• Published 29th Jan 2018
  • 2,350 Views, 37 Comments

Stuck with you - CaioCoia



After sensing his mother had become distant from him for some reason, Spike decides to travel to another world to find out answers and hopefully help his sister make amends with their mother.

  • ...
3
 37
 2,350

Truths and Revelations

Spike testified the reaction of Rarity and Pinkie Pie wasn't normal. It was like they had seen a ghost.

“Do you know about her?” Spike asked. It was clear that they knew, but Spike felt this was a good way of finding out how they knew her. Perhaps she was friends with them, and they were just surprised that she was a princess. That was the best conclusion Spike could imagine.

“Of course we know.” Pinkie shouted, making everyone look at them. “Are you really sure your sister is SUNSET SHIMMER? Absolutely, positively certain?”

Everyone looked on with palled expressions after hearing Pinkie Pie scream Sunset Shimmer’s name. The room began to murmur and whisper. The tension increased and made it a little uncomfortable. It was a different atmosphere. All eyes were on Spike and the company.

“That's... the name my mother gave to her... why?” Spike mumbled cautiously.

“Well, darling...” Rarity whispered, really trying to think how she would say the next words. “Sunset Shimmer… or the one we know…, well, she... she’s not… the princess you’re looking for… She’s a brute, she’s rude, unladylike, manipulative... and very… mean... ”

Spike was caught off guard by Rarity’s words. She was clearly trying not to offend him and to soften the blow for Spike, but he couldn’t help but wonder several things. It was a lot to take in, to hear that a sister behaved like that. Even one that Spike had never met. Then he remembered what his mother told him about his sister when she was a filly.

“Well, I guess mum did say that, when Sunset was a filly, she withdrew after… some family tragedy. After that incident Sunset never was the same, she treated everypony like they were nothing, and she bullied and made them fear her. She left Equestria after an argument with mum.” Spike sighed, placing his last cupcake down. His appetite was just gone.

Rarity could see Spike’s tone and could tell that this was a difficult topic to talk about. She put a sympathetic hand on his shoulder, and asked gently “How much close Sunset was with that relative?”

“Like he was the only family member who understood and talked to her when she was little. It was her only friend and maybe the only one she trusted most in the family.” Spike said, sighing and looking for the people around him. They were acting like they weren't looking at them, but Spike, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie knew they were trying to hear what they were talking about.

“So...” Pinkie Pie approached with 3 glasses of soda for her two friends.“Sunset came here after leaving the castle without talking to her mother?”

“Yeah, I hadn’t hatched back then. It took another 2 or 3 months before Twilight took the test and hatched me.“ Spike decided to take one of the glasses and take a sip...”Woah Pinkie this is really tasty, I never had it before, what is it?”

“Do you mean this?” Pinkie pointed at the fizzy drink with confusion, “It's called soda. Do you not have soda where you’re from?” Pinkie Pie was understandably shocked. She couldn’t believe Spike had never encountered such a common drink to her

“Well, it's really tasty. I want more, please.” Spike said, swallowing the rest of the liquid from his glass. His stomach rumbled loudly, and he started getting some looks from the people around him. Then Spike’s face filled up and he let out a loud, bellowing sound that drew many’s attention. So mighty and impressive was this sound, that others had never imagined.

Buuuuuurrp! Spike burped a magnificent, green fire with more force than he ever had. It was an impressive feat of magical display that caught people off guard. They had never seen such an act. Some were scared by it, some impressed. But one thing that was consistent, everyone that was watching took a wise, cautionary step back as they stared with wide eyes and gaping mouths, enraptured by the sight of the green flame erupting from the little spike. Rarity stood by as Spike let out a flame thousand times more potent and powerful than that little light she saw in the park when they met for the first time. Pinkie Pie rolled away from where she was, dodging the fire which approached dangerously close to her. Slowly, the cloud of burning magical force died down. Spike watched his flame fade and sighed with relief. He patted his stomach in satisfaction.

“YEAH! THE DRAGON IS BACK TO FULL POWER, BABY!” Spike cheered, grinning proudly. He was thrilled to have his terrifying flame back and could be proud again in front of Rarity and Pinkie Pie. But then he remembered he was in the middle of town. Everyone was looking at him with a mix of surprise, awe, and fear. His ear-to-ear grin turned into a small sheepish smile. He blushes slightly.

“Oops… Uhh...excuse me?” Spike said out of politeness. The change in his behavior made Rarity and Pinkie Pie giggle at the little scene.

“Now that's better. I almost thought you would be that kind of rude person who burps and doesn't have any etiquette about it, which would hardly be very princely of you. Now you are acting more like a prince. Well, except that you showed off that you can breathe fire to not just me, but everyone around.” Rarity composed herself but she was indeed impressed with his fire breath. Rarity looked at Pinkie Pie, who was lying on the floor in shock. “Hey Pinkie? Are you alright?”

“That...was...AWESOME!” Pinkie Pie yelled, jumping up from the floor in excitement “How did you do that? Can you do that again?”

“Well, I'm a dragon where I’m from so... why not?” Spike said, smiling at her, and took a deep breath…

In the royal castle over Canterlot, a meeting was sapping away all of Princess Celestia’s energy, but she didn't mind: it was the usual day-to-day problems. But after the whisper, she felt like it was Spike saying goodbye to her, which didn’t make sense. He was at the castle and she knew he wouldn’t have gone back to Ponyville yet. Lost in her thoughts, she hadn’t noticed a question from one of the nobles.

“Your highness, are you listening to me?” A voice grumbled, offended. Celestia snapped back from her thoughts, but she wasn't surprised.

“I know, Ms. FlipFlop. You want funds for the expansion of your garden so as to have a better appreciation of nature around your mansion. As I said before, you have to fill out the necessary paperwork before such an expansion.” Princess Celestia was happy to lecture the ignorant noble, who wanted to skip the established process just to make her garden bigger.

Sometimes, Celestia wanted to burn all the paperwork and flee to another place, so she could be free from her responsibilities for her kingdom. nopony would be without a good administration.

While Princess Celestia was thinking deeply during the meeting, two ponies were watching her from a distance. A noble stallion with white fur and yellow mane wearing a messed tuxedo, and a pink alicorn with a colorful mane and a tiara.

“Do you think aunty will be fine?” The pink pony whispered, making the noble stallion look at her with his eyebrow raised.

“She will be fine. Trust me. There was a time when I saw a noble mare almost lit on fire for trying to purchase a slave.” The stallion snorted, happy to see his aunt was still doing her best to compose herself. “She pissed on her dress! I never thought I would see Aunty that angry. I think there is a limit to her patience.”

The pink alicorn looked at the stallion, humming like she understood his point of view. She raised her eyebrow as she looked at his ruffled appearance.

“I think you have a point. I really don't want to make aunty that angry. While this sounds interesting, can you answer me one thing, Blueblood?” The pink pony asked the stallion.

“Yeah?” The white stallion replied curiously.

“Why are your clothes so messy? Did you try to go on another date?” The pink princess inquired after looking at his expression once again.

Blueblood rolled his eyes while he gave a smile to the pink pony near him.

“Yep, another try, another mess sis. You won't believe how many times I received a thrown coffee at my face and got my tuxedo messed up.” The white stallion gave an ironic smile, thinking of how many dates he had already messed up.

“That’s the 45th time already?” The eyes of the pink alicorn widened as she squeaked in shock. Taking the poor stallion near her on surprise.

“Okay, now I'm curious. How did you know I was blasted 45 times?” Blueblood knew he was blasted but never told anypony about it. There were many dates, even secret ones. How the pony near him knew about.

“Oh Blueblood, my dear little brother. You can try to hide from the others, but not for me.” The pink alicorn teased, using her arm to hug him. “I can count, can't I? Durr. And you said blasted on the face, not when you get burned, or mane messed, or get a slap or even was bitten.”

“HEY, that just happened once!” Blueblood snapped, as his sister giggled. Blueblood gave up on meeting thestrals after the first date he had with one where he was bitten on the flank. Blueblood sighed as he looked at his sister. “Cadance, I still don't know why I keep doing this. I don't think that still worths.”

The pink alicorn looked at her brother who was a bit disappointed. While she questioned the same thing during the years, she learned the reason behind what Blueblood was passing. She knew that would work, but it was a brutal way for tough love.

“Well, I don't know how many dates you had to take the same test. And while I still try to deny the results or the test itself, I know it will be worth it brother. I know when you find the true mare who can be on your bad side will love you even more in your true-self.” Cadance reassured, speaking with great insight. She felt that he would find a perfect mate. when it comes from the brutal way, he will find one mare with a golden heart to be on his side when he was on the worst day, and it will be loved on the best way ever when he is on his best way.

“Yeah, I know… But sometimes I hate doing that to many ponies, like I know the bluebloods have been used for many nobles and some other ponies, but you really think I could be used Cadance?” While that sounds naive, it was true, during generations the bluebloods had to deal with all kinds of nobles to have such privileges, and when it comes from true friendships and relationships they would betray their trust. Cadance knew because her aunt Celestia told many stories about how much betrayed the first and second blueblood were when they were the royalty.

“Well Blue, I know it's hard for you, but you need to learn the truth. Outside is really cruel, and we sometimes lack a true friendship. You don't know how much harder it is as a noble to have a true friend. And we do that just to be sure of one thing. you can always trust me, aunty Celestia, Luna, and Spike. But Friendship is hard to learn...” She remembered the tragedy of the first two Blueblood’s. Princess Celestia took care of all the betrayers from her family. That dark history was one they wished to forget. Princess Celestia herself took care of the third Blueblood and protected him and his generation from the same fate of their ancestors.

The third Blueblood was known by Equestria as the most brutal and dishonest pony of all Equestria, but it was when Celestia discovered his plan. He was telling lies to discover who would be worthy ponies for him to trust and only gave his friendship and love to those that fit his plan. That secret passed down the generations as the only way to determine who deserved to be trusted or who would try to betray them. That's the story behind all Blueblood’s.

Reminding themselves of their family’s story made not just Cadence, but also Blueblood happy. They could always believe in their family and the plan of their ancestors. While the noble ponies would still be a problem for them at Canterlot, there was always one thing they could count on; their family. From their point of view, everything was easier with family.

“Yeah, the family is always reliable. I know I can count on you all, but Spike won’t stop laughing at me after what happened with Ms. Belle at the Galla. There are times when I hate what I did to the other ponies. Except for Rarity; she deserved something like that.” Blueblood smiled at his giggling sister.

Cadance knew what happened from 2 points of view. From Spike who was laughing about how Blueblood ended, and from their aunt Princess Celestia who still said it was a bit too much, but knowing why Blueblood did that, she couldn't agree more for what he did. Now it was time to know the reason behind the catastrophe from the culprit himself.

“Why did you do that to her?” Cadance prodded.

“My dear sister Cadance, you forgot Spike had a crush on her since the first time he saw her at Ponyville, and she went after ME rather than him? Come on, I would not be with the love of my own family, I know I act jerk sometimes but with family? I have to say, she is not worthy of him.” Blueblood snorted laughing a bit with his sister after that disastrous party at the Galla.

While it was fun to talk to her brother, Cadance remembered her cousin should be awake by now and had breakfast. Maybe she could play with him while they were working in the courtroom, she thought. She wanted to spend some time with her cousin while he was still in Canterlot.

“Well, I should take a look at Spike soon. I know he will be upset if aunty was here all day, and if I don't play with him, I bet he’ll start getting lonely.” Cadance resolved, taking one last look at her aunt who was talking to a stallion about the plans of a new library by the school.

Blueblood nodded, knowing how Spike would be like if he was alone. He decided to let his sister take care of their cousin.

“Okay, I will tell aunty where you went. See you tonight sister?” Blueblood asked as his sister walked towards the door.

“Sure. Bye blue.” Cadance smiled at her brother before leaving the room.

“Bye Cadance.” Blueblood replied after her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
.

“That's okay Spike, it happens with everyone, don't take yourself too hard.” Rarity said with a gentle voice, trying to cheer Spike after the same thing happened the first time he tried to breathe fire. It was a tiny ember again.

Spike after seeing his tiny ember again, he blushed so hard and jumped under the table, trying to hide from the others.

“I don't know what went wrong, I thought it was going to be like before, and not like that miserable flame again,” Spike said sniffing in shame under the table, while Rarity was still up, she could hear his voice was in shame.

“I have to say, that was impressive...” Pinkie Pie said innocently but like in a bit of sarcasm over it, but after receiving a glare from Rarity she became sheepish while the others felt empathy with the boy who was smiling not just 10 minutes ago, and now he was ashamed he wasn't going to get out from under the table.

“Maybe it was something you did before trying darling, didn't you do something before the second try who made the fire breath more powerful than the first and third try? If we find something that can help you with your problem, you could fire breath again as you did before.” Rarity asked that question because if Spike was sad she could sense almost heartbroken with that little boy near to her.

“Well, I came here, ate a lot, and then I drank what Pinkie brought to me, then after I drank a glass I breathed fire,” Spike said, wiping his tears near his face while they could hear him from the table.

“Well, and what if you try to drink that glass again and give another try? Maybe that makes you fire breath again, can you do that for me? Please.” Rarity asked Spike, smiling using puppy eyes and a tiny voice, making Spike sigh leaving the table and getting up.

“Okay, I will try,” Spike said looking at Pinkie Pie who was holding a glass of soda to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 minutes later.

After another huge fireblast, everyone inside of the Sugarcube Corner cheered for the boy who was happy for another amazing fireshot inside of there.

“UHUUUU.” Pinkie Pie cheered looking at the green flame passing over many candles over the cake.

Spike was breathing a bit tired and sweating, but the smile over all the people over there made him feel better. Rarity gave him a towel to clean his face from his sweating.

“Okay guys I think I did enough for today,” Spike said, smiling to the group of boys and girls watching him from their table.

“Awwwww.” Many people said that making Spike smile even more.

“Sorry guys, but I cannot breathe fire forever, I had to drink a lot of soda to make my flames go outside. But well, thank you for everypo...everyone enjoy it.” Spike thanked everyone over there who was watching him and cheered for him.

“Well I have to say, you can change your mode really quick.” Rarity said using her hand to staff her giggle.

“What can I say? I live with someone who freaks out with little things, trust me, it was a nightmare you don't want to live in.” Spike said, chuckling remembering his friend.

“So later you can tell me about your friends?” Rarity asked interested for more stories about the little dragon near her.

“Off...” Spike was going to answer when the door was blasted with a powerful kick.

“WHAT THE HELL IT'S GOING ON HERE?” An angry voice took the attention of everyone inside there making everyone look around to a girl who was wearing a black jacket with yellow and red hair, she watched everyone get cold and took a step back.

She approached the table who was Spike, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity looking at her.

Spike noticed the girls near him were trying to avoid contact with the girl who was approaching them.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” The girl smiled deviously at the girls near him, scared about her, she liked the way they feared her, while the boy who was looking at her had a funny face. She was watching the boy during minutes over the window on the Sugarcube Corner and was surprised, but she would not let them know about it. She needed to show them their place, even the new boy. “A new guy, well I never thought someone was capable of doing something like you did, blast fire, what do you freak are you doing here?”

The word freak makes Rarity and Pinkie Pie turn around to her ready to argue but Spike chuckled from her speech making everyone look at him.

“Freak? That was an old one, well yeah, I heard that a lot, but I don't mind because the flame was inside of me, is the same flame of my spirit burning for friendship and family love ready to take over the world.” Spike said proudly of himself making the girls giggling from his silly speech.

Sunset raised her eyebrow, she could not believe how much silly someone could say something so stupid like that to her, while she could have used many provocations, she could guess he couldn't be hit from her provocation and teasing, even some threats, maybe she could give up. It was too silly to continue that conversation, maybe it was time for another try.

“Oh, and where did you find that cute little one?” While sounding sarcastic, she could see the boy didn't mind from the sarcastic voice, and that made her a bit annoyed.

“My mother taught me, using silly words against harsh words makes all the discussion unworthy of time and makes the bullies stop to find something they can use against me,” Spike said rationally, making everyone looking at him in surprise.

Sunset was speechless, she could say she couldn't try an argument with someone who could just use silly sentences because it would make her angry and annoyed for the time she lost, and that boy strategy was exactly like that, she could see that boy being a good player while sounding silly, he was smart.

“I know I'm a dragon, I know I'm new here, and I don't care what the bullies or even you say about me. I just care for my family and my friends say about me. And if you are not my family or even my friend, so I have nothing to talk with you, excuse me but I have to go.” Spike sounded serious after taking a look at that girl who was in front of him. He knew from his childhood how much mean the ponies were looking at him as a monster, but after what his mother and friends told about him, he has his rights as many ponies over Equestria and if that wasn't enough, he could say to his mother and she would make that ponies regret to mess with him.

So that's why he doesn't want to waste his time with bullies, just with friends.

“Alright Rarity, let's go, I think I had enough,” Spike said getting up, and ready to get out of the Sugarcube Corner. He grabbed Rarity's hand and decided to get out from there.

“But Spike...” It sounded weak, but it was enough for Spike to listen, he saw Rarity holding his hand and her face with worry and concern for him.

“Yeah?” Spike didn't know why she was acting like that so he waited to hear the last thing he wanted to remember and discover.

“She is Sunset Shimmer.” Rarity let it out getting ready for the suddenly future reaction.

Spike's mind heard the sound of cracking and crashing glasses inside his mind, and broken glasses the inside of his world were destroyed after he stopped his track.

He admitted to Sunset, Rarity nodded, then he looked at Pinkie Pie, who was even worse than Rarity, looking at Pinkie she nodded as well, then he appointed him, they both nodded to him. Spike waited some seconds, while Sunset didn't know what's going on, she could see he couldn't expect she was Sunset.

“WHAT? IS SHE SUNSET?” Spike let it out an outburst making everyone jump in surprise and then suddenly shout from him.

It wasn't a surprise to his reaction, everyone could imagine what would happen if something like that when her lost brother found out who she was, everyone over there knew who he was, minus one.

“Yeah, I'm Sunset Shimmer, but what that is it about? Why did you change your mode just because of me? Are you afraid of me?” Sunset took that opportunity to make her name known again, maybe he listened about her, and the things she did to get what she wanted. She smiled while she said those questions.

“BECAUSE HE IS SPIKE, THE PRINCE OF EQUESTRIA AND YOUR BROTHER.” Pinkie Pie screamed like it was the spoiler of the century around Canterlot, it was like a Mexican novel she watched many times in her childhood, and she couldn't take that secret anymore.

Sunset's smile dropped as with her mouth as some moments later, her mind freezes from the words as:

“Prince of...EQUESTRIA? And my what?” Sunset asked like it was impossible something like that happens to her, on that same day, and in that same moment, she saw Spike, looking at her in the same way.

“IS SHE SUNSET SHIMMER? MY LOST SISTER?” Spike screamed like it was impossible, even he was seeing with his own eyes, he would never believe what Rarity and Pinkie Pie said to him, they said she was bad, but not that jerk like she was trying to be with him.

“WAIT, WHY SHE SAID YOU ARE MY BROTHER?” Sunset screamed like it must be a joke, a funny and terrible joke, she would make the one who made it pay really hard, she believed it was a joke or a prank, if it was Rainbow Dash she would take all her soccer balls over the gym and home. She refused to believe someone from Equestria came there and said he is her brother.

“EVERYTHING NOW IS GOING TO BE CRAZY...” Rarity screamed holding her head, she imagined that would be both of their reactions, she wanted to calm down everything, and now she was going to get crazy like everyone around her but one hand was put on her mouth.

“SHHHHHHHHHHH” Pinkie Pie said, taking attention of everyone. She looked on the left and right in suspicion of something. She waited for everyone be in silence and said like a whisper. “Can you hear that?”

Everyone was quiet, trying to understand what she meant, the only thing they were making was an awkward silence.

“Hear what?” Rarity mover Pinkie's hand over her mouth and questioned what she means about hearing something.

Pinkie Pie smiled and imitated on the scene using her hands like she was going to make an explosion.

“Minds blowing away. Boom.” Pinkie Pie whispered making an imaginary explosion using her hands over her hair.

Everyone rolled their eyes and shook their heads.

Just Pinkie being Pinkie.

Author's Note:

While I have left all my fictions in hiatus, still I wanted to give you all one thing to might enjoy your time over the day. Even if my grammar is not soo great, I want at least to convince you all to enjoy my story as it is. A good plot story.

I hope you all liked this chapter. Click liked and comment about this twist. XD