• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 4,859 Views, 56 Comments

Keys of Harmony - BioQuillFiction



It's 2012 and god gives me a new life and I'm reborn as a pony with all my human memories. And I mean re born, out of the womb kind of reborn.

  • ...
19
 56
 4,859

Back To The Future! Not The Movie!

A month had passed since Cript dumped me here in...whatever year this was when Core was human and nice. In that time I’ve learned to activate all types of attacks, abilities, limits, Shotlocks, and even some Dream Eater creating. I have a Meow Wow named Pitty.

Core and I where in a spar, the two of us meeting each other pretty equally. “Not bad. “Core said, dodging my Blizzaga. To my surprise, his Keyblade was Dark Gnaw, though, that could be some kinda irony or something.

“Well, I have been training with the best.” I said as I side stepped a strike from him. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever say this, But In my time here I’ve begun to see Core as almost a friend. We laughed, trained, and overall just did things friends do in this last month.

As the battle went on I caught him with the Time Splicer attack I managed to learn in three days, beating his record for learning it. That did it as when he was no longer frozen in time he was flung back and onto the ground. “Ouch. Heh, wow Colin.” Core said, jumping back up to his feet. “It’s been barely a month and you can already knock me on my ass.”

“Heh, I’ve always been a quick study.” I said with a smile as I unsummoned Oath and Oblivion. “Though you don’t make it easy, let me tell you.”

“Well before coming to Daybreak Village I was a lot less easy going.” He said, scratching the back of his head.

“Really?” I asked. “How so?”

“Well after my younger brother vanished and dad and big bro went off to research in that tower of theirs… I just kinda wondered. My skills with a Keyblade where, for the most part, unmatched. In all the time I traveled I fought a lot of heartless, and dueled other Keyblade wielder. I won every fight… Then I came here. Figured if I can beat the wielder of the X-blade then, maybe I wouldn’t feel so empty. Unum not only kicked my ass but made me eat my words. Heh, that was the first time I ever lost a fight. Somehow… I felt better about that, and I never left.”

“Oh? That's quite a tale.” Ah yes, I had nearly forgotten… This Core was a dence ass mother fucker. Why do I say that? Well, he as a not so subtle crush on Unum, And Unum isn't even hiding her feelings for him, and he doesn't even notice!

“So, you have one more test before I can give you a mark of mastery, but since the Festival of Daylight is coming up let’s hold it off till next week.” The festival of Daylight, I Learned, is an old Keyblade wielder holiday that is held every time Kingdom Hearts passes over the world a hundred times. So three times a year. All Keyblade wielders during the day spar, dance, and at the end of the day they all raise their Keyblades to Kingdom Hearts, and let chains of light shoot up to it, the chains changing to streams of light that let you connect your heart to Kingdom Hearts. I’m looking forwards to it.

“Have any plans for that night?” I asked. What? If Core and Unum dont get together, when I kinda become a paradox.

“”Hmm… not really.” Core said, making me hang my head at the Sora level of thick headedness.

“You sure? I mean, the festival seems like the perfect time for a date. Surely there is someone you got your eyes on.” I said casually, like a best friend would as to not give away me playing matchmaker.

“Heh, I dunno. Most women in Daybreak Village are already spoken for and the ones available might not be that into me.”

OH COME ON! I chuckled. “Come on man, Surely one has caught your eye? What about Unum? I heard she’s single.”

“Well, yeah but dude, asking out the X-blade wielder?! She’s...intimidating….”

“How so?” I asked, ignoring his look. “She’s still human, just like any other. Holding X doesn't change that. She probably has flaws, secrets, desires, just like any other. Besides, the worst that happens is she says no, right?”

“Have you seen her kill a Darkside? All she needs to do is swing the X-blade and FIVE die immediately. I don’t wanna screw something up and end up on the wrong side of that attack.”

Oh well, I planted the idea in him… Maybe I’ll have better luck with Unum. “Whatever man. All I’m saying is, it’s better to give it a shot, then to spend the rest of your life wondering ‘What if’. But, I’ll drop it.” I said, patting him on the shoulder.

“Uh...thanks?” He said, confused. “I’m heading back to my place. See ya when the festival starts?”

“Sure man, see you then. Maybe we can go full out, give people something to wow them eh?” I said with a hearty smile, already planning on what to say to Unum.

“Heh, sure man.” As Core and I lept into action, running the long way around to where I know Unum usually is. Town limits, where the most Heartless seem to appear. As expected I spotted her hacking some Shadow heartless, taking out the last of them with no effort needed.

“Yo, Unum, what's up?” I said, warping next to her with a smile.

“Oh! Oh, you’re Core’s student...Colin, right?” She asked.

“You got it. Thanks by the way for the help when we first met.” I said, breaking the ice.

“Oh, it’s just what I do. It’s why I spend most of the time outside the town limits. Lots of reckless kids and new faces get ambushed out here.”

“Ha! Nice.” I said with a good natured laugh. “So, what’s the story with you and Core?”

“Oh, about four years back he walked into town, challenging any and all who would face him. People where starting to get worried when none of the guard or other Masters could best him. So, I stepped in and beat him with one hit. Heh, he had this look like he was surprised… and happy. He’s been here ever since.”

“That’s interesting. So, you two ever going to get together? Seriously, the tension is real, He’s just the densest material known to Kingdom Hearts.” I said bluntly.

Unum blushed, got ya, and then laughed. “Heheh...yeah, he is pretty clueless...but I like that about him, makes him come off as a big kid but when he needs to be he can be serious. He just finds acting silly more...fun.”

I chuckled “I get that completely. But I should let you know, besides being dense, he is honestly intimidated to ask.” I said, figuring I can be blunt and honest with Unum.

“Heh…” That seemed to deflate her happiness. “Yeah… I can’t blame him. I mean, look at this shit!” She said, raising X. “I swear ever since Kingdom Hearts gave this weapon to me my life just...changed. People I used to know and play with where careful with what they said and what they did. My own parents felt they were… unworthy to raise me, so I was sent to live with some of the best Keyblade masters around. They raised me to be a weapon, and screw childhood.”

I nodded. “I understand better than you know. But honestly? Fuck, that. You forge your own fate. You want to continue to be a weapon fine, But I know that is not what you want.” I said, my voice raising in conviction.

“Yeah. To be honest… No, it’s embarrassing.” She said, blushing a bit.

“What? Come on, who is going to tell, the heartless?” I said with a smile.

“Well…” she said, getting closer. “I kinda have...fantasies about Core…”

“Oh? Is that all?” I said with a smile. “Look, I know Core likes you but is scared to ask, and doesn't think you’ll like him back. I tried to convince him to ask you out to the festival but you can guess how that went. So, How about we work together to get you two together?” I said, offering a handshake.

“Okay, but seriously...I’ve never even been on a date…” She said, rubbing her arm.

“It’s a good think you’re talking to a guy with three wives. I know how to handle a date, and can give a few pointers my girls told me. But, first, we need to get you two together in the first place.” I said reassuringly.

“Well, how is that gonna work? A duel would be unfair, I can’t dance to save my life, thank Kingdom Hearts I don’t have to.”

“For dancing I can teach you the basics if you want, but there is also singing, us pretending to be a couple to spark jealousy and challenging me to a duel, and then there is also us convincing him to ask you himself, though that one is impossible.”

“Sing. I can sing.” She said.

I smiled. “Alright, now, we are going to need to talk to the performers before hand, but it would be awesome for them to decide to do a audience duet and just happen to choose both you and Core to do a love song~” I chuckled. “Oh and I’ll make sure he is there for it, don’t worry about that.”

“Can Core even sing? I’ve never heard him sing before.”

“No clue, but I’d bet money he can when he starts getting confidant. Us guys can do anything as long as it is for a potential lover.” I said with a cocky grin.

Unum blushed even harder, and began twirling some of her hair. “Heh, Lovers? We haven’t even been on a date yet Colin, a bit soon to label us as that isn’t it?”

“Call it a hunch.” I said with a small smirk. “So, you in?”

“Well, if it means I at least get a date out of this, sure.”

“Trust me, if you and Core aren't a item before we conect wit the big o’l KH, well that means I’ll have to get you both drunk.” I said with a cheeky smile.

“Heh, good luck. Core’s got an alcohol tolerance that can rival the distillery machine that made it.”

“Oh I don't need luck, not with the mix known as Devil’s Poison.” I said with a chuckle.

“Devil’s Poison? Is that even safe given the name?”

“To most people? Nope! To those like me with extreme tolerance? It’s about one of the only things that can get me drunk.” I admitted with a shrug. “But hey, When drunk, you’ll both either confess, or end up in the same bed, or both. Besides, I know you want to see Core drunk.” I said with a wolfish smirk.

“Heh, the idea is funny. I’ll see you and Core at the festival then.” Unum said, waving a hand and heading back to town.

“Alright, I gotta find the performers and plan out the song. See you!” I said before heading off in a different direction.


The festival began and things got fun. I already was challenged to, and won nine duels before heading to some of the stalls for food and trinkets. I already planned out the idea with Unum, the stage show people, and a few others who would need to know. So I have time to kill.

“See anything you like?” I looked up at the booth perso- CRIPT!? … Why is he wearing a fake mustache?

“Alright, what are you doing here dad.” I said with a roll of my eyes as I walked up to the booth.

“I am that bored.” Cript said, shrugging as he took the false mustache off. “So, you seem to have grown.”

“Well, yeah.” I admitted with a small smile “I didn't expect to become such fast friends with Core, or Unum for that matter. Nor did I expect Core to be the densest material in all the realms. Nor play matchmaker. Lets just say I expected none of this.”

“Meh, had to make sure you were born.” Cript said… wait...

“So, Core is my great great who knows how many great great grandfather?”

“Uh, duh. If he’s Zeke’s he’s yours too.”

“....I had to play matchmaker for my grandfather… doesnt this create a paradox in itself? I mean, If I didn't exist, they would never have gotten together, but I only exist because they got together.”

“You haven’t been looking in the mirror have you?” Cript asked, holding one up and...that’s not me...

“Am I Wolf?” I said, my jaw dropped.

“His name in this point in time is Akora.” Dad said, putting it away. “While he wielded a different Keyblade he was reported missing by his family for… a few months.” Cript smiled slyly.

“Won’t they find out, Unum and Core I mean, that I’m not who I say I am?” I asked. “I mean, once a description is given, I’m a dead ringer.”

“Relax, that’s what I’m here for. Now then, what’s your plan for getting them together?”

“Two phases. First is to get them to sing a duet together, hopefully that’ll break Core out of his shell, The second if that doesn't work is to get the two drunk and admit their feelings for one another, end up in bed, or both. And if that doesn't work, well lets just say Core is a lost cause.”

“Can’t have that, now can you?” Cript said, someone else coming up and buying a snowglobe from his booth. “So, got a last resort?”

“Yeah. During the binding to KH, make a ‘gentle’ nudge and cause the two to kiss during it.” I admitted.

“Simple, might be effective enough.” Cript shrugged. “Just so you know once this is all done and they hook up, I’m gonna return Wolf to his life, but we will stick around a while longer as ghostly observers. There’s a little tidbit you’ll wanna see after all this.”

I raised an eyebrow but shrugged. “Alright, Just hopes this works.” I said, starting off to find Core and make sure he was at the stage in time.


The plan worked. By the end of the festival, Core and Unum where drunk on each other. Thank god cause Core did not make it easy. Dad returned Wolf to his old/past life, and he fast forwarded things some so I could see this surprising news.

“I’m a bit sad to say goodbye to them, but I guess it would make it more painful for them if I stayed.” I said as I watched time flow past me.

“Yes, it can be.” Cript said, time stopping. Yen Sid’s tower? “As you know, Unum hid her pregnancy from Core, and gave her son, your ancestor, to God, Core’s brother and Yen Sid, right?”

“Yeah, that's all I know about it, mostly due to our chats with god.” I said honestly “But if that was it, you wouldn't have bothered bringing me to see this.”

“Unum and Core where together for six years before she was done in by an Embodiment. In that time, she hid two pregnancies.”

“Wait, So there is another child, or set of children related to Unum and Core?” I asked, to clarify

“Just one.” Cript said, before us ran Unum, looking weak and clothes bloody as she opened a DTl...carrying a bundled up baby. “A girl.” I was silent as I watched. It..hurt seeing her like this...

The scene changed once she entered the DTL, showing she exited and was surrounded by… Organization 13...no, no… “Shit.” Unum cursed.

“Unum.” One of them spoke. “You know this child will be destined for greatness.”

“Screw you! You raised me like a weapon, I am not letting you raise my daughter like that!”

“These are the masters who raised and trained Unum, since she was nine. When her parents handed custody over to her when she was given the X-blade.” Cript said.

I gripped my fist so hard they started to bleed as I watched. “I know. She told me.” I said, my aura flaring briefly.

“It is what’s best for the realm of light. With the heartless growing evermore in numbers, your lineage and bloodline alone can destroy them.” The same robed master spoke.

“I am not, letting you touch my child!” Unum shouted, darkness pulsating from her. This surprised the masters.

“W-what?! But, you wield the X-blade! You protect the light!”

“Yes… and I also hold a Balanced heart.” Unum spoke, one eye white, the other black. “Dark and light cannot exist by themselves alone. If you think I’m your weapon for light, remember this.” She said, a Dark Guardian heartless reaching out and grabbing the master she was speaking too. “I am also a guardian of darkness.” The Dark guardian ripped the master in half, the others bearing their Keyblades, only for the guardian to swipe them aside like nats and crush, snap and kill the others in brutal ways. When it was all done, the dark guardian left, Unum’s darkness subsiding, and she stood around corpses and blood.

“Don’t mess with a angry mother.” I spoke in a monotone voice, no remorse for them.

“Yup.” Cript said simply.

Unum kept on walking, opening a DTL as a DTD took in the corpses, leaving no evidence as she entered the DTL. The scene changed. Now we were on… This is… Destiny island? It’s so...different without all the child play stuff. Unum took a seat next to a small little sapling… that bore a single, tiny star shaped fruit. “Hey there, I remember you.” She said, touching the sapling. “You where a seed when I left. Glad to see you grew some.”

I couldn’t help but smile at the sight. Walking around to get a better look at the two. Unum looked… so sad, but I could still see a flicker of that strength I grew to know. “You would have been an amazing mother, I only wish you had more of a chance to do so.”

Unum just sat there, cradling her newborn. She then began to sing…

”When you walk away, you don’t hear me say,”

“Holds even more meaning, huh?” Cript asked as Unum sang the iconic song, this Lullaby version so… calming and...right.

I didnt even hide the tears flowing down my face. As the authors have made me, I rarely cry, always wanting to put even a little bit of positivity in even hopeless situations, but the overwhelming sorrow, added that this was my favorite song to sing even to my children… It made me want to go and hold them close, even if I know I have more training to do.

As Unum sang, she looked out at the sea, a small rowboat with a young, clearly married couple was coming ashore. Unum hid. As the two landed, Unum and I listened to them. “So, Hikari, what are we gonna do?” The man asked.

The woman, Hikari, sighed. “I don’t know… We want a child so badly… but I don’t think I’ll be able to live with another miscarriage…”

Unum’s face got mournful, she looked at her baby, kissing them on the head as she DTL’s to that cave area. We followed, seeing Unum placing some large leaves on the ground before gently putting her child on them. “You’ll love this place.” She cooed. “This is where I was born, and where you’ll grow up and have fun. The childhood and life I never had.” The cave of the islands was… the same, save for the door was missing.

Once her child was carefully placed, she summoned X. “This land birthed me, to wield you…” She spoke to the X-blade. “It should be balanced, like I am.” She pointed it at the wall behind, and a beam of darkness shot from the X-blade, slowly forming was a… wood door, with a keyhole design on it. “A link to the darkness, and the light. May this land now know harmony, for it’s shows both sides of our reality.” Unum sighed, looking over at her sleeping child again before exiting the cave. Seeing the couple still there, looking saddened, she picked up a rock and hit the outer rocks of the entrance, the sound echoing over to the couple.

“What was that?” The woman asked.

“It came from the old cave.” The man said, the two heading over. Unum ran back inside, giving her daughter one last, heartfelt goodbye.

“Please, my child… never know the burden of the fate of all light on your shoulders.” With that, Unum opened a DTL… and left.

The couple came in a bit later. “Hello? Hello?” The woman called into the cave, the two entering. “Oh my!” She yelped as seeing Unum’s child. “John… is that…” The baby began to cry, her husband, John apparently, was dumbfounded while the wife ran to the child’s side. “Shh it’s okay, it’s okay… What kind of person would leave their baby here?” She pondered.

“They look newborn.” The husband said, walking over to his wife holding Unum’s child. “Umbilical cord isn’t even cut yet.”

“Well if they didn’t want it then they should have been left to die. Not the baby.” The wife stated firmly, holding the baby close.

“You have no idea.” I said with I sigh. “You could never know.”

“Well, let’s head back to town, the doc should check her up.” The husband said.

“It’s like Kingdom Hearts answered our prayers.” The wife said as they left the cave.

“Why show me this…” I said, my heart heavy in my chest.

“You needed to see Sora’s ancestor.” Cript said.

“Honestly, not that surprised.” I sighed.

“And, Xehanort's.”

“Again, not surprised.” I said before explaining. “Unum ment for her line to know balance. It only stands to reason eventually they would diverge, one of light, the other of darkness, neither of them understanding the harmony that the two powers could possess.”

“Yeah. And now, you know.” Cript said, everything fading to a white void. “Core’s family and Unum’s both wak a balanced road, but since then, one of Unum’s children created quite the lineage of Keyblade wielders, good and evil, while the other created a line of criminals, that now, creating X’s latest wielder.”

“And an anomaly.” I said, pointing at myself. “The unpredictable user of balanced keyblades without a balanced heart.”

“Heh, that too. I’m showing you this because of a simple fact Eclipse.” Cript said, his expression and tone strict. “History repeats itself. Soon Zeke will have someone he cares for harmed, or worse. He might go off the deep end.”

“And you want me to be the one to real him in.” I guessed before I sighed. “How? I know I’m supposed to be this beacon of positivity, but to make a pun on my name, Zeke eclipses me in every way. Hell they all do. The Foretellers have each other and their Unions, John has the Void, Ben is the king of Nothingness, Zeke is the wielder of the true X-blade and that is not to mention all the other things he has going for him, then there is me. The only things I have that even come close are not because of me. I was adopted by you, and was just randomly given a X-blade by KH. I am not unique Cript, The only thing I have besides those is that I am the only me to have ever existed so far.”

“If you think that.” Cript said, beginning to circle me.

“What do you mean?” I asked, my eyes following him as much as they could.

“Well, if you really believe you’re nothing special, why not just reject Gods offer and die back on earth?”

“Because…” I paused. Why did I accept? I honestly didn't live a fulfilling life, My mother died when I was a kid, and my dad until recently was never a part of my life. I always had to hide my eyes because of their natural red, making me a outcast if I didn't have contact lenses. Why did I accept the offer, if I knew I was nothing special? “I don't know. A spur of the moment decision? Hell I named myself after my cat.”

“There are not enough people like us.” Cript said. “Unum had it, Core had it. Zeke has it, I have it, and you have it. We don’t know when to stop, we don’t accept death when it’s not our time, and even when we are royally screwed in terms of odds, we go on and try.”

“So basically we give the Authors the middle finger because we are stubborn as all hell?” I simplified.

“Hard to kill, we don’t die despite plot would be better off with it, win despite odds. Yeah, we’re basically Middle Fingers to everyone and everything in our way.”

I shrug “Still, I can be as stubborn as I want to be, doesn't matter if I’m barely poking my foes. But I suppose I’m not as useless as I think. After all, main characters always get a small bit of plot armor already.”

“Yeah.”

“So, whats next? More secrets, maybe a few new power ups? Maybe getting to see mom and learn about my culture like Ben did a few chapters ago?”

“Hey, now that’s outside your own story.” Cript laughed. “Sure, but it’s basically Equis but with Naga’s.”

“Meh, maybe later, after I’m done training. I do want to spend time with mom, but threats take the lead, you know?” I said with a small shrug

“Not always.” Cript said. “Sometimes, even with the threat looming overhead, it’s best to take time to relax and focus on what’s important to you.”

I sighed. “I know. Honestly I am tired, but I need to improve. If I don’t, the next time I see them might be the last time.”

“Well then, if that’s what you think.” Cript said, a hole appearing below me. I caught myself on the ledge if it. “Then I’ll have to show you otherwise. Sorry in advance.” Cript said, stomping his foot to my face and showing me into the hole as I fell. Well fuck.


I woke up in… a city, this whole place looks… like shit hit the fan. Wait, is the building on FIRE?! I tried summoning Oath and Oblivion, to no avail. I was human, I checked, my old body, not Wolfs.

“Shit.” I said as I looked around for water I tried to hear if anyone needed help.

The only thing I found was a crowbar. I opened the door and Cript is there… “Sup.” He said.

I grabbed the crowbar before looking at Cript “Alright, what the fuck is going on?”

“Eclipse, Colin, whatever. Welcome to the Anarchy Playground.” Cript said, waving a hand over the edge of the building. “This WHOLE world is one, large video game with every kind of apocalyptic event on simulation. You, and others, players, do, well, whatever.”

I sighed. “Just, call me whichever you prefer. And as for this place, why?”

“A reflection is a big place. Relax, death isn’t permanent, you just respawn in the worlds core, the hub area, and select here you wanna get dropped off. This place is where people can live out their violent fantasies. Don’t tell me you never imagined a Zombie Apocalypse.” Cript said, pointing off the side of the building… This is Left 4 Dead… 2… From what I am guessing.

“Yeah, but what gamer hasnt really?” I said with a sigh. “Basically, you’re saying I need a vacation.”

“Yes and no. You still seem to think that you aren’t up to stuff. You will be here for, oh, a month. No powers, no Keyblades, no anything. Just yourself and the environment. This test is to show you that you can pull off the impossible without having anything special.”

Sigh… of course the Authors and Cript would work together on something like this… “Fine. But I still believe I won't amount to much here.” I said

“Neither did I, yet look what I did.” Cript said, snapping his fingers before vanishing in a puff of smoke. At least he left a handgun… never really shot one. Know dad, birth dad, was a good shot…. huh.

I picked it up before looking it over. It looked like a M1911 .45 with a modified receiver… how I know that I have no clue. Chalking it up to genetics. I found a convenient holster for it before taking a good look at my surroundings.

Seeing nothing else around I headed down into the burning building of Left 4 Dead 2’s first level. Taking a deep breath I opened the door, and saw the undead freaks. I fired, six shots hitting six heads, and the rest shooting through the heads of up and coming undead. When it was empty one got close, pulling out the Crowbar I impaled it into it’s mouth, it exiting through it’s back neck and I pulled it back out as it fell dead… okay that was cool… Guess I have Josh’s aim.

I tried to not let the rush affect me too much, calming down the adenine so I can have a clear head to continue. Once My heart rate has leveled out, I continued on my way, smile on my face as I hummed. “Might as well have a little fun…”

Another infected rushed me. Without thinking I spun, grabbing the side of it’s head and smashing it into the wall next to me, it’s head exploding from the quick pressure… how did I… I mean, On earth I never did hand to hand combat and I never did this with Keyblade training. Alrighty then... I’m just going to accept that that was a thing and go along. I pulled out my gun and without looking fired the remaining five rounds behind me, scoring headshots on each Zombie that tried to sneak up on me before reloading and holstering. “Wait, where did this ammo come from?... I hate lazy writing…”

I went through the area, not having a single struggle when I made it to the elevator. I pressed it and… Dad, er, Josh...mom? It was Josh, clear as Day, that eyepatch gives it away, so does the outfit...forgot he went genderbent… “Hey there son.” She smiled.

“Oh, hey… did you change your name or are you still Josh?” I asked honestly as I holstered my pistol.

“Still Josh, screw Gender rules.” She said. “So, noticed how differently you fight?”

“Yeah, was kinda wondering about that. Know anything about it?” I asked

“You are a Ventral? Aren’t you?”

“Well yeah. I don’t think being reborn then getting my entire genetic makeup restructured changed that, strangely enough.”

“You had a killing mood, didn’t you?”

“Yup, although according to Wolf, it never truly ended, was just repressed.” I said with a shrug.

“Either way, the way you moved, shot, smashed that zombie’s head into the wall. All without thinking right?”

“Yeah, not to mention it felt… good in a strange way.” I admitted.

“Ventrals are tied to violence. We thrive in it, the adrenaline, the rush. We love fighting. In the past america paid some of our family to fight off the Nazi’s in world war two. And world war one. And Vietnam. Our family bloodline has seen more war then any one nations army.”

“The song Seven Nation Army comes to mind for some reason….”

“It fits I suppose.” She shrugged, pulling out an ammo clip from her pocket and tossing it to me. “Ready to fight like a Ventral?”

I grabbed it in mid air, unable to stop the smile on my face, nor the flash of red over my eyes. “Why not, Time to cut loose.”

I entered the elevator, and Josh pulled out her own pistol. Once we hit the ground level Josh and I rushed out for the Silenced SMGs. Once grabbed we opened fired while running into the horde that came at us. A Charger came at us. I saw Josh jump, climbing it’s massive arm and pulling it off to the side, making it fall before offloading four bullets from her handgun into its head, leaving it dead.

I dodged and weaved through the hoard. To me, it felt like they were in slow motion as I grabbed the SMGs and fired in controlled bursts. It all felt easy, right almost.

With ease I grabbed a Hunter as it jumped at me, and slammed it’s head into the ground before shooting it for good measure. With the hordes and specials gone we headed to the safe room. Once we closed the door… a You Survived, screen came on the door. “This whole world is a Video game.” Josh reminded. “Just go with it.”

I shrugged before taking this time to reload all my guns and check my crowbar. “Alright then, I forgot to ask, Here for fun or here for me?”

“You. Cript figured you wouldn’t get it on your own. So I am here to both bond, and teach you how to fight like a Ventral.”

“Works for me. The one day you and I started to bond I nearly died so this is a nice change of pace.”

“Yeah. This is gonna be fun.”

“So, Zombies just a start I presume?” I said as I saw a loading screen

“Yup.” Josh said, walking over to the other door, on a table next to it. More Guns. A pump action shotgun, another machine pistol, and a magnum. Josh took the other machine pistol. “Upgrade if you want.”

I did just that, modifying my SMGs so they could be slightly more acreate so not to waste so much ammo before I looked down and smiled. I pulled out the music player on the ground and grinned. “I got a song just in mind, that is if you don’t mind?”

“Go on. It’s just bring the undead bastards that much closer to our line of fire.” Josh grinned.

I couldn’t help but grin wider as I pressed play. I started to bob my head before I practically kicked open the door. “Lets have some fun.”


The first week was nonstop undead bloodshed. I killed those three tanks at the end of the Passing… WITH A CRICKET BAT! It was amazing. And that isn’t even mentioning the upgrades to my sidearm. Seriously, this thing is a BEAST now! Hell, if I transferred all of them to a Desert Eagle, the gun would probably punch through nearly anything, without spiral nuke rounds. Which, after a moment of consideration, is exactly what I did.

“Now then, you’ve taken to gunfighting.” Josh said, the two of us standing in the Mall area. We cleared it completely of undead.

“Well, I guess so. It just feels natural, but not nearly as much as dual wielding swords. Meh, must be because of how long I had Oath and Oblivion.” I shrugged

“Now then, being a Ventral is more than just about blowing up stuff and shooting everything in sight. It’s out back up plan. Primarily, we sneak.” Josh said, a portal opening behind her. “Through here is a maze of my making. You can not get spotted. Each level of the maze has a different objective to do. Got it?”

I nodded with a mental sigh. “Alright. Weapons or no?” I asked as I placed my hands behind my head in a relaxed manner.

“You’ll use what you get.” Josh said. “Now go on, time to feel like a sneaky bastard.”

“Always wanted to be sly cooper.” I said with a chuckle before I entered the portal, ready for whatever the Authors thought Josh would put into a maze.

As I entered the portal closed. I was in a room with a table, one door, and a single light above me. I picked up the note.

Behind that door is the first maze. There is a dozen rooms, each with Oathkeeper in them. When you look at them through under the door, opening it, and through the keyhole they will look like your keyblade. They will all act and sound like your Keyblade. Only one IS your Keyblade. Sneak your way to find the true Oathkeeper.

-Josh

-PS: Your mom and I have been-

And cutting it off there cause of the rest of the page, front half and back of fetishes… jesus dad… But with a groan I pocketed it… Shy, Lulu and Dash would never forgive me if they didn’t read it…. Anyways, So I need to find the True Oath without getting caught. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

I opened the door. A small hallway with twelve doors was shown to me. Now, which is Oath? And how to tell if they are all identical? ...Gods I’m an Idiot. Time to try something. I crouched in a corner before taking a breath, focusing on what my heart is saying rather than my eyes…. Nothing. Of course it wouldn't be that simple. I groaned before walking over to the seventh Door. “Behind Lucky number seven….”

I walked up to the second door. Opening it, I saw Oathkeeper. Didn’t hear here. Likely not allowed to… how to tell if this is the real one? I’m almost scared to touch it. Carefully as to not trip any alarms, I used my eyes to examine it. having wielded Oath for so long, I have her Keyblade form memorized, right down to the slight ‘scar’ on her from when she got dented.

The ‘scar’ was on her length. This had it, the slight sent, the one missed flaw from her repair. It had it, but do the others? “There has to be a trick to this.”

I left the room with a glance back to the keyblade to check at least one of the others. Damn, they have it too… shit, what’s the trick? Wait, this is about stealth… how does… I left the door open, and turned around. I slowly turned my head some, just so the corner of my eye saw it… a Starlight. I have to observe without making it look like I am looking! I grinned, Silently thanking Bio, knowing Lancerot definitely wouldn't have cut me some slack before checking the rooms one by one to find her.

I opened the doors, checking the corner of my eye and seeing Starlights, til I arrived at the ninth door… Oath? Without looking, I grabbed it.

”Oh Eclipse! You’re still human… and did you get more muscular? Wait a minute are those GUNS?!” Yup, good old Mama Oathkeeper.

‘I missed you too mother.’ I said mockingly ‘You alright?’ I added seriously.

”Aside from Cript throwing me on a couch while I was kept from you and leaving the TV on Fox not too bad. Though I’d rather not dare say what your Father...Mother Josh USED me for… You might want to wash me in bleach...for a year…”

‘....I think I’m gonna kill her, wait for her to revive, just to kill her again.’ I said in a voice of realization before chuckling. ‘Come on, if you’re here, Oblivion can’t be far behind.’

”Hopefully.”

Another portal opened behind me. This one I entered and was met by a door and note.

Here in this maze you’ll find Oblivion. The trick here is that he is safeguarded by a vault. You must take him from the vault without opening it.

For a joke, I tried to simply summon him to my hands. “Nope. Welp, time to figure this out the hard way, huh Oath?” I said with a smile, unable to see the red glint in my eye as I walked down the corridor seemingly without a care in the world, But Oath knows me better. I’m trying to see what kind of security I’ll need to deal with.

Once I opened the door I saw this looked…. Like a bank. Holographic guards all over the place, cameras, lazers, alarm triggers everywhere… and I am on the roof? Huh, Oh hey another note.

Colin, this is an exact replica of my first ever bank I robbed blind.

-Josh

“Because of course it is.” I said with a chuckle before closing my eyes taking a deep breath,

And changing the view. “Oath, I know you can take pony know thanks to Cript, can you take a human you think?” I asked the Keyblade in a dead serious tone, my brain going hyper with plans of entrance, exit, and all counting on going unseen.

”No Idea. I can see if stop or sleep spells work on these… false people.”

“Worth I try. Alright, let’s see if this works…” I said before throwing her in the air, my heart connected to hers and asking for it to take a human shape, or at least, that’s the hope here. Up to the Authors on whether or not this totally bullshit plan works but hey, you guys came to read this shit. Deal with it.

She did not turn human, but she turned pony. Fuck you too guys! “Sigh. It was too much to hope for. Alright, Oath come back, time to brainstorm.” I said trying to resummon her

“Actually, this gives me an idea.” Oath said, staying pony. “Compared to Equin buildings, I’m small enough to fit into vents. I might be able to sneak in and find you an entrance.”

“Nice job Oath, that's a good plan. But remember, if you think you’re about to get caught, do you’re whole disappear thing before that. Your safety is just as important as me not getting caught if we want to get Oblivion.” I spoke.

“Of course. Welp, I’ll be back one way or another.”

I nodded before walking over to a vent and strait up tearing off the cover. “In you go.” I said, helping her in as I used my vantage point to try and memorize guard routes.

“EEYP!” She yelped, falling into the vent. “That was my flank you grabbed!” She huffed before I could hear her moving slowly in them.

I laughed “Anytime sweet cheeks.” I responded, knowing she knows I mean nothing by it. Now before I go too off track, back to studying.

The guards where observing all of the floor area, and the cameras had a wider frame of view.

’Eclipse, can you hear me?’ Oath asked me. Forgot out Telepathy thing.

‘Yeah, I hear you, what’s up?’ I thought back, still watching the guards.

’I found the inside of the safe, and I see brother. He’s leaning against the wall aside a LOT of gold bars… it’s all gold bars and coming in here. What is this a Pirate's bank?’

I opened my mouth before closing it and leaning over the edge to confirm that question… THIS IS FUCKING FORT KNOX!!! ‘Worse…. Fort Fucking KNox.

’That place from your old world where your nation held all it’s gold? Your father robbed THIS place blind?’

‘Apparently.’ I sighed ‘When I get home, I am sending the kids to bed, and breaking into my stash of Sweet Apple Acre Hard cider. I’ll even let you try some.’

’That sounds lovely. Now then, how to get in here. More importantly, how to get you in here?’

‘I… I’ll figure something out, but we need to not get caught, then not open the vault to get Oblivion.’

’Damn, if brother was here he could help in that. He has a rarely known about ability to open and create pocket… Eclipse, do you still have that Assistant of your on your arm?’

I glanced down, constantly forgetting I have that thing. ‘Yessss?’

’Cript said it stores items by converting them into data. I can use to retrieve brother, if it reaches enough.’

‘Worth a try, but we still need to get me close.’

’Hmm… I’m coming back, I have an idea.’ Oath said, crawling her way to up here. She fell out the vent with a huff. “Well, that hurt.” She huffed getting back up.

“You’ll be fine. So, what’s the idea you got?” I asked. “Because in about 2 minutes 30 a guard is going to turn corner A-D and chatt to his buddy for exactly 42 second before deciding to be the one guard that looks up, and we will need to make ourselves flat during that time to avoid sighting.”

“Let me see your Assistant.” She asked, as I kneeled down to her level. She took it and was messing with it for a bit. “Ah, this might be it.” She clicked something and HOLY FUCK I’M FIVE INCHES TALL. “This thing can do anything can’t it?” She asked, her now massive by comparison size booming to me now.

“What the fuck Oath!” I said in a cartoonishly high pitched voice. “Oh mother fucker!”

“Sorry, but it’s the only way to get you inside. I left the shrink option open on your Assistent so once you slide through the vent you can grow back to normal and grab brother.”

“Sigh. At least it’s not like I’m forgetting something obvious about it that some of the others have been using.” I said before turning to look at the screen. “Like that would ever happen… right Lance? Bio?” I said with a single eye twitch before going back to the job at hand. “Alright, get me in there.”

Oath put me on her head, which from this view everything looked kinda cool. Once inside the vent and some crawling, we made it to the vent that that Oblivion. Damn, there is a lot of gold here… right, Fort Knocks. Once I slid in and dropped down, I managed to walk over, still tiny, and grabbed Oblivion, who once I touched him, shrunk to fit my tiny grip. ”Holy Shit you are tiny!”

“Blame your sister.” I said with a chuckle. “Now… how to get out….” I said, looking around for an escape, hopefully without tripping any alarms.

”Uh, this.” Oblivion said, raiding himself up in my grip and opening a DTL. ”Sis, get your ass down here!”

Oathkeeper appeared in my other hand. ”No need for vulgar language brother.”

“No arguing now.” I said, tossing them into the air as the formed into my wing gliders before opening a DTL. “Let’s get out of here.”


The DTL exited us in… The Dark Margin? “Okay then, I figured we would need to travel to the realm of darkness eventually but not immediately… I wonder if Core kept the original Sora’s heart…” I said to myself as I turned the keyblades back into their normal blade form.

From the way the sand looked it looks as if someone else was here just earlier...wonder who? Taking a seat where they sat, I looked up at the moon in this area. Wonder why this place has a moon? Meh, I don’t know, so I don’t think the authors know. Not like it mattered really. So, moving off from the random thoughts, I started to follow the markings in the sand.

They stopped at the water, where a deep imprint, like something heavy or something that appeared suddenly. They stopped at the line in the sand before the water. I looked up, the moon in the sky...began to darken, and formed a black heart with a Keyhole over it.


Reacting on instinct, I raised both Oath and Oblivion, ready to lock, or unlock whatever this heart was. “Guys, what do you think?” I asked, not doing anything just yet.

”Wait.” Oblivion said, him and Oath shifting into their X-blade form. ”Now fire!”

I nodded before reaching into my heart, gathering both my light and darkness before firing the beam into the keyhole to see what would happen. ‘One of these days that curiosity will get me killed.’ I sighed.

The beam fired, and the Keyhole unlocked. Darkness pooled out and wrapped itself around me, dragging me deeper into it. Once it sunk my head in, I was suddenly in what looked like a Photo Negative of the Realm of Darkness… whole place is so bright it’s almost hard to look at.

“Alright, what did I do to piss of Mr. Negative?” I said, chuckling at my marvel reference as I tried to look for anything NOT Negative just to relax my eyes.

I had to walk around for a while, looking here and there before finding a building. It’s inside was so dark, not blindingly bright. I ran inside. Once in I let my eyes rest. They began to adjust to the dark...that’s when I noticed the eyes… Yellow, Heartless eyes. As my eyes adjusted, I saw...The Dark Guardian.

“Oh. Why hello there.” I said with my signature grin. “Alright, you here to fight? If so, you really should have taken advantage of my delirium just a moment ago.”

It shook it’s head, pointing up. Above I saw images of… Zeke, Diamond Tiara… Xehanort? Weren't they all killed? And lastly John. These must be all the people that can call him.

“So, those who you are bonded to? What about them?” I asked, no longer as tense as I was earlier.

It raised it’s hand, a chain and cuffs where on them. The chains reached up to the images above, linking it to them more physically them expected.

“... You’re a slave.” I said, my heart going out for the Guardian.

He shook his head. He showed me his cuffs came off, but he prefers to keep them on… slave by choice?

“So, you want to be tied to the darkness of others?” I guessed. What, I never learned sign language, not like the guardian is using it.

Again, he shook his head. This time, he raised up his other hand. An image of Unum...I saw this, this is when she was escaping with her daughter. It showed her, and her babies heart, both glowing with a strong light, and Unum’s with an equal darkness...then he appeared, surfacing out from Unum’s heart. Was...that how he was created?

“That's why you are called Guardian… You were made to watch over Unum’s descendants.” I said

He gave me a look that said I had half the answer. He then showed me Zeke, John, Diamond Tiara, and Terranort. Each then showed the light and darkness in their hearts. Zeke’s was equal, Johns darkness, and Tiara’s where dominant, and Terranort had one heart of pure darkness, as well as Terra’s darkness and the little light that is Terra’s.

It suddenly clicked. “You link to those who are at risk of falling, letting their darkness consume them.”

He nodded.

“And you are telling me why? You don’t want people to fall to darkness or something?”

He nodded.

I sighed. “I get it now. You don’t want me to fall. But… I can make it work. I want Light and dark to put aside the age old quarrel and work towards something, possibly even create something neither thought possible.” I looked him straight into his heartless eyes. “Don't tell me you’ve never thought of the war finally ending.”

He looked at me, then pointed outside. Looking, I saw another building like this one. Almost an exact copy.

“What’s over there, looks the same as this building.” I said, my eyes squinting at the brightness of the Negative ground outside.

He motioned for me to go and see. Nodding. I squinted my eyes, heading over. In this building, I found… Kingdom Key D? What’s this doing here?

’Who seeks my power?’ It spoke, it’s voice like a faint whisper.

‘I suppose me, however I seek both darkness and light.’ I responded, used to talking in my head due to Oath and Oblivion.

’Darkness and light. The two can not be more different, yet they are just both parts of the same thing. Meaningless efforts trying to extinguish one or the other. Too many fools. Too many failures.’

‘I agree. I am striving for not balance, but peace between the two eternal enemies.’ I said to the keyblade.

’Such old wounds can never be mended. Not in this reality. Two enemies, born from the same heart. Such stupidity, fighting over this existence like it’s true self did oh so long ago. History repeats itself in the most ironic of ways.’

‘Then look at my heart.’ I said, letting my forces flow out of me, my light and darkness working together. ‘I have made the first steps. Peace is possible.’

’You walk balance, like many before you. But to truly find peace, the two must rejoin, as they were in the beginning. Not light, dark or even nothing. But grey. The simple grey of our birth before the split to light and dark.’

I looked into my heart as I took D’s words. ‘...Do you think it is possible to create the grey once more? To show the light and the dark of what they once were?’

’Anything is possible in this reality we exist in. In truth it if infinite but it’s rigged to be finite. Our creation, in total makes up barely a blink of how massive we could expand. Find the one one who fought in the first ever war. Find the last survivor of old, and learn the truth about the lost true form of our hearts.’

‘Any hint as to where to find them?’ I asked, wanting to recreate the gray.

’I know not his name, but I know his race. Admin, the oldest of his race.

‘The oldest admin?... I’ll need to ask Cript later. Thank you for you time, Kingdom Key of Darkness.’ I said, showing respect for the old blade.

’Think not of it. Like the guardian over there we exist here to avoid the conflicts of our reality unless needed or called upon. This Negative reality our escape from the war and suffering of the realms of light and dark.’

‘I hope that I am successful, so to slowly start the process of true peace.’ I said, starting to cut off my connection to the blade.

I left, heading off and looking for a way out of here. God’s, this place is so bright. I get it is a safe haven for those two so they can get away but holy shit. I groaned as I wandered the negative realm of darkness.

Looking around I saw a DTD open up before me. Turning around I saw the Dark Guardian there. Must have given me my way out. “Hey thanks.” I said to him with a smile. “I hope one day you no longer need to worry about those you’ve grown to care for.” I said, now knowing a bit more about the dark figure.

I entered the DTL, and wondered where I’ll be heading next.


I found myself… This is Ponyville but...something isn’t right… Everypony is naga. “Hi Eclipse!” I turned around, seeing mom there. BOTH Moms! And Josh!

“Hey everyone, so, this is your Equestria?” I asked Mama Gleaming

“Yup.” Gleaming said. “Figured you’d want to see how my world is similar and different from your Equis.”

“Heh, I guess this is more of dad trying to get me to relax.” I chuckles. “Alright, so, where to?” I asked my parents.

“Well first I figured we all could go on a tour of Canterlot.” Mom said. “I know you already grew up there but the differences and similarities might give you some welcome nostalgia and curiosity.”

“Huh, sure. It’d be interesting anyways, I haven't been in Canterlot for a while.” I said, putting my hands behind my head.

“Come on, the train is gonna leave soon.”

We hopped on the train and I decided to talk with them all, asking questions of whatever popped into my head. To all of them.

“So.. How has everyone been? Oh and Josh, Fort Knox, really?”

Josh laughed. “Hey, my old man was ruthless. I robbed Fort Knox, and little bro blew up Area 51. Dad was ruthless.”

“We’ve been getting along pretty great.” Mama Gleaming said.

“Josh and I have been rekindling that first part.” Mom said, wrapping an arm around Josh. “And adding Gleaming to the mix has made life all the more interesting.” Man, I am used to Gleaming as a Lamia but seeing mom and Josh as them too is almost surreal.

“So, how long did it take you two to get used to a naga body?” I asked

“Josh here took the longest.” Gleaming said. “But your mom got her used to it with some… special training~” They all chuckled… oh god...

“Alright, can we please keep the bedroom talk to the minimal? We have young readers.” I chuckled to hide my internal screaming.

“Well anyway, seems your training has been doing well.” Mom said. “I bet it’s strange, seeing me after I… well, you know…”

“Well… yeah… I had almost forgotten what you looked like to be honest…” I admitted. “But, I’ve learned to just accept things for as they are, good or bad. It’s how I can out 4th wall break Pinkie after all.” I smiled. “Got that from you after all mom.”

She chuckled. “So, how’s your family?” Josh asked.

“Well, Scootaloo has been just amazing with Dive Wing. She is well on her way, and I have no doubt she will become one of the youngest keyblade masters out there. Pura is a gem, if I didn't know any better I would say she was a princess of heart with how pure she is. Gerald and Greka are still distant, but they are slowly warming up to the others. Chicken Chaser, that colt… I can’t get a read on him. Anything I throw at him, while at first he is terrible, he learns way to quick to be normal, and that’s from me. Xena has been hanging out with Spike more often, but it’s probably just to see another dragon. Cutting has been training with Scoots every chance those two get. Verum… That kid needs to learn. He has so much potential, and he waistes it with his racism and just argantcy. Morphia and Sciath have always been close, but now they are a thick as thieves. Shy, Dash and Lulu were fine last I say them, the later two far along in their pregnancy.”

“Rivaling your cousins own young master huh? Heh, I would love to see that day.” Josh said.

“I bet you would.” I smiled before taking a drink of water. “What about you all? Anything interesting happening?”

“Other than this relationship, nothing too big.” Gleaming said. “Despite who we are all married to life as one of Cript’s wives is boring. Sex is good, but it can get boring at times.”

“Then why not go out and do something?” I ask “I mean, you have all of the multiverse to explore, why not take your children and maybe a few others and just go world hopping, see new sites, live life?”

“We do, but at a certain point it all falls into a been there-done that kind of deal.”

“Then make it not so.” I said, my smirk on my face and eyes aflame “Life is what you make of it. If something is burning, all it takes is for you to have another view, maybe create something. If everything is boring and not worth it, then there is no point to continue. And I don’t know about you, but I play life to win. So, ready player one?”

“Hey, that movie isn’t out yet in this timeline.” Mom commented.

“In any case we do what we can to keep entertained. We mostly end up in the nursery to look after the babies. Never a dull moment there.” Gleaming chuckled.

“I bet. I just know the new kids are gonna give me sleepless nights when they are born.” I laughed.

“Warm milk… and a sleeping spell for when they get restless isn’t cheating.” The three of them said and laughed.

“Besides, I have Luna and Night for when they start to get nightmares….heh.” I said, chuckling at the thought of Nightmare Moon banishing nightmares.

“I can imagine. Speaking of, you have any lately?” Mom asked. “We know about this second war, and a lot is riding on it.”

“Well… Not really… I’ve been training nonstop so to protect the girls and the kids, Training to catch up to the others. John, Ben, Zeke, the Foretellers, all of them are powerful and unique. The only power I have is being a timeline anomaly and being stubborn as hell.” I sighed. “I don’t want any of my kids to go through the coming war, but I made the mistake of giving them all keyblades. I don’t want to lose any of them, even if I have to die for it to be so.”

“I’m sure it will all work out.” Josh said. “Not only are you Cript’s son, but also mine. You’re a Ventral, our family thrives in warzones. You’ll do well.”

“Thanks Josh.” I said with a small smile. “But yeah, to answer your question mom, not for nearly a month, two if you count how long it takes the authors to put out a single chapter for me.”

The tour of the city was impressive. So many memories and differences. The tour ended with a visit the the museum, one of Twilight’s favorite places, and I saw how this worlds Equines evolved into naga ponies. Huh… well that’s different. Reptile ancestor evolving into mammalian species… just mammal ancestors back home.

“Well this was enlightening.” I said after our tour.

“Yeah, who know biology science could be fun.” Josh said.

“Well, Eclipse… this is where we say goodbye for a while…” Mama Gleaming said, she, Mom and Josh looking saddened.

“Hey, why the long faces?” I said with a smile. “I know what is going to happen soon. You all, Twilight, many people will become one. But it’s not like I will never see you again, you’ll just look different is all.”

“Well, we will be able to speak with you as ourselves.” Mom said, Josh handing me a box.

“After Cript’s plan is put into action, put these out. One day we’ll say hi.” Josh said, giving me a hug. “And here.” She said, giving me two handguns. “These handguns I’ve had since I was your age… figured it’s time they are given to someone who will be able to use them more than I will.”

I looked down at them and smiled before looking up at Josh. “You know, I really wish I had met you before this whole reality in danger stuff… I feel like we would have made quite a few memories.”

“I wish I met your before I played a part in it.” Josh laughed.

“Here.” Mama Gleaming said, giving me a shield with her/Shining’s cutie mark, though, this one has a snake wrapped around the design. “Something I made for you. It might be different than your usual dual wielding, but remember defence is just as important as offence.” She said.

I smiled at it. “Hey, this way when I use my X, I can still feel two things in my hands. Besides, the spartans were the most badass warriors on earth, and they used the shield just as much as a weapon as a defence.” I gave Mama Gleaming a hug. “Sorry I didn’t spend more time with you.”

“And this is from Cript and me.” Mom said, handing me a sheathed sword. “You earned your Humanity blade. With this sword, only the unsavable will be harmed, and all who can be saved shall be. A weapon that only harms evil.”

I took the weapon and held it. “I feel like it is not for me to decide who is evil and good, but it never hurts to have a back up.” I said, the insanity inside of me confused as to why the blade doesn’t hurt.

“Well, looks like this is by for now.” Josh said.

“I… guess so…” I said, unable to halt the single, red and blue tear trailing down my face.

They all gave me a hug. “You got this kid.” Josh said.

“We’ll be seeing you again someday, just sadly not someday soon.” Gleaming said.

“And remember, we all love you. With all our hearts.” Mom said, everything fading white as I felt them...less and less. When the light ended and I no longer felt their touch… I was back home, in the living room.

“In you and I… There's a new land…” I started to sing, unable to stop the aching in my heart.

“Dad!” I was tackled to the ground by a flying orange chicken snake! Scootaloo got a bit bigger… and she can break my ribs now, OUCH!

I grunted in pain. “Hey squirt, I’m back.” I weazed out

“Oh you were gone for a long long time this time!” She squeezed me more…. Authors have mercy!


Thank you!

After Scoots had calmed down enough to let me go she flew out the door to round up all the others… including her mothers…. Oh boy.

“So, you were gone for a while this time around.” Luna spoke. She and Shy were… no longer pregnant… a year… a whole...freaking year…

“Oh by all the stars…” I said, now miserable. “Girls… I know there is no excuse. I wanted to be back, at least in time to be there for you. I got so caught up in trying to get stronger, trying to become the guardian for you all… I guess I lost sight of what made the fight worth it.” I sighed. “Luna, Rainbow, Flutters… can you all forgive me?”

They looked at me sternly for a while… then grew smiles. “Eclipse, we aren’t mad.” Fluttershy said.

“We know about this war and junk you have to focus on and put up with.” Rainbow said.

“We are just happy as long as you return home.” Luna finished. “That and a year of dildoes and toungues gets old when we were used to your dick… Hell Wolf and his herd now have nine kids and added two more mares to his herd.” She had to add.

“He is probably pissed that I suddenly left him inside a station of awakening.” I chuckled

“He got over that. He did take a job as a Keyblade smith and repair worker after…”

I felt a small spark of dread at that pause. “After what? What happened while I was gone?”

“...Daybreak is gone Eclipse.” Fluttershy said. “The whole world… someone invaded, the Crystal heart was shattered and… it blew up, to keep the waves of heartless from dragging it into the darkness, into Kexez’s hands. While the Government is still running strong… the world itself is gone, and no one has heard from Zeke or his family since then.”

I felt a mix of everything at that moment, my dark, light, insanity and humanity all reacting at once as I felt… Everything. I took a few breaths to try and calm down, black, white, red and blue energy pooling off me slowly fading with each breath. “At least you all are safe.” I said once the energy had faded, all my powers now directed at the one who threatened… and possibly harmed my cousin's family.

“WIthout Daybreak their people where sent to worlds that were connected with them. A fair amount came here and set up the Keyblade forges. At first there was some tension it’s faded now since Heartless have been springing up regularly but the extra Keyblades and wielders in training are keeping them at bay.” Luna said.

“Damn it all….” I sighed, resting my face in one of my hands. “I really did lose sight.” I say to myself, thanking small stars none of the girls noticed my new build and scars as I looked out the window. Scoots and the other kids were all outside, playing and training, but I knew they were all eager to see me again. “So, what did you name them?” I asked, referring to the three infants.

“Fluttershy had a boy. We named him Josh, after your father. I had a girl. Star Charge. You might wanna come see her and a boy. Eclipse jr.”

“Wait, I’m a senior now?” I asked “Didn’t expect that one. I’ll see them later today… Hopefully they like their dad who is never home…” I said, unable to keep the guilty tone out of my voice.

“Well jr can wait but Star…” There was a loud crash upstairs. “Not again…” We all bolted upstairs… There, I saw the nursery… and a little filly in diapers, my mane and eyes, Luna’s coat… on a Keyblade glider?! “Star… disband that...now.”

“Bababudu…” She muttered in baby, the glider disbanding as… a Wayward wind Keyblade dropped with her. Luna caught the unicorn naga foal in her magic, and the filly grabbed her keyblade in her magic, and began gnawing on the blade. “As you can see… she summoned it not two days after her birth…”

“Heh, trying to show up her old man.” I said, my red eyes looking at the youngest keyblade wielder that isn't a keyblade I know. “Hey little star.” I said, my voice and tone soft as a feather.

She looked at me with starry eyes… then sneased, a Fire spell cast from her keyblade shot me point blank in my chest and knocked me over. She then proceeded to giggle.

I groaned as I sat back up. “Now now, as much as that was cool, it’s not alright to cast fire in a wood building little one.” I said before whispering in her ear. “At least when moms are around.” I said, pulling away with a grin despite my scorched chest.

“Heard that.” Luna said. “I don’t even know how this happened. Or that this was even possible.”

“Oh it’s possible, just not common… it means that she is destined to do something with her life, something great.” I said with as smile. “As if there were any doubts.” I looked back at her and smiled. I felt worse…. But also better seeing her. I missed her birth, but here she is, something I helped to father.

“But isn’t a ceremony or something meant to happen first?”

“Not all the time. Sometimes a keyblade simply chooses a wielder, sometimes it goes to a different wielder instead of the one it was meant for during crisis situations.” I said. “Heck, I had no ceremony and I have oath, Oblivion, and now my own X-blade.”

“Still, this whole thing is...strange.”

I kissed her cheek. “It may be, but as long as my heart exists, I will never let anything happen to my family.”

“Well...guess we’ll just have to make sure she can control her summoning it. So young and with a weapon… dear stars already we messed up as parents cause our foal has a weapon… and it’s one we can’t even take away, it will just return to her.”

“Hey, Oath, Oblivion, can you help out here?” I asked, summoning them before turning them into their pony forms so Luna, Shy and Dash could hear them.

“What’s the issue?” Oath asked.

“Yeah, I was napping.” Oblivion complained.

“Can you two talk too Wayward? He kinda chose my daughter while she is an infant.” I asked them. “Oh and sorry about the nap Oblivion.”

“Well, I’ll try.” Oath said, touching Wayward. The conversation seeming to be between it and her only. “Oh my…” She said letting go of the Keyblade. “It seems it followed the heart of it’s last wielder into your daughter. It’s last wielder was reborn as Star.”

“So my universe’s Ventus was reborn as star.” I said, looking down at her and Wayward. “Wayward, I can respect that. I only ask that you keep her safe and out of trouble when none of us are around, okay?” I said to the keyblade.

It flashed. “He says of course, that is a Keyblades job after all.” Oath translated.

“Well there we go.” I said, turning to Luna with a smile. “Just think of Wayward as a brother from another family looking after his favorite sibling. Hell, I think of Oath and Oblivion as if they are my own siblings, quirks and all.”

“Well, alright then.” Luna said.

I wrapped my tail around Luna and gave a soft squeeze. “Besides, this way she is ready for when boy’s pressure her into prom sex. Older brother will be there to cut off their manhood, however small it is.”

“Assuming you won’t be there first.” Luna quipped, giving me a light kiss before placing star back in her crib.

I looked at her and brushed some hair out of her face as I looked at her. To be honest, I was afraid that anything I do would break her, but I knew if I was a threat Luna wouldn't let me be within 1000 feet of the child. “So.. What about John and Jr.?”

Fluttershy showed me Josh. My coat, her eyes and mane, but with a purple stripe like mine. Jr looked a LOT like me, the only difference was his mane was dark blue like Luna’s.

“Wow, no wonder you named him Jr.” I said looking at the boys.

“Yeah. Seemed fitting.” Luna said. “So…” She said.

“So…?” I asked, wondering what she wanted to say.

“So, while we aren’t mad we do have a punishment in mind~” Luna said. “You have been gone a whole year…”

“We’re gonna make you sore inside and out.” Fluttershy said in an innocent tone of voice that somehow added a whole creep and fear factor of its own.

“Dash?” I asked, turning to her, hoping for some mercy.

“We developed some new fetishes while you were out. Expect nightmares from what we have in store.” She said so coldly.

Oh Bio, Lance, I hate you both. I gulped. “Hopefully the kids understand why they need to wait another week…”