• Published 3rd Feb 2018
  • 3,183 Views, 96 Comments

Queen Scootaloo - thedarktome



Why can't Scootaloo actually fly? And what is with the sudden pain and scratches in her back? And why does Rainbow Dash have the same?

  • ...
17
 96
 3,183

Happy Birthday

After the group had left Rainbow's house, and Rarity finally had her way with Rainbow's hair that she was still messing up at that moment, they went back home, finding her seemingly alright. But that was seemingly. Twilight stayed behind to give her a quick kiss and a look over before following them out.

"Notice anything weird about her?" Applejack asked her once she caught up to them. They were nearly at her home where the thestrals were currently camping out and looking down at them from a tree.

Twilight nodded and answered, "Yeah, just really fidgety and nervous. But besides that, nothing else out of the ordinary."

Just fidgety?! Rarity gasped and queried in disbelief, "What are you talking about, her hair was a mess! I mean, really! That was anything but normal!"

"Rarity we understand your fashion concerns, but this is about Rainbow Dash, not Rainbow Dash's hair," Fluttershy stated. "Something was up with her. And it looked serious."

"And she's not telling," Twilight added, knocking on the door since everyone was inside. It was opened a few seconds later by Cadance. She ushered them in then closed the door calmly behind them.

"Well, she was insanely out of it," Applejack reported, making her way into the living room and taking off her hat in respect. "I've never seen Rainbow so frantic before. It must've been big." She flopped down into the couch and relaxed.

"She was literally pulling her hair out, this is more than big," EQG Rarity commented. She took a place on Twilight's couch with the others. "I think she might be worried about Scootaloo inside the facility. I don't know what goes on in there so...I don't know."

"We should visit her sometime," Princess Twilight recommended. Then quickly added, "Well, you guys should, we all can't just walk in there."

"Yeah, that's not a very good idea," Princess Celestia agreed. "And we still have no leads on Zolan. Should we spring a trap?"

"Too risky," Luna said, shaking her head. "If the trap fails, she gets the box."

"And we can't let her have that, apparently," Cadance agreed, glancing up at them. "Let's assign roles. Those from Equestria will do what they can about the Orb of Zebrica while the rest of us will worry about Scootaloo. She needs us more now than ever. A LOT more."

"I agree," Princess Twilight said, nodding her head. "We need to find a spell that can track dark magic. You guys be there for Scootaloo."


After breakfast, which was always good for Scootaloo, the group was led down the hospital halls towards the gym for... Reality digest? What was that? Must be something therapeutic.

Sighing, Scootaloo folded up the agenda as best as she could with her wrists bound and put it back in the shirt pocket of her clothing. They were headed towards the lounge, where they apparently held most of the group sessions. Must be a familiarity thing. As well as a safety thing, can't forget about that in a hospital.

The other girls went in first before Scootaloo was led inside last. The room had most of the lights out like it was a movie theater. Hey, didn't they have movies in there? It's a children's unit, they should have movies. Right? She's never saw one before.

"Are there... Movies in here?" Scootaloo asked quietly, sitting down next to Icy. Icy gave her a smile before crossing her legs.

"Sometimes," she responded. "But I heard that it's after fourteen days. We have a vote and whatever is voted the most we get to watch. Of course most of the movies are therapeutic. You know, when the plot is when something bad happens and then it gets good after some talking and stuff. Like what goes on in here." Scootaloo looked from her to the front where two people walked in, very familiar.

"Hey, everyone!" Yellow Buzz greeted in excitement, taking a seat beside Chrysanthemum who gave a smile and waved. Why the hell were they so happy? Scootaloo got a little upset at their smiling faces. She could barely hold a real one yet they could walk into a room where most of the girls have tried committing suicide with smiles?! "You're probably wondering why we're having these gleaming smiles, huh?" Chrysanthemum asked.

"Yes... I would very much like to know that," Scootaloo muttered. Icy glanced over at her before focusing back at the two up front.

"Well... The reason why is because it's someone's birthday today!" Yellow Buzz said loudly, throwing out his arms. "Wanna guess who it is? It's one of you."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow looking around the room. It's someone's birthday? They celebrated those here? She hasn't had a birthday celebration with anyone else before. Not even Rainbow Dash. She just knew her age, never her birthday. No one knew her birthday... Unless Amaryllis told them. Scootaloo's actually never had a birthday party. Been too busy trying to survive. She barely even knew when she was born. Only that she was born.

The girls around started pointing at the others, trying to figure it out. "No, sorry, not her! Try again!" Chrysanthemum said, shaking her head.

"Is it Icy?" Green Rush asked.

Icy shook her head. "No, it's not me. Loud Symphony maybe?"

"No, my birthday is October ninth, it's April 4th, I think," Symphony said, looking around the room for a calendar. Finding it she pointed to it. "Yeah, it's April 4th."

"Do you give up?" Yellow Buzz asked, looking around at the girls. They looked around the room before nodding their heads. Even Scootaloo wanted to know, leaning forward in her chair and not even noticing the nurses behind her share a knowing glance.

"The birthday girl....is~...."

"Scootaloo." They all looked towards the doorway to see Dr. Martina walking in with a birthday cake that had the number sixteen on it. "Happy Birthday, Scootaloo!" The girls all looked towards Scootaloo cocking her head at the doctor. It was her birthday? She was born on April 4th? What?

"Today's my birthday?" She asked quietly, pointing to herself in confusion. "Are you sure?"

"Yep, just checked a few minutes ago," she confirmed. She took careful steps into the room with the vanilla cake for a destination to the table. That's why the lights were dimmed. To give the candles some glow, Scootaloo guessed.

She was still trying to wrap her head around the fact that it was her birthday. Martina stopped at the table and explained, "We usually don't allow birthday parties in here. Instead we hold it in the cafeteria. But we came to the stunning realization that well, we just wanted to hold a birthday party where you could be relaxed and not cold." She placed the cake on the table behind Scootaloo. "Happy Sixteenth!"

The girls all turned to the patient who was just staring at the cake in shock. It was her birthday? And they were willing to give her a cake? Her bottom lip started quivering before she buried her face in her hands, trying to stop the happy tears from coming down. That wasn't awesome.

Martina bent low and rubbed her back comfortably. This girl was something else. Something she'd personally fight for. "It's okay," she cooed. "Do you want me to take the cake back?"

Scootaloo wiped her eyes and shook her head to answer. Then spoke at a volume that they could all hear, "No... No, I'm just... I'm just happy. I've....I've never had a birthday party before. Or presents, cake, candles.....or anyone to really celebrate it with. So I'm... Thank you."

"You are very welcome Scootaloo."

"Happy birthday, Scootaloo!" Icy said, giving her friend a hug. "I didn't even know you were fifteen recently. Now you're the big one-six! Sixteen!"

"What's.......alright," she replied. "So....what am I supposed to do with this?" She looked around the cake, trying to figure it out.

"You blow out the candles," Dr. Martina said. "Let's see how fast you can blow it out." The other girls cheered before she looked back at the cake, licking her lips. They all gathered around before she took in a deep breath and blew, taking out three of the candles before going onto the rest.

"How ironic, it took you sixteen seconds," Green Rush commented. "Happy Birthday!"

Author's Note:

Sorry guys for the insanely short chapter and the lateness! I didn't know what to put here and I wanted it to go to a happy change of pace! So I went ahead and put in a birthday scene! I think I'm in the midst of writer's block caused by me writing and fixing my original books. I had to take down Jessica Collero due to some grammar mistakes that have been reported to me by some of my reviewers. So It's going into my archives until the work is corrected and when I believe it's time for me to bring out the big guns.

If you guys have any ideas on the next chapter, please let me know! If the idea is good, I will put it in. My fanfictions are crowdsourced and they help me give you a better experience.

On another note, can you tell me how my writing is? Are you able to actually envision what is going on? And if not, can you tell me how I can give you that experience? It would really help.

-markelsmith866

Current Works I Am Working On
[Original Work] Jessica Collero
[Original Work] Jessica Collero 2 - The Heart of Kahreen
[Original Work] What Am I
[Fanfiction] Queen Scootaloo
[Fanfiction] The Story Of Rainbow
[Fanfiction] Twilight Daylight
[Fanfiction] Mystery Scootaloo
[Fanfiction] The Lost One

If you want to know about my works, give me a message through the chat! I will be happy to give you synopsis!