• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 7,311 Views, 348 Comments

Two Sisters and a Dragonborn - Spettro138



When The Royal Sisters are transported to a country at war, they must find its hero if they ever want to get home and stop the madness of the daedra.

  • ...
29
 348
 7,311

Chapter 3: Second Awakening (UPDATE:12/10/18)

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late release with this one. With Babscon on Easter weekend delaying me and studying for Earth Science and Drama midterms delaying me even further, I got a little behind, but rest assured, I will try to get these out at fairly reasonable dates

Note: Blue text is a cue for opening a link in another window that will play music to set the mood and light blue text is the cue to close it

Celestia began to stir. The first sensation she felt was humidity. Like a hot, wet stickiness that one only felt near tropical environments. Her eyes slowly opened, finding that the uncomfortable weather didn’t faze her too much despite the fact it added to the aches her body was feeling. She was still really sore, so it was somewhat hard to move a lot. Her eyesight was still somewhat blurry, but she could still see most of what was around her. She tried to raise her hoof, but what she found instead caught her off guard.

Opening her eyes all the way, she saw that her hooves were no longer there. Something strange that she had not seen attached to her body in quite a long time. A pair of human hands. Except this time, instead of them being pale white and furless like Sheogorath and those beyond the mirror, she still had her snow white coat of fur. The first times she had visited the other world, it had not gone well and she panicked after seeing her other transformation, but now she had been somewhat used to this sort of thing.

Celestia saw that she was laying on some kind of rug in the middle of a very small chamber in a cave. She could faintly hear a few voices coming from various rough sounding people.

She had also noticed that her hands were bound with some kind of thick twine rope. She was too weak to move a lot at the moment or cast any magic, so she did the one thing she could do at the moment, assess her new appearance and her overall health. She moved her bound hands up to her face and noticed another surprising thing. She did not have her human face either. Her pony face had remained the same for the most part except for a slightly shortened horn. Her pink, blue, and teal shaded hair was draped around her head and over her shoulder and back in a frizzy mess. She looked down and noticed she was wearing a skimpy outfit of some kind. One she hadn't remembered putting on herself before waking up in this strange place. An ancient, skimpy outfit like the ones the long disbanded brothels of mares in Equestria once wore before Celestia and her sister ascended to the throne. It was a leather gown that revealed her left leg up to the thigh and healthy amount of her cleavage. Her breasts were quite large and bulged out of her outfit like watermelons.

What is that Earther term again? Oh yeah, I think I’m a D-cup, she humorously thought.

She looked behind her and saw that her long tail was also still attached to her. It draped down the back side of her lower leg and looked just as disheveled as her mane did. Her glorious white wings were still attached to her body as well. They unfortunately had not fared well during the transformation and would need extensive grooming and cleaning before she could try flying again. All in all, Celestia felt fine for the most part other than her new appearance, her drained state, and her apparent imprisonment. That wouldn’t last for long though as she slowly felt her magic returning to her. Not enough to cast any big spells, but enough to use her magic to levitate objects again. It would be at least another three days before she could cast any major spells again and a week longer to get back to her previous strength.

Celestia found herself able to finally sit up and get a better look at her surroundings. Looking at the stone cell around her, she could see that it might have been a cage for an animal at one point. With a layer of straw spread across the ground and the residual musk from an animal of some sort. The cage had been equipped with the simple hide bed mat that Celestia had woken up on and a simple wooden bucket in the corner that she could only guess was for.....doing her business. Then, she noticed that just outside the cell was a crudely built room with shelves, chests and tables that roughly resembled a study. Many books lined the shelves each with different colors and patterns. On a small wooden table with a simple wooden chair lay a small leather bag of what looked to be gold coins and a couple of small gemstones. Off to the left of the study, she could see a passageway that lead into a bigger chamber where she could hear growls from what she assumed to be some kind of dog and heard the voices once again a bit more clearly when she listened carefully.

Celestia could hear a muffled cry from what she believed to be a female voice of some sort.

“We’re you careful boss? Did the Stormcloaks spot you?”

“Of course I didn’t get spot you mental degenerate. Those Stormcloaks are far too busy watching for Imperials to deal with us. How do you think this operation survived so long?” the articulate voice replied.

“When’s the next fight Butcher? I want a chance to get at that sweet snow white piece of ass we found yesterday,” the gravelly voice replied.

“All in good time boys, the next fight will be tomorrow, plenty of time to gather a few of the other bandit groups from the area to join in our little bout.”

The voices seemed to disperse again before she heard a pair of clanging feet and the muffled female cry getting louder and louder before they were right outside of the study. Before she could be seen awake, Celestia quickly moved back to her position on the bed roll and faked sleeping by closing her eyes closed and breathed slowly. She could hear the jingling of keys and the continued cry of the female voice and then the rusty door of the cell opening.

Celestia then felt and heard the female presence being tossed over towards her before the rusty door of the cell once again closed.

“It would be a shame if you two died, because you two are going to help me kick off my new trafficking operation here. It’s going to be quite splendid. Especially with you pegacorn woman.” the articulate voice said gleefully towards Celestia. “It’s not everyday one gets to violate a member of royalty from an undiscovered race.”

The voice then chuckled before walking out of the study and off somewhere else.

Celestia opened her eyes to quickly scan her surroundings and then got up to see who belonged to the muffled voice.

It was a human girl, not much older than Cadence, but a little different those of the humans that Celestia knew from beyond the mirror. Celestia went over to her to take off the blindfold and made an attempt to calm her down.

“Its alright, they are gone,” Celestia said as she carefully pulled the gag out of the girl’s mouth.

“Wh-Where am I? Wh-Who are you?” the girl asked terrified.

“I’m not going to hurt you sweetheart, but I need to take off that blindfold. May I?” she asked politely.

The girl was reluctant but quickly nodded before Celestia untied the blindfold and took it off of the girl’s face to reveal her deep green eyes.

After gazing upon Celestia for the first time, the girl widened her eyes in surprise and utter facination.

“Who are you? What are you?” the girl asked.

Celestia lightly smiled at the girl to break the tension.

“My name is Celestia. My race is called Alicorn Pony.” she replied.

The girl began to show signs of calming down as she sat down against the wall. The same kind of courtesan gown that had been put on Celestia was also donned by the brown-haired girl draped loosely down the side of her right leg completely exposing bare skin up to her thigh. As she had no fur, she was appearing to be affected even more by the effects of the weather.


“Alicorn…..pony? Are you some kind of magical horse?” the girl asked as she wiped some tears from her face.

“For all intents and purposes” Celestia replied with a light smile.

The girl had a face of delight on, but Celestia could tell that it was somewhat forced. The poor girl had gone through something terrible recently. Those bandits did something horrible to her and Celestia intended to do something about it. Even though she had to find a way to escape and find Luna, she felt the sudden urge to comfort this girl in any way she could.

“My race has the qualities of the unicorn, the pegasus, and the Earth pony.” Celestia stated.

The girl looked at Celestia with wonder.

"Unicorns? and Pegasi? I thought those were only myths. And I didn't know that they stood on two feet. Or...hooves rather."

Celestia took a quick look at her legs and just as the girl noted, her hooves on her two remaining legs were still there.

The girl showed signs of relaxing and Celestia took the opportunity to find as much as she could about this girl and where she ended up after Sheogorath banished herself and Luna.

“May I ask your name miss?” Celestia asked kindly.

The girl seemed apprehensive, but she decided that Celestia seemed nice enough so it couldn’t hurt to tell her.

“........Its F-Friga. Friga S-Shatter-Shield.” the girl said.

“It’s nice to meet you Friga.” Celestia replied kindly attempting to calm her.. “Can you tell me exactly where I am Friga?”

Friga sat up straight against the stone wall of the cell seemed confused at her question, but decided to answer Celestia anyway.

“Um, we are in a cave? In a prison cell I’m not sure where though I think somewhere south of Windhelm,” Friga replied confused unsure how to answer Celestia.

Celestia thought that she wasn’t specific enough and Friga was confused by her too general question, but decided to ask about Windhelm

“Windhelm? Is that the name of the country?” Celestia asked interested.

Friga moved a few strands of her brown hair out of her face and looked even more confused by Celestia’s newest question.

“Country? No, don’t you know? Windhelm is one of the main cities in Skyrim in the hold of Eastmarch.” Friga replied.

“Skyrim?” Eastmarch? Celestia asked getting more confused by the second.

“That's right, the northern province of Skyrim on the continent of Tamriel.”

Celestia could come to an educated guess on what each of those terms meant. She knew she would have to escape the bandit cave if she were to find Luna and get back to Equestria. However, she also knew that she could not just escape and search for Luna without having some semblance of direction and more knowledge of where she was. She could easily get lost and it would take ages and ages for her to find Luna. It would certainly pass the time for her until she could recharge her magic and find a way for the both of them to escape the cave.

“Forgive me Friga, but I seem to be just a little bit lost. Can you tell me more about Skyrim, Windhelm, these holds, and Tamriel?” Celestia asked.

“Well, being raised in a well-off family, my family did require me learn the history and culture of Skyrim and Tamriel during a big part of my childhood, so I can share a little bit of what I know I suppose. Not much else to do for now until…..tomorrow I suppose” Friga replied calmly, seemingly resigned.

Celestia saw that she was afraid and attempted to cheer her up by having her talk about her homeland.

“So, what should I know about this Tamriel?” Celestia asked.

Friga seemed to momentarily break out of her depression as she went on to explain the history of Skyrim.

“Well, the history of Skyrim is long and winding, so I should probably try to condense it as much as possible. Tamriel is the name of the continent we are currently on. It is home to many, many races and the individual provinces that they are from. Let me start with the Nords……."


Luna awoke from her little fainting spell and found out that she had only been unconscious for a few minutes. She found herself face first lying in a loaf of bread and vegetables. She sat back up and removed any food that had stuck to her face when she fell into it. All of the guards around were laughing at her apparent overreaction to their hunting trophies. She quickly apologized to Jarl Balgruf for her disruption of their meal and went back to finishing her meal.

“May I ask, what in Oblivion that was about?” the bewildered Irileth asked.

“Forgive me Lady Irileth, my land-” Luna was about to say.

She stopped herself before accidentally revealing to them about her immortality that has kept herself alive for thousands of years. Irileth once again smirked at her incorrect usage of titles.

“Forgive me, I have heard of other….races having hunting trophies like thou’s and even read stories about hunting trophies being gathered by our ancient warriors a thousand years ago, but we have never seen one ourself.” Luna shyly admitted. "Our race chooses mostly to dine on vegetables, grains, eggs, sugary sweets, and the occasional fish to supplement our diet."

"...Then if I may ask, how are you able to eat meat?" Proventus asked interested.

Luna thought for a moment before thinking of another clever half-truth.

"My sister and I have gotten used to eating meat in the past, but it was only to appease a rather violent...tribe of people in our kingdom. Even then, I have tried not to think too much about how the meat was prepared. Celestia and I have grown quite fond of eating it now though, but we just like to do it in secret so we don't give our subjects the wrong idea. But from what my royal scholars have deduced, my ponies ARE capable of being omnivorous like my sister and I are, its just more of a personal choice kind of thing."

Everyone seemed to put two and two together and understood her seemingly overly dramatic fainting spell

Luna looked back down at her plate with a somber face and quietly finished eating.

In truth, Luna had seen trophies like the ones that Balgruf had. The ones she had seen however, were from a dark, ancient past that she had deeply wished would never rise back up again…

/-----/

After dinner, Balgruf instructed Proventus to show Luna to a guest room near his court wizard's study for her to sleep in whenever she wished to. When everyone else had gone to bed, he felt like staying on his throne for the time being to reflect on his day and take care of some extra work. In his hands was an unfurled scroll with the imperial seal etched into the parchment. The Jarl’s eyes darted through the letter, his expression growing more tired and annoyed, the further he read. As he finished reading, the Jarl rolled up the scroll and set it beside his throne. He leaned forward and removed his crown to massage his throbbing temples. He heard someone approach from the stairway, and remembering his old instincts, the Jarl made a reach for the steel axe at the side of his throne, but when he saw his court wizard descend the staircase, he relaxed.

“Oh, it’s only you Farengar. Is it not a bit late to be wandering the halls? You’re not performing any more of your unsavory experiments are you?” Balgruf questioned with a raised eyebrow.

The Jarl’s court wizard stifled a yawn, and shook his head. He walked over to one of the wood tables in the center of the room and poured himself some wine from a green bottle that was left on the table. The Jarl picked up the scroll and stuffed it in between his belt. Getting up from his throne, He walked lazily to the dining table and sat across from Farengar and then poured himself his own goblet of wine from the green bottle.

“How is our royal guest Farengar?”

“She came out of her room a few hours ago and asked to read in my study. I stepped out for an hour to give her a spot of privacy. I thought a walk around the castle might do me a little bit of good. In fact, I was just about to check back in on her.” Farengar replied taking a good long sip from his goblet.

Balgruf was about to take a sip from his own wine goblet when he paused.

“Check on her? Is she ill?”

Farengar shook his head and gestured to his room over to the right of the throne room. Jarl Balgruf looked past his court wizard and noticed a faint glow coming from the cracks in the door to Farengar’s study. The glow was a gentle blue, steadily flickering. His expression became curious, placing the empty wine goblet back down on the table.

“What do you make of her Farengar?”

The Court Wizard made eye contact with the Jarl, a slight smirk on his face.

“She is unlike any royal adept I have ever met. And her species seems to have abilities unlike anything I've ever seen.”

Jarl Balgruf stood up and moved towards the door.

"Let me see."

/----/

Luna was sitting on one of the chairs in the room, a thick red tome sitting in front of her. She read with the speed of an experienced reader, flipping page after page in only a matter of moments. She was tired, but full enough after having such a plentiful meal even after her little fainting spell from the Jarl’s trophies. It was her luck that she had formed herself into a proper omnivore earlier in life so she could be able to eat meat, or she would have surely regurgitated all of her dinner in front of the Jarl. And that would have been behavior unfitting of a princess. Reaching the final pages of the tome, she sighed and looked towards the pile of books sitting in front of her, prior events running through her mind.

After entering the court wizard’s study that night, Luna finally came face to face with Farengar, a fairly young man who was friendly enough to let her borrow all of the books that were on his shelf. At first he pelted her with so many questions that made him remind her of a certain lavender alicorn she knew. He seemed fascinated when Luna used her magic to grip the books off the upper shelves where she couldn’t reach and pile them on the table for research. It was quite the exact opposite reaction to what Irileth had done when she first saw her do it. He was excited watching her display and asked how much she knew about Alteration Magic. She was naturally clueless, but didn’t show it.

The way this world’s magic worked, was so foreign to her, and so familiar at the same time that she had to throw away a lot of what she knew and was forced to start from scratch. It irritated her, but she knew she would have to work hard at it.

Celestia was always more adept at learning new kinds of magic faster than I ever was, Luna thought sadly. She shook her head to cast her grim thoughts out of her head to help herself focus on her task.

She found out that magic could be used in this world through the hands just as easily as unicorns and alicorns used magic through their horns. She slammed the tome shut and made a stack of books out of the ones she was reading. She stood up slowly and raised her hands from her side. Even though she could use it, she found in this world that it was easier to use her telekinesis if she focused her magical energy through her hands as opposed to just her head. It was even easier if she thought of it as having three horns instead of just one. She focused her magic through her hands and the stack of books slowly levitated around her. She then carefully used her other hand to hold the stack in place and place each book back up on to the shelf where it belonged. Being satisfied with her progress, she went on to another group of books to continue her studies about this world.

She was so focused that she did not notice that she was being observed by the Jarl and his court wizard. Balgruf and Farengar had been watching her from the other room. After watching this latest display, Farengar looked at the Jarl, awaiting some sort of reaction. Soon, attention paid off as Balgruf stroked his beard and nodded his head.

“You are quite right, she is very capable, especially for a princess.”

Balgruf and Farengar quietly moved away from the door as to not disturb Luna’s studies. They waited before they were out of earshot. At least what they believed her hearing range to be.

“If she is truly capable, what is your council on sending her after that foolish Nord? He has been gone for quite some time. Perhaps he got himself stuck in a skeever trap” Farengar quipped.

Balgruf stopped and spun quickly, catching Farengar off guard.

“Are you mad Farengar? Capable as she might be, she is but an innocent child, one who has never known the sting of conflict or the harshness of war. You would send her into Bleak Falls Barrow?”

Farenger looked away, looking vaguely ashamed. The Jarl walked back up to his throne and sat on it looking down the empty hall in thought as Farengar stood by him not saying a word.

“Have faith, Farengar. The Nine work in such mysterious ways, and we are living in such strange times. I suppose it is destiny that the...eccentric Nord brought Luna to us. Perhaps it is the will of the nine that they crossed paths in such a way. If that truly is the case, nothing will stop that boy from returning to us.”

“If he doesn’t trip over his own arse first”

/-----/

The next day, Luna was put straight to work. She didn’t complain, after all they were giving her free sustenance and lodging in a new and possibly dangerous world she knew little about. She began the day assisting Farengar with organizing his research, a task she completed in record time much to the delight and bewilderment of Farengar. For almost the entire time Luna had been organizing his research and alchemic ingredients, Farengar had been sitting, mouth agape, still unable to resist marveling at Luna’s display of magical prowess.

“I have finished,” she said stoically, as she levitated the last books into place at the top of a shelf.

Farengar snapped out of his stupor and clapped his hands. He’s seen her magical capabilities before, but seeing his entire collection of books, maps and scrolls floating into the air at once and being placed one by one in their proper place surpassed even what he and the Jarl observed last night.

“Very good! Amazing! You make such advanced telekinesis look so easy”

Luna gave a small smile at the praise. She bowed her head slightly towards Farengar.

“Thank you Sir Farengar, you are very kind.”

Farengar smiled and took out a blank scroll out from underneath the table and set it on his desk. He also moved over to his newly reorganized bookshelf and pulled out a couple of small books. Curious, Luna moved next to him hoping to see what the two books were.

“Is that more of your research Sir Farengar?” She asked.

“Dragons.”

Luna only gave him her blank stoic stare, the same one she always gave Celestia when she wished to have modern Equestrian customs explained to her, as if expecting him to continue. She knew all about dragons, but they didn’t know what she knew. She had encountered many dragons plenty of times in her past, defeated them with her sister's help, even mated with one in the ancient past. But for now, she had to feign ignorance until she knew she could trust them. Farengar saw the expression on Luna’s face and closed the books.

“You mean you don’t know your highness?” Farengar asked.

Luna gave him a blank stare.

“Of course you wouldn’t know, the dragons most likely overlooked your land in ancient times. What was I thinking?”

Luna sat down on the chair across from him and allowed the wizard to explain himself. He adjusted himself on his chair obviously excited to discuss the topic. He started out explaining exactly what dragons were and their ancient origins. He went on to talking about the dragon attack on a city in the south of Skyrim called Helgen and how everyone thought that they were just a myth. It was his job to find out as much as he could about the subject, and discover a way to defeat them. Luna wondered why his explanation sounded familiar. All of a sudden she stood up in realization, causing Farengar to jump a little in surprise. Luna retrieved a black book with the silver etching of a dragon from her room that had been nearly identical to the one she had attempted to read back in Equestria.

“May I ask what this book is Sir Farengar? We believe that, we have seen it somewhere else before.” Luna asked.

Farengar gave a small smile before gently accepting the book from Luna and opening its front cover. He looked only for a split second before closing it and handing it back to Luna.

“That is The Book of the Dragonborn” asked Luna still holding the black time in front of Farengar.

“Dragonborn. Tis that another piece of thou’s folklore?” Luna asked. Before he could reply, there was a sharp knock on the frame of the passageway leading into the main part of Farengar’s study. They turned to find Irileth standing in the passageway. Her crimson eyes quickly fell on to Luna.

“Are you done with her Farengar?”

Farengar stumbled a bit with his response, but eventually settled with a quiet “yes.”

“Good. Princess, how comfortable are you lifting heavy loads?”

Luna looked at Irileth confused before looking down at her slender hands and back up to Irileth, with a confident smile.

“We have been trained to lift a lot of weight with our arms. Who needs our assistance?”

Irileth lightly chuckled before rolling her eyes.

“With your magic I mean.”

Luna stood up looking as eager to help as possible.

“We shall lift any weight you pass on to us to assist in thou’s daily task” Luna replied confidently

Irileth put her arms on her hips and considered Luna again.

“One hundred Leather Armors and Iron Daggers.”

Luna’s smile went away and was replaced with a look of confusion.


Meanwhile, just outside the city. Someone who would affect Luna's life in more ways than one was about to make her acquaintance.....

"Oh hey, its that White city again. Almost forgot I needed to come back here. I think I was supposed to do something important here? Something I was supposed to say to the....Jarl I think it was? Something about a matter of life and death? I also think I left that blue horsey lady here too? Ooh lookie! mudcrabs!"