• Published 31st Jan 2018
  • 470 Views, 4 Comments

Heart Of The Guardians - BodhiBRO100



An ancient legend of very powerful beings has surfaced onto the land of Equestria once again in many moons. And Twilight and her friends meet new heralds of the Dark Lord.

  • ...
 4
 470

The Private's Problem

After Brainy finally wins the contest, he sits down in a booth, all worn out. "Poison, remind me never to get in contests like that again." he said, sniggering.

"Aww, but you are a star at this!" Poison said enthusiastically.

Brainy chuckled. "Yeah I know, but still, I'm certainly whacked out now." he said, laying his head back in a chair.

Poison pats her friend's shoulder, then looks at the other ponies, whom are having a great time, and some are just eating. She then looks back at Brainy. "I'm gonna get us hayburgers, if that will give you some energy?" she asked him.

Brainy shook his head and smiled cheekily. "Nah, you go ahead and eat, yourself." he replied. "I'll just rest here for a little bit."

"Alright, I'll be back." Poison said, walking away.

As Brainy sits there, sighing, suddenly, a familiar voice is heard. "Brainy, your name is, right?" the mare sounding voice asked.

Brainy then looks up, and sees Jelly, sitting in front of him, on the opposite chair. "Oh, hello. Yes, that's me. What's up?" he asks her.

"Well, hello to you too, my name is Jelly, and I would like to discuss something with you. If you're willing?" she asked him.

"Okay, go ahead. What's the problem?" Brainy asks her.

"So, I've tried getting information about a plan that this changeling, named Hopper, has cooked up, right?" Jelly said, and Brainy gave her a nod, so she would know he was listening. "And, I reached this building in Manehattan, and I found out things I never thought I would see for years and years, you know what I mean? That's why I came to you for help." she explained.

"Really? Hmm." Brainy said, putting his hoof on the side of his head, as he uses his powers to look into Jelly's mind.

Jelly looked at him in confusion, as all she notices, is Brainy staring at her, tiredly, but in a concerned manner. "Uh..Brainy? You alright?" she asked in confusion.

Brainy didn't listen, and he fell into a mind reading trance, which he saw Mr. Apricot get thrown against the wall of the room, that Jelly looked into secretly, and he saw Hopper grinning evilly, and Bling turning into full diamond form. Brainy's expression quickly turned to shock.

"Umm.." Jelly started, abit awkward out now. "I think we can wait till you have gotten some rest from all that cider." she finished saying.

Brainy put his hoof down, as he came back from the trance, and looked at Jelly in the eyes. "No need, Jelly, I will do everything in my power, to help you out with this problem." he said. "This seems like very risky business, but if that's what it takes to take this changeling into justice, me and Poison are the stallion and mare you need."

Jelly smiled and nodded. "Okay, thank you. Meet me in Canderlot tomorrow." she instructed.

Brainy nodded. "Hmmm..." he said curiously.

Later that night, in Sweet Apple Acres, The Private is seen dropping down, from out of nowhere, in front of the door to the house, next to the barn, and he shook nervously, but then took a couple long breaths, to calm himself.

"Come on, Loopy, you used to be enthusiastic and happy before." Private thought to himself in his mind. "You've been near Applejack before, she finds you interesting, and so does her brother. You will be okay." He took one more long breath, and knocked on the door.

Applejack opens the door and smiles at the sight of the Private. "Ah, Private, welcome." she greeted him.

The Private nodded and gave a hesitant smile.

"Come on in." AJ said, opening the door.

Private walked in and looked around the place, and saw Big Mac walking down the stairs, then Private slowly tried to move away, out of his sight.

Macintosh spotted him and smiled happily. "Private, great to see ya!" he said, coming up to the stallion and hugged him.

Private kind of hugged back, but not completely.

"Heh, ya both are really great pals, the way I see it." Applejack said, nodding.

Big Mac giggled. "Eeyup." he said.

The Private just nodded, with no emotion.

Suddenly, Applebloom came running down the stairs. Granny Smith stopped her, slowing her down.

"Don't run down the stairs, unless ya wanna roll down 'em, sweetie." Granny Smith told Applebloom, with a smile.

"Sorry, Granny." Applebloom said. "I'm just always happy when it's dinner time." she smiled happily.

Applejack beamed. "Ah, Private, ya haven't met my sister and our granny yet." she said to the nervous stallion.

The Private nodded and hesitantly smiled.

"Private, this is my little sister, Applebloom." Applejack said, pointing at the filly.

Applebloom giggles and hugs Private's leg. "Hiya, Private! Nice to meet ya!" she said happily, greeting him.

Private pats Applebloom's head and nods, without saying a word.

"And over here, in the kitchen, is our granny, Granny Smith." AJ said, pointing at the elder mare.

Granny Smith waved at Private. "Hiya, sonny." she said. Nice to see somepony new come by."

Private finally spoke. "Great to meet the rest of your family, Applejack." he said to her.

Applejack nodded and smiled. "Glad you do, sugar cube." she told Private. "Now, who's ready to eat?" she asked everypony in the place.

"Me!" Applebloom shouted happily, raising her hoof.

"Eeyup, me." Big Mac said, smiling.

The Private nodded.

"The food's ready!" Granny Smith said, with a smile.

10 MINUTES LATER...

All the farm ponies and the helmeted stallion are seen at the dining table, eating apples,bread,cheese and muffins.

"So, Private, why don't ya tell us more bout ya problem?" Applejack asked him.

Applebloom looked at him with a surprised expression. "Ya have a problem of sorts?" she asked.

Big Macintosh nodded, and looked at Private. "Eeyup, he does, and I'd like to know more." he said.

Private sighed depressingly, and took out a parchment paper and feather pen with ink, about to write.

Applejack stopped him. "Ah ah ah, please, talk to us. Don't hide ya voice." she said warmly.

"Eeyup, I agree. Spill the beans, don't keep 'em in." Big Mac said.

Private looked at the Apple family in concern, then gave up, and put the paper and pen away. He then finally spoke. "Well, the gist of it is, I'm alone. Scared and alone, like an abandoned colt or filly." he explained.

Applebloom frowns. "Why would ya feel alone?" she asked.

"Because I lost all I loved and cared about." Private replied.

Big Macintosh's ears go down. "Ya never told me that earlier." he said, frowning as well.

Private looked at all the farm ponies with a sarcastic smile. "Ya'll don't need to know EVERYTHING." he said, with stifled chuckle.

"It's the only way we'll be able to help ya through ya problems." AJ said.

"That's true." Private replied, with a smile.

Applebloom then looked at his helmet and pointed at it. "What's that pink helmet for, Private?" she asked him.

Private points at his helmet. "This?" he asked her.

The 3 other ponies nod. "And why pink?" Applejack asked.

"It's coltly." Private replied. "And at least the visors are gray."

"Well, why do ya have it, sonny?" Granny Smith then asked.

Private sighed. "For a reason I can't explain..." he started. "...but I can show ya'll." he finished, and used his front bare hooves to slowly remove the helmet, to reveal his dark gray face. He shakes his head after taking it off, which makes his pink and brown colored mane, which looked similar to Big Mac's but smoother, wave around swiftly, and he exhaled, as he finally opened his eyes, revealing nothing but whiteness.

The entire family looked in shock and awe, as they looked deep into what remains of the Private's eyes.

"Shocking, I know." Private said, sighing.

"You..You're blind?" Big Mac asked, very stunned.

Private nods. "I lost my eyesight not that long ago, during the invasion of those alien ponies." he explained. "Malevolence's brother, Grievance, knocked them out just like that. I don't remember how, it was all a blur. Literally."

Applejack blinked twice. "I never thought anypony would look this way before." she said in concern.

Applebloom hugs Private. "Ya don't have to hide something like this from us, Private." she said. "Ya and the rest of the B.A.D. are already well known around Equestria cause ya fended off those alien ponies. Hiding things like this will just make life harder for ya. I learned that from my entire family." she said, looking at the rest of the ponies, and smiling.

Applejack, Big Mac, and Granny Smith smiled back at little Applebloom.

"You're right." Private said, while not able to see any of them. "But I have my reasons of hiding away things."

"Ya don't need to tell us about that now, if you're feeling uncomfortable." Applejack said.

Private nodded. "Thanks. Maybe another time, yes." he then said. "You know, even though I can't see any of you without this helmet, I've managed to use my other senses to create this." he explained, and put the helmet back on.

In his first person perspective, he looked at the three farm ponies, straight in the eyes, which revealed the HUD inside his helmet: Three vision meters on the top of the HUD, horizontally shown. Along with a motion sensor, and blinkers, representing blinking eyes.

"Now I can see everything, including ya'll, perfectly." Private said, smiling.

Applebloom squealed in delight. "Amazing, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo have to see ya, Private!" she exclaimed happily.

"Ha ha, don't get ahead of ya self, sugar cube." Applejack said, smiling at her little sister, then winked at Private.

Private nodded and smiled. Macintosh and Granny did the same.

Later that night, back at the Castle of Friendship, Twilight is seen in her room, looking out the window, and yawning, until a knock is heard on her bedroom door. She answered the door, and saw Spike and Webber, standing there.

Twilight looked at the stallion and baby dragon surprisingly. "Spike? Webber? What's going on?" she asked them.

"I let him in." Spike explained.

Webber looked at the princess with an uneasy look. "Twilight, we need to talk. There's a little problem." he said.

Twilight looked at her friends, wide eyed, and in great confusion.