• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 4,862 Views, 56 Comments

Keys of Harmony - BioQuillFiction



It's 2012 and god gives me a new life and I'm reborn as a pony with all my human memories. And I mean re born, out of the womb kind of reborn.

  • ...
19
 56
 4,862

Killing Mood

When I woke up I got to get the best view in this world...Luna asleep next to me. Knowing I have training today I kiss her forehead before sliding out of bed. I bumped into a now empty box of condoms on my way to the balcony. “Sweet dreams, amica mea.” I said before summoning my Keyblade glider and flying back to Ponyville. I always loved flying like this. Too bad it was short lived due to the speed of my glider but in my mind it was better than nothing.

I landed, killed about ten soldier heartless and trotted over to the training ground. I had to get stronger, if not to stop Core at least protect those I care for. I summoned Oblivion and Oathkeeper to my side. I would protect...even if I have to kill to do so. I walked up to see the rest of the girls plus Soarin and Spike have already arrived. “Hey everyone. Am I late?” I asked walking towards everyone.

“You’re just in time.” Justin said. “We received your modified armors, as well as our new book of spells.”

“Really? That’s good. So, what spells are we learning? Oh also Justin, I need you to tell Zeke something after training is over.”

“That’s actually something this lesson will cover. In our new spellbook, there was the spell for summoning the modified DTL, able to take you to other worlds fast, as well as other reflections. Today, we are traveling to other worlds.”

“Oh good. Which do you think we should go to first? Destiny Island, Olympus Coliseum, which one?”

“This is our first mission as a team, as the overseer of this mission, I will only give aid when it’s needed most. Today, our objective is to capture the witch Maleficent, in the Hollow Bastion ruins.”

“That’s it?” Maleficent...really? I took her down first try in the games. At least we are not fighting this reflection’s Sethoroth I guess.

“We are to capture her alive. The council believes her to have information regarding Core, as such a warrant for the capture of all reflections of her has been issued. Even if this one knows nothing, she has a list of crimes that will place her in chains for either a long time, or her head might roll.”

“So, Hollow Bastion, Defeat, not kill, and then report in?”

“She will be interrogated, prosecuted, and if the council decides it, executed.” Justin’s words sent shivers down everyone's spines.

“E-executed? O-oh m-my…” Futtershy said.

“Don’t worry too much. If they decide to do THAT I have full confidence that it will be because of something huge, not anything petty.” I said, trying to reassure them. “So...You all ready for our first real mission Team Harmony?” They nodded and I turned to Justin. “So, how do we open these DTL’s?”

He hands over the spellbook, as well as opens a crate that he somehow was hiding behind him, revealing the Keyblade armor sleeves. “These are prototypes, so be careful.”

I reach in and put a black and white one on. “I’ll try it first. If it doesn’t work I don't want any of you getting hurt.” I said before pushing the button. A flash of light later I stood in what looked like a pony version of Terra’s armor, only black and white with a gray trim. “Seems to be working so far.”

“It’s not the transformation that’s the issue, it’s the design. The spell matrix was built for human and human like, this is the first pony adapted models, and griffon, we don’t know if all the spells will hold up under combat.”

“Well, only one way to find out. Justin, fling a spell or hit me, right now.” I said, making my stance wide open.

Justin swung, and I was sent flying several feet. “Huh, what happened to you? That should have sent you into the Everfree.”

“Lets just say, I fought Rebecca and lasted more than one hit.”

His eyes widened. “Wow, you lasted that long against her? I’m out in ten.”

“Well then. Here I was beating myself up over lasting only about seven before she used my own power against me.”

“Ha, yeah that’s her special move. Well, with that out of the way, Let’s see about Maleficent.” He flicked his hand up and a DTL opened up. We walked through it, and were in the library from Kingdom Hearts one. “This should give us an element of surprise.”

“Yeah. And Twilight….calm down….you can take one on our way out deal?” I said to a drooling Twilight who quickly recovered and nodded.

“Alright then, Rainbow, Applejack, Eclipse, Soarin, and Gilda will be ahead attacking up front with the which, Rarity, Spike, Trixie, Twilight, you spellcast from a distance, and Fluttershy, you heal whoever goes down.”

“And Pinkie!” I said, turning and pointing a hoof at a stern faced mare with a keyblade. “Party.” She grinned at me before pumping her hoof.

“Yes!”

We went through the secret entrance to the place Sora first fought Maleficent and as we walked a sense of dread crept into us. We made it to the end of the hall… then her voice spoke from behind us. “Rather rude to enter unwelcomed.” Maleficent spoke in a monotone voice.

“Yeah, well, it was hard to find the doorbell.” I said with a shrug.

She smirked. “Silver tongues get cut off when least expected child, but the darkness of Demons rests within you.”

My eye twitched and I heard Twilight say. “oh no….”

“Child? BITCH I’M EIGHTEEN! And that’s not including my mental age of forty-one! Oh it is on!” I said summoning both of my Keyblades.

She merely smiled. “Oh, Alpha.” A DTD opened behind her, as a blond haired woman walked out, she looked about seventeen, with blue eyes wearing combat armor with two swords walked out. “Where is the Alpha?” She demanded.

“Josh is busy.” She said. “Names Kristy, and I can hold my own.”

“Fine, just be rid of these pests.” Maleficent said, vanishing into the DTD before it closed.

The girl, Kristy, looked at us. “I love my job.” She stated, hold both swords in a battle stance.

“I got her, You guys go after Maleficent.” I said to the rest of the team.

“Awe, it’s just the runt for now?” She complained. “Uncle Josh doesn’t pay me enough to deal with small fry.”

“Heh. That’s what dad said huh? Well, hate to break it to you cuz, but this runt just became a Alpha of it’s OWN pack.” I retorted as the rest listened to me.

“Dad…?” She noticed my branding. “Oh… OH Ho HO! You’re the long lost mutt of the family!”

“Yeah well, What are you going to do? You can’t pick blood. Well, you can, but only the one that covers you, not in you.” I said, my Darkness having found new prey.

“Well then, time to kill.” She got on all fours, and exploded in a wave of darkness. It make me a little sick honestly. She was swallowed by it, and when she came out, she was like a werewolf, but with a Heartless emblem on her forehead. “Time to hunt!” She charged forward. Sideswiping at me with her new claws.

I simply raised one keyblade to block it, now that Twilight and the rest are gone, I not worried about holding back at all. Claw met blade and a blast from the impact shook the room.

She kept applying pressure, making holding her off a tad bit difficult. She chomped on Oathkeeper, and she broke some teeth. The pain from it caused her to jump back. “Damn those are strong weapons.”

“A Keyblade is only as strong as the heart of it’s wielder, and the hearts it is connected to.” I said emotionless. “Also, was that your best? You didn’t even make me use Reflect.”

She chuckled. “Even so, I did some damage.” I was confused, til I looked at Oathkeeper’s blade… there was a bend in it. “Heh, could have done better.”

Oblivion practically howled in my hand as my eyes turned from their green blue to my human natural red. “You shouldn’t have hurt Oblivion’s sister.” is all I said before I charged full force at her.

I swung fast and without much care, this was a fight to the death, and I had to win. I managed to notice something odd though, when I swiped near her stomach, she looked frightened for a second.

Deciding to push this, I decided to make life….difficult for her “Stopga.” I said when she was in mid swing, exposing her stomach.

I took many swings. When she unfroze, there was a massive gash in her stomach, and she hurled over coughing blood. “N-n-no… NONONONONONO!” What looked like her intestines fell out, blood covering them and the floor… then I saw something I know will haunt me forever… it was a fetus. “My… my baby…”

Now, Don’t judge me now for my actions then. I was practically insane and with Oblivion shouting for her blood...I wasn’t thinking straight. But I just looked at her and her now dead child. “First mistake. You dared to hunt alone. Second mistake, You took on that opponent that far outclassed you. Third mistake, You harmed what I consider my family...and finally, You were apparent on your fear, letting me know where to strike. Your child's life is on your head. Think of that now in your final moments.” I said without emotion.

She merely chuckled. “Heh… then why is their blood on your sword?” She asked, falling over as her body turned to ash, disintegrating til she was nothing more than blood soaked ashes.

I swung Oblivion to the side, flicking the blood off of him as I suddenly clutch my chest. My blood boiled as my breath became labored. I let out a low chuckle. “Finally, I get to have some FUN!”

Oathkeeper and Oblivion floated out of my hoofs and before I could do anything, they transformed into chains and wrapped around me, binding me to a pillar as I kicked and screamed, wanting nothing more than to taste blood. I kept like that until I passed out, feeling something hit my head before everything went black.


I opened my eyes to find myself back in my station of awakening. “Oath! Oblivion!” I was meet with silence. “Come on guys, what is going on!”

”Felt amazing, right?” I turned around, seeing werewolf pony version of me… with black whites in it’s eyes, and red pupils. ”No tastier blood than that of your kin.”

“Who the hell are you!” I shouted, instinctively trying to summon both of my Keyblades….for none to show up.

”Your darkness, your sins, your guilt, sadness, I am the you you try to hide and bury deep within. I finally get to have my way, my FUN! And those two Keyblades of yours had to ruin it.”

“Good, I don't want Luna to see that ugly mug.” I retorted, feeling defenceless but keeping a poker face.

”I am your fears, you can’t hide that from yourself. Even so, you finally killed… best part, I had nothing to do with it. Well, I whispered it to you, but you finally listened! Oh the joy of that victory, if only papa was here to see it.”

“What I don’t get is why now. My darkness has been like a friend, not a monster.”

”I believe good o’l dad explained it, same with Zeke… the Killing Mood. It finally made me realize just how much fun it is being a demon! Screw these sheep brother, join me, and we can feast on their flesh like the wolves we are.”

“Want to know the worst part of this? Apparently even I don't understand. I don’t think Darkness and Light should fight. Never have. So why start now? Sorry, but I won’t join you and put my true family at risk.”

”You really care about that purple bitch you call sister? You don’t belong with them, you genetically aren’t even the same species! We can be what our bloodline has killed to achieve! Demons, wolves, We will become hellhounds. No beast more savage, nor loyal to blood will ever exist!”

“First things first...and I thought you listened to dad.” I said dashing forwards and gut checking what I’m just going to nickname Wolf. “Stop talking so much. Second,” I jump back. “Colin Ventral doesn’t exist any more. I am Eclipse, I was born to the minor noble house of Sparkle. And you are a threat to my family.” I said, a white glow surrounding me.

Wolf sighed. “Then I’ll take our body by force.” Wolf charged at me, running fast and to my shock, horror, and pain, bit my face with his set of razor sharp teeth. When he jumped back, there was chunks of my skin, blood, and what I guessed was eye liquid on his chin. ”I don’t want a ruined body now.” He mocked, attacking with more bites all over my body.

I cast gravity, my unicorn magic allowing my spells at least as I point at Wolf. “FIRAGA!” I shouted….and watching the massive fire ball barely graze Wolf….damn...without my other eye I have no depth perception...

”If it makes you feel better,” Wolf spoke in a mock tone. He lifted a claw up to his right eye, and gouged it out without even flinching. ”Now we’re even.” He said, attacking again, the loss of his eye not seeming to have affected him at all.

I was disgusted and I couldn’t even move, for two reasons. First I was sick to the stomach. Second, I was afraid of walking and falling on my face right now. “Now that’s fucked up.” I said to his self mutilation.

I had gash marks all over my body. My Station of Awakening was almost covered in my own blood at this point. I was barely standing. ”We both know you are weak, this was proven time and time again, once I kill you, that weakness will no longer plague this heart.”

“What one calls weakness, I call caring.” I said, picking myself up from a kneeled position.

”All that...light… you say it and darkness can co-exist. You’re wrong. Light created darkness. It fell into it’s own creation. We are all that light is, but twisted, savage as the light glows ever brighter, because that’s what a shadow does. Well no more struggling, no more hiding from the light! Darkness will have it’s day!”

“But darkness...it can’t exist without light. Light is good and all, but it is afraid to act. Darkness takes matters into its own hands, but has negative backlash. If they just worked together, there would be an end to all this fighting!”

”Yes there will be, but it will be the sins of we darkness born beings that will win it!” He charged in for an attack, and I was ready to take it… until in a flash, Oathkeeper appeared. ”Damned blade!”

Sorry, but I can’t have something as pathetic as you ruining what Oblivion and I worked so hard and got so close to achieving.. Oathkeeper said as I felt her float into my grip

”I’ll snap you in half!” Wolf yelled, biting at Oathkeeper’s bent area… And it bent some more.

GOD DAMN IT! NOW ECLIPSE! She yelled as she forced her tip into Wolf’s mouth. I quickly sliced through, cutting Wolf’s lower jaw clean off as it fell to the floor.

Wolf jumped back, a new jaw quickly growing in, in a rather graphic fashion, and he smiled. ”Two can play with Keyblades brother.” In a large pulsating aura of darkness, Oblivion appeared in Wolf’s mouth, but it was white. ”Even a Keyblade can fall into darkness.”

Brother?! What the hell is going on? no response. Answer me Oblivion! Come on...Brother! She cried.

Wolf laughed. ”Oblivion may fall into the category of a Keyblade of Light, it still draws power from darkness… from me. I just… removed it’s free will, makes things so much easier.”

YOU FUCKEN MONSTER! She yelled.

”Thank you, I try.” Wolf charged in for an attack, and I had no choice but to block. The impact sent a shockwave across the Station of Awakening, all my spilled blood flowing off the sides with the energy.

I used my free hoof to try and rip Oblivion out of Wolf’s mouth, thinking that getting him away from Wolf would make him think again. My mistake.

Wolf bit my hoof as I tried, and then did something unexpected… he dropped Oblivion. ”Now, where has this been played out before… oh yeah… Birth by Sleep, Ventus vs Vanitas at their Station of Awakening.”

“Yeah...It resulted in their heart being shattered. Another reason I don’t want to fight, but you force my hoof this entire time. Don’t you see, light and darkness MUST co-exist, but they chose to hate each other! We can stop this! Please stop fighting, let's both be in control, and we can be more powerful than alone.”

“Ha, this coming from the guy who makes up less than ten percent of this heart. I’m already winning, and once the last of you is gone… oh then that bitch you call a sister, those two pretenders you call parent’s, that show off you call a brother… I will leave just enough of you alive so you can watch us end them where they stand.’

“And Luna?” I asked, stalling for time.

“I need a bitch to breed after all.”

It was my turn to grin. “Then you’re no Ventral. If there is one thing Zeke has taught me, they care about relationships...and love. So you are not me, you are just a wantabe.”

”Shut. Your. Mouth. Light isn’t the only thing that can love… I just need to… persuade her to become the sexy demon she was when we first met.”

I shook my head. “You still don't get it...I never said that Darkness couldn’t feel, just that she would never change the way you’re thinking.” I looked at him and prayed that what I was about to do worked.

”Heh… Do you even know why Light and Darkness fight in the first place?”

“No, but it doesn’t matter. Light and Dark are siblings…..they shouldn’t ever fight.”

”Darkness is the offspring of Light… we grew, wanted to see just what life outside us was like… and you feared us… That has never changed. So, we became the monsters you called us, and we know no other way… save for the traitor darkness of Zeke... “

“I never feared you...hell I loved that you kept me from being naive and blind. You were my guardian...and now...now you being like this...it hurts….I don’t want to fight you.”

”We fight, we’ve been at war since darkness was conceived. But can you say for certain, without a moment of hesitation… that Light isn’t the one in the wrong?”

“No, because both are wrong.” I said without missing a beat. Just a little longer...I don't want to do this...but he forced me...if he doesn't listen I’ll have to do this.

He sighed. ”True, a war over misunderstanding, and the unknown… wasn’t that the core issue with humanity on earth?”

“Yeah, only we never participated in any of that. Hell, it was at our door step for god’s sake.”

”Didn’t we? How many of mom’s ‘visitors’ beat her and we did nothing, how many people did we see being harmed, yet we only watched? How many?”

“......Too many.” I said, lowering my blade, but not dropping it like him.

He grabbed Oblivion, and took off the Keychain, holding it up for me to see. ”From what the darkness in that bullet dad shot us with told me… Light was nothing before darkness came along. Darkness created mutations, evolution, chaos… emotions… When light tried to take over our natural role, that’s when war finally broke out. I choose the side I was made from, because I stick to family… Maybe someday you… no, you already have… you stick to those that you named family, and they accepted you…”

“Yes...now we both see….can there ever be peace between us ever again? No war, no balance...just peace?”

“That, is nothing more than a pipe dream. For you see, when they say darkness consumes… they’re wrong. It’s light that tried to consume us, make darkness like it… we appear to consume because we only want to take back what light stole from us.”

“Don’t you see...I agree, but there has to be a better way. Come on brother,” I hold out a hoof “Let’s start something new.”

He sighed once more. ”You may agree, you might even understand… but that’s what they call, the one percent majority.” To my shock, he placed Oblivion’s Keychain on his tongue, and swallowed it.

“Why did you do that?”

YOU MOTHER FU- I took off her keychain before she could continue.

”I only took back what light stole.” He summoned Oblivion, but it’s Keychain was missing. ”Consume from the light… take back what was once ours…”

“Oblivion is Oathkeeper’s brother, her twin...they are black and white, light and dark, yet they were meant to be TOGETHER. Please….Please reconsider brother. Let us be the start of something amazing.”

”... One day, but not in our lifetime.” He struck Oblivion into the floor, and the whole room cracked as a tear in the floor split the ground in two.

“For what it’s worth...I’m sorry.” I said before letting my heart call out into the abyss. Suddenly the cracks stopped, appearing to go in reverse as several platforms started to appear in the distance, bridges to them appearing and linking with our current Station. “Rule number one brother….never be alone….”

”That’s the funny part about darkness…” Wolf just sat there as countless stations appeared behind him, all being linked into one interchanging bridge. ”We aren’t alone.”

“No...I guess we aren't.” I said, smiling. “We have to postpone this fight now that others are arriving….but I do love you...even if I have a hard time showing it.”

”... same, but know this… what I’ve just done has severed the lock keeping us linked, all it will take is one more cut, and I can roam free without you, or our body.”

“Well then….let’s both hope that never happens….I’d hate being alone in my heart.”

”You can hope it doesn’t… I look forward to it.”

We just nod to each other, understanding each other after what felt like ten years of fighting. “Until next time brother.” I said as we both started to glow white and black respectively.