• Published 3rd Feb 2018
  • 3,181 Views, 96 Comments

Queen Scootaloo - thedarktome



Why can't Scootaloo actually fly? And what is with the sudden pain and scratches in her back? And why does Rainbow Dash have the same?

  • ...
17
 96
 3,181

Rainbow Dash

"Ugggghhhh......what happened?" Anemone asked as she sat up. Her eyes were still closed so she had no idea where she was, along with a splitting headache. After a few more seconds, she finally opened them to reveal she was in some type of room...that looked nearly identical to the last one. Except this one had those FBI dudes in there with her, all looking at her with those weapon things in their hands. She tried to stand up when her head met some type of force that shocked her.

"Ow!" She yelped before sitting back down, holding her rainbow colored head. She looked up to see herself in a low top cage. Again. At least last time the cage she could actually stand in. This on however was far smaller. Like for a dog. "What is this?! Why am I in a cage?!"

"Because you're hostile." She turned her head to the right to see that woman again that she saw yesterday. Dang, she got her back. "And not a human being. We took a sample of your blood and discovered that you have absolutely no homesapien genes in your body."

"Wait, you took my blood?!" Anemone yelled in disbelief. "What gives you the right to take my blood, you creep?!"

"It's for science," she replied nonchalantly, taking down some notes.

"You sound like an egghead," Anemone teased, shaking her head at the technician. "Maybe I should throw you somewhere where you can crack, no one told you to touch my body!"

"And no one told you to escape."

"Because you were touching my body! Let me out of here!" She tried to open her wings to find them bound to her body again by the belt. "And why do you guys keep putting my wings against my body, jeez! They're not for that, it's really uncomfortable!"

"Sorry, but we can't have you touching the cell gating. So we had to bind them to you." She walked over and placed the notepad on the table in front of the cage. "Where are you from? Some planet? World? You're definitely not of earth or this timeframe since your chemical makeup is something that we have no record of."

"And who is 'we?'" The thestral asked accusingly, crossing her arms.

"The lab."

"What lab?"

"The one you're in."

"Is this Twilight's lab?"

"Who?" The doctor looked at her suspiciously, preparing her notes. "Who is Twilight? We need to know this information."

"And why do you 'need' to know? Why can't I just leave? You guys keep chasing my sister and I around with whatever those things are." She pointed towards one of the rifles the guards were holding. The doctor looked at the officers and then back in confusion.

"Those are Rifles. Guns."

"What's a gun? It sounds dangerous."

"They're designed to kill, intimidate." She pulled one out of her own pocket and placed it on the table for Anemone to see. "And cause harm in general. Now, I'm gonna ask again before we move onto other unpleasant things. Where....are you....from?"

"You don't scare me, lady. I've faced a massacre and survived. I've faced a world of hiding and still lived. I've faced THAT guy and STILL lived." She pointed her hand towards the door to reveal Discord calmly standing there eating a burrito, shocking the guards and the lab technician.

"Rainbow, you really need to stop doing that," he complained, going over to the sink and washing his hands. "Dang, that burrito was good."

"Guards, get him out of here," the woman ordered. The guards put aside their weapons and approach the man. Anemone clicked her tongue and shake her head.

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that."

Discord snapped his fingers, making a bright light flash, blinding everyone in the room before it diminished, revealing them in some type of space. A black space. The woman screamed as she tried to find her footing while the guards were just trying to grab a bunch of things that were flying by. Like that metal pole one guard just grabbed before it turned into a venomous snake, making him scream and let go.

"Come on, have a little fun," Discord joked, tossing a rubber ball to the technician. "Here's a ball.....I meant bomb."

She yelped and threw it to the side before it exploded into a bunch of confetti. "What IS this?! Who are you?!"

"Oh, me?" he responded pointing before he reached Anemone's cage. unlocking it for her with a touch. "I'm Discord. The God of Chaos. Hey, are you hungry? I'm hungry. Even though I just ate a burrito....and they are too." He pointed his fingers down at their feet, showing the little rubber ducks with sharp teeth climbing up their legs.

They started screaming and tossing the ducks off their bodies while Discord waved, teleporting himself and Anemone out of the void. His head appeared once more with a grin, stating, "You'll be out in about five minutes. Have fun."


After the therapy session was dismissed in the gym, Scootaloo stood up with the rest of the group to whatever they wanted to do that was available until they had another activity or lunch. Some stayed in the gym while others either went back to their rooms or the lounge. Scootaloo instead stayed exactly where she was. She didn't know what to do.

Violet leaned down from her right and asked her calmly, "Scootaloo? Would you like to go somewhere that isn't your room?" She looked around the gym at the other girls who were either walking or playing with a Frisbee or something. Eventually she made up her mind. That room was stupid anyway.

Scootaloot nodded. "Where would you like to go?" She whispered something in response. "I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you."

"Lounge, please." The nurses nodded before they walked her to the doors, taking her to the area that was requested. There were some more girls that were around watching but didn't actually pay attention. They were too busy playing with the balls in the room and chasing each other.

The three walked through the entrance and out into the hallway towards the lounge room, which was pretty big now that she looked at it. It was justa lounge. A place to chill at obviously. That was occupied. Crap. Well, it was a lounge for everyone. They walked her in and took off her handcuffs while the other girls tried not to make eye contact. Instead, going back to reading, watching TV, or having a forced conversation about the color of the crayons for the three in the corner. How was this place so crowded?

"We'll be on the side in case you need us okay?" Violet said down to her. Scootaloo nodded and took a seat on the couch, checking out the books on the table in front of her. They had some adventure novels, something called Daring Do that looked interesting.

She decided to go ahead and check it out, finding the cover amazing above all. After reading it for around twenty minutes, and already up to chapter five, someone tapped her shoulder, making her yelp and jump.

"Oh! Sorry sorry!" Icy quickly apologized pulling her hand back. "I didn't mean to frighten you like that, are you okay?" Scootaloo just stared at her wide eyed, trying to slow her heartbeat as they had the world's longest staring contest. After awhile, Scootaloo closed her eyes and took a deep breath before nodding. "Okay. Can we have a seat with you?" Wait, we?

Scootaloo looked around her to see Loud Symphony and Green Rush smiling and waving at her. Finding them harmless, Scootaloo slid over to make some space, allowing the three girls to sit down.

"Thank you," Icy appreciated before taking a seat next to her. But not too close. It was clear Scootaloo didn't really feel comfortable around other people. She was surprised she actually gave them room to sit down. "So what are you reading?"

Scootaloo glanced at her quickly before redirecting her sights to the book that she dropped on the tiled floor in shock earlier. She picked it up and showed her the cover without looking her in the eye. "Oh, Daring Do! I love that book! It was actually one of my first reads in middle school. Are you just starting the series?" Scootaloo, almost unnoticeably nodded her head.

"Well you'll enjoy it. I'm glad you actually talked today during the session. It shows you're still you in there. Not gone." Scootaloo looked back down at the book in her hands, thinking about that. "Of course this is only a small step, but it's something still." Scootaloo shrugged at her before looking back at her.

"I guess," she responded timidly.

"You'll be fine," Green Rush said from over icy's shoulder. "And we'll be here for you too. Me and Loud here have two weeks until we get out. I don't know when Icy leaves."

Icy looked over her shoulder and said, "I think after two more weeks too. I didn't do too much to stay in here for four. Do you know when you're getting out?"

Scootaloo shook her head before looking towards the TV, watching the weather. Well that was irrelevant inside unless it was in the winter during a snowstorm. And even then, it was a hospital. It has a backup generator, right?

"Hey, girls!" They turned their heads at Dr. Martina leaning against the doorframe with a clipboard, smiling proudly like a mom would.

"Hey, doc lady," Green Rush greeted, making the other nurses in the room chuckle.

"Hello, Green. I'm here for Scootaloo. You have a visitor and she said she won't leave us alone until she sees you. Said she's your sister." Scootaloo looked at her oddly before picking up her book and stroking her finger across the title.

"You want the name?" She nodded. "Uhhh... Rainbow Dash." Scootaloo pulled in her lips. She was still upset with her, but not as bad as before. Sighing, she nodded her head and stood up while the nurses came and put the cuffs on her.

"Good luck, Scootaloo," Icy said to her as the others waved. She nodded back at them while the nurses led her out and walked her down the hall. They were apparently headed back to the cafeteria where there were some more nurses waiting for her at the doors. Once she was close enough, they opened them to reveal Rainbow sitting at one of the tables, twiddling her thumbs worriedly. They walked her in, the footsteps catching her attention.

Rainbow stood up and called out, "Scoots!"

"We'll be standing nearby," Violent whispered to her calmly. Once they were gone, Scootaloo walked over to Rainbow, grabbed her hand, and popped it.

The nurses stared at her wide-eyed while the two girls shared a smile. "It's great seeing you at least going around hitting people again, you know," Rainbow said as the two sat down next to each other. "Although there are some things you should know." Scootaloo groaned. "It's not bad. If anything, it's a relief. I got your scooter." The girl popped her eyes open and smiled for the first time since being in there. "I told the doctor and she said she MIGHT let you ride it in the future. She has to talk to the state and the medical people about it. But it might be a possibility. The second thing...." Rainbow lowered her voice down to a whisper. "There was an unstable Equestrian artifact where you were living at. Called the Orb of Zebrica. The girls found it in the wall in that I guess cutout you were living in. There is another thing. There is another Equestrian alicorn named Zolan who is after you. Don't let her get to you okay? She is not going to be any good. We think she'll use you to get some dark magic. And take over both worlds. Equestria and Earth. Okay?"

Scootaloo nodded before Rainbow pulled her in and gave her a hug. "I miss you so much, Scootaloo. Just get better for me okay?" Scootaloo nodded before both of the girls cried a little, the younger one burying her head in her surrogate sister's neck. "And you'll get a family... Have a life a child is supposed to have. I'll be there the whole step of the way."

Scootaloo nodded. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, little sis."


A flash of light showed up in an alleyway outside of Canterlot City, along with a bunch of groaning, moaning, and complaining. Something that looked like a cheeseburger flew out and landed on the sidewalk when the two human thestrals popped their heads out tiredly. Anemone cursed Discord quietly.

"Uggghhhhh.....Discord....why?" She asked from inside the dumpster. "What is this, fish?"

"Just get out of the dumpster, bat head, the others are looking for us," Discord ordered. Anemone shuffled around, putting her foot into various things before she jumped out with a banana covering her rainbow colored hair. "Pee You. you stink. You need a bath."

"And you're washing me. You put me in there, you're gonna clean me too."

Discord was about to respond until a bunch of footsteps caught their attention. "Anemone!" The girl turned around to see her sister running towards her and crashing into her, knocking her back down onto the stone sidewalk with a grunt. Amaryllis gave her the biggest hug she could manage, screaming, "I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE FOREVER! I THOUGHT.....you smell really bad," she said calmly, covering her nose and sticking out her tongue.

"Yeah, well blame Discord, he put me in the dumpster."

"At least I got you out, right?" The human draconequus complained. "I'm pretty sure they were going to dissect you."

"ANYWAY," she interrupted him. "Help me up. You knocked me down." Amaryllis rolled her eyes before grabbing her sister's outstretched hand and pulling her up. "Where's everyone else? And did you get the Orb?"

"They're coming. I flew ahead. And we found something but we don't know if it's an Orb or not. So Princess Luna's going to have a look at it." Anemone nodded as she peeled the banana peel off her head. "It's been sitting up there for three minutes," Amaryllis deadpanned.

Anemone scoffed and retorted, "Yeah, well......I don't have eyes on the TOP of my head, so......"

"Found her!" The three looked up to see Twilight waving behind her for the rest to follow her. "We thought you got taken."

"I did get taken," Anemone deadpanned. "Then busted out, and thrown in the dumpster by Discord."

"I said I was sorry."

"You said NO such thing," she chuckled. "Now...I stink. Is there like a lake or something?"

"A....lake?" Sunset laughed. "We have showers here, remember?"

"A what? I always used like a tub full of water," Anemone said, gesturing with her hands the size of it. "I'd take off all my clothes, and-"

"TMI! TMI!" Sunset yelled, dismissing that scene. "Juniper's supposed to be here with the Princesses soon." Princess Twilight looked at her in confusion.

"How will she find us?"

"The Princesses will track the thestrals. I know Celestia can do it.....obviously. Sorry, girls for bringing her up."

"Screw you, sunset," Anemone said, watching as the former Equestrian gave a small smile and a shrug. Another flash of light appeared before the Princesses walked out with Juniper at the lead and Luna holding the box. "So....you got it."

"Yes, but it's spelled," Luna reported. "There was only one who could open it. His name was Forcehoof."

Anemone bit her bottom lip, closed her eyes, and groaned loudly. "Do you know them?" Princess Twilight asked her.

"Of course. He helped me and Amaryllis escape from her." she pointed a finger at Celestia, making her feel more guilty that she already was. "And the last one she chased. He was our father."

"Oh......." Sunset muttered, looking down at her nails. "Hmmmm....this is awkward."

"Very, now is there any other way to open it?" Sci-Twi asked in desperation. "I don't know what this lady wants with something like that, but Princess Luna said it felt very unstable around an hour ago." Anemone looked at her oddly before she approached the box, using her magic to grab it out of Luna's and into her own. She looked at it strangely, hoping to find a way inside.

"Maybe there was....nah.....no there wouldn't be instructions at where you found it in case someone else got their hands on it. What about on the letter clue?"

Luna reached into her jacket and pulled out the folded up prophecy and unfolded it gently. It was already yellowing around the edges. She started muttering, trying to piece it all together. "No...there's no other words up here about a key or anything. I think he was only meant to open it."

"Maybe it's thestral magic that opens it," Celestia inferred. "Try it."

Anemone looked from her then back down to the box before using her magic on it. It glowed brightly for a moment before it popped open, revealing a light blue orb.....and its power.

"OH MY GOD, CLOSE THAT!" Luna yelled, running forward and slamming the box shut. Those who could feel the magic were shivering in their shoes before the orb's feedback wore off.

"What.....what was that?" Sunset asked timidly, hugging herself.

"That's the orb of Zebrica," Celestia answered. "I know that power anywhere. That was way too strong. We must take this back to Equestria as soon as possible. But Zolan is still here. And if it's on Equestria it can be found easily."

"So we can't go back until we find Zolan," Princess Twilight finished. "And we still have to rescue Scootaloo. Unless Dash can, which I doubt a lot. She can't do this all on her own. Scootaloo needs all of us."

"So we stay in this dimension then," Luna agreed.

"Leave it to the Princesses," Sunset muttered, shaking her head. "Princess Amaryllis? Princess Anemone? Why don't you two join in?" The two thestrals looked at each other before shrugging and trying to give their input. "I was joking!"



After Rainbow had left, Scootaloo was put back in cuffs and taken back to the lounge. Of course though, they still had another activity. Something about a...... Scootaloo reached into the pocket of her gown and pulled out the schedule, unfolded it and checked it out, causing her eyes to nearly bug out of their sockets at what they were about to do next. A Body Scan?! What the heck was a Body Scan?! She gasped, catching Misty's attention. "Scootaloo? What's wrong?"

"Wh.....wha-what...." She couldn't get the words out, so she just pointed at the activity.

"That's a therapeutic exercise," she explained calmly. pointing at the term. She could see Scootaloo's apprehension was making her a little uneasy. "It's when you lie down on a mat, or something that you can feel specifically, and feel along your body without moving." Scootaloo raised an eyebrow in confusion. Misty chuckled and appeased her. "Don't worry, it won't involve touching. But if you have a panic attack, we'll get you out of there, okay?" Scootaloo sighed and nodded as she walked forward and put the agenda back in her pocket. It sounded a little unnerving to her, being able to feel without moving. It sounded.....dirty and scary. Especially considering what had happened to her. Soon they walked back into the gym where the activity was being held at. A few nurses were already in the room to direct the task.

"Hi, Scootaloo!" One of them called to her, waving and standing in front of the rest of the patients who were sitting on the floor. "We were just about to get started, have a seat." Scootaloo looked from her to the mats on the floor, taking a seat right next to Icy. That girl was just everywhere. Why was that?

Once she got situated, the nurses counted off the patients, making sure they were all in the room. "Alright! So today we're gonna try an exercise to get you more aware of things. It's called a body scan. We'll have you lay down on the ground and feel things without actually moving. Like the softness of your clothes, the air brushing by your face, the texture of the mat. So everyone lay down on your back." The girls all laid down like they were looking at the stars, their arms and legs away from each other. Scootaloo did the same, already having flashbacks of what happened in the past two, almost three years ago. "Now, don't move at all, but try to feel the texture of the mat."

The activity went by fairly quickly, with Scootaloo having absolutely no idea what the heck it was all for. Something about alertness. Either way, the activity lasted for thirty minutes before she was stood up again and the cuffs were placed on her. But of course, some people still wanted answers about her.

"Scootaloo?" The girl turned her head to see Dr. Martina standing there with three other people, all in black business suits. Two were women and another a big man, too big for her anyway. The first was a small woman with light green with dark blue hair and light green eyes, small in height. The second was a woman with dark orange skin, orange eyes, and bright orange hair. The third was a man with dark brown skin, white hair and dark brown eyes. "Some people would like to speak with you."

Scootaloo just stared wide-eyed at the man, not finding his presence comforting at all. He was big and buff. He did NOT look friendly. "It's okay, he won't hurt you. They just want to ask some questions."

Scootaloo looked at him before her emotions got a little unsteady. She slowly backed away from them a little bit. Dr. Martina turned to the man and whispered something to him, making him leave the area. "It's okay Scootaloo, he's gone. They're gonna be the ones doing the questioning, okay?" She gestured to the green woman standing next to her who gave the UP a smile and a wave. Scootaloo stared at her for a moment before walking over slowly and peeking out the doorway, trying to find the guy. He wasn't in the hall, but he was around there somewhere. She looked towards Dr. Martina and sighed before she stood up straight.

"They're with the law and just want to ask you some questions okay?" The doctor said again. Scootaloo nodded nonchalantly. "Alright, let's go." She led them out of the room and down the hall towards another room that had some two nurses waiting outside of it. Upon reaching it, it was opened, the door making a groan to reveal a plain white room with a table in the center and a camera in the upper right corner. They walked her in and towards the far side of the table where there was a plain chair waiting. They took off her cuffs and let her sit down while the two women took the exact same position across from her.

"We'll be right outside the door if you need us, okay?" Violet whispered calmly to her before they started to walk away. Scootaloo quickly reached out and grabbed her shirt, a look of pity on her face. "It's okay. We won't be far away." Scootaloo stared at her for a moment before she let her shirt go, letting the two nurses walk out. Leaving the patient alone with the FBI agent. Alone. She did not like this.