• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 4,856 Views, 56 Comments

Keys of Harmony - BioQuillFiction



It's 2012 and god gives me a new life and I'm reborn as a pony with all my human memories. And I mean re born, out of the womb kind of reborn.

  • ...
19
 56
 4,856

The Light in The Darkness

Did I really put him through hell? That memory is one I kept locked up tighter than any others due to the simple pain of it. You don’t know. None of you can know that pain. Being forced to watch as they tortured and eventually, killed our only parent you had ever known. I sat there on my knees, crying while Wolf went on talking. I can’t remember all of what he said, my mind flashing through my life, all those nights I was alone crying, all those days I was bullied, everything that lead me to being the antisocial man I was before all this craziness. I was nothing. I gasped as my mind started to take another direction. I saw my new life to this point. Yea there was pain, it wouldn’t be life without it. But there were others I cared for, and who cared for me. I saw flashes of all the misadventures I had, before three powerful images flashed. First of me with the others, those also learning the way of the keyblade in the club, laughing and having fun together. Second was a image of the other survivors I met, all of them getting even a small smile at our antics. And the final one is one that will never leave my heart, come hell or high water. Nothing will ever take it away. It was a mash up picture that included the fallen. I saw my mother chatting with Luna and Fluttershy. A filly running between my legs and into a building in front of me. Suddenly my mom turned to me with Luna and Fluttershy smiling. Twilight walked out of the building, looking happy if exhausted as more fillies and colts ran out the doors to greet me. The image brought a tear to my eye as I was hugged by many children and my marefriends. My mom came up and help me close, making me feel like it was all those years ago. A hand was placed on my shoulder before a voice that sounded oddly familiar spoke.

Well, are you going to give up on them?

“NO!” I shouted as I looked up, casting a small barrier in my hands despite not having a keyblade or being a unicorn, blocking a swipe from Wolf. “I’m not done yet!”

“Didn’t you hear me? I’m not going back to being your heart’s garbage bin!” Wolf yelled as he tried to force me down.

“And I’m not asking you to be!” I said, throwing him off. “I’ll take the pain from now on! You’ve suffered enough! Darkness has suffered enough! But you told me darkness is what caused emotions right?” I dashed in front of him with speed that surprised even myself. “Then fight not for me, fight for this!” I said as Light covered my hand as I grabbed his face. Suddenly white tattoos started to cover him to match my black ones. He got on his hands and knees as I showed him the images I had going through my head not a second ago.

“Why… This-This changes nothing!” Wolf said unconvincingly as he snapped out of it. “This doesn’t change what you have done! It changes nothing you bastard!”

“I am a bastard, thanks for noticing.“ I say with a chuckle

“Shut the fuck up!” He yells as he charges at me.

“Tell me! Do you love Nightmare!” I yelled as I blocked another swipe with my arcane shield. “Would you die for her? Would you give up everything to be by her side? Would you gladly kill someone you love for her?”

“Of course I would!”

“So would I! Death is as natural as life, and as much as I love life, I would kill for Luna! So tell me what makes us different?!”

Wolf looks hard at me before returning with questions of his own. “Would you betray Zeke and the other survivors for your reflection? Would you say fuck it and let entire universes die just to protect your family? Would you?!”

“Without hesitation!” I shout. This caught him off guard as we both backed away. “Lets finish this anime style why don’t we? One strike from both sides?”

He grumbles “I was hoping to say that.” he said, pouring all of his darkness into a blade like weapon while I made a light one.We charged at each other, yelling and in a blink, we both had the blades pressed against each other's throats.

“Why didn’t you go for the kill. Thought you wanted me dead.” I ask, my hair making a shadow over my eyes.

“Heh, I could ask you the same question.” He said with his wolfish grin.

“I never wanted to kill you, you know that. After all, I art thou.” I said looking up with a smile

“And thou art I.”

“With this the contract is formed.” We both said as we looked each other in the eyes.

“You stupid Persona nerd.” Wolf says lowering his blade before dispersing it.

“What can I say.” I said, dispersing my blade “So….we cool?”

“...Fine. But on one condition. From now on, you do not have full control. I don’t want to go back to being nothing anymore. I...I can’t go back to that.” Wolf said begrudgingly

“Deal. How about this, you ride shotgun in my mind, see the things I see and in a way, do what I do. We be one, instead of two.” I suggest with a smile.

“Heh...I never thought it could work until now….but might as well.” He smiled before tendrils of darkness seeped unto me during a bright flash of light.

It felt… different. I to this day can’t describe it. I didn’t feel pain, so it wasn’t painful, but I didn’t feel warm either. It was like nothing had happened, but I could feel something. One thing was for certain, it felt right! Like everything was where it should be. I felt like something clicked. I was Eclipse Ventral, the combination of both my lifes lined up the way they should be. I felt the Killing Mood Wolf was suppressing, but it didn’t control me, rather I controlled it. I looked up and grinned as these shadowy figures rushed as me now that the fighting stopped. I summoned a blade from my heart, noticing it was white with tendrils of darkness coming off it before I sliced one in half.

This I could get used to.

As I fought, I noticed I was starting to get overwhelmed. I could feel one of them try to attack my back before something blocked it. I looked back to see Wolf with his blade block a strike. “Can't get rid of me that easily asshole.” He said.

“What can I say, Wolves never fight alone.” I said with a wicked grin.

“Finally accepting the Killing Mood are we?” He said with a glance to me. We both smiled as we slaughtered the shadow figures, laughing the entire time. It took about ten minutes, but eventually We both started to get bored. “Would be better if they actually had blood.” Wolf grumbled.

“At least we get the rush of battle…but this is starting to get repetitive.” I responded. This was utter boredom after a while. It was like they were throwing themselves onto our blades. And suddenly, like a Deus Ex Macina, all the shadow figures disappeared. “That's…rather convenient. It’s like the author of a bad fanfiction couldn’t be bothered to write a more epic fight scene.”

“Tell me about it.” Wolf agreed, seemingly disappointed that the fight was over. We unsummoned our blades before walking side by side in a random direction. “Why do you even bother?” Wolf asked after a bit of walking.

“What do you mean?” I responded.

“Why do you keep positive when there is nothing to be happy about?”

“Simple. Because what is scarier to fight, a opponent who is constantly worrying, serious and uptight, or one that while you fight them, shows they are playing with you.” I said as we stop. “I never claimed that I keep positive, I simply use psychology against my opponent. I laughed previously to throw them off guard… though I guess now it will be true laughs as I fight. Besides, I know I’m not a goodie two shoes. I never pretended to be.”

“But that doesn’t mean you’ll let others harm what is precious to you.” Wolf finished for me.

“Exactly.” I summoned my blade again and looked at it. “No one will take away what I love ever again. Even if that means I have to kill innocents, I would do it to protect those a care for. They may hate me for it, but as long as they are safe, alive and breathing, I could care less.”

“Whatever you say, just glad you’ve stop denying yourself. What will you call that power your blade is made out of though?”

I didn’t stop looking at it while he talked. “Well, Zeke already has dibs on the name Purified Darkness, so how about Corrupted Light? Seems about right by how we are...partner.” I said, disbanding it and turning to him with a smile. “If Darkness and Light are destined to fight, then how about we forge our own destiny together.”

“Eh, Destiny is a bitch anyways.” Wolf says uncaringly. “Oh and I should tell you, if we ever do get out of here, your eyes are their natural red now.”

“Perfect.” I said honestly. “I’m not Eclipse Sparkle, I’m not Colin Ventral, and I sure as hell am not you. I think both of my names will work for my new name. Eclipse Ventral has a nice ring to it.” I said as I continue to walk. I felt so different. It was a good different, but I felt like I finally accepted who I was. I am a survivor. I am a killer. I am a lover. I am a warrior. I am both dark and light. I am Eclipse. And I will survive and excel at protecting my family no matter what.

We kept walking for who knows how long. Time became a blur. The only excitement we had was the occasional fight with the shadow figures, but they never lasted as long as the first time. I was honestly surprised we could both keep going without any food or water for this long. Good news for Wolf he found he could simply enter my body whenever he wanted, and I could enter his. This lead to us coming up with many creative team attacks as we traveled. And no, I can't describe our surroundings at the time. It...it was so confusing. Imagine walking in a mirrored room, where the mirrors were at every angle, even under you and you can only tell you are walking forward by a tug at your heart.

We were both out when we heard a voice. It was familiar, but not the same one that spoke when I was traveling down memory lane. “So, you are the Heart who came when they weren't supposed to be.” In a instant, Wolf and I had our blades drawn and went back to back. “And a Split core….no not quite. You are like two hearts that make up one whole. Most interesting. Not many have succeeded in that since my creation, and even fewer survive the process.”

“Show yourself asshole!” Wolf growled.

“And they always need to learn manners. Sigh. Those two trouble makers need to find a wielder that isn’t rude for once. Well, those twin always were different.”

“Come on, show yourself already! And how do you know of Oblivion and Oathkeeper!” I yell out, keeping an eye out for any shadows.

“Oh right, here I am talking about manners and I haven't introduced myself!” The voice exclaimed. “My name is ______ but most know me as Kingdom Hearts. Doesn’t roll off the tongue as easily though. Shame really.” Said the voice. “And I can’t show myself, because you are inside me. But I digress, you are probably here for your Mark of Mastery right?”

“Hold on for a second, I need to clear something up here.” I said taking a deep breath before Wolf and I both yelled out “You’re Kingdom Hearts?!”

“Yeah, yeah I thought we’d gone over this already.” KH said with what I swear was a roll of his eyes. And before you say it was a moon, it doesn’t have a gender, it sounded like a dude okay?! “Now, I’m asking ya. Are you on your Mark of Mastery?”

I nodded. “Yes I am. Oathkeeper enacted it.”

“Really? Huh. I expected Oblivion to do it a while ago. Looks like he finally matured, if only a little bit.” KH said with a hint of indifference. “Well what’s a father to do? I can’t keep babying them after all.”

“I…guess?” I said. This was…not how I expected a talk with Kingdom Hearts to go down.

“Why does Kingdom Hearts sound like a single dad? It’s driving me fuckin’ insane!” Wolf yelled.

“For your information, I technically am, at least for X, the other legendary keyblades, and the original bodies for Oathkeeper and Oblivion. I simply helped with the others, but those ones were nearly solely mine. So yes, I am a single dad. Second, rude much? And Lastly, you shouldn’t know that meme, you didn’t last to 2017.” Kh said to Wolf.

“...What meme?” He said with a look of confusion.

“I rest my case.” Kh said in a knowing voice. “Anyways, since showing you baby pictures would be useless right now, how about I get to the point?” Kh said, much to Wolf’s sanity at the time. “Now, what do you want to know? Everyone wants to know something? Is it the meaning of life? What your place is in this universe? How I am pretty much the hardrive of the multiverse and all realms? Well, spit it out! I should tell you those, only one question per person….or should I say pony?”

Wolf and I looked at each other and smirked, both having an idea. “How can I make sure those I care for will survive?” I asked.

“That is a common question for sure. Let’s see here…huh. Well, I can’t tell you everything. There are things beyond even me but what I can say is two things. First, train them harder. Your Celestia, Luna, all of them who can wield a keyblade. Train them, spot out their weaknesses, and make them nonexistent. They will have a greater chance of survival. Don’t try to refuse their help, because then they will go with you regardless.” He said with a chuckle before his tone got serious. “The second thing is this. Your future, and those who are also survivors of your god’s world, is clouded. I can see what if’s, but nothing certain. You all have control of your destiny, and no one can say otherwise.”

“Thanks for the info.” I said as Wolf decided it was his turn.

“How much stronger can we get?”

Kh laughed. “Oh that’s a good one. You, well… you technically shouldn't be able to handle the power you currently possess, let alone any more. You’ve surpassed the limits your body can handle already, no matter what your heart and mind tell ya. Naturally, without any outside help, you are as strong now as you are going to get, and let me tell you, you are nowhere near the power of this Core person you have been fighting as of late.”

Damn it all. We already surpassed our limits, and we are not even close to touching him?! “No...I refuse to believe that!” Wolf and I started to say at the same time “I refuse! If I can’t get strong enough to even scratch Core, how the hell will I handle what comes next, let alone survive Core himself!”

“Now now, calm down you two.” Kh chuckled. “I said naturally, you two can’t get stronger in a way your bodies can handle. There are ways to be able to handle such power, but sadly, I have already use my once a century power of turning a mortal into a keyblade on your cousin Zeke. You will have to find another way, but I think that possibility is easier than you think.” He said in a knowing voice that had really started to get annoying. “Now, I’ll give you one more bit of information, the way out. You have been walking in the right direction… for now. I don’t keep a back door open for long for a reason. You need to hurry and after you leave, that door will close unless X or another X-blade opens it. Oh one more thing... if you don’t make it in time, you will stay dead. FOREVER! Chop chop.”

We both cursed as we ran, our heart our only guide as a laughing Kh was the only thing to keep us company. We saw a door and immediately ran through to awaken back in the field where this Mark of Mastery began. It was night, and as I hadn’t moved in who knows how long, I groaned and I felt my throat, finding a new scar where Oathkeeper sliced me. How long were we gone?

I don’t know, but we need to find Oblivion and Oathkeeper to find out.

Agreed Wolf. They shouldn’t be far…

Eclipse!

Thank god, He made it back in time. I thought we lost another one through that test.

Speak of the devil. I laughed as the two floated over towards me, both carrying my gear. “Hey guys, how long was I gone?” They remained silent for a moment before handing me my stuff.

After you saved me and began your mark of mastery…dude, you’ve been gone for over 3 months.

(Que car crash sound) “Three fuckin’ months?!” I said, my voice having had a slight echo as I could tell Wolf had said the same thing.

Yes, and Luna took a thousand years if I recall. Oathkeeper said with a sound saying ‘so?’ Also, what was with that just now? Your voice...echoed.

I thought about how to answer before I put on my coat, hiding the existence of most of my new tattoos as I turned away from them. “Nothing...You must have heard things.” I said. And had I had a mirror, I would have saw my red eye glowing as they floated alongside me.

”Next stop: Ponyville.”

I walked into the darkened town with a happy smile. As much my new found respect for killing is good and all, nothing beats coming home. I looked over and smiled as the orphanage was exactly where I planned on it being, not too far from the center of town, but not close enough to never get any sleep. I noticed the closed sign and sighed, knowing they wouldn’t open until I showed up. I walked in and smiled even more. It was wonderful. Quiet home. The kitchen and dining room wasn’t quite as large as Zeke’s, but it sure was up for competition. There were two stories, one for the children who may end up missing a leg or two, as well as the younger children. The upper floor was for myself and the older, able bodied children. The ground floor also had multiple rooms where the children could play, as well as a room for the potential parents to meet the kids. I trotted over to the pantry and hit a hidden switch I had planted, but left it up to Luna and Twi to build what I had planned under there. I saw that they had definitely pulled through, the tunnel showing that the orphanage was built upon a hidden gummi ship, just in case of the worst.

I sealed the tunnel and walked up the stairs before I had entered my room. It was simple, just the way I had asked. It had a large bed, the room was spacious, and it had two different dressers, as well as a place for if a mare wanted to do make up across from the bed. It also had a chest at the base of the bed I would probably be using more often than not. All this didn’t take away from the simplicity as I stumbled onto the bed, and plopped down, dead to the world.

The next morning I yawned as I opened my blurry eyes, and was greeted by two shaped. One tall, blue and looking rather pissed, the other smaller, yellow and pink with a rather fearful look. I gulped as Oathkeeper and Oblivion decided to leave this to me as it were and disappear now of all times. “Ah hehe…hey Luna...Flutters...” Oh god I’m so boned.