively powerful hearts all circling it like planets around a sun. Damn it, how am I gonna wake him up?

I looked at my own heart and sighed. “One way to get a admin to act… Threaten their realm…” I said, not actually going to do anything, but letting all of my power flow out freely, using Insanity's bloodlust to make it seem like the intent was death.

...Nothing? What is up with him?

“Zeke, wake up man, your scaring me.” I said shaking his shoulders.

“He won’t wake up for a while.” Cript said, walking out from a portal. “To be honest I’m surprised this didn’t happen a lot sooner.”

“What is going on with him dad?” I ask, unable to keep the worry out of my voice.

“Well, he has twenty people in his mind, but those twenty were all of their own reflections. Their reflections mindsets and personalities range from identical to vastly different. In short his brain is processing them all, and they will be figuring out how much of each of the similar and vastly different personalities will be more dominant in the final phase of this. He’ll be fine.”

“Dad…. I screwed up… but I guess what is new…. This is my fault… I need to make it right.”

“... Okay.”

“How can I help him?” I asked, turning to look at Cript amongst the starry space we were in.

“Well right now his brain is doing all the work here, no way to help there. But do you mean another way?”

“I… I was planning on us making up in a fight… where he and I can go all out and not worry about the other dieing or anyone dying in the crossfire”

“Hm, well that can work.” Cript said. “So you don’t know Zeke that well though, huh?”

“With us living on different reflections, and both of us having our own responsibilities… I never really got a moment to just hang out where the threat of death wasn’t ever present or I wasn't a depressed mess.”

“Hm, here.” Cript said, lifting a finger as a large orb appeared, floating over Zeke. “Let’s see some of Zeke’s memories then.”

I sighed and took a seat, looking at the orb. “Let go then, let's make this as painless as possible.”

Nodding, Cript activated the orb, and soon the blackness turned to color, showing what was the backseat of a car. In the driver's seat was a woman, the passenger was a man… Is this an early memory of Zeke’s? This perspective looks… like that of a toddlers. “Hm, his first time seeing someone die. Looks like he was three.”

“Of course… he was raised a Ventral, unlike me… heh… he must have been envious…. As much as he shouldn't have been.”

The memory played, the two stopping the car in what looked like a parking lot. The two having Zeke seated firmly in the back seat as they left the car… armed. Zeke said just looking around. He turned, seeing the car door open next to him as a man in leather entered, grabbing him and running off. From this perspective, Zeke could see his own parents shooting at the building, a bank, before his mother turned, seeing the man running off with him. She seemed to have yelled at his dad, who immediately, with reflexis that I didn’t even see Josh with, fired a round, the next thing, Zeke looked at the man, whose head exploded all around him. They collapsed, Zeke crying, his small arm broken from the fall. His mother ran over, picking him up, but not before taking a few extra shots into the kidnappers torso. She then took Zeke into the car, his dad jumping in with a small bag of cash before they drove off. The memory ended.

“Yeash, that was darker than I expected.”

“Yikes… though not as bad as it could be.” I said, remembering the day I watched mom die….

The orb lit up again, this time it looked like Zeke was in front of a Computer. “First heist.” Cript said.

Zeke was typing. All this techno stuff was beyond me. When he looked out a nearby window, looks like he was in a Starbucks while two others walked into a bank. Gunfire started as people began panicking, Zeke sighing, rolling his eyes as he drank some of his what I assume is coffee. He closed his laptop, walking off and around into a small antique shop. “Morning sir.” The old man behind the counter said.

“Hey Jone.” Zeke said, passing him, walking behind a staff only door, down a ladder leading into the sewers, where sections were redone to be small armories, cash stashes, high end computers, the works. Zeke placed the laptop on a table and took a seat. About five minutes later, the two that entered the bank came down.

“Damn those cops were trying.” One spoke, tossing what must have been a literal million dollar bag of cash.

“Yeah, but you sure hade Dad’s aim Dillen.” The other said, carrying the other bags of equal size to the first.

“Eh, just me Kevin.” Dillen said.

“So things went well?” Zeke asked.

“Yeah, no thanks to you.” Dillen said.

“Come on man, Zeke deactivated the security features and cut the silent alarms. We would have been lucky to make it out of there with only a fourth of this loot.” Kevin said.

“I agree with Kevin. You don't make as much money when security is working properly.” I said

“It wouldn’t matter if Zeke here would just pick up a gun and help us. He’s got the eyes, his killing mood alone would level this fucking city.” Dillen said. “Instead he prefers to sit back and let us do the hard work while he keeps his hands clean.”

“Dude come on, Zeke did his part and we made out with over four million in cash.” Kevin said.

“Still… it’s a waste of a family gift.” Dillen said, the memory ending.

“Damn. Heh, they would of HATED me. The fact that I was a Ventral who did even less than Zeke.” I chuckled, though I knew Cript knew I was not being self centered, just coping in my own way. I knew Zeke was going through a form of hell, your own family calling you a waste. I just… Sigh, next memory is ready.

It showed Zeke was laid in bed, a hotel room, looking up blankly at the ceiling. The TV was on in the background but he was not even gazing at it. There was a knock at the door. “Come in.” Zeke said.

Someone entered, Zeke looking to his side and seeing someone… interesting. He was thin, wearing a hoodie, long black pants, and had a box with him. “Well, here it is man.” He spoke, placing the box on the bed. “One Ps2, a copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 and Resident Evil four.”

“Thanks.” Zeke said, reaching into his pocket, a large wad of fifties in his hand. “Here, take it.”

“Heh, overpay much?”

“And you care why?”

“Eh fair enough.” The guy said, leaving. After a bit Zeke got up, and took out the Re4 and KH2 games. “Finally, been wanting to play these forever.” He said, his voice held some enthusiasm compared to the prior memories.

I smiled, remembering my first Kingdom Hearts game, a small tear falling down my face. The hope and joy it gave me… I can see it was the same with Zeke, the genuine smile on his face said enough.

Zeke then began hooking up the playstation and popped in Kingdom Hearts two. The memory played for a while, showing him beating the tutorial section before heading off to Hollow Bastion. As he was reaching the final boss there he sighed, pausing the game before walking over to the bathroom, closing the door and counting down. “Three, two, one…”

Suddenly, the sound of the hotel room’s front door bursting open nearly overtook the room. “FBI Ventral! You’re under arrest!” Someone yelled as marching into the room lead to banging on the bathroom door. Sighing, Zeke grabbed a Gas Mask from under the sink as well as several canisters labeled ‘Tear Gas, Smoke Bomb, and Flash Grenade.’ He saw the door about the break and pulled the Flash Grenade pin, the door breaking open as the grenade gave off a light that blinded all. When it faded, Zeke was outside already, tossing a smoke grenade at his feet and behind him down the other hall, the halls getting filled with the smoke as he entered an elevator, the smoke filling it as he rapidly reached into the elevators ceiling escape hatch. He then from there entered some vents and slid through them til he exited an intake vent out the back near the parking lot. “Fucking hell. Really wanted to at least get to three worlds before they came.” He muttered. He then found an unlocked car, and hotwired it with expert effort and drove off. The memory ended.

“Damn, never even got passed Hollow Bastion. That sucks.” Cript said, munching popcorn.

“Radiant Garden… and yeah…” I said, feeling selfish of how I've acted towards Zeke… and yet he always stood by me… I failed my Brother from another mother.

The next memory showed Zeke looking over a large crate of high end weapons. “... So you’re all just gonna go into the city… and shoot everything?” Zeke asked.

“Hell yeah!” That voice! Josh?! “If it is the end of the world I’m going out with a bang nephew! I even got some of our fam in Russia sending over a tank! They’re gonna drive that around some neighborhoods.” And I think I know how I died back on earth now… “So your folks taking ya to their own little set up for you lot to hold up in.”

“I’m not that superstitious.” Zeke said. “It’s up over in Ohio. If you wanna come say hi we’ll be there.”

“Eh, maybe. So, what will you be doing?” Josh asked.

“Sleep maybe.”

“Huh, well, take some anyway, even if you don’t join in the shootouts, your parents will have enough to defend.”

“They stockpiled enough from Aunt Nancy.”

“Ah. Well good luck to ya then. I’ll be off shooting up Chicago.” Josh said, Zeke walking out, only to be tripped by his brother, Dillen.

“You’re so worthless.” He said, Grabbing Zeke and tossing him against the wall. “You waste those eyes. Why do you hold back damn it?” He asked, kneeling down to Zeke and grabbing his throat. “Why?”

Almost emotionless, Zeke spoke. “I’m not… a demon…”

“Ha! You’re born into this family. You have the eyes to prove it without a doubt. Your skills in combat against Uncle Josh, Dad, even me show you match us but we both know you hold back… why?”

“I don’t… want to hurt you.”

“Oh, so what is it? Don’t wanna hurt us or anyone.”

“No… I just know I’ll enjoy it, once my heart starts racing.”

“Ah, so it’s your Killing Mood you’re afraid of then?”

“Part of it.”

Dillen let go of Zeke’s neck, but gave him a hard punch to the jaw. “You can’t keep living life afraid to let your heart beat. I know you, you enjoy a challenge. All those games, you play every single one on the hardest mode. Every family gathering when you enter the shooting range, you pick the crap guns, hell you hit the target a mile away with a god damned crossbow! You live for a challenge… so why hold back where it counts?”

“... Then where would the challenge be?”

The memory faded.

“Heh, looks like that’s something Zeke and I share.” Cript said.

“That's why I want us both to go all out though… I know I haven't reached his level… I may never hit that far. He is always a step ahead… but I can provide him a challenge, I know I can. My heart tells me that, and who are we if we don't follow our hearts?” I said, saddened but determined.

“Yeah, we’ll see when he wakes up then. So, how are you gonna handle this then?”

“....When do I ever plan that far ahead? Cript, I may know discipline now, but I go by my gut and heart at everything I do.”

“Heh, fair enough.” Cript said, standing up. “Zeke’s gonna wake up soon. You best be the one he sees rather than me.”

I nodded and summoned my x-blade “Do I have your permission to do this? I will be fighting your new parent, but not to kill or even really hurt, only for us both to let off steam.”

”As long as it’s just to spar.” Better half spoke… woah, very authoritative voice there.

“It is. If we cause any damage to each other it is a part of the spar, even if we both won't be holding back if my plan works.”