• Published 2nd Feb 2018
  • 1,343 Views, 10 Comments

Stupid Wings - Hillbe

  • ...
7
 10
 1,343

Stupid Wings

Stupid Wings

Fire blasts, claws and bucks were on the menu today as prismatic colors and flames met in the skies over Ponyville, Fillies shielded their eyes and mares swooned at the display of Thunderbolt fury and a dragons might, If the odds were right the wagers changed on black boards at the local pubs.
The battle raged on in the noonday sky neither foe giving up or giving quarters. As a certain mare would say "It IS ON!"


"Come on sport you can do it just follow my leader" Rainbow looked back at her student learning a few combat maneuvers as the split 'S' entered a return to target pass at the slower dragon.
Spike rolled on his back into a vertical rolling scissors knowing Rainbows speed would cause her to overshoot letting him to claw rake or blast her with simulated a ball of fire. The pegasus popped her speed brake tail and hooves to arrest her speed so a simulated buck to the adversary's spine would end the match.

"Yoo Hoo Spikey Wikey, Are you finished with your little flying lesson?" An angelic voice called out, Spike eyed a quick glance at the sight, it was Fluttershy and the heart stopping Miss Rarity standing below waving at the aerial combatants.

"PoompH!" Spikes flight went from air combat 101 to screwing the pooch in an awesome point twentieth of a second as both flyers were caught up tumbling to their doom tangled in each others wings, hooves legs and tails. Spike yelled "What's happening to me?!" Dash immediately and most immodestly bucked the dragon in the gut knocking the wind out of him, Rarity gasped as she watched the uncouth technique that separated the airborne duo as they fell.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Spike gasped for air laying on the ground wheezing out "Gosh what happened? Why did my stupid wings quit working."
Misses Dash dryly apologized "Sorry sport had to buck you like that. It was really needed for your type of wing issue" His puzzlement grew as Raindows face begin to glow pink.
"What wing issue?" Spike asked "Is it serious?"

"It could be serious" Rainbow eyed the dragon "Very serious if it happens at the wrong time!"

"Rainbow Dash, What in Celestias name did you do to my Spikey Wikey?"

Rainbows face was a crimson red as Rarity trotted closer "Well? Do you have a reason to why you..."

"Ask Fluttershy about Spikes wing issues. Oh look at the time I've another lesson in Cloudsdale, I got to go. Bye see you at the castle, later!" in a rainbow streak the mighty Miss Dash was gone but not the unanswered question, Why did she clobber Rarity's dear little Spikey Wikey.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The boutiques bell announced the trios entry as another trio sat going through scraps of fabric for their cutie mark camps next project.
"What happened to Spike" Sweetie squeaked as the others raised to their hooves to help Spike off Rarity and Fluttershys hooves. Moving him to her chase lounge the crusaders marveled at Spikes new wings as he sat on the edge ready to lay back for some much needed rest.
Rarity turned tail and rushed away from the bunch in a hurry to fetch her Spikey a cool compress as Fluttershy accompanied her.

"PoompH!" The air exploded in flying crusaders and couch stuffing as the sound of a hissing Opal kitty filled Spikes ear frills.

Rarity called out from the kitchen "Girls please keep the riot to a minimum Spikes not doing well" the two mares conversation a murmur to every pony else .

Spike sat pinned to the couch hearing snickers and whispering from the crusaders mostly Sweetie and Scootaloo.

"What's the big secret you guys? I can almost hear you from here". Spike flopped around with his wings "Did Twilight ever have wing problems like this?"
"I don't think so" Scootaloo giggled "But you got it bad".
The three raced out the door singing "Spike and Rarity sitting in a tree..." the door closed, mercifully saving Spike from the following embarrassing lines.
"Stupid wings" Spike rolled onto his belly as he stuffed the filling back into Raritys favorite couch unlike pegasus feathers that could act like fingers or claws Spikes equipment had only two positions flap or wrap. Fluttershy exited the kitchen solo with a fresh ice pack and placed it between his wings. It had an immediate effect of soothing and relaxing his pesky little trouble makers.
"Where's Rarity?"
"Oh she's taking care of something before we go to Twilights" Fluttershy blushed "She asked me a few questions about your wings and she's gone ahead to talk it over with Twilight".
"Really Gosh, Do you know why I'm having wing cramps and stuff?" Spike continued "Being a pegasus you can tell me all about my wing problems can't you?"
"Sorry Spike I don't think Twilight would want me to, It's rather silly, But you can ask her tonight"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After repairing the damaged couch, a little general shop cleaning and coaxing Opal off the ceiling. Spike and Fluttershy walked through the hamlet to the ever towering castle of friendship. Their conversation weaving through years past the months before and today "So you and Discord Eh?" The Fluttershy of the past would of "Meeped" and rolled into a pink and yellow ball. Today? Right now Flutters stopped and looked Spike right in the eyes "Why not? and how about you? We all know how you feel about Rarity"
"PoompH!" "Stupid wings! But I don't think she like likes me that way". Spikes wings deflated like a set of Pinkies petered out balloons, He let out a breath "But at least we're great friends".
"Give it time Spike I'm positive things will turn out for the better". A gentle boop to Spikes snoot restarted the journey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole gang was lounging around the crystal map table radar thingy waiting to begin their little get together. Rainbow snickered as Pinkie nervously vibrated in manic energy, Twilight was furiously scribbling in her journal, a chronicle of Spikes growth and dragons in general a grin plastered on her muzzle. Rarity was prancing around the table ready to greet Fluttershy her fabulous enthusiasm on display.

Spike knew something was up as everypony was acting a lot more strange then the usual "What the hay were you thinking" strangely odd almost normal daily routine.
"I knew it! I've got a stupid deadly wing disease and you don't want me to get scared!" Spike whispered to Miss Shy, he looked on as Rarity had tears leaking from her eyes "Poor Rarity she's all broken up about it, I'm doomed" he whimpered.

"Fluttershy my dear I've decided to start dating again isn't it wonderful?"

Spikes eyes grew wide "I knew it I'm dying and WHAT?...." Spikes wings sagged to the floor dragging along, At least they were great friends. Spike looked up at his once crush and half heartedly let out "So you want to date agai...?" He couldn't finish a word seeing the future Spikes wing problems continue to be just that. problems.

Spikes world crushed in a white blur his wings ribs legs and spine gathered up and started spinning, "So this is it.." Spike whimpered as a louder voice screamed to Celestia,

"Oh. Spikey Wikey I thought you'd never ask!"

Spike sat on the floor his eyes still spinning his ears ringing asking "Ask you what?"

Rainbows voice sang out " A date stupid!":rainbowlaugh:

Spike quizzed again "A date with who?"

Miss Pie answered "A date with Spikey!":pinkiehappy:

Spike befuddled by it all "I got a date with me?" He looked up at Fluttershy "What?"

"You asked Rarity If she wanted to date":yay:

"I did?"

Rarity snuggled her dragon "You most certainly did my precious scales".:duck:

"What do I do now?"

Rarity answered his question most lightly in the most unfiltered unladylike language.

"PoompH!" "PhoopH!" "PoompH!":pinkiegasp::applejackconfused: Pinkie and Appplejach could only gasp.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Princess Celestia,
Spike and Rarity finally started dating and I learned more about dragon and pegasus wings and habits, It's more then aerodynamics but I think Rainbow isn't telling me everything and what Fluttershy told Rarity I have yet to find out, Can you please send more informa...
A knock at the castles door echoed across the halls , Perhaps another delivery of books as you know we can never have enough books.
As Twilight opened the castles doors her eyes saw the stallion before her"PoompH!!!" Stupid wings.:facehoof: